Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Making a debate

fire_wings
Posts: 5,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 12:34:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Screw it! I try to edit my debate, it says that it is over 6000 characters, so I try to change it, but it does not! How can I fix this stupid error?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 3:11:09 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Would be better to present this to a mod instead of making a forum post, although you can always bypass the character limit by making a google doc and writing there.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,762
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 4:16:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/12/2016 3:11:09 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Would be better to present this to a mod instead of making a forum post, although you can always bypass the character limit by making a google doc and writing there.

Character limit violations are not usually tolerated. Posting your argument elsewhere, pretty much automatically sacrifices conduct, and often arguments.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 4:24:21 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/12/2016 4:16:57 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/12/2016 3:11:09 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Would be better to present this to a mod instead of making a forum post, although you can always bypass the character limit by making a google doc and writing there.

Character limit violations are not usually tolerated. Posting your argument elsewhere, pretty much automatically sacrifices conduct, and often arguments.

Oh, that's curious.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tejretics
Posts: 6,650
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 4:52:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/12/2016 4:16:57 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/12/2016 3:11:09 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Would be better to present this to a mod instead of making a forum post, although you can always bypass the character limit by making a google doc and writing there.

Character limit violations are not usually tolerated. Posting your argument elsewhere, pretty much automatically sacrifices conduct, and often arguments.

I usually only analyze the first 10,000 characters or whatever the character limit is, and ignore the remainder.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
Ragnar
Posts: 1,762
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 6:31:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/12/2016 4:24:21 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/12/2016 4:16:57 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/12/2016 3:11:09 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Would be better to present this to a mod instead of making a forum post, although you can always bypass the character limit by making a google doc and writing there.

Character limit violations are not usually tolerated. Posting your argument elsewhere, pretty much automatically sacrifices conduct, and often arguments.

Oh, that's curious.

When opening a debate you may of course set special rules to allow Google Docs or just about anything else.

I'm enough of an old horse here, that I remember when someone was starting low character limit debates, and using pictures of text as a Gish Gallop tactic to try to win, then cried a bunch when voters did not fall for it.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...