Jump to topic:

I'm calling you out, mattrodstrom!

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 5:23:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ignoring the fact that you take pleasure in trying to debase others while satiating a simply selfish desire of achieving a sad form of humor, I'd like to either engage you in a debate of our mutual choosing or intellectual discussion that actually focuses on the issue at hand. If you choose to debate, I'll actually "try" this time; hopefully, it will be an interesting topic.

Now, I understand that you may have some issues you're working with, and although you'll probably accuse me of acting like a woman again (old sh!t stays old), this really is not an act of gloom or weakness on my part; essentially, I think it may be a little more valuable for the both of us to respect one another instead of wasting time with meaningless insults.

Simply a thought.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 5:25:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I honestly am not trying to be rude, although I can see how it may be interpreted that way. I actually think there's more to you than what you're giving us, but the same old insults are derailing too many threads.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 6:51:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
8p
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 6:53:32 PM
At 12/10/2010 6:51:56 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
8p

Lulz. I can interpret this in several ways, so you can either clarify, or I'll make a judgment ;)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 8:27:56 PM
so... whaddaya wanna debate?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 8:39:29 PM
At 12/10/2010 8:35:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/10/2010 8:27:56 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

What would you care to debate?

"There is good reason to believe in the existence of God"

Metaphysics:
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 8:40:36 PM
At 12/10/2010 8:39:29 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 12/10/2010 8:35:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/10/2010 8:27:56 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

What would you care to debate?

"There is good reason to believe in the existence of God"

Ehhhh. How about something more original or "interesting?" It's a little overdone.

Any big recent news events you find contrary to your own beliefs?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 8:46:52 PM
At 12/10/2010 8:40:36 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Any big recent news events you find contrary to your own beliefs?

I find arguing with people's Metaphysical claims to be most engaging.

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 9:15:08 PM
You had a thread a few days ago where you were asking whether you're taking a "free" hot dog from Big Lots was stealing...

and I said whether it's "stealing" or not doesn't really matter at all.

basically that the distinction of "stealing" isn't (of itself) particularly relevant/enlightening in determining what ought be done (and so isn't particularly important)

If you want to claim that "stealing" is a particularly relevant distinction.... OR that any such kind of category/distinction "violence"... or "compassion".. is Universally important to "what ought be done"...

Basically arguing for a substantive Rationalistic/Objectivish view of Morality...

then I'd be willing to debate ya on that too.

Metaphysics:
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 9:57:24 PM
At 12/10/2010 9:15:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
You had a thread a few days ago where you were asking whether you're taking a "free" hot dog from Big Lots was stealing...

basically that the distinction of "stealing" isn't (of itself) particularly relevant/enlightening in determining what ought be done (and so isn't particularly important)

If you want to claim that "stealing" is a particularly relevant distinction.... OR that any such kind of category/distinction "violence"... or "compassion".. is Universally important to "what ought be done"...

Basically arguing for a substantive Rationalistic/Objectivish view of Morality...

I'll consider it, and plausibly throw in others issues as well.

Do you want one before or after the break? Preference?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 10:07:06 PM
At 12/10/2010 9:57:24 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/10/2010 9:15:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I'll consider it, and plausibly throw in others issues as well.

Do you want one before or after the break? Preference?

mmmm...

Metaphysics: