The Franklin Presidency

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 11:09:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Good game, guys.

First of all, this election was the bomb-diggity. There was some legitimate debate, but there were still more than enough shenanigans to make our mock politics bearable.

Second of all, I want to extend a hand of thanks to a few people.

Innomen--for being a wicked-sweet opponent. I'm glad that we were able to stay completely cool with one another, despite the uproar over newbie voting and Party Party defecting. You were an amazing opponent, and the fact that the election was so evenly split--even at the bitter end--is a clear testament to that. We've said a lot to each other over the course of the campaign season, so I won't waste your time with a long diatribe. You certainly have my respect, and I'm hoping that you'll be willing to work with me in the wake of Phil's sale of DDO. I imagine that one of my administration's few functions may be as some kind of representative to the new owner, and I want you to be part of that team.

J.Kenyon and annhasle--honestly, you guys are the best campaign team I could have possibly asked for. Y'all worked your @sses off, and you're definitely owed a few rounds of drinks. Thanks a lot. At least now we get to set back and chillax for a little bit. Nothing like some good R&R after a hard season's work, right?

Freedo--some of your aside comments regarding my administration have been a little ominous. I look forward to seeing what sort of crazy stunts you try to pull. :P

Finally, I just want to say that it's going to be a weird term. Presiding while the site changes hands... Should be interesting. I think that the coming year is going to be a fun one.

Anyhow, I have a final at 8 AM tomorrow. That's 7 hours from now. I'm going to TRY to get some sleep so that I can be awake when I ace it. Goodnight, and thanks so much to those who voted.
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 11:14:04 PM
At 12/13/2010 11:09:32 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Good game, guys.

First of all, this election was the bomb-diggity. There was some legitimate debate, but there were still more than enough shenanigans to make our mock politics bearable.

Second of all, I want to extend a hand of thanks to a few people.

Innomen--for being a wicked-sweet opponent. I'm glad that we were able to stay completely cool with one another, despite the uproar over newbie voting and Party Party defecting. You were an amazing opponent, and the fact that the election was so evenly split--even at the bitter end--is a clear testament to that. We've said a lot to each other over the course of the campaign season, so I won't waste your time with a long diatribe. You certainly have my respect, and I'm hoping that you'll be willing to work with me in the wake of Phil's sale of DDO. I imagine that one of my administration's few functions may be as some kind of representative to the new owner, and I want you to be part of that team.

J.Kenyon and annhasle--honestly, you guys are the best campaign team I could have possibly asked for. Y'all worked your @sses off, and you're definitely owed a few rounds of drinks. Thanks a lot. At least now we get to set back and chillax for a little bit. Nothing like some good R&R after a hard season's work, right?

Freedo--some of your aside comments regarding my administration have been a little ominous. I look forward to seeing what sort of crazy stunts you try to pull. :P

Finally, I just want to say that it's going to be a weird term. Presiding while the site changes hands... Should be interesting. I think that the coming year is going to be a fun one.

Anyhow, I have a final at 8 AM tomorrow. That's 7 hours from now. I'm going to TRY to get some sleep so that I can be awake when I ace it. Goodnight, and thanks so much to those who voted.

- :O

You forgot me...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 1:00:17 AM
Cody, i couldn't be happier to have lost to you. It was a lot of fun, and perhaps we learned something about the nature of competition. You have my respect, but you have had that for a long time. Your staff are some of the finest people on the site, and you are lucky to have them on and by your side. I would enjoy working with you in pretty much any capacity that you deem appropriate, as i believe there is a unique synergy there.

To those who worked with me, i thank them for their efforts and remarkable resourcefulness. Now we move forward and show the respect to Cody that he deserves.

To those who voted for me, i am humbled by your confidence in me as someone who would represent DDO. I ask all to fully vest Cody with that confidence and unify our talents and abilities in supporting Cody in dealing with the new owners of the site.

To FREEDO, keep bringing what you bring to the site. You are the relief valve to the tension and seriousness that sometimes brews here.

Now its the time for us to accept each other for who we are and move forward in making this site the absolute best place to be. There is no other site like DDO, and it's because of the community here. Each of us brings an important element of what makes this a superior site to the others.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:13:04 AM
At 12/14/2010 7:15:57 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 12/14/2010 12:03:05 AM, FREEDO wrote:
*grins sinisterly*

I am really loving this.

You're kind of like the Ralph Nader of DDO.

Win
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 12:10:21 PM
At 12/13/2010 11:09:32 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Finally, I just want to say that it's going to be an uneventful term where I do absolutely nothing of relevance to my alleged title.

I agree, but congrats anyway, Cody! :)
President of DDO
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 1:10:25 PM
Go Cody!
Maybe with the new owner you can get powers and be a real dict--president ;) lol
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave