Jump to topic:

The Kescarte DDO Voting Forum

Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 7:13:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Hello, everyone! Welcome to the Kescarte DDO Voting Forum! As you all have probably heard me say before, it can be tough to find committed voters on DDO. I mean, we've all been there, right? We just finished a debate, and we ask someone to vote on it, and they say they'd only be too happy to vote for your debate. And most of the time, they would. It's just that while most people have good intentions, sometimes they are too busy to vote for every debate they get the request for. There is the Voter's Union, of course. And I suggest you post your debates there, too. But I think the KDVF is destined for success from the beginning, in ways that are not necessarily duplicated elsewhere. Let me list the reasons.

1. Although anyone can vote on a debate, there is a specific, exclusive group of people who are asked to join the Voter's Team, which is the main voting block for this forum. Although there are only three of us to begin, I expect the number of people will go up over time.

2. It's automated. I don't know how the Voter's Union operates, but here at the KDVF, whenever you post a debate up for vote, your request is confirmed, either by a member of the team in-thread, or by PM. A message is also sent out by PM to the Voting Team stating that their is a pending request that needs to be addressed.

3. It's managed. To remain on the Voting Team, members are required to vote on the debates posted in the forum. If they do not vote on a debate, then a mark is put against them. An exception can be made if the member does not feel they adequately understand the material debated upon, or something of that nature. However, such an exception must be requested by PM. This is done to protect the efficiency of our forum, and ensure that debaters receive votes in a timely matter.

Thus, the Kescarte DDO Voting Forum is open for business! Please submit links to your debates for voting.

Oh, btw, if you have any questions or concerns regarding the forum, please message a member of the Voting Team.
I'm not sure what to put here yet. Someone please give me some suggestions.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 7:34:37 PM
(anti Voter's Union) I am doing a voting program very different from yours.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 7:40:55 PM
At 5/22/2016 7:13:08 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:
Hello, everyone! Welcome to the Kescarte DDO Voting Forum! As you all have probably heard me say before, it can be tough to find committed voters on DDO. I mean, we've all been there, right? We just finished a debate, and we ask someone to vote on it, and they say they'd only be too happy to vote for your debate. And most of the time, they would. It's just that while most people have good intentions, sometimes they are too busy to vote for every debate they get the request for. There is the Voter's Union, of course. And I suggest you post your debates there, too. But I think the KDVF is destined for success from the beginning, in ways that are not necessarily duplicated elsewhere. Let me list the reasons.

1. Although anyone can vote on a debate, there is a specific, exclusive group of people who are asked to join the Voter's Team, which is the main voting block for this forum. Although there are only three of us to begin, I expect the number of people will go up over time.

same as VU, only a better program

VU is the best voting program ever in DDO

2. It's automated. I don't know how the Voter's Union operates, but here at the KDVF, whenever you post a debate up for vote, your request is confirmed, either by a member of the team in-thread, or by PM. A message is also sent out by PM to the Voting Team stating that their is a pending request that needs to be addressed.

The VU has a google doc, where there are quality debates that they all need to vote on. If they vote on it, then they get 1 or 2 points, and the most one with points get a prize. Not only the way is efficient, it is good. Many people will vote in order to get the prize. There is a PM too.

3. It's managed. To remain on the Voting Team, members are required to vote on the debates posted in the forum. If they do not vote on a debate, then a mark is put against them. An exception can be made if the member does not feel they adequately understand the material debated upon, or something of that nature. However, such an exception must be requested by PM. This is done to protect the efficiency of our forum, and ensure that debaters receive votes in a timely matter.

This is threatening. It is boring. You need the voters to enjoy the program to keep doing so. What is the mark? What is the prize? The VU is much better because there is a prize. Also, no doing a vote isn't bad. The voter might be busy. You should not threaten for not doing a vote, and should give a prize for a vote. The VU does not care if you miss on debate, unless you don't vote at all for the whole month. The VU gives points for more votes, and the most votes gets a prize. I have a game by winning in the VU, and it is awesome

Thus, the Kescarte DDO Voting Forum is open for business! Please submit links to your debates for voting.

Oh, btw, if you have any questions or concerns regarding the forum, please message a member of the Voting Team.

You need to work more on the program. VU is way better.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 8:02:47 PM
At 5/22/2016 7:40:55 PM, fire_wings wrote:

The VU has a google doc, where there are quality debates that they all need to vote on. If they vote on it, then they get 1 or 2 points, and the most one with points get a prize. Not only the way is efficient, it is good. Many people will vote in order to get the prize. There is a PM too.

This is threatening. It is boring. You need the voters to enjoy the program to keep doing so. What is the mark? What is the prize? The VU is much better because there is a prize. Also, no doing a vote isn't bad. The voter might be busy. You should not threaten for not doing a vote, and should give a prize for a vote. The VU does not care if you miss on debate, unless you don't vote at all for the whole month. The VU gives points for more votes, and the most votes gets a prize. I have a game by winning in the VU, and it is awesome

Thank you fire_wings for your helpful critisism. I do realize that, starting off, we're not as good as the Voter's Union. It's true that we don't offer prizes or anything, and that we aren't neccessarily a big group to begin with. That's not to say that we won't ever have prizes, or something along those lines. There are many good things we can do, expansion is a great thing, and I'm always open to suggestions, not just from the Voting Team but also from the people who post their debates here. But at the same time, we must have some sort of sytem in place when we start off. And I'd like to think that members of the Voting Team are commited to voting for others' debates, whether a "prize" is offered, or not. I believe this is what debaters really want, voters who are commited, and see there debates as something more than a number of points to a prize. I could be completely wrong about this, though, and I suppose time will tell.

And please understand that I am not "anti-Voter's Union". This isn't about the Voter's Union. This is about providing insightful votes to debaters in a timely manner. If the Voter's Union does this, great! Why would anyone quit posting their debates there, then? In fact, why would anyone who wanted a lot of votes for their debate not post the link on both the Voter's Union page and the page for the KDVF? After all, it's just that much more exposure.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 8:17:27 PM
At 5/22/2016 8:02:47 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

Thank you fire_wings for your helpful critisism. I do realize that, starting off, we're not as good as the Voter's Union. It's true that we don't offer prizes or anything, and that we aren't neccessarily a big group to begin with. That's not to say that we won't ever have prizes, or something along those lines. There are many good things we can do, expansion is a great thing, and I'm always open to suggestions, not just from the Voting Team but also from the people who post their debates here. But at the same time, we must have some sort of sytem in place when we start off. And I'd like to think that members of the Voting Team are commited to voting for others' debates, whether a "prize" is offered, or not. I believe this is what debaters really want, voters who are commited, and see there debates as something more than a number of points to a prize. I could be completely wrong about this, though, and I suppose time will tell.

And please understand that I am not "anti-Voter's Union". This isn't about the Voter's Union. This is about providing insightful votes to debaters in a timely manner. If the Voter's Union does this, great! Why would anyone quit posting their debates there, then? In fact, why would anyone who wanted a lot of votes for their debate not post the link on both the Voter's Union page and the page for the KDVF? After all, it's just that much more exposure.

The team is actually quite decent. I just think that it will be boring, and it is kinda like the VU. If it can be more interesting, I am in. It is a okay idea though.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 8:20:34 PM
I would join, but I am already an active moderator of the VU, a currently (rather successful) voting group. I'd be happy to help out where I can, because I definitely think the site could always use more quality votes.

I'd have to see the quality of the votes made by your group before vouching for it, but the intention looks good as is.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 8:21:07 PM
At 5/22/2016 8:17:27 PM, fire_wings wrote:

The team is actually quite decent. I just think that it will be boring, and it is kinda like the VU. If it can be more interesting, I am in. It is a okay idea though.

Like I said, I'm always open to new suggestions! :) What did you have in mind to make the KDFV less boring and more interesting?
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 8:22:10 PM
At 5/22/2016 8:21:07 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:
At 5/22/2016 8:17:27 PM, fire_wings wrote:

Like I said, I'm always open to new suggestions! :) What did you have in mind to make the KDFV less boring and more interesting?

I dunno. You need to make the voters want to do this. "What do people want?" is the question to your answer.

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 7:56:43 AM
I'm glad to see another group appear. Multiple groups is always a good thing. Perhaps, if your group grows large enough, we can do cross-group competitions to keep both groups enthusiastic.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 4:05:12 PM
At 5/23/2016 7:56:43 AM, donald.keller wrote:
I'm glad to see another group appear. Multiple groups is always a good thing. Perhaps, if your group grows large enough, we can do cross-group competitions to keep both groups enthusiastic.

Hey! That's a great idea! That would make everything even more fun! But what kind of competition can you have with voting forums?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 5:07:52 PM
At 5/23/2016 4:05:12 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

Hey! That's a great idea! That would make everything even more fun! But what kind of competition can you have with voting forums?

Easy... Every vote = X amount of points.... Or every debate that gets 2 votes = points... Maybe a team-effort or each member competes against each other.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 5:26:39 PM
At 5/23/2016 5:07:52 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Easy... Every vote = X amount of points.... Or every debate that gets 2 votes = points... Maybe a team-effort or each member competes against each other.

good idea :D

Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 5:49:13 PM

Sounds Good!
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 9:23:45 PM
At 5/23/2016 5:49:13 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

Sounds Good!

Good luck growing. Hopefully, your program works out. :)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 2:19:12 PM
At 5/22/2016 8:20:34 PM, TUF wrote:
I would join, but I am already an active moderator of the VU, a currently (rather successful) voting group. I'd be happy to help out where I can, because I definitely think the site could always use more quality votes.

I'd have to see the quality of the votes made by your group before vouching for it, but the intention looks good as is.

Well, thank you TUF. I appreciate your willingness to help out. But yes, we'll have to see how good we do first at voting, as soon as someone posts a debate for a vote.
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 2:23:36 PM
Oh, I have an annoucement. We have just received a new member on to our Voting Team. Here's the updated member list:

1. DonutQueen
2. heywil2
3. Kescarte_DeJudica
4. Edlvsjd
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 2:43:27 PM
At 5/26/2016 2:19:12 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

Well, thank you TUF. I appreciate your willingness to help out. But yes, we'll have to see how good we do first at voting, as soon as someone posts a debate for a vote.

Also if you guys would like aboard the VU, we could always use more support, and our goals are essentially the same. The VU is already established and well ran, I think you guys would like it.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 3:16:06 PM
I will join.

Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 5:51:22 PM
At 5/26/2016 3:16:06 PM, fire_wings wrote:
I will join.

You'll join what?
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 5:58:32 PM
At 5/26/2016 2:43:27 PM, TUF wrote:
At 5/26/2016 2:19:12 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

Also if you guys would like aboard the VU, we could always use more support, and our goals are essentially the same. The VU is already established and well ran, I think you guys would like it.

Well, I can't speak for the rest of the Team, but I personally would be very honored to join the VU, so long as it is okay to still run this forum as well. By what process does one become a member of the VU?
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 6:03:38 PM
At 5/26/2016 5:51:22 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:
I will join.

You'll join what?

your thing.

Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 6:09:04 PM
At 5/26/2016 6:03:38 PM, fire_wings wrote:
At 5/26/2016 5:51:22 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:
I will join.

You'll join what?

your thing.

Okay, great! Welcome aboard! Funny, because I was just getting ready to send out a team update, so that is very good timing. :)
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 5:44:09 AM

Will the voters then be voted?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com...