NEW OWNERS, I AM CALLING YOU OUT!i!

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:27:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dear new owners of debate.org,

The users of this site are very curious as to who you are and what will be happening to it. We ask you with urgency not to do anything that would disrupt our community and we also ask that you listen to suggestions we have for the experience here.

Sincerely and with gratitude,
One of the many active users on this site concerned about our future here.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:29:14 PM
At 12/12/2010 2:27:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:

The users of this site are very curious as to who you are and what will be happening to it. We ask you with urgency not to do anything that would disrupt our community and we also ask that you listen to suggestions we have for the experience here.

Two of the many active users on this site concerned about our future here.

1) FREEDO
2) m93samman
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:29:16 PM
At 12/12/2010 2:27:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:

One of the many active users on this site concerned about our future here.

This, except doesn't listen to Freedos stupid anarco-communism theory regarding this site.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:30:59 PM
Although I'd love for the owners to take our pleas into consideration, it is ultimately up to the owners' intentions.

Profit motive may be the most important thing in the picture. No profit, no incentive to keep the site the way it is. However, if the owners are fond of the site and would like to become active participants, that is a different story. However, profit motive may be the most important factor that goes into the decision.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:33:35 PM
At 12/12/2010 2:30:59 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Although I'd love for the owners to take our pleas into consideration, it is ultimately up to the owners' intentions.

Profit motive may be the most important thing in the picture. No profit, no incentive to keep the site the way it is. However, if the owners are fond of the site and would like to become active participants, that is a different story. However, profit motive may be the most important factor that goes into the decision.

Yeah, but the reason they want this site is because it is getting so many hits the way the site is right now. So changing it will risk losing the high number of hits it previously got with the old version.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:34:34 PM
At 12/12/2010 2:33:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/12/2010 2:30:59 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Yeah, but the reason they want this site is because it is getting so many hits the way the site is right now. So changing it will risk losing the high number of hits it previously got with the old version.

Exactly.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:35:06 PM

That is a good point, most of the hits come from regular users, and if the site changed then none of us would come here.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:36:14 PM
At 12/12/2010 2:35:06 PM, Korashk wrote:

That is a good point, most of the hits come from regular users, and if the site changed then none of us would come here.

Very true. Why change it when the current way is working well enough?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 2:42:54 PM
I dont know about the rest of you, but im stoked for some change and new mods. I dont care what they do with it so long as there is still a debating and forum system that could keep up with our old ways.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?