Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Presidential Debate - Question Request

Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 6:35:14 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I have invited all candidates to debate with Airmax as moderator. So fare 1harder and DK have accepted the challenge, and the door is left open to imabench if he chooses to participate.

The debate time has tentatively been set for this Friday night, depending on work schedules.

If you have any questions for the debate please forward them to Airmax.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 1:29:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 6:35:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:
I have invited all candidates to debate with Airmax as moderator. So fare 1harder and DK have accepted the challenge

1) Actually DK has not accepted the challenge because he does not know if he will be available that day.

2) You straight up stole my original idea of having a debate and having questions be submitted by voters before it has even had a chance to be done. The prior debate was moderated by mikal on his own accord and wasnt actually the debate I had tried to arrange

3) You have been almost a complete ghost on the site regarding the election for the past several weeks now and still barely have any support. You are not a legit campaign or a legit candidate so you are way out of place to try to be arranging a debate with campaigns who actually poll better than you and have more than 4 supporters.

4) Do you even have a webcam and a mic to be able to participate in a google hangout? Ive legit never seen you in one and I doubt that anyone else has either
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:25:54 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 1:29:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 6:35:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:
I have invited all candidates to debate with Airmax as moderator. So fare 1harder and DK have accepted the challenge

1) Actually DK has not accepted the challenge because he does not know if he will be available that day.

He has tentatively accepted, but as I noted the day and time is still in question as we are arranging work schedules.

2) You straight up stole my original idea of having a debate and having questions be submitted by voters before it has even had a chance to be done.

WOW! Imagine that; debate on a debating website. There have never been presidential debates before. Thank-you for your innovation.

You know what? I have no idea of the rules of your debate and how you went about setting it up. Why? Because I was never included in any of the discussions. When I noted this to the other candidates they invited me to set up another debate. I have done so and you are welcome to join. You are welcome to refuse. I have been open and transparent about the whole thing.

The prior debate was moderated by mikal on his own accord and wasnt actually the debate I had tried to arrange

I fully realize that. It was gracious of Mikal to do this.

3) You have been almost a complete ghost on the site regarding the election for the past several weeks now and still barely have any support. You are not a legit campaign or a legit candidate so you are way out of place to try to be arranging a debate with campaigns who actually poll better than you and have more than 4 supporters.

Yes regrettably I have had little free time for the past 2 weeks. That should now be improving over the next week. I'm still busy, but not absolutely swamped. Life happens.

I am a legitimate campaign and my numbers in the past 2 weeks have increased more than any other campaign despite my inability to actively campaign. This shows interest.

Ah a wonderful elitist attitude you have. Mikal setting up a debate is acceptable, but me doing so is overstepping my societal class on here; I beg forgiveness m'lord. The other campaigns realize that my campaign is sincere and they welcome additional opportunities to discuss the relative strengths of their campaigns while addressing my unorthodox campaign.

4) Do you even have a webcam and a mic to be able to participate in a google hangout? Ive legit never seen you in one and I doubt that anyone else has either

Lol. You let me handle my technological requirements to participate in the debate. However, in the past (mostly when you were gone from the site) I did have some participation in the Hangouts. I hosted a series of trivia games called Geopardy.

Once my last child was born my free time to do such things decreased. Now it is slowly increasing again and I can occasionally be found lurking in the Hangouts.

Finally, I only join when the other participants are in the older range of those who frequent the Hangouts. A guy in his 40s with a bunch of teenagers is just awkward at best. I do it more as a curiosity as to what the thought processes of the other members of the site are.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:32:20 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 4:25:54 PM, Geogeer wrote:

I am a legitimate campaign and my numbers in the past 2 weeks have increased more than any other campaign despite my inability to actively campaign. This shows interest.

In the latest poll you only got 4 votes.

http://www.debate.org...

You therefore are not a legitimate campaign or a legitimate contender and you do not have as much support as you lie about. Youre sporadic participation on the site at all in addition to your god-awful polling numbers are enough to disqualify you from being allowed in a debate with campaigns that can actually get votes.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:38:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 4:32:20 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:25:54 PM, Geogeer wrote:

I am a legitimate campaign and my numbers in the past 2 weeks have increased more than any other campaign despite my inability to actively campaign. This shows interest.

In the latest poll you only got 4 votes.

http://www.debate.org...

You therefore are not a legitimate campaign or a legitimate contender and you do not have as much support as you lie about. Youre sporadic participation on the site at all in addition to your god-awful polling numbers are enough to disqualify you from being allowed in a debate with campaigns that can actually get votes.

Much like the US Presidential debates, you must have a certain level of support in order for you to be able to make the debates.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:50:54 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 4:32:20 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:25:54 PM, Geogeer wrote:

I am a legitimate campaign and my numbers in the past 2 weeks have increased more than any other campaign despite my inability to actively campaign. This shows interest.

In the latest poll you only got 4 votes.

Sure. Every poll is a snapshot of the people who take the time to view and answer the poll.

http://www.debate.org...

You therefore are not a legitimate campaign or a legitimate contender and you do not have as much support as you lie about. Youre sporadic participation on the site at all in addition to your god-awful polling numbers are enough to disqualify you from being allowed in a debate with campaigns that can actually get votes.

Then don't debate me. Just ignore me. If it is a joke people will realize it in the debate, and I will lose what support I have. Those votes will probably go to the candidates who debated me.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 5:19:29 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 4:38:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:32:20 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:25:54 PM, Geogeer wrote:

I am a legitimate campaign and my numbers in the past 2 weeks have increased more than any other campaign despite my inability to actively campaign. This shows interest.

In the latest poll you only got 4 votes.

http://www.debate.org...

You therefore are not a legitimate campaign or a legitimate contender and you do not have as much support as you lie about. Youre sporadic participation on the site at all in addition to your god-awful polling numbers are enough to disqualify you from being allowed in a debate with campaigns that can actually get votes.

Much like the US Presidential debates, you must have a certain level of support in order for you to be able to make the debates.

I invited members (not part of campaigns) to comment whether my campaign should be in the debates. 8 stepped forward to say yes, not one stepped up to say no.

http://www.debate.org...
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 5:20:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Back on topic:

I have invited all candidates to debate with Airmax as moderator. So far 1harder and DK have accepted the challenge, and the door is left open to imabench if he chooses to participate.

The debate time has tentatively been set for this Friday night, depending on work schedules.

If you have any questions for the debate please forward them to Airmax.
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 5:28:26 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 5:19:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:38:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:32:20 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:25:54 PM, Geogeer wrote:

I am a legitimate campaign and my numbers in the past 2 weeks have increased more than any other campaign despite my inability to actively campaign. This shows interest.

In the latest poll you only got 4 votes.

http://www.debate.org...

You therefore are not a legitimate campaign or a legitimate contender and you do not have as much support as you lie about. Youre sporadic participation on the site at all in addition to your god-awful polling numbers are enough to disqualify you from being allowed in a debate with campaigns that can actually get votes.

Much like the US Presidential debates, you must have a certain level of support in order for you to be able to make the debates.

I invited members (not part of campaigns) to comment whether my campaign should be in the debates. 8 stepped forward to say yes, not one stepped up to say no.

http://www.debate.org...

What about doing debates on here?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 5:30:00 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 5:19:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:38:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:32:20 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:25:54 PM, Geogeer wrote:

I am a legitimate campaign and my numbers in the past 2 weeks have increased more than any other campaign despite my inability to actively campaign. This shows interest.

In the latest poll you only got 4 votes.

http://www.debate.org...

You therefore are not a legitimate campaign or a legitimate contender and you do not have as much support as you lie about. Youre sporadic participation on the site at all in addition to your god-awful polling numbers are enough to disqualify you from being allowed in a debate with campaigns that can actually get votes.

Much like the US Presidential debates, you must have a certain level of support in order for you to be able to make the debates.

I invited members (not part of campaigns) to comment whether my campaign should be in the debates. 8 stepped forward to say yes, not one stepped up to say no.

All of whom are either idiots, were trolling, or just genuinely dont care.

Your campaign isnt a serious one and you dont even have the will to campaign for yourself in the first place. Why do you expect everyone else to take you seriously when you dont even take your own campaign seriously?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 5:51:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 5:30:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 5:19:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:38:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Much like the US Presidential debates, you must have a certain level of support in order for you to be able to make the debates.

I invited members (not part of campaigns) to comment whether my campaign should be in the debates. 8 stepped forward to say yes, not one stepped up to say no.

All of whom are either idiots, were trolling, or just genuinely dont care.

It is amusing how you are just dismissive of people on this site, and how you actually feel about the direct democracy you are trying to implement. If the personality of the person running the campaign is reflective of the results on the site, this place should just be a ball of fun if you win. Your winning would set a new low for interaction and decorum on this site and further harm DDO.

Your campaign isnt a serious one and you dont even have the will to campaign for yourself in the first place. Why do you expect everyone else to take you seriously when you dont even take your own campaign seriously?

Yes, I know that to a university student, there is all the time in the world, especially during summer. I don't believe that people are taking this line of argument seriously. However, please keep harping on the fact that I prioritize commitments made over personal endeavors if you believe that this harms my reputation.
Peepette
Posts: 1,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 5:51:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Geogeer has been very gracious to invite everyone running to the table for debate. Despite imabench's endless derisiveness toward NATO's campaign, he too has been extended and invitation; maturity and fairness is being exhibited which has more value in cutting through the issues than the recent flame wars and personal attacks.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 5:55:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 5:28:26 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/31/2016 5:19:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:38:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Much like the US Presidential debates, you must have a certain level of support in order for you to be able to make the debates.

I invited members (not part of campaigns) to comment whether my campaign should be in the debates. 8 stepped forward to say yes, not one stepped up to say no.

http://www.debate.org...

What about doing debates on here?

http://www.debate.org...

I set out a challenge as soon as I announced. It seems the live debates held more attraction.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 5:57:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 5:51:09 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 5:30:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 5:19:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:38:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Much like the US Presidential debates, you must have a certain level of support in order for you to be able to make the debates.

I invited members (not part of campaigns) to comment whether my campaign should be in the debates. 8 stepped forward to say yes, not one stepped up to say no.

All of whom are either idiots, were trolling, or just genuinely dont care.

It is amusing how you are just dismissive of people on this site

Its not nearly as amusing as the level of support you think you have but clearly dont.

Your winning would set a new low for interaction and decorum on this site and further harm DDO.

Actually you winning would cause greater harm to DDO. You and those brainless enough to support you simply fail to realize that.

Your campaign isnt a serious one and you dont even have the will to campaign for yourself in the first place. Why do you expect everyone else to take you seriously when you dont even take your own campaign seriously?

Yes, I know that to a university student, there is all the time in the world, especially during summer. I don't believe that people are taking this line of argument seriously. However, please keep harping on the fact that I prioritize commitments made over personal endeavors if you believe that this harms my reputation.

Its not about reputation, its about you not being able to do the job you are currently running for. You lack the time and effort to rule the site the same way you lack the time and effort to even campaign properly, in addition to not having any respectable amount of support for your campaign either.

Youre not going to win and you cannot win either. Be an adult and drop out so that the other campaigns who actually DO have a shot at winning can compete for votes.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 6:07:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 5:57:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 5:51:09 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 5:30:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/31/2016 5:19:29 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:38:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Much like the US Presidential debates, you must have a certain level of support in order for you to be able to make the debates.

I invited members (not part of campaigns) to comment whether my campaign should be in the debates. 8 stepped forward to say yes, not one stepped up to say no.

All of whom are either idiots, were trolling, or just genuinely dont care.

It is amusing how you are just dismissive of people on this site

Its not nearly as amusing as the level of support you think you have but clearly dont.

Time will tell.

Your winning would set a new low for interaction and decorum on this site and further harm DDO.

Actually you winning would cause greater harm to DDO. You and those brainless enough to support you simply fail to realize that.

Continued respect for the democratic process.

Your campaign isnt a serious one and you dont even have the will to campaign for yourself in the first place. Why do you expect everyone else to take you seriously when you dont even take your own campaign seriously?

Yes, I know that to a university student, there is all the time in the world, especially during summer. I don't believe that people are taking this line of argument seriously. However, please keep harping on the fact that I prioritize commitments made over personal endeavors if you believe that this harms my reputation.

Its not about reputation, its about you not being able to do the job you are currently running for. You lack the time and effort to rule the site the same way you lack the time and effort to even campaign properly, in addition to not having any respectable amount of support for your campaign either.

The changes would long outlive my term. I carry through on commitments.

Youre not going to win and you cannot win either. Be an adult and drop out so that the other campaigns who actually DO have a shot at winning can compete for votes.

Why? If as you say I have such a pathetically small following, the numbers shouldn't really matter. If however, I have more than you are claiming my numbers mean a great deal. Which is it?

Anyways, you can bring any of this up in the debate on Friday if you so choose to participate.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 6:23:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 6:07:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 5:57:21 PM, imabench wrote:

Youre not going to win and you cannot win either. Be an adult and drop out so that the other campaigns who actually DO have a shot at winning can compete for votes.

Why? If as you say I have such a pathetically small following, the numbers shouldn't really matter.

Its not the numbers, its your actions. You have a pathetic base of support yet continually whine and moan about not being treated as a serious candidate in as many presidency threads you can find. You continually try to hijack the election and steer it towards yourself for your own selfish reasons, rather then just concede that you will not win like any person with a shred of honor would have done and let the other capable campaigns make their cases instead......

Anyways, you can bring any of this up in the debate on Friday if you so choose to participate.

If you are not even capable of answering questions here in the forums then there is no point in wasting valuable time asking you these same questions in a debate.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 6:56:40 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/31/2016 4:25:54 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/31/2016 1:29:42 PM, imabench wrote:
Finally, I only join when the other participants are in the older range of those who frequent the Hangouts. A guy in his 40s with a bunch of teenagers is just awkward at best. I do it more as a curiosity as to what the thought processes of the other members of the site are.

TBR does it sometimes - his child is also a source of entertainment.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King