Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

All the candidates are clueless

zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:26:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Cause we have these things called 'Google+ hangouts' now where candidates can explain their position and respond to questions and accusations right on the spot, rather then get 48 hours or more to craft some artificial response.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:31:14 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:26:08 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Cause we have these things called 'Google+ hangouts' now where candidates can explain their position and respond to questions and accusations right on the spot, rather then get 48 hours or more to craft some artificial response.

Oh please. Google hangouts doesn't even hold over 9 people or so. Last election, there were well over 9 people voting. The problem with this website is that people don't make enough fun and intelligent debates. Did the google hangout "debate" go on DDO as a debate? Was it actually a debate, or was it an open discussion?

Really, this isn't a very good answer or a good excuse for not using the website.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:33:14 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
A live debate between my campaign and DK's was done very publicly over G+ a couple weeks ago.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:33:21 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

http://www.debate.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:35:38 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

No, but I ran a poll for it and put it on one of my platform threads.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:36:45 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:33:21 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

http://www.debate.org...

Presidential interview? So is it a debate or an interview?

Candidates running for president on a debate website don't actually debate each other? I really don't see the logic in this.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:37:38 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:36:45 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:33:21 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

http://www.debate.org...

Presidential interview? So is it a debate or an interview?

Candidates running for president on a debate website don't actually debate each other? I really don't see the logic in this.

If you don't like how things are then run yourself.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:37:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:35:38 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

No, but I ran a poll for it and put it on one of my platform threads.

I'm sorry to say, but people don't seem to want to read platform threads. They're too long and dry and boring. And that's too bad, because I know the candidates put alot of effort into it.

I'd guarantee you that 99% of the people who vote in the election don't read every candidate's platform thread.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:39:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:37:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:36:45 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:33:21 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

http://www.debate.org...

Presidential interview? So is it a debate or an interview?

Candidates running for president on a debate website don't actually debate each other? I really don't see the logic in this.

If you don't like how things are then run yourself.

I may. I'm not sure if I will, but I really don't like the way things have been going on here, and if it gets any worse, I might.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:40:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:39:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:37:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:36:45 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:33:21 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

http://www.debate.org...

Presidential interview? So is it a debate or an interview?

Candidates running for president on a debate website don't actually debate each other? I really don't see the logic in this.

If you don't like how things are then run yourself.

I may. I'm not sure if I will, but I really don't like the way things have been going on here, and if it gets any worse, I might.

DDO is on a perpetual downward spiral. Don't get your hopes up.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:41:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
If I were ever to announce running for president, I guarantee you, my first move wouldn't be to write a hugeass long boring platform thread that nobody is going to read anyways.

I'd go after the top candidate. Not by who the minuscule polls of like 30 members who actually follow the campaign says is the top candidate. I'd look and find the most popular candidate, because most people vote on these elections based on popularity, and I'd relentlessly go after them.

Perhaps I'd even put a condition on the debate that if I beat them, a resignation from the race and endorsement is required.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:45:25 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:40:13 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:39:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:37:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:36:45 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:33:21 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

http://www.debate.org...

Presidential interview? So is it a debate or an interview?

Candidates running for president on a debate website don't actually debate each other? I really don't see the logic in this.

If you don't like how things are then run yourself.

I may. I'm not sure if I will, but I really don't like the way things have been going on here, and if it gets any worse, I might.

DDO is on a perpetual downward spiral. Don't get your hopes up.

I agree. From what I can tell, there's two types of debates on here: retardedly retarded debates, and retardedly intelligent debates.

What we really need is fun intelligent debates. Sure, some intelligent debates are fine too. Some retarded debates are fine too. But overall, the debates on here should be fun and educational for a broad audience.

Many people on this site seem to take themselves and this website way too seriously.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:46:55 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:45:25 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:40:13 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:39:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:37:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:36:45 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:33:21 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

http://www.debate.org...

Presidential interview? So is it a debate or an interview?

Candidates running for president on a debate website don't actually debate each other? I really don't see the logic in this.

If you don't like how things are then run yourself.

I may. I'm not sure if I will, but I really don't like the way things have been going on here, and if it gets any worse, I might.

DDO is on a perpetual downward spiral. Don't get your hopes up.

I agree. From what I can tell, there's two types of debates on here: retardedly retarded debates, and retardedly intelligent debates.

What we really need is fun intelligent debates. Sure, some intelligent debates are fine too. Some retarded debates are fine too. But overall, the debates on here should be fun and educational for a broad audience.

Many people on this site seem to take themselves and this website way too seriously.

That sounds like the passion from a true candidate.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 1:58:30 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:31:14 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:26:08 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Cause we have these things called 'Google+ hangouts' now where candidates can explain their position and respond to questions and accusations right on the spot, rather then get 48 hours or more to craft some artificial response.

Oh please. Google hangouts doesn't even hold over 9 people or so. Last election, there were well over 9 people voting.

That's why they're recorded, put on YouTube, and then put in the forums for all to see idiot...

The problem with this website is that people don't make enough fun and intelligent debates. Did the google hangout "debate" go on DDO as a debate? Was it actually a debate, or was it an open discussion?

Really, this isn't a very good answer or a good excuse for not using the website.

For someone who bemoans how little people debate, you yourself have only debates once in the past 7 months...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:05:32 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:58:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:31:14 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:26:08 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Cause we have these things called 'Google+ hangouts' now where candidates can explain their position and respond to questions and accusations right on the spot, rather then get 48 hours or more to craft some artificial response.

Oh please. Google hangouts doesn't even hold over 9 people or so. Last election, there were well over 9 people voting.

That's why they're recorded, put on YouTube, and then put in the forums for all to see idiot...

Wonderful. Now everyone can see the candidates sit and talk amongst each other. How pleasant. I am just glad nobody's feelings got hurt.

It's not even labelled a debate. I could care less about a presidential discussion, and since there are only 24 comments on that thread while it's 2 weeks old, many people feel the same way. 24 comments. Your one debate has like over a million views I've been told. That's an extremely impressive number. You of all people should know that 24 comments is puny.


The problem with this website is that people don't make enough fun and intelligent debates. Did the google hangout "debate" go on DDO as a debate? Was it actually a debate, or was it an open discussion?

Really, this isn't a very good answer or a good excuse for not using the website.

For someone who bemoans how little people debate, you yourself have only debates once in the past 7 months...

I bemoan how little people debate because of the rules on this website which stifle fun debates. I'm not blaming the users. I'm blaming the website. It becomes increasingly apparent that you have absolutely no idea what I have been talking about for the past week.

Debates, with the exception of a few users', have mostly become one or the other:

1. Extremely intelligent debates the debaters care about and will report *every* vote they don't like.
2. Stupid troll debates nobody gives a sh*t about and never reports the votes on.

I don't need to explain why this is a *major* problem and far different than the website used to be.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:12:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:05:32 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:58:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:31:14 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:26:08 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Cause we have these things called 'Google+ hangouts' now where candidates can explain their position and respond to questions and accusations right on the spot, rather then get 48 hours or more to craft some artificial response.

Oh please. Google hangouts doesn't even hold over 9 people or so. Last election, there were well over 9 people voting.

That's why they're recorded, put on YouTube, and then put in the forums for all to see idiot...

Wonderful. Now everyone can see the candidates sit and talk amongst each other. How pleasant. I am just glad nobody's feelings got hurt.

It's not even labelled a debate. I could care less about a presidential discussion, and since there are only 24 comments on that thread while it's 2 weeks old, many people feel the same way. 24 comments. Your one debate has like over a million views I've been told. That's an extremely impressive number. You of all people should know that 24 comments is puny.

And a debate would somehow change that? lol. A good debate these days might get three or four good votes tops, and every presidential debate just devolves into both sides rambling about how the other side misunderstood or misunderstands their position on an issue.

The problem with this website is that people don't make enough fun and intelligent debates. Did the google hangout "debate" go on DDO as a debate? Was it actually a debate, or was it an open discussion?

Really, this isn't a very good answer or a good excuse for not using the website.

For someone who bemoans how little people debate, you yourself have only debates once in the past 7 months...

I bemoan how little people debate because of the rules on this website which stifle fun debates. I'm not blaming the users. I'm blaming the website. It becomes increasingly apparent that you have absolutely no idea what I have been talking about for the past week.

Thats because nothing you have been saying in the past week makes any sense. You made a thread about the cursing filter as if it was something that was installed just yesterday and all your other threads are just you whining about how no one debates even though you yourself dont debate.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:15:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:12:09 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:05:32 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:58:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:31:14 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:26:08 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Cause we have these things called 'Google+ hangouts' now where candidates can explain their position and respond to questions and accusations right on the spot, rather then get 48 hours or more to craft some artificial response.

Oh please. Google hangouts doesn't even hold over 9 people or so. Last election, there were well over 9 people voting.

That's why they're recorded, put on YouTube, and then put in the forums for all to see idiot...

Wonderful. Now everyone can see the candidates sit and talk amongst each other. How pleasant. I am just glad nobody's feelings got hurt.

It's not even labelled a debate. I could care less about a presidential discussion, and since there are only 24 comments on that thread while it's 2 weeks old, many people feel the same way. 24 comments. Your one debate has like over a million views I've been told. That's an extremely impressive number. You of all people should know that 24 comments is puny.

And a debate would somehow change that? lol. A good debate these days might get three or four good votes tops, and every presidential debate just devolves into both sides rambling about how the other side misunderstood or misunderstands their position on an issue.

I don't want to give away my ideas, because if I run for president, you are one of the first people I'd challenge.

But, as my current debate will undoubtedly show, not requiring an RFD will clearly help the amount of votes.


The problem with this website is that people don't make enough fun and intelligent debates. Did the google hangout "debate" go on DDO as a debate? Was it actually a debate, or was it an open discussion?

Really, this isn't a very good answer or a good excuse for not using the website.

For someone who bemoans how little people debate, you yourself have only debates once in the past 7 months...

I bemoan how little people debate because of the rules on this website which stifle fun debates. I'm not blaming the users. I'm blaming the website. It becomes increasingly apparent that you have absolutely no idea what I have been talking about for the past week.

Thats because nothing you have been saying in the past week makes any sense. You made a thread about the cursing filter as if it was something that was installed just yesterday and all your other threads are just you whining about how no one debates even though you yourself dont debate.

Oh please. Many members have come up to me in both public and private and said: Everything you're saying makes sense. And many of the people who disagree with me, respect my position.

If you actually read my debate, you'd understand why I want the swearing filter gone. It would be a huge precedent and help set the stage for the change this website needs.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:25:10 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:15:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:12:09 AM, imabench wrote:

And a debate would somehow change that? lol. A good debate these days might get three or four good votes tops, and every presidential debate just devolves into both sides rambling about how the other side misunderstood or misunderstands their position on an issue.

I don't want to give away my ideas, because if I run for president, you are one of the first people I'd challenge.

lol go ahead and run, Ill just paint you as the crazy person you are showing yourself to be

But, as my current debate will undoubtedly show, not requiring an RFD will clearly help the amount of votes.

It would also open up a pandora's box of vote-bombing and sh*t voting that would only further dis-incentivize people to debate since there would no longer be protection from sh*tty and/or biased votes

Thats because nothing you have been saying in the past week makes any sense. You made a thread about the cursing filter as if it was something that was installed just yesterday and all your other threads are just you whining about how no one debates even though you yourself dont debate.

Oh please. Many members have come up to me in both public and private and said: Everything you're saying makes sense.

Literally all of your threads feature people pointing out why you are wrong or why nothing can be done about the problems you point out.

If you actually read my debate, you'd understand why I want the swearing filter gone. It would be a huge precedent and help set the stage for the change this website needs.

And if you knew literally anything about the site, you'd know that neither the president nor the mods have the power to actually remove the swearing filter or change much of the other things that plague the site like bugs and how infrequently updated the home page is.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:37:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:25:10 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:15:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:12:09 AM, imabench wrote:

And a debate would somehow change that? lol. A good debate these days might get three or four good votes tops, and every presidential debate just devolves into both sides rambling about how the other side misunderstood or misunderstands their position on an issue.

I don't want to give away my ideas, because if I run for president, you are one of the first people I'd challenge.

lol go ahead and run, Ill just paint you as the crazy person you are showing yourself to be

Sure thing, illiterate Imabench.


But, as my current debate will undoubtedly show, not requiring an RFD will clearly help the amount of votes.

It would also open up a pandora's box of vote-bombing and sh*t voting that would only further dis-incentivize people to debate since there would no longer be protection from sh*tty and/or biased votes

Really, I'm not saying all debates should require no RFD. I am saying that we should do debates with no RFDs so that people get more comfortable voting again. Even you admit that the debates these days don't have enough votes.


Thats because nothing you have been saying in the past week makes any sense. You made a thread about the cursing filter as if it was something that was installed just yesterday and all your other threads are just you whining about how no one debates even though you yourself dont debate.

Oh please. Many members have come up to me in both public and private and said: Everything you're saying makes sense.

Literally all of your threads feature people pointing out why you are wrong or why nothing can be done about the problems you point out.


This is completely false. Many people have sympathized with me. Sure, not everyone agrees with everything I say, but many people at least admit that the website has a problem and respect me.

If you actually read my debate, you'd understand why I want the swearing filter gone. It would be a huge precedent and help set the stage for the change this website needs.

And if you knew literally anything about the site, you'd know that neither the president nor the mods have the power to actually remove the swearing filter or change much of the other things that plague the site like bugs and how infrequently updated the home page is.....

https://www.youtube.com...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:42:32 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:37:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:25:10 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:15:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:12:09 AM, imabench wrote:

And a debate would somehow change that? lol. A good debate these days might get three or four good votes tops, and every presidential debate just devolves into both sides rambling about how the other side misunderstood or misunderstands their position on an issue.

I don't want to give away my ideas, because if I run for president, you are one of the first people I'd challenge.

lol go ahead and run, Ill just paint you as the crazy person you are showing yourself to be

But, as my current debate will undoubtedly show, not requiring an RFD will clearly help the amount of votes.

It would also open up a pandora's box of vote-bombing and sh*t voting that would only further dis-incentivize people to debate since there would no longer be protection from sh*tty and/or biased votes

Really, I'm not saying all debates should require no RFD. I am saying that we should do debates with no RFDs so that people get more comfortable voting again.

We already HAVE that idiot. People can choose to opt out of RFD standards by outlining in the first round that RFD standards will not apply to votes on that debate.... Troll debates by themselves also go unmoderated and are unaffected by RFD standards.

Youd know this if you actually knew anything about the site.

Literally all of your threads feature people pointing out why you are wrong or why nothing can be done about the problems you point out.

This is completely false. Many people have sympathized with me.

It must be fun living in your warped little world.

If you actually read my debate, you'd understand why I want the swearing filter gone. It would be a huge precedent and help set the stage for the change this website needs.

And if you knew literally anything about the site, you'd know that neither the president nor the mods have the power to actually remove the swearing filter or change much of the other things that plague the site like bugs and how infrequently updated the home page is.....

https://www.youtube.com...

Fantastic response. Really fired up every brain cell putting that one together didnt ya?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:53:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:42:32 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:37:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:25:10 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:15:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:12:09 AM, imabench wrote:

And a debate would somehow change that? lol. A good debate these days might get three or four good votes tops, and every presidential debate just devolves into both sides rambling about how the other side misunderstood or misunderstands their position on an issue.

I don't want to give away my ideas, because if I run for president, you are one of the first people I'd challenge.

lol go ahead and run, Ill just paint you as the crazy person you are showing yourself to be

But, as my current debate will undoubtedly show, not requiring an RFD will clearly help the amount of votes.

It would also open up a pandora's box of vote-bombing and sh*t voting that would only further dis-incentivize people to debate since there would no longer be protection from sh*tty and/or biased votes

Really, I'm not saying all debates should require no RFD. I am saying that we should do debates with no RFDs so that people get more comfortable voting again.

We already HAVE that idiot. People can choose to opt out of RFD standards by outlining in the first round that RFD standards will not apply to votes on that debate.... Troll debates by themselves also go unmoderated and are unaffected by RFD standards.

Youd know this if you actually knew anything about the site.

Psh, once again, you're just being illiterate. Clearly, I know that you can choose no RFDs as a setting. I'm saying that many of the well-respected members should choose this settings on fun and formal debates, so that everyone can vote and have fun, and most importantly change the website.


Literally all of your threads feature people pointing out why you are wrong or why nothing can be done about the problems you point out.

This is completely false. Many people have sympathized with me.

It must be fun living in your warped little world.

You very well may be the worst troll on the website. You're popular and funny, but really a horrible troll. This is the only time you've ever actually hit back at me, and now I see why you have evaded it all this time. Every time you've posted what you thought was a witty comment, I replied and completely wrecked you, and you didn't even reply.


If you actually read my debate, you'd understand why I want the swearing filter gone. It would be a huge precedent and help set the stage for the change this website needs.

And if you knew literally anything about the site, you'd know that neither the president nor the mods have the power to actually remove the swearing filter or change much of the other things that plague the site like bugs and how infrequently updated the home page is.....

https://www.youtube.com...

Fantastic response. Really fired up every brain cell putting that one together didnt ya?

I'm sorry if I disappointed you. I was busy firing up my brain at my engineering job today, and after all that, I decided your ridiculous comments weren't meritorious of alot of thinking.

Look, I'm not trying to be mean to you. Most people will tell you I'm a nice guy. But I don't sit down when someone comes up and tries to hit me.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 2:59:03 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 2:53:13 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:42:32 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/15/2016 2:37:40 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

This is completely false. Many people have sympathized with me.

It must be fun living in your warped little world.

You very well may be the worst troll on the website. You're popular and funny, but really a horrible troll. This is the only time you've ever actually hit back at me, and now I see why you have evaded it all this time. Every time you've posted what you thought was a witty comment, I replied and completely wrecked you, and you didn't even reply.

^ lol he's mad now XD

But I don't sit down when someone comes up and tries to hit me.

Says the guy who literally made a thread to take a shot at all the candidates currently running.....

I cant tell if you're clueless or just a hypocrite at this point.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 3:13:14 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

Most of your posts have been complaining about DDO.
Meh!
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 3:19:21 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 3:13:14 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

Most of your posts have been complaining about DDO.

Because there is alot to complain about. Regardless, I am going to make a thread sometime in the future and explain my dream for the website. I think you'll find that the atmosphere I am promoting is actually one that many people would enjoy and feel comfortable in.

If you read my conversations with people, you'll find that I'm not completely negative about the site. This website has, by far, the best debate setup currently available. There are many good users such as Wylted, thett3, etc. who make great debates. I've met many new members who are fantastic people and I respect them.

The problem is that I see how incredibly awesome, fun, intelligent and fantastic this website could be. This isn't a pie in the sky. This is a real possibility. This website could be incredible.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 3:37:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

I agree.

I will debate any of the presidential candidates on DDO's fiscal policy.
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 4:14:49 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

It was both. And it was recorded, and posted for everyone to see, so more than 9 people watched it.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,082
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 4:17:22 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 4:14:49 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:32:09 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:20:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/15/2016 1:13:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I feel like a jerk pointing this out, but it needed to be said. This is a debate website. Why aren't candidates challenging each other to debates?

Perhaps this is already happening (if it is, I'm totally unaware of it, and it needs more publicity) but if it's not already going on, it should. It's just a law of nature that when you're competing with someone for a position, you will go head to head with your opponent and explain to everyone why you're better than him, unless you're a total coward.

Especially if the position you're running for is head of a debate website.

If I were running for president, I would repeatedly challenge each candidate to debate many times all the way up to the day of the election. Really, it's not a hard idea to understand and it would be far more effective than posting many forums on policy that nobody cares to read.

There was a debate they did I believe on Google+.

You got to be kidding me. I'll ask because I want to give the benefit of the doubt... Did it actually go on DDO as a debate?

It was both. And it was recorded, and posted for everyone to see, so more than 9 people watched it.

Last I checked, only 24 comments on that thread. Not many.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."