Jump to topic:

Ownership Change - Official Thread

RyanN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:07:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My name is Ryan Noble. I am co-founder and President of Juggle, LLC, the company acquiring Debate.org from Phil. While we had not planned to officially "announce" this acquisition until the middle of this week, while reading the posts on the forum this evening, it became clear that we needed to provide clarity regarding our identity and our intentions.

First, we purchased debate.org in order to improve upon the foundation that Phil has worked so hard to build. We intend to keep the site and the community focused on debating issues with an improved feature set prioritized using the community's feedback. I assure you Debate.org will not become a digital billboard plastered with all forms of advertising.

In order to clarify our intentions, let me give you a bit of background information about our company. Our primary website is Juggle.com, a topic based reference resource covering thousands of people, places and things. One popular, yet primitive, feature of the site enables users to post "opinions" on popular issues.

With a goal of expanding this offering over the coming months, we began a search for the best debate websites on the internet. We came across and were instantly impressed by Debate.org. After learning that Debate.org was for sale, we performed due diligence and learned that Debate.org was an excellent fit for Juggle.

Given that the community is the most valuable asset of Debate.org, we will not take a "know it all", broad brush stroke approach to maintaining this community. To do so would be as arrogant as it would be foolish… the equivalent of setting hard currency on fire.

Later this week we will formally announce the acquisition and take control of the website. Our first goal is to make a smooth transition with minimal service disruption. We will communicate the date and time of the transition via the forums. We expect downtime to be less than an hour.

Shortly after the transition is complete, our team will begin soliciting feedback from you about likes, dislikes, and existing pain points within the debate platform. In addition we will ask for suggestions about specific features to add and/or improve. Assuming the community actively participates in the process, we will then have the knowledge required to piece together two initiatives – a list of "quick win" modification requests as well as a comprehensive, longer-term, user-driven roadmap.

I am confident in the Juggle team's ability to deliver first class platform improvements and transparent communication. I believe you will come to share my confidence in the Juggle team. I will happily respond to questions, concerns and ideas within the DDO forum or feel free to PM me privately as well. I will respond to all messages.

Thank you!

Ryan

Information about Juggle.com >> http://www.juggle.com...

Information about Juggle's CEO, Stephanie Leffler >> http://www.juggle.com...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:15:55 PM
Thanks for the info Ryan. It all sounds very promising.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:22:14 PM
This is fantastic. Finally, someone who will pay attention to the users.

I greet you with open arms to the site.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:24:02 PM
This is good to hear.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:39:44 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:22:14 PM, FREEDO wrote:

When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:41:49 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:39:44 PM, Korashk wrote:

I know right.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:42:46 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:41:49 PM, jharry wrote:
At 12/12/2010 9:39:44 PM, Korashk wrote:

I know right.

I bet ya a dollar he is the first to friend him.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:43:38 PM
Thanks for the clarification - as you can see, we don't do well with suspense. Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We're an eclectic bunch but we do get along -- within reason -- and have the uniting goal to keep this site going strong, so any update(s) would be greatly appreciated.

(P.S. We agree on 100% of the Big Issues so you've won my respect so far!) :D
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:46:10 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:43:38 PM, annhasle wrote:
Thanks for the clarification - as you can see, we don't do well with suspense. Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We're an eclectic bunch but we do get along -- within reason -- and have the uniting goal to keep this site going strong, so any update(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Or maybe it will be ann. Any body got a dollar they want to lose??
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:48:53 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:46:10 PM, jharry wrote:

You know what, back off. I can't be nice to our new owner? Jeez... Where's your Southern hospitality?!
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:49:44 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:48:53 PM, annhasle wrote:

You know what, back off. I can't be nice to our new owner? Jeez... Where's your Southern hospitality?!

It was a joke darling. Calm down.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:52:20 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:49:44 PM, jharry wrote:

Okay, old man. ^_^
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:52:45 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:07:36 PM, RyanN wrote:
blahblahblah
You can start by appointing a moderation team to get rid of the cancer that is killing DDO:
-askbob
-panda
-whoever else...(i could list, but I know less about their activities than the above)
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:54:53 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:52:45 PM, juvanya wrote:
blahblahblah
You can start by appointing a moderation team to get rid of the cancer that is killing DDO:
-askbob
-panda
-whoever else...(i could list, but I know less about their activities than the above)

1. You're barely ever even on this site, and now that INH is gone, you'll be here even less.

2. Stop posting on behalf of INH. You're enabling her addiction.

3. If we held a vote to decide who gets to stay, askbob or you, it would be askbob in a landslide.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:54:55 PM
blahblahblah
-askbob
-panda

Panda doesn't deserve to be banned.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:56:40 PM
blahblahblah
-askbob
-panda

I WOULD NOT recommend any member moderators. This site is way to controversial as it is. Unless you want it o turn into a cheap 4chan or yickyak.com
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:59:43 PM
At 12/12/2010 9:52:20 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 12/12/2010 9:49:44 PM, jharry wrote:

Okay, old man. ^_^

Ahhhh, you didn't crawl me for calling you darling.
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 6:08:30 AM
This makes me very excited. This can be the coming of a new era for debate.org. As long as the site doesn't suddenly become mobbed with people and everything im content. I would like the veterans on this site to become forum moderators to ensure that the old ways are somewhat kept. I would hate to be just drowned out by new people even though ive been here for about two years. (newgrounds damn you)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 6:49:16 AM
At 12/13/2010 6:08:30 AM, usafkid1121 wrote:
This makes me very excited. This can be the coming of a new era for debate.org. As long as the site doesn't suddenly become mobbed with people and everything im content. I would like the veterans on this site to become forum moderators to ensure that the old ways are somewhat kept. I would hate to be just drowned out by new people even though ive been here for about two years. (newgrounds damn you)

Then we would most likely have -ssholes who ban everyone they disagree with, or don't give any new members a chance.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 7:11:29 AM
Keep an open mind. If there are any changes, i am guessing they will be subtle, or gradual. There will never be a site that will be perfect for everyone, so i think we should wait and see. I don't like the idea of moderators, i think we do a good job of self-moderating; i'm guessing there is someone we all know who has already started to lobby for site moderators.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 7:32:15 AM
On behalf of the DDO community who has already given you a warm welcome, I warmly welcome you.

Thanks for the official update, and we all look forward to working and cooperating with you, as well as Juggle.

PS Please ignore juvanya.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 10:37:45 AM
I agree with the sentiments of pretty much everyone in this thread so far, bar Juvanya. Any issues you need clarifying I'd be more than happy to help with, along with any other member who is a regular and has been here for a year+. It'd be worth your while to read some of the recent threads in this forum.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.