Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Current Debate.org Owner: Good/Bad?

timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:44:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What is the general opinion on this website about the owner of Debate.org?

Being a new member I would just like to know what people feel about this guy/doll?

I know this website is changing hands...Good thing? What things should be changed?
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:49:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 5:44:01 PM, timbeech wrote:
What is the general opinion on this website about the owner of Debate.org?

Being a new member I would just like to know what people feel about this guy/doll?

I know this website is changing hands...Good thing? What things should be changed?

Lol its you. You dont have to play coi. You joined 34 minutes ago and you already know of the new owner? Nice try though. We're kinda smart here.
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:50:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 5:50:06 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
lol I was about to post Joined:34 Minutes Ago?

My point. This fellas is the new owner I betya.
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:51:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 5:44:01 PM, timbeech wrote:
What is the general opinion on this website about the owner of Debate.org?

Being a new member I would just like to know what people feel about this guy/doll?

I know this website is changing hands...Good thing? What things should be changed?

28 Yearold from Wilmington, Delaware on DDO profile.

websitemania's profile on the buying website: 28 year old male from Delaware.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:51:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 5:44:01 PM, timbeech wrote:
What is the general opinion on this website about the owner of Debate.org?

Being a new member I would just like to know what people feel about this guy/doll?

I know this website is changing hands...Good thing? What things should be changed?

First of all, welcome!

I'm quite new as well, but from what I've seen, Phil has/had a whole bunch of projects going at the same time, so he clearly couldn't put the ongoing time into this site that it frankly deserves.

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to confirm your account and thus vote for the debates expanded to allow non-US members to participate.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:52:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 5:49:24 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
At 12/12/2010 5:44:01 PM, timbeech wrote:
What is the general opinion on this website about the owner of Debate.org?

Being a new member I would just like to know what people feel about this guy/doll?

I know this website is changing hands...Good thing? What things should be changed?

Lol its you. You dont have to play coi. You joined 34 minutes ago and you already know of the new owner? Nice try though. We're kinda smart here.

Oh, I thought you were implying it was Askbob...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:53:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 5:52:12 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 12/12/2010 5:49:24 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
At 12/12/2010 5:44:01 PM, timbeech wrote:
What is the general opinion on this website about the owner of Debate.org?

Being a new member I would just like to know what people feel about this guy/doll?

I know this website is changing hands...Good thing? What things should be changed?

Lol its you. You dont have to play coi. You joined 34 minutes ago and you already know of the new owner? Nice try though. We're kinda smart here.

Oh, I thought you were implying it was Askbob...

Lol! This.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:58:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 5:44:01 PM, timbeech wrote:
I know this website is changing hands...Good thing? What things should be changed?

We have a thread dedicated to this very topic: http://www.debate.org...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:01:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lulz. It's kind of easy to infer that he is the potential owner of this site.

I don't think askbob would phrase questions like this.

Plus, askbob knows good and well what's going on. He'd start an anti-Phil thread rather than a questionnaire.

Anyway, potential owner, we ask you to keep this site the way it is with several important alterations.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:07:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:01:47 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Lulz. It's kind of easy to infer that he is the potential owner of this site.

I don't think askbob would phrase questions like this.

I agree it's the new owner, but seriously, it took you months to figure out JohnGriswald was askbob...

Plus, askbob knows good and well what's going on. He'd start an anti-Phil thread rather than a questionnaire.

Or create an open ended discussion thread, then turn it into an anti-Phil rant...

Anyway, potential owner, we ask you to keep this site the way it is with several important alterations.

Also, reinstate askbob, please.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:11:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:07:01 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 12/12/2010 6:01:47 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Lulz. It's kind of easy to infer that he is the potential owner of this site.

I don't think askbob would phrase questions like this.

I agree it's the new owner, but seriously, it took you months to figure out JohnGriswald was askbob...

Honestly, I really did feel that he was askbob within the first couple of days, but I just wanted to make sure. I really liked reading what scissors had to say in debates, and I knew that askbob was scissors, so I wanted to know for sure ;)

Plus, askbob knows good and well what's going on. He'd start an anti-Phil thread rather than a questionnaire.

Or create an open ended discussion thread, then turn it into an anti-Phil rant...

Anyway, potential owner, we ask you to keep this site the way it is with several important alterations.

Also, reinstate askbob, please.

Agreed.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:14:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:11:38 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/12/2010 6:07:01 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 12/12/2010 6:01:47 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Lulz. It's kind of easy to infer that he is the potential owner of this site.

I don't think askbob would phrase questions like this.

I agree it's the new owner, but seriously, it took you months to figure out JohnGriswald was askbob...

Honestly, I really did feel that he was askbob within the first couple of days, but I just wanted to make sure. I really liked reading what scissors had to say in debates, and I knew that askbob was scissors, so I wanted to know for sure ;)

Plus, askbob knows good and well what's going on. He'd start an anti-Phil thread rather than a questionnaire.

Or create an open ended discussion thread, then turn it into an anti-Phil rant...

Anyway, potential owner, we ask you to keep this site the way it is with several important alterations.

Also, reinstate askbob, please.

Agreed.

Who is askbob?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:18:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm just going to laugh if it turns out that this guy is askbob and he tricked all of you into believing that he's the new owner. But welcome, member of unclear familiarity with this site.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:20:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:18:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm just going to laugh if it turns out that this guy is askbob and he tricked all of you into believing that he's the new owner. But welcome, member of unclear familiarity with this site.

Again who is askbob?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:22:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:20:33 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 12/12/2010 6:18:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm just going to laugh if it turns out that this guy is askbob and he tricked all of you into believing that he's the new owner. But welcome, member of unclear familiarity with this site.

Again who is askbob?

The unholy, public-figure-making filth bringer.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:25:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:20:33 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 12/12/2010 6:18:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm just going to laugh if it turns out that this guy is askbob and he tricked all of you into believing that he's the new owner. But welcome, member of unclear familiarity with this site.

Again who is askbob?

The King of Trolling, Master of Photo Editing/Creating, Wizard of Insults and Genius Extraordinare. Watch out - he preys on n00bs.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:29:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:18:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm just going to laugh if it turns out that this guy is askbob and he tricked all of you into believing that he's the new owner. But welcome, member of unclear familiarity with this site.

LULZ!!!!!! I didin't take that into account!

You know what: I bet the person who holds the account is either a potential owner, askbob, or someone else. Did I cover it?
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:31:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would like the _hanson911 to be taken off my username so it's just Alex. Please sir!
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:33:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:29:15 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/12/2010 6:18:05 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm just going to laugh if it turns out that this guy is askbob and he tricked all of you into believing that he's the new owner. But welcome, member of unclear familiarity with this site.

LULZ!!!!!! I didin't take that into account!

You know what: I bet the person who holds the account is either a potential owner, askbob, or someone else. Did I cover it?

could be you...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:34:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:31:32 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
I would like the _hanson911 to be taken off my username so it's just Alex. Please sir!

Speaking of, there should be an option to edit your username. I don't like mine anymore.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:46:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:45:41 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Oh hey look. Our ownership went from Tea Party to Socialist.

At least he's pro legalization.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:47:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:34:11 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/12/2010 6:31:32 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
I would like the _hanson911 to be taken off my username so it's just Alex. Please sir!
Speaking of, there should be an option to edit your username. I don't like mine anymore.

This is impractical if the forums are set up the way I think they are.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:47:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let me stop this at the bud before this gets too big...

Who I am:

My name is Jason and I am from Pennsylvania. I am roommates with askbob.

Why I posted:

askbob was called by Phil who was threatening to sue askbob. I suggested to askbob earlier tonight that I make an account to act on his behalf. He was against this idea and told me not to do it. I proceeded to create an account using a new gmail account and a new profile. I posted the question to find out about the owner Phil. I was curious. I told askbob about the thread and he is currently very angry at me. He insisted that I clarify things on his behalf.

For Skeptics Who Think I Am askbob:
If the above is in anyway not convincing enough search Jason Philip Albert on facebook. I have Charmander on my profile picture in honor of Pokemon in your Profile Picture month. Thanks

Phil:

You can contact me through my facebook if you want to get in touch with me about this. Thanks

To the Debate.org community:

I am sorry. I wanted to help a friend and failed. Happy Holidays and don't hesitate to contact me.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:52:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think most of the attention was turned to the overwhelming evidence that the OP was the new owner.

Phil's a good guy, imo. The membership dislikes his enforcement of the Terms of Service, especially in the case of Askbob. He also doesn't have enough time to dedicate to the site, so all he ever comes along to do is ban and censor.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 7:32:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:52:13 PM, wjmelements wrote:
He also doesn't have enough time to dedicate to the site, so all he ever comes along to do is ban and censor.

He did fix the Voting Tab, though.
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 7:42:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:47:20 PM, timbeech wrote:
Let me stop this at the bud before this gets too big...

Who I am:

My name is Jason and I am from Pennsylvania. I am roommates with askbob.

Why I posted:

askbob was called by Phil who was threatening to sue askbob. I suggested to askbob earlier tonight that I make an account to act on his behalf. He was against this idea and told me not to do it. I proceeded to create an account using a new gmail account and a new profile. I posted the question to find out about the owner Phil. I was curious. I told askbob about the thread and he is currently very angry at me. He insisted that I clarify things on his behalf.

For Skeptics Who Think I Am askbob:
If the above is in anyway not convincing enough search Jason Philip Albert on facebook. I have Charmander on my profile picture in honor of Pokemon in your Profile Picture month. Thanks

Phil:

You can contact me through my facebook if you want to get in touch with me about this. Thanks

To the Debate.org community:

I am sorry. I wanted to help a friend and failed. Happy Holidays and don't hesitate to contact me.

Banhammer in 3...2...1...
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 7:54:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 7:35:27 PM, darkkermit wrote:
lol at Phil calling askbob and threatening to sue even though he will no longer be the owner. :P.

That happened many months ago before askbob left the site.