Jump to topic:

Debate.org 2010 Election Results

ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:05:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
All of the credit to the incredible organization of this election goes to OreEle. Thanks so much.

Now on to the results:

This election was a nail-biter all the way until the end. At first, Innomen with the Independent Party soared ahead of the Freedom and Party Parties by double digits. FREEDO, realizing his imminent defeat dropped out of the competition. However, all of FREEDO's previous supporters switched mainly to Cody_Franklin of the Freedom Party. The vote kept going back and forth, 29:29, 30:30, 31:31, until...a last minute surge of votes came in.

Ladies and Gentleman, the next President of Debate.org:

CODY_FRANKLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final Results:
FREEDOM: 37
LaissezFaire
Cody_Franklin
Sobriquet
Korashk
annhasle
J.Kenyon
losedotexe
wjmelements
I-am-a-panda
mongeese
Ragnar_Rahl
tvellalott
Koopin
Freedo
Freeman
m93samman
GeoLaureate8
Aesius
studentathletechristian8
JuicyBabe13
rogue
djsherin
lovelife
Xenith967
Sieben
TulleKrazy
darkkermit
Nags
Hound
Octavius
Reasoning
THE_TRAITOR
SRW
Rocky Lightning
xxdarkxx
webos
mongoose
-----------
INNOMEN: 32
Volkov
Innomen
ALVARADO
usafkid1121
gavin.ogden
theLwerd
mattrodstrom
Johnicle
Zetsubou
blackhawk1331
vardas0antras
jharry
darnocs1
popculturepooka
jimvansage
Ren
Saint.James
twsurber
MikeLoviN
tornshoe92
Hislife
Superboy777
Marauder
JBlake
Caramel
wolverine.ks
AFT
comoncents
Mirza
OreEle
BigMac
ethopia619
============

Some say there was corruption, others say deception. I say politics occurred here, and in the end, we are still one big community.

Thanks again to OreEle for the organization and everything.

Cody_Franklin, the time has come to choose a cabinet and a VP. :)
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:07:11 PM
At 12/13/2010 9:05:01 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
All of the credit to the incredible organization of this election goes to OreEle. Thanks so much.

Now on to the results:

This election was a nail-biter all the way until the end. At first, Innomen with the Independent Party soared ahead of the Freedom and Party Parties by double digits. FREEDO, realizing his imminent defeat dropped out of the competition. However, all of FREEDO's previous supporters switched mainly to Cody_Franklin of the Freedom Party. The vote kept going back and forth, 29:29, 30:30, 31:31, until...a last minute surge of votes came in.

Ladies and Gentleman, the next President of Debate.org:

CODY_FRANKLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final Results:
FREEDOM: 37
LaissezFaire
Cody_Franklin
Sobriquet
Korashk
annhasle
J.Kenyon
losedotexe
wjmelements
I-am-a-panda
mongeese
Ragnar_Rahl
tvellalott
Koopin
Freedo
Freeman
m93samman
GeoLaureate8
Aesius
studentathletechristian8
JuicyBabe13
rogue
djsherin
lovelife
Xenith967
Sieben
TulleKrazy
darkkermit
Nags
Hound
Octavius
Reasoning
THE_TRAITOR
SRW
Rocky Lightning
xxdarkxx
webos
mongoose
-----------
INNOMEN: 32
Volkov
Innomen
ALVARADO
usafkid1121
gavin.ogden
theLwerd
mattrodstrom
Johnicle
Zetsubou
blackhawk1331
vardas0antras
jharry
darnocs1
popculturepooka
jimvansage
Ren
Saint.James
twsurber
MikeLoviN
tornshoe92
Hislife
Superboy777
Marauder
JBlake
Caramel
wolverine.ks
AFT
comoncents
Mirza
OreEle
BigMac
ethopia619
============

Some say there was corruption, others say deception. I say politics occurred here, and in the end, we are still one big community.

Thanks again to OreEle for the organization and everything.

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:07:40 PM
At 12/13/2010 9:05:01 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:

I'm a qualified Cabinet Maker, so I can help! (Also, I think annhasle is VP)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:09:29 PM
At 12/13/2010 9:07:11 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:

FREEDO, realizing his imminent defeat dropped out of the competition. However, all of FREEDO's previous supporters switched mainly to Cody_Franklin of the Freedom Party.

This is wrong, I suggested in the PM that we get innomen back for his mole (you) and dirty politics by voting for Cody. We asked him to drop and he did, so we could get cody to win.
kfc
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:10:20 PM
At 12/13/2010 9:09:29 PM, Koopin wrote:

FREEDO, realizing his imminent defeat dropped out of the competition. However, all of FREEDO's previous supporters switched mainly to Cody_Franklin of the Freedom Party.

This is wrong, I suggested in the PM that we get innomen back for his mole (you) and dirty politics by voting for Cody. We asked him to drop and he did, so we could get cody to win.

Uh sorry, I wasn't the mole :P I was offered the VP position and took it haha
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:11:39 PM
At 12/13/2010 9:10:20 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:

rrriiiggghhht. ;)

Well it is over now, AND CODY IS THE WINNNNNNNEERRR!!

FTW!
kfc
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:12:15 PM
At 12/13/2010 9:11:39 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/13/2010 9:10:20 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:

rrriiiggghhht. ;)

Well it is over now, AND CODY IS THE WINNNNNNNEERRR!!

FTW!

Yes, and i am happy as well.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:13:54 PM
@ usafkid1121

I'm the VP for the Freedom Party so Cody_Franklin only needs to choose his "cabinet". :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:19:27 PM
At 12/13/2010 9:13:58 PM, ethopia619 wrote:
Sorry about the "Idiot Award" thing. It's my schizophrenia acting up again!

Uh-huh...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 9:20:51 PM
By the way, I did organize the entire first part of the election process, then stepped down when I became a candidate. Just pointing that out. I did a lot of work making sure people stayed informed on everything.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 10:57:27 PM
At 12/13/2010 9:13:54 PM, annhasle wrote:
@ usafkid1121

I'm the VP for the Freedom Party so Cody_Franklin only needs to choose his "cabinet". :)

I want to be the Vice Chancellor of Propaganda.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 11:46:38 PM
At 12/13/2010 11:44:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
This is disastrous.

LOOOL, seriously Mirza, lighten up!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 11:48:50 PM
At 12/13/2010 11:46:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is disastrous.

To deception? No.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 11:50:39 PM
At 12/13/2010 11:48:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
This is disastrous.

To deception? No.

And when has the Freedom Party deceived you?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 11:54:00 PM
At 12/13/2010 11:50:39 PM, annhasle wrote:
This is disastrous.

To deception? No.

When I discussed with them (Cody). The conversation was entirely horrible. Their name is also a huge factor. It is misleading enough to be compared to fascism.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 12:01:34 AM
At 12/13/2010 11:54:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/13/2010 11:50:39 PM, annhasle wrote:
This is disastrous.

To deception? No.

When I discussed with them (Cody). The conversation was entirely horrible. Their name is also a huge factor. It is misleading enough to be compared to fascism.

Okay, first of all - I'm the VP so when you say "them", you are referring to me as well. Just a heads up.

Second of all, based upon one conversation you had with Cody where YOU weren't completely appeased, this automatically renders the election -- and victory -- disastrous? Have you thought that maybe you should PM Cody and instigate another conversation? Or have you thought to contact others in the Freedom party to see their take on the conversation/issue?

And lastly, you have a problem with our name? Sir, I'm familiar with your interpretation of freedom and I have to tell you now that your idea of "freedom" is not what Cody or I have in mind when using such a title. But in all seriousness, our name is of little importance in comparison to our stances and promises. Is there somewhere we've let you down within our "political platform"?

Since I have finals tomorrow along with a 5 hour Karate tournament, I will be getting offline now but I WILL respond to your upcoming post later. Thanks for the input Mirza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 12:06:54 AM
At 12/14/2010 12:01:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
Okay, first of all - I'm the VP so when you say "them", you are referring to me as well. Just a heads up.

Second of all, based upon one conversation you had with Cody where YOU weren't completely appeased, this automatically renders the election -- and victory -- disastrous? Have you thought that maybe you should PM Cody and instigate another conversation? Or have you thought to contact others in the Freedom party to see their take on the conversation/issue?

And lastly, you have a problem with our name? Sir, I'm familiar with your interpretation of freedom and I have to tell you now that your idea of "freedom" is not what Cody or I have in mind when using such a title. But in all seriousness, our name is of little importance in comparison to our stances and promises. Is there somewhere we've let you down within our "political platform"?
First, I clarified it was Cody, and he is your representative. Second, yes, the problem is partially the name, but on top of that Cody mocked Authoparty for being strict, while he came with no better "policies" whatsoever. It is problematic. It is not truthful.

Since I have finals tomorrow along with a 5 hour Karate tournament, I will be getting offline now but I WILL respond to your upcoming post later. Thanks for the input Mirza.
You go to karate? Well, thank you very much for the conversation! Adios!
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 5:25:56 AM
At 12/14/2010 12:06:54 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/14/2010 12:01:34 AM, annhasle wrote:

First, I clarified it was Cody, and he is your representative. Second, yes, the problem is partially the name, but on top of that Cody mocked Authoparty for being strict, while he came with no better "policies" whatsoever. It is problematic. It is not truthful.

I keep telling you what the miscommunication was. You misunderstood the libertarian conception of freedom, and you misunderstood the point of the pseudo-criticism. Do you remember the absurd attack ads that Panda made last election? It was kind of like that. In good fun. Your name was the Authoparty. It was perfectly acceptable to sling some mud about oppression and tyranny.

You just keep repeating that I'm deceptive, rewording your criticism every time so it sounds like you're saying something original. The fact that our conception of freedom doesn't match your own doesn't mean that ours isn't "true" freedom. You're basically trying to tell me that I'm not a True Scotsman.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 5:34:06 AM
Here's a good chart a la Joel Feinberg:

http://tinyurl.com...

My point is that you're equating a de facto freedom of action--specifically, de facto liberty--with de jure liberty. You took my statement that people can do whatever they want to mean that we would just sit back and let it happen because we don't care. What I meant was that anyone can commit a criminal action. A thief can steal, a murderer can murder, and an arsonist can commit arson (if we assume that the justice system is primarily reactive, anyway); however, though they have that de facto liberty, their state of de jure liberty has several restraints placed on it by political authorities. Similarly, people can sit on this site and do awful things--they're in that unrestricted state of liberty; however, there are specific rules legislated against those sorts of actions.

I'm really hoping you understand.