Jump to topic:

Idea: Open and Standing Letter to DDO Kids

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 1:20:21 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
There are a lot more kids here than there used to be. Kids are naturally concerned with where to waste away their life or on what online activity. Someone (maybe, though not necessarily me) should write a post, to be stickied, to let kids know what this place is all about.

That might ameliorate some of the stupid reactions that kids have when they realize they're trapped here.

This place is probably the most addictive place I have ever seen on the internet. This place is one where people can interact with all kind of other people, to learn and grow, while ignoring their responsibilities and slowly being lured deeper and deeper into an inescapable trap. Basically, if I had a kid, and they wanted an internet hobby... this is 100% the place I'd never want them to be, for that reason... at least now.

(<3 u yyw)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 2:34:57 AM
At 5/21/2016 1:20:21 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
There are a lot more kids here than there used to be. Kids are naturally concerned with where to waste away their life or on what online activity. Someone (maybe, though not necessarily me) should write a post, to be stickied, to let kids know what this place is all about.

That might ameliorate some of the stupid reactions that kids have when they realize they're trapped here.

This place is probably the most addictive place I have ever seen on the internet. This place is one where people can interact with all kind of other people, to learn and grow, while ignoring their responsibilities and slowly being lured deeper and deeper into an inescapable trap. Basically, if I had a kid, and they wanted an internet hobby... this is 100% the place I'd never want them to be, for that reason... at least now.

(<3 u yyw)

Good idea. We should try to deter as many of those pesky kids from joining as possible, right?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 2:55:29 AM

(<3 u yyw)
wow, I love your honesty. I was giving this thought and thinking how glad I am that my kids didn't find this website when they were younger, because they are already effective at arguing their opinion, and I wouldn't wanna have to listen to them tell me that I was making a fallacious argument or grasping at straws. lol.

Seriously though I was thinking that if they stickied a note to parents about how "wholesome" this website is, than they would also need to remove the hangouts link. The first time I was on there I was called a cuhnt. Imagine I had been a parent, just checking what my kid was up to, o.o. The next time certain members, some under 18 and others who sound older than 40 were "discussing" drug experimentation. Imagine a parent of a member joining that conversation. I'm so glad my kids are over 18 and have a mind of their own.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 9:25:05 PM
At 5/21/2016 2:55:29 AM, Emmarie wrote:
The next time certain members, some under 18 and others who sound older than 40 were "discussing" drug experimentation.

Guilty as charged :S, *stares at Fourtrouble* see the kind of trouble we're causing?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 2:52:02 AM
At 5/21/2016 9:25:05 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/21/2016 2:55:29 AM, Emmarie wrote:
The next time certain members, some under 18 and others who sound older than 40 were "discussing" drug experimentation.

Guilty as charged :S, *stares at Fourtrouble* see the kind of trouble we're causing?
No, it wasn't the night yall were rapping. You weren't there. I won't name names, who was there, but they were members who talk crap about BLM movement. What always surprizes me is when people who are morally iffy, down others who appear to be morally iffy, but really have more morals than the media portrays. One is either a libertarian, and doesn't judge others, or is for law and order and follows laws, is my point.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 4:15:15 AM
There are a lot more kids here than there used to be.

Good. More minions for me to recruit.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015