Jump to topic:

**Harder/Solon platform Part 3: Programs**

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 8:45:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Hello, DDO. This is the third installment of my platform series of threads. Given the recent issues some voters and myself have taken with DK's platform in regards to what will happen to Bsh's programs, I will be making a thread to give a clear view of what I will do with the previous administration's work.

List of Programs and the Bsh-led Advisory Panel

The following have been positions in the Advisory Panel in the Bsh1 admministration:

Administration Director of the New User Membership Program
Special Advisory Panelist for Community Affairs
Special Advisory Panelist for Debating and Voting Issues
Administration Director for the Bi-weekly Topics Program
Special Advisory Panelist for Forums and Polls Issues
Special Advisory Panelist for Wiki Affairs
Special Advisory Panelist for User Outreach and New User Affairs
Administration Director for Tournament Affairs

A Harder-led Advisory Panel

I plan on having a community-centric (as opposed to policy-centric, which is an entirely different discussion) advisory panel for my administration. What I hope to do with it in regards to programs and positions is to make them less redundant and therefore more efficient.

The Administration Director of the New User Membership Program and the Special Advisory Panelist for User Outreach and New User Affairs will be combined into the Head Admistrator for User Outreach and Mentorship Program

The Special Advisory Panelist for Community Affairs, the Special Advisory Panelist for Forums and Polls Issues, and the Administration Director for the Bi-weekly Topics Program will be combined into the Promoter for Community and Forum Affairs.

The Special Advisory Panelist for Debating and Voting Issues and the Administration Director for Tournament Affairs will be combined into the Head Advisor for Tournament and Debating and Voting Issues.

The Special Advisory Panelist for Wiki Affairs will be removed. My reason for this removal was that I am the head moderator for the Wiki, and attempts to enhance the Wiki through the administration mostly failed, and I find public promotion of the Wiki to be a better way to get volunteerism flowing amongst members for this particular instance.

Duties of Administration Positions

Head Admistrator for User Outreach and Mentorship Programs - this will be a position that Hayd holds as chief of staff. He will help me to run the programs and help to maintain and hopefully expand the volunteerism for them.

Promoter for Community and Forum Affairs - this person will pretty much be what the name implies. They will promote activities on the forums and on G+ (such as Jeopardy! games) - whether my administration were to run them or any regular member. I will also promote such things in my Presidential updates (more on that later), but given results from polls on the matter - the generalized outreach of Presidential updates do not succeed in promoting things as much as we would expect.

Head Advisor for Tournament and Debating and Voting Issues - one of my weaknesses as a member is that I'm not really amazing at voting as much as I think people should. Beyond our forums community building, we should always keep in mind the roots of why we are here. It is a general goal of my administration to enhance the community in regards to these three things - that includes running a tournaments from the administration, promoting the user-run tournaments, making the beginner's tournaments better in regards to noob experience and teaching, trying to help the DDOCL expand, using the mentorship program for helping noobs become better debaters and voters, and promoting private voter groups. Whatever I think will help the community in debating and voting - I will do, and I hope to have someone more established than me to help with said issues.

List of Community-Centric Programs in a Harder Administration

New User Outreach
New User Mentorship

For information on the pilot programs for the above, see here: http://www.debate.org.... While they are continuations of sorts, I am changing the programs and I voters should be aware of what I'm planning.

Community Leadership Program - "This program will be composed of established members who are willing to, at times, give advice to members in conflict or to directly help work out issues. A problem I often see is people not even trying to end their beefs with other members. With this program, I hope to see more members solve interpersonal issues so they can get back to what makes this site enjoyable." (http://www.debate.org...) This program is new, and is not a continuation of a program currently running.

OP of the Month - this program will continue as it is currently run.

Bi-Weekly topics - this program will be re-instated.

Forum Presidential Updates - I will use these for promotion for things throughout the site, and while there isn't much to change - one thing I feel is a problem with Bsh's updates is that they were mostly a structured list of debates and threads and sometimes activities, which may have led to people expecting the same thing each time he posted one and paying less attention. I want my updates to be a bit more personal on my experiences and the successes and failures of administration action, and make it a place for public discussion on policies and programs.

Other Programs

While these are all of the programs I plan on running at this time, I am always thinking of ways to improve and may introduce more new programs as time goes on.

Bsh1's Effect on a Harder Administration

As the outgoing President, the first person to write an endorsement thread for me, and as a friend of mine, I think it is worth addressing Bsh1 and what role he will have with my administration. The answer to that issue is that his involvement with my administration is entirely up to him. He does not have any formal role. I hope that all members volunteer to help me in some way, and the same applies to Bsh1. I value the experience he has as the outgoing President, but his involvement is entirely up to him.

Notes from the Campaign Trail

In JMK's public poll, I finished in second to DK in votes (52 were cast in total), and the margin was only two.

1st place: DK/TUF with 18 votes and 34.62%
2nd place: 1harder/solon/hayd with 16 votes and 30.72%
3rd place: imabench with 10 votes and 19.23%
4th place: Geogeer with 6 votes and 19.23%
5th place: None of the above with 2 votes or 3.85%

This is a solid improvement over my numbers in earlier polls - so I was pretty happy with this.

---

I've been offered a position by Skepsikyma to be Co-Under VP in the 7th/Skep ticket. If 7th/Skep wins the election, I will accept this position.

---

This poll was made for those who watched the IDGAF I did with Solon, DK, And TUF.

https://www.surveymonkey.com...

If you've watched the debate, then you should vote on the above.

---

More debates in the near future are currently in the works. I will be debating Geogeer and DK tomorrow. The Axolotl God Emperor will be moderating, and the tentative start is 9:30 PM Central American time.

Imabench and I are currently hammering out a debate for next week.

---

I will be posting a campaign AMA thread soon. I will post it in the personal forum - probably tomorrow.

---

That's all I want to say at this time - this was really a clarifying thread for what I think ought to be addressed. Leave your comments, questions, and suggestions - and have a good day.

~Harder
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 9:07:53 PM
At 6/2/2016 8:45:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Hello, DDO. This is the third installment of my platform series of threads. Given the recent issues some voters and myself have taken with DK's platform in regards to what will happen to Bsh's programs, I will be making a thread to give a clear view of what I will do with the previous administration's work.

The following have been positions in the Advisory Panel in the Bsh1 admministration:

Just for clarification:

You have listed 8 positions not including the Presidency and Vice Presidency themselves that made up Bsh's administration for a total administration of 10 people....

How many cabinet positions of the sort listed above, NOT including the Prez and VP roles, would be in YOUR administration if elected?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 9:45:56 PM
At 6/2/2016 9:07:53 PM, imabench wrote:

Just for clarification:

You have listed 8 positions not including the Presidency and Vice Presidency themselves that made up Bsh's administration for a total administration of 10 people....

He also had some general advisors - but the number varied.

How many cabinet positions of the sort listed above, NOT including the Prez and VP roles, would be in YOUR administration if elected?

3. That's not-so-explicitly answered in the thread. Hayd is Chief of Staff and also the role first listed, and the other two will be assigned to who I view the most qualified volunteer if I'm elected.

There will ultimately be more people in my community advisory panel. For example, Saph runs beginner's mafia, so I will invite her to be a part of the panel so my administration can better connect with the mafia community. So the non me/Solon number will be greater than three in the panel, but the I'm shrinking the positions to 3.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:31:31 AM
I like that you are clarifying some of your platform here, but do you think that it's worth losing DDO minarchists to Bench by unrolling such a large cabinet?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:48:11 AM
At 6/3/2016 1:31:31 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I like that you are clarifying some of your platform here, but do you think that it's worth losing DDO minarchists to Bench by unrolling such a large cabinet?

3 cabinet positions is large?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:54:15 AM
At 6/3/2016 1:48:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

No, but all of these hats people will have to wear.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:54:53 AM
Let's be clear. There are three cabinet positions in a Harder administration:

Head Administrator for User Outreach and Mentorship Program - Hayd
Promoter for Community and Forum Affairs
Head Advisor for Tournament and Debating and Voting Issues

^ Those are the "official" cabinet positions I'll have if elected.

And these are the programs as of now:

Major:

New User Outreach
New User Mentorship
Community Leadership Program

Minor:

OP of the Month
Bi-Weekly Topics
Presidential Updates

---

So there will be, at minimum, 5 people in the community panel, and there will be at least 6 programs run.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:58:28 AM
At 6/3/2016 1:54:15 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 1:48:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

No, but all of these hats people will have to wear.

Eh. They're not really "running" anything major except for Hayd (and that's alongside me). One is mostly a town crier (and I've considered just having Solon fill the role due to his connection to the community), and one is an adviser.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:39:34 PM
At 6/3/2016 1:54:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Major:

New User Outreach
New User Mentorship

Minor:

OP of the Month
Bi-Weekly Topics
Presidential Updates

---

So there will be, at minimum, 5 people in the community panel, and there will be at least 6 programs run.

Last question cause becuase Im still a little confused..... You said before that (in addition to Prez and VP) there will be 3 "official" cabinet positions. Is the 'community panel' thing of at least 5 members in addition to the 3 official cabinet positions already listed? Cause if so, then the Prez + VP + 3 cabinet positions + 5 people in the community panel adds up to just as much people in your administration as there are in Bsh's
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:41:56 PM
So question these cabinet members and community members how are they going to be chosen?
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:44:18 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:39:34 PM, imabench wrote:

Major:

New User Outreach
New User Mentorship

Minor:

OP of the Month
Bi-Weekly Topics
Presidential Updates

---

Last question *because* Im still a little confused..... You said before that (in addition to Prez and VP) there will be 3 "official" cabinet positions. Is the 'community panel' thing of at least 5 members in addition to the 3 official cabinet positions already listed? Cause if so, then the Prez + VP + 3 cabinet positions + 5 people in the community panel adds up to just as much people in your administration as there are in Bsh's

fixed

ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:48:36 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:44:18 PM, imabench wrote:

Major:

New User Outreach
New User Mentorship

Minor:

OP of the Month
Bi-Weekly Topics
Presidential Updates

---

Last question *because* Im still a little confused..... You said before that (in addition to Prez and VP) there will be 3 "official" cabinet positions. Is the 'community panel' thing of at least 5 members in addition to the 3 official cabinet positions already listed? Cause if so, then the Prez + VP + 3 cabinet positions + 5 people in the community panel adds up to just as much people in your administration as there are in Bsh's

fixed

Bench I swear if you overtake me again on the most recent post thing so help me...

In all seriousness though what role will these cabinet members and community members fill if you do get elected president?
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:49:44 PM

Major:

New User Outreach
New User Mentorship

Minor:

OP of the Month
Bi-Weekly Topics
Presidential Updates

---

Last question cause because Im still a little confused..... You said before that (in addition to Prez and VP) there will be 3 "official" cabinet positions. Is the 'community panel' thing of at least 5 members in addition to the 3 official cabinet positions already listed? Cause if so, then the Prez + VP + 3 cabinet positions + 5 people in the community panel adds up to just as much people in your administration as there are in Bsh's

No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:53:02 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:49:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Major:

New User Outreach
New User Mentorship

Minor:

OP of the Month
Bi-Weekly Topics
Presidential Updates

---

Last question cause because Im still a little confused..... You said before that (in addition to Prez and VP) there will be 3 "official" cabinet positions. Is the 'community panel' thing of at least 5 members in addition to the 3 official cabinet positions already listed? Cause if so, then the Prez + VP + 3 cabinet positions + 5 people in the community panel adds up to just as much people in your administration as there are in Bsh's

No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

OH I think i get it..... Sorta..... So the 'community panel' of 5 people refers to your administration then, and isnt some additional 'unofficial' part of your administration

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:54:22 PM
Im running on 4 hours of sleep I apologize if im not making the connection here XD

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:57:14 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:53:02 PM, imabench wrote:
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

OH I think i get it..... Sorta..... So the 'community panel' of 5 people refers to your administration then, and isnt some additional 'unofficial' part of your administration

Yeah - it's 5 at the least. There might be some advisers - but the rest of my administration will mostly be open.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:57:57 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:54:22 PM, imabench wrote:
Im running on 4 hours of sleep I apologize if im not making the connection here XD

I slept an hour and a half.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:01:45 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:57:14 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

Yeah - it's 5 at the least. There might be some advisers - but the rest of my administration will mostly be open.

5 at the least. Got it.

What would be the 'at the most' number?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:03:42 PM
At 6/3/2016 10:01:45 PM, imabench wrote:
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

5 at the least. Got it.

Depends.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:09:35 PM
At 6/3/2016 10:03:42 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

5 at the least. Got it.

Depends.

Depends on what?.... If Vice Presidents barely play a role on the site, then the number of 'advisors' a President would need to govern the site would be zero at best, and minimal at worst.

Lets say I say drop out of the race and my endorsement goes to whichever candidate will keep the Presidential Administration the smallest...... What is the absolute maximum number of people you would hire as advisors if you were president, under ANY situation?

(Someone get DK in here I want to ask him the same question actually)

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:15:27 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:41:56 PM, ballpit wrote:
So question these cabinet members and community members how are they going to be chosen?

Bump. Sorry for burying your question <3

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:36:11 PM
At 6/3/2016 10:09:35 PM, imabench wrote:
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

5 at the least. Got it.

Depends.

Depends on what?.... If Vice Presidents barely play a role on the site, then the number of 'advisors' a President would need to govern the site would be zero at best, and minimal at worst.

It depends on whether Saph (beginner's mafia mod) and Bsh (outgoing President) accept their standing offers to be advisers. I might also just give the duties of the promoter position to Solon. There are a few factors that will shrink or expand the group.

Lets say I say drop out of the race and my endorsement goes to whichever candidate will keep the Presidential Administration the smallest...... What is the absolute maximum number of people you would hire as advisors if you were president, under ANY situation?

The absolute max is 9, if Bsh and Saph join. If they don't, it's 7. And if I end up killing the promoter position and just have Solon do it, then it's 8 or 6. I don't need a lot of advisers, since I plan on being pretty open in my administration's work.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:37:26 PM

Sorry for missing this.

I will ask who I think will help me most. That will be based on their experience, site standing, etc.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:39:31 PM
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

5 at the least. Got it.

Depends.

1 'adviser'... As far as I'm concerned, everyone serves (or can serve) to critize/advise the President. The one adviser is meant to advise and be critical of every member and their ideas in the adminsitration, not just me... And the guy i personally have in mind is an Abolitionist who is against large administrations.

The administration starts at 3 members, already including the VP (who does serve a large role as Administration leader). It will probably never go past 6 members (assuming no major reform issue has more than 3 sides.) and those 3 'elected members only serve the role of keeping the President focused on the concerns of all sides, and helping direct the conversation for Airmax. They then leave, and we go back to 3 members.

I'm not saying the site can't, on their own, elect a 4th permant member, but that'd be on them, not me.

So minimal- 3
Maximum - depends, but I'd say 6.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:42:28 PM
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

5 at the least. Got it.

Depends.

I actually misread. The 9 or 7 and 8 or 6 thing includes me, Solon, and cabinet positions.

So pure advisers is 2, not including Bsh and Saph.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:46:57 PM
At 6/3/2016 10:36:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

5 at the least. Got it.

Depends.

It depends on whether Saph (beginner's mafia mod) and Bsh (outgoing President) accept their standing offers to be advisers. I might also just give the duties of the promoter position to Solon. There are a few factors that will shrink or expand the group.

The absolute max is 9, if Bsh and Saph join. If they don't, it's 7. And if I end up killing the promoter position and just have Solon do it, then it's 8 or 6. I don't need a lot of advisers, since I plan on being pretty open in my administration's work.

Okay, 5 to 9 max, got it.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:50:00 PM
At 6/3/2016 10:39:31 PM, donald.keller wrote:
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

5 at the least. Got it.

Depends.

1 'adviser'... As far as I'm concerned, everyone serves (or can serve) to critize/advise the President. The one adviser is meant to advise and be critical of every member and their ideas in the adminsitration, not just me... And the guy i personally have in mind is an Abolitionist who is against large administrations.

The administration starts at 3 members, already including the VP (who does serve a large role as Administration leader). It will probably never go past 6 members (assuming no major reform issue has more than 3 sides.) and those 3 'elected members only serve the role of keeping the President focused on the concerns of all sides, and helping direct the conversation for Airmax. They then leave, and we go back to 3 members.

I'm not saying the site can't, on their own, elect a 4th permant member, but that'd be on them, not me.

So minimal- 3

Is that including or not including members who run programs on their own 'with presidential support'?

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:59:43 PM
At 6/3/2016 10:50:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 6/3/2016 10:39:31 PM, donald.keller wrote:
No, it's Pres+VP+3=5.

5 at the least. Got it.

Depends.

So minimal- 3

Is that including or not including members who run programs on their own 'with presidential support'?

No, but members running their own programs privately, with only the endorsement and some aid from the presidency, aren't in the administration in any way. They are seperate people, doing their own thing on their own terms. That would be like Bsh endorsing IDGAF, and now Mikal is apart of his administration... Or saying the CEO of Planned Parenthood is a member of Obama's cabinet.

One of our goals is to focus more on helping out privately ran pprograms, instead of making a large administration to run the programs publically. Large administrations with many programs get bogged down and the volunteers don't care as much.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 11:08:21 PM
At 6/3/2016 10:15:27 PM, imabench wrote:

Bump. Sorry for burying your question <3

We will throw hand eventually with our words sir.
Before you do anything:
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 8:27:24 AM
I've been offered a position by Skepsikyma to be Co-Under VP in the 7th/Skep ticket. If 7th/Skep wins the election, I will accept this position.

lol
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass