Jump to topic:

How to temporary leave DDO?

NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 3:25:25 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I need to get away from DDO for a while. I've seen other members do this by deactivating their accounts and reactivating it when they return. I have very little self control so I feel that this is the best course of action.

The question is, how do I do it?
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 3:26:01 AM
At 6/6/2016 3:25:25 AM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:
I need to get away from DDO for a while. I've seen other members do this by deactivating their accounts and reactivating it when they return. I have very little self control so I feel that this is the best course of action.

Account settings on the bottom of the page.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ContraDictator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:24:24 AM

Ignore the deactivation method, this is a foolproof way of doing what you want to do:
1) mash your keyboard in the URL bar and cut, not copy, the string of text
2) change your password on here and paste the text into the password and confirm password slots, save changes
3) http://www.lettermelater.com... sign up and send an email to yourself to be delivered at a later date/time with the password (paste it in)
4) mash your keyboard in the URL bar, change your password on lettermelater to this using the same method.
5) copy anything at all that's not your random keystring fast and close your browser
I tend to fight any opinion, regardless of my agreement or disagreement to it. I believe to only fight opinions that you disagree with is a sign of a weak and rigid state of mind.
ContraDictator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:25:25 AM

don't use the 'forgot your password' escape route, in the end you do need a degree of self control.
I tend to fight any opinion, regardless of my agreement or disagreement to it. I believe to only fight opinions that you disagree with is a sign of a weak and rigid state of mind.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 2:43:04 PM
At 6/6/2016 8:24:24 AM, ContraDictator wrote:

Ignore the deactivation method, this is a foolproof way of doing what you want to do:
1) mash your keyboard in the URL bar and cut, not copy, the string of text
2) change your password on here and paste the text into the password and confirm password slots, save changes
3) http://www.lettermelater.com... sign up and send an email to yourself to be delivered at a later date/time with the password (paste it in)
Oooh la la
4) mash your keyboard in the URL bar, change your password on lettermelater to this using the same method.
5) copy anything at all that's not your random keystring fast and close your browser
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 2:51:49 PM

Go to account settings. Click deactivate your account. To return, just sign in, and your account is automatically reactivated.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 9:27:32 PM
How to temporary leave DDO? Don't log in
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 12:48:13 AM

Start a thread on the main forum detailing how much the site sucks, everyone here is lame for various reasons, and how you'll never be back... that should buy you a week or two.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 5:28:57 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/6/2016 9:27:32 PM, sadolite wrote:

Sadolite with the blunt truth
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 8:51:24 PM
By having self restraint.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 9:07:14 PM
At 6/8/2016 5:28:57 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 6/6/2016 9:27:32 PM, sadolite wrote:

Sadolite with the blunt truth

The world and life are not complicated. What's complicated are people who can't believe it's that simple.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%