\\===*== Details about Voting Reform ==*===//

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 5:18:59 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
\\====***== Details about Voting Reform ==***====//

One of the major goals of our ticket is Voting Reform. This has been clearly stated since our Official Announcement and our Platform Thread. Voting has been a huge priority of me and TUF's, as seen by our extensive history with the topic...

In the last three years, TUF has hosted several Voting Competitions, with prizes ranging from an Xbox 360 and an Ipad, as well as a PlayStation 4. TUF may have spent as much as $400+ on Voting. In those same years, I ran a successful group called the Voting Squad. The group had 10 members at it's height. Later, I ran along side a number of members in Blade_of_Truth's Supreme Summit. Later, I formed one of the most successful voting groups in DDO history, the Voter's Union, where I have spent nearly $500 on games and prizes.

In the last two months, we got a major voting policy passed, uniting much of the site behind the ideas of fairer voting. There is no questioning the dedication, and experience, me and TUF have with voting.

Note: Me and TUF are not socializing the Voter's Union. The group will remain privately ran and funded.

\\===***== Our Goals ==***===//

The main goal of our Voting Reform is to create a more options-friendly approach to moderation. As of now, Voting Moderation is open to options, but it's still built around a specific standard. A one-size-fits-all approach.

I want to work with Whiteflame, Airmax, and BOT, openly with the community, to restructure the way moderation is done to focus more on the options than the "official" standard. The general idea must allow for more option-oriented policies, while keeping moderation simple and clean.

The problem with the One-size-fits-all approach is that only half of the site finds Vote Moderation to be just right. The other half finds it too lenient or too strict... The truth is, it's your debate, and you should have full say in how it's moderated. We need an approach that's hold's that philosophy to it's core. That focus's on your ability to pick stricter or more lenient standards as you wish. Options take a back door position in moderation, when it needs to be the front door.

\\===***== Additional Programs ==***===//

I had a few ideas in mind... Programs that work best when continually sponsored, and so need to be led by a continually existing office.

One example is a Voting thread where you must vote on the current debate before you can post your own. The next person must vote on your debate before posting theirs. The thread is experimental, making the Presidency a great role to run it with. The Presidency's talent for sparking experimental concepts that wouldn't otherwise work is notable. This comes from the role's self-propelling reputation.

Another example is the Voter's Mentoring Program: A group formed of trainers and students to teach new voter's how to better analyze a debate and vote on it. The lack of good votes isn't because of high standards. It's because of a lack of good voters. Training new, quality voters is the best way of addressing the lack of votes.

It's a core philosophy of the DK/TUF ticket that, when we do host programs, they are oriented around training community members to fulfill a goal, instead of fulfilling it ourselves. A community trained to succeed will continue to succeed beyond the term of the President.

\\===***== Final Statements ==***===//

Our goals are to reform voting in a way that focus's on one's ability to decide how their debate should be voted on and moderation, without increasing the difficulty of moderating.

As far as voting goes, no candidate in the race has experience with the topic, better yet the experience and history me and TUF does. Voting is a topic we hope to tackle a lot, and openly, with the support of the community.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite
DK/TUF 2016
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 5:25:06 PM
At 5/26/2016 5:18:59 PM, donald.keller wrote:
\\====***== Details about Voting Reform ==***====//

One of the major goals of our ticket is Voting Reform. This has been clearly stated since our Official Announcement and our Platform Thread. Voting has been a huge priority of me and TUF's, as seen by our extensive history with the topic...

In the last three years, TUF has hosted several Voting Competitions, with prizes ranging from an Xbox 360 and an Ipad, as well as a PlayStation 4. TUF may have spent as much as $400+ on Voting. In those same years, I ran a successful group called the Voting Squad. The group had 10 members at it's height. Later, I ran along side a number of members in Blade_of_Truth's Supreme Summit. Later, I formed one of the most successful voting groups in DDO history, the Voter's Union, where I have spent nearly $500 on games and prizes.

In the last two months, we got a major voting policy passed, uniting much of the site behind the ideas of fairer voting. There is no questioning the dedication, and experience, me and TUF have with voting.

Note: Me and TUF are not socializing the Voter's Union. The group will remain privately ran and funded.

\\===***== Our Goals ==***===//

The main goal of our Voting Reform is to create a more options-friendly approach to moderation. As of now, Voting Moderation is open to options, but it's still built around a specific standard. A one-size-fits-all approach.

I want to work with Whiteflame, Airmax, and BOT, openly with the community, to restructure the way moderation is done to focus more on the options than the "official" standard. The general idea must allow for more option-oriented policies, while keeping moderation simple and clean.

The problem with the One-size-fits-all approach is that only half of the site finds Vote Moderation to be just right. The other half finds it too lenient or too strict... The truth is, it's your debate, and you should have full say in how it's moderated. We need an approach that's hold's that philosophy to it's core. That focus's on your ability to pick stricter or more lenient standards as you wish. Options take a back door position in moderation, when it needs to be the front door.

\\===***== Additional Programs ==***===//

I had a few ideas in mind... Programs that work best when continually sponsored, and so need to be led by a continually existing office.

One example is a Voting thread where you must vote on the current debate before you can post your own. The next person must vote on your debate before posting theirs. The thread is experimental, making the Presidency a great role to run it with. The Presidency's talent for sparking experimental concepts that wouldn't otherwise work is notable. This comes from the role's self-propelling reputation.

Another example is the Voter's Mentoring Program: A group formed of trainers and students to teach new voter's how to better analyze a debate and vote on it. The lack of good votes isn't because of high standards. It's because of a lack of good voters. Training new, quality voters is the best way of addressing the lack of votes.

It's a core philosophy of the DK/TUF ticket that, when we do host programs, they are oriented around training community members to fulfill a goal, instead of fulfilling it ourselves. A community trained to succeed will continue to succeed beyond the term of the President.

\\===***== Final Statements ==***===//

Our goals are to reform voting in a way that focus's on one's ability to decide how their debate should be voted on and moderation, without increasing the difficulty of moderating.

As far as voting goes, no candidate in the race has experience with the topic, better yet the experience and history me and TUF does. Voting is a topic we hope to tackle a lot, and openly, with the support of the community.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite
DK/TUF 2016

I love the idea of the voters mentoring program. This will help from members becoming discouraged, and less likely to vote, and hopefully keep more people around.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 2:50:30 AM
At 5/26/2016 5:25:06 PM, Rosalie wrote:

I love the idea of the voters mentoring program. This will help from members becoming discouraged, and less likely to vote, and hopefully keep more people around.

Sorry. I read this on the phone and wanted to reply when I got home... And then I forgot about it lol.

I think the best part about a Voter's Mentorship program is that it would help increase the number of good voters casting good votes.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 2:58:25 AM
At 6/1/2016 2:50:30 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Sorry. I read this on the phone and wanted to reply when I got home... And then I forgot about it lol.

Do we really want such a neglectful candidate for president? #neverDK
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 3:30:20 AM
At 6/1/2016 2:58:25 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/1/2016 2:50:30 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Do we really want such a neglectful candidate for president? #neverDK

Well, I suppose forgetting one post in the last few hundred is a pretty good record.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:52:17 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Bump
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka