Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

DDO Debate Challenge: DDO Pres Debates

imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 4:03:30 AM, Emmarie wrote:
[http://www.debate.org...]
DDO Presidential Candidates should have a Debate Tournament on DDO
Thoughts?

1) Presidential debates are pointless because people barely read or vote on debates in the first place, and requiring candidates to sink loads of effort and time they otherwise dont have into a debate that only a few people are going to really go through is a massive waste of time being forced onto them.

2) Voters will just vote for whoever they wanted to win in the first place, and then justify their RFD to make the vote itself seem legit.

3) Debates can last weeks and cause people to lose interest far before they even end. There's a reason why 5 round mega debates barely get any votes anymore, and its because readers feel like they are doing homework when trying to vote on them. Presidential debates would naturally have to be lengthy, because if they werent then they wouldnt cover many issues, making the choices either incredibly boring to read, or noticable incomplete and not discussing certain issues

4) There is literally no significance in winning or losing a debate at all in terms of the election.

5) The forums are a far, far better mechanism to discuss platforms and policies than debates since forums dont end after 4 rounds like debates do, and allow for much more in depth-discussions about specific topics that in a debate would be given minimal attention due to the need to devote characters to discussing other issues

6) Every idiot running a troll campaign could start making their own debates with other idiot troll campaigns and end up spamming presidential debates to derail the election.

7) Forcing debates pressures candidates to try to win rather then be honest or have a casual discussion about the issues, which could cause contests to become much more heated and hostile than if things were casually hashed out in the forums since winning becomes more important than honesty.

8) Once the debates are completed, they would have to be posted in the forums to get attention + votes, meaning it is better to just have the debates in the forums and cut out the middle man for the sake of efficiency

9) There is already plenty of voter fatigue from the election, and making and hyping up lame presidential debates will only increase voter fatigue further, as well as risk causing unnecessary drama which all parties agree should be avoided.

10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

Thats just off the top of my head
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?
Frozen or Frozen 2?
Puppies or kittens? (Trick question: the answer is bunnies.)
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:27:19 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:03:30 AM, Emmarie wrote:
[http://www.debate.org...]
DDO Presidential Candidates should have a Debate Tournament on DDO
Thoughts?

1) Presidential debates are pointless because people barely read or vote on debates in the first place, and requiring candidates to sink loads of effort and time they otherwise dont have into a debate that only a few people are going to really go through is a massive waste of time being forced onto them.

2) Voters will just vote for whoever they wanted to win in the first place, and then justify their RFD to make the vote itself seem legit.
Make it a judged debate with bsh 1 as the only judge, or the candidates who aren't in that debate.

3) Debates can last weeks and cause people to lose interest far before they even end. There's a reason why 5 round mega debates barely get any votes anymore, and its because readers feel like they are doing homework when trying to vote on them. Presidential debates would naturally have to be lengthy, because if they werent then they wouldnt cover many issues, making the choices either incredibly boring to read, or noticable incomplete and not discussing certain issues
3 rounds would be sufficient
Platform's in R1, Rebuttals in R2 and a closing round.

4) There is literally no significance in winning or losing a debate at all in terms of the election.
Allowing voters to read issues in a debate format is more inviting than sifting through forums.

5) The forums are a far, far better mechanism to discuss platforms and policies than debates since forums dont end after 4 rounds like debates do, and allow for much more in depth-discussions about specific topics that in a debate would be given minimal attention due to the need to devote characters to discussing other issues
Main issues are often derailed from the OP.

6) Every idiot running a troll campaign could start making their own debates with other idiot troll campaigns and end up spamming presidential debates to derail the election.
Highly speculative, they could do that anyhow.

7) Forcing debates pressures candidates to try to win rather then be honest or have a casual discussion about the issues, which could cause contests to become much more heated and hostile than if things were casually hashed out in the forums since winning becomes more important than honesty.
Give me a break, like you care about "honesty?"

8) Once the debates are completed, they would have to be posted in the forums to get attention + votes, meaning it is better to just have the debates in the forums and cut out the middle man for the sake of efficiency
Many users never go onto the forums, there are plenty of debaters what would be drawn to Presidential debates from the "debates" page.

9) There is already plenty of voter fatigue from the election, and making and hyping up lame presidential debates will only increase voter fatigue further, as well as risk causing unnecessary drama which all parties agree should be avoided.
voter fatigue?...please

10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.
They can word things however they chose to.

Thats just off the top of my head

It's a debate website! Any candidate running, who isn't willing to debate , doesn't deserve endorsements of members.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:30:52 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Perfect example of a thread getting derailed on the FORUMS!! Like this doesn't happen on presidential platform OPs? Yes, of course it does! On a debate it would be impossible to derail the dialog that candidates should be having.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:52:02 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Not that kind of coke, lol....

See? Totally honest, guys! Bench speaks his mind.

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

I liked Hans. Then again, I only saw his performance in "Love is an open Door."

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.

Ewwwwww.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 6:43:38 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 5:27:19 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Just reading your responses to each point shows how incredibly ignorant you are about how the site works
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 10:48:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 6:43:38 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:27:19 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Just reading your responses to each point shows how incredibly ignorant you are about how the site works

You've lost the support that I was leaning toward giving you for your lack of ability to recognize anyone else's suggestions. With you in charge of conventions, it won't be about what members want, it will be about how you can manipulate members to do what you want by trolling them when they make suggestions.

How the site currently works is bullies stop some members from freely expressing themselves, but it won't stop me. You don't like the idea of a Presidential Debate Tournament because it is a threat to your platform. Members will see your rigid attitude on this thread and you could lose the support of members who were leaning toward you.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 1:22:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 10:48:18 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:43:38 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:27:19 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Just reading your responses to each point shows how incredibly ignorant you are about how the site works

You've lost the support that I was leaning toward giving you for your lack of ability to recognize anyone else's suggestions. With you in charge of conventions, it won't be about what members want, it will be about how you can manipulate members to do what you want by trolling them when they make suggestions.

You've upgraded from normal idiot to crazy conspiracy theorist, congrats.... Idiot

How the site currently works is bullies stop some members from freely expressing themselves, but it won't stop me. You don't like the idea of a Presidential Debate Tournament because it is a threat to your platform. Members will see your rigid attitude on this thread and you could lose the support of members who were leaning toward you.

It must be fun living in your warped little world outside of reality
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
yomama12
Posts: 340
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 3:27:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 5:30:52 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Perfect example of a thread getting derailed on the FORUMS!! (1)Like this doesn't happen on presidential platform OPs? Yes, of course it does! On a debate it would be impossible to derail the dialog that candidates should be having(2).

1) If you don't like it, why are you even on the forums?!? I thought the whole reason was to shift it from the forums to the debates section. Why are you sitting here chewing everybody out while you could talk to Airmax or something.

2) have you ever heard of the word "troll"?
"Psycotic. Thats a three syllable word that explains ideas too big for little minds" -Alexander Luthor

"I choose not to take sides. No matter which I choose, someone's gonna be pissy with me." -Me.

"If I had wanted to be sober, I wouldn't have gotten drunk." -Unity

"Some people say I'm not smart. Those people get my fist." -Farkas
yomama12
Posts: 340
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 3:31:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 10:48:18 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:43:38 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:27:19 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Just reading your responses to each point shows how incredibly ignorant you are about how the site works

You've lost the support that I was leaning toward giving you for your lack of ability to recognize anyone else's suggestions. With you in charge of conventions, it won't be about what members want, it will be about how you can manipulate members to do what you want by trolling them when they make suggestions.

How the site currently works is bullies stop some members from freely expressing themselves, but it won't stop me. You don't like the idea of a Presidential Debate Tournament because it is a threat to your platform. Members will see your rigid attitude on this thread and you could lose the support of members who were leaning toward you.

"How the site currently works is bullies stop some members from freely expressing themselves, but it won't stop me." You do realize you contradicted yourself in a single sentence, right?

LAy off Emmarie, this isn't your fight alone. It's the community's. If you don't like his ideas, vote for the other candidate. Don't bash him to your heart's content.
"Psycotic. Thats a three syllable word that explains ideas too big for little minds" -Alexander Luthor

"I choose not to take sides. No matter which I choose, someone's gonna be pissy with me." -Me.

"If I had wanted to be sober, I wouldn't have gotten drunk." -Unity

"Some people say I'm not smart. Those people get my fist." -Farkas
yomama12
Posts: 340
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 3:34:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 10:48:18 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:43:38 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:27:19 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Just reading your responses to each point shows how incredibly ignorant you are about how the site works

You've lost the support that I was leaning toward giving you for your lack of ability to recognize anyone else's suggestions. With you in charge of conventions, it won't be about what members want, it will be about how you can manipulate members to do what you want by trolling them when they make suggestions.

How the site currently works is bullies stop some members from freely expressing themselves, but it won't stop me. You don't like the idea of a Presidential Debate Tournament because it is a threat to your platform. Members will see your rigid attitude on this thread and you could lose the support of members who were leaning toward you.

Also, what 46 year old woman puts "Jo Momma" as their name?
"Psycotic. Thats a three syllable word that explains ideas too big for little minds" -Alexander Luthor

"I choose not to take sides. No matter which I choose, someone's gonna be pissy with me." -Me.

"If I had wanted to be sober, I wouldn't have gotten drunk." -Unity

"Some people say I'm not smart. Those people get my fist." -Farkas
Internet
Posts: 59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 4:23:34 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 4:03:30 AM, Emmarie wrote:
[http://www.debate.org...]
DDO Presidential Candidates should have a Debate Tournament on DDO
Thoughts?

Yes! I want to see them argue out and reach a conclusion on whos plans are better or more realistic. Even if no one did vote on it, reading both sides and seeing the rebuttles tells us everything we need to know about the candidates
Peepette
Posts: 1,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 6:04:13 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Actually, I like the idea of the candidates debating. Whether it gets voted on or not is inconsequential because the review of the information, compare and contrast would be advantageous. No one would need to write and RFD, just read the material and decide on the better candidate. If a candidate is not willing to sink time into a debate, I certainly would wonder if they would sink any time into DDO, their programs or anything else that is proposed.

People have interest in what the candidates have to say. A thread after it is finished certainly will bring people to reading it. Comments or questions on the debate can be done through the thread. Again, obtaining votes is really not the aim, but points and counter points. Five rounds 10K each is more than enough to get the high point issues discussed.

The forums are very tedious, there are endless entries and too many people jumping in and making their statements. Issues get lost and put off track on a regular basis. A debate format is far more concise without all the outside chatter.

As always Ima, everyone you don"t like or see eye to eye with is a troll and idiot. I think DDOans know who the trolls are against the serious candidates. You underestimate their intelligence.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 6:58:29 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 6:04:13 PM, Peepette wrote:

As always Ima, everyone you don"t like or see eye to eye with is a troll and idiot.

As always Peepette, you dont know what you are talking about.... Emmarie asked for reasons about the idea, I gave almost a dozen for why its a bad idea, and her responses to each point were hilariously bad and devoid of rational thought.

I dont call people idiots because they have a different opinion than me. I call people idiots because they genuinely are idiots or are behaving like idiots.... You would have figured that out by now if you didnt happen to be one of them ;)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Peepette
Posts: 1,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:19:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 6:58:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:04:13 PM, Peepette wrote:

As always Ima, everyone you don"t like or see eye to eye with is a troll and idiot.

As always Peepette, you dont know what you are talking about.... Emmarie asked for reasons about the idea, I gave almost a dozen for why its a bad idea, and her responses to each point were hilariously bad and devoid of rational thought.

I dont call people idiots because they have a different opinion than me. I call people idiots because they genuinely are idiots or are behaving like idiots.... You would have figured that out by now if you didnt happen to be one of them ;)

I think I adequately addressed your issues. Anyway, don't do a debate if that's not your thing on a debate site. Oh, yeah, this retired after 600; go with it. The other candidates, I'm sure would give the idea some consideration.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 10:08:36 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 3:27:09 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:30:52 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Perfect example of a thread getting derailed on the FORUMS!! (1)Like this doesn't happen on presidential platform OPs? Yes, of course it does! On a debate it would be impossible to derail the dialog that candidates should be having(2).

1) If you don't like it, why are you even on the forums?!? I thought the whole reason was to shift it from the forums to the debates section. Why are you sitting here chewing everybody out while you could talk to Airmax or something.
I don't call in airmax for every little thing like some members, I'd rather call them out myself and make examples of them derailing my thread the same way they do on presidential platform threads.

2) have you ever heard of the word "troll"?
have you, troll?
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 10:10:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 3:34:00 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 10:48:18 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:43:38 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:27:19 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Just reading your responses to each point shows how incredibly ignorant you are about how the site works

You've lost the support that I was leaning toward giving you for your lack of ability to recognize anyone else's suggestions. With you in charge of conventions, it won't be about what members want, it will be about how you can manipulate members to do what you want by trolling them when they make suggestions.

How the site currently works is bullies stop some members from freely expressing themselves, but it won't stop me. You don't like the idea of a Presidential Debate Tournament because it is a threat to your platform. Members will see your rigid attitude on this thread and you could lose the support of members who were leaning toward you.

Also, what 46 year old woman puts "Jo Momma" as their name?
I have a 19 year old son named Jo - so I really am JoMomma! You sure ain't!
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 10:13:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 6:04:13 PM, Peepette wrote:
Actually, I like the idea of the candidates debating. Whether it gets voted on or not is inconsequential because the review of the information, compare and contrast would be advantageous. No one would need to write and RFD, just read the material and decide on the better candidate. If a candidate is not willing to sink time into a debate, I certainly would wonder if they would sink any time into DDO, their programs or anything else that is proposed.

People have interest in what the candidates have to say. A thread after it is finished certainly will bring people to reading it. Comments or questions on the debate can be done through the thread. Again, obtaining votes is really not the aim, but points and counter points. Five rounds 10K each is more than enough to get the high point issues discussed.

The forums are very tedious, there are endless entries and too many people jumping in and making their statements. Issues get lost and put off track on a regular basis. A debate format is far more concise without all the outside chatter.

As always Ima, everyone you don"t like or see eye to eye with is a troll and idiot. I think DDOans know who the trolls are against the serious candidates. You underestimate their intelligence.
+1 and Thanks for the back-up :)
yomama12
Posts: 340
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:48:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 10:08:36 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 3:27:09 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:30:52 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Perfect example of a thread getting derailed on the FORUMS!! (1)Like this doesn't happen on presidential platform OPs? Yes, of course it does! On a debate it would be impossible to derail the dialog that candidates should be having(2).

1) If you don't like it, why are you even on the forums?!? I thought the whole reason was to shift it from the forums to the debates section. Why are you sitting here chewing everybody out while you could talk to Airmax or something.
I don't call in airmax for every little thing like some members, I'd rather call them out myself and make examples of them derailing my thread the same way they do on presidential platform threads.
It's not like it would do anything.

2) have you ever heard of the word "troll"?
have you, troll?
I don't think bashing everyone that stands against your ideas is such a good tactic.
"Psycotic. Thats a three syllable word that explains ideas too big for little minds" -Alexander Luthor

"I choose not to take sides. No matter which I choose, someone's gonna be pissy with me." -Me.

"If I had wanted to be sober, I wouldn't have gotten drunk." -Unity

"Some people say I'm not smart. Those people get my fist." -Farkas
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 1:49:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 12:48:51 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 10:08:36 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 3:27:09 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:30:52 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Perfect example of a thread getting derailed on the FORUMS!! (1)Like this doesn't happen on presidential platform OPs? Yes, of course it does! On a debate it would be impossible to derail the dialog that candidates should be having(2).

1) If you don't like it, why are you even on the forums?!? I thought the whole reason was to shift it from the forums to the debates section. Why are you sitting here chewing everybody out while you could talk to Airmax or something.
I don't call in airmax for every little thing like some members, I'd rather call them out myself and make examples of them derailing my thread the same way they do on presidential platform threads.
It's not like it would do anything.

2) have you ever heard of the word "troll"?
have you, troll?
I don't think bashing everyone that stands against your ideas is such a good tactic.

I never bashed anyone, I dished it back. Is the portion of your comment that I underlined a threat? I had every right to call you and bench out for derailing my thread, when it was the point of this thread in the first place: To explain how the forums aren't an ideal place for interaction and dialog about presidential issues / platforms, because they often get derailed. It's the whole reason I'd like to see a presidential debate tournament.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:33:28 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 8:19:04 PM, Peepette wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:58:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 6:04:13 PM, Peepette wrote:

As always Ima, everyone you don"t like or see eye to eye with is a troll and idiot.

As always Peepette, you dont know what you are talking about.... Emmarie asked for reasons about the idea, I gave almost a dozen for why its a bad idea, and her responses to each point were hilariously bad and devoid of rational thought.

I dont call people idiots because they have a different opinion than me. I call people idiots because they genuinely are idiots or are behaving like idiots.... You would have figured that out by now if you didnt happen to be one of them ;)

I think I adequately addressed your issues.

Its adorable that you actually believe that XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
yomama12
Posts: 340
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:35:20 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 1:49:56 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:48:51 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 10:08:36 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 3:27:09 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:30:52 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Perfect example of a thread getting derailed on the FORUMS!! (1)Like this doesn't happen on presidential platform OPs? Yes, of course it does! On a debate it would be impossible to derail the dialog that candidates should be having(2).

1) If you don't like it, why are you even on the forums?!? I thought the whole reason was to shift it from the forums to the debates section. Why are you sitting here chewing everybody out while you could talk to Airmax or something.
I don't call in airmax for every little thing like some members, I'd rather call them out myself and make examples of them derailing my thread the same way they do on presidential platform threads.
It's not like it would do anything.

2) have you ever heard of the word "troll"?
have you, troll?
I don't think bashing everyone that stands against your ideas is such a good tactic.

I never bashed anyone, I dished it back. Is the portion of your comment that I underlined a threat? I had every right to call you and bench out for derailing my thread, when it was the point of this thread in the first place: To explain how the forums aren't an ideal place for interaction and dialog about presidential issues / platforms, because they often get derailed. It's the whole reason I'd like to see a presidential debate tournament.

A: you didn't underline anything.

B: When did I ever threaten you? And exactly when did I "derail" this thread? In fact, you're kind of derailing it yourself for calling people out on it. If you would have let Bench's go, we wouldn't still be talking about it, and thus not derailing the thread more than necessary.
"Psycotic. Thats a three syllable word that explains ideas too big for little minds" -Alexander Luthor

"I choose not to take sides. No matter which I choose, someone's gonna be pissy with me." -Me.

"If I had wanted to be sober, I wouldn't have gotten drunk." -Unity

"Some people say I'm not smart. Those people get my fist." -Farkas
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:26:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 2:35:20 AM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/18/2016 1:49:56 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:48:51 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 10:08:36 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 3:27:09 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:30:52 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Perfect example of a thread getting derailed on the FORUMS!! (1)Like this doesn't happen on presidential platform OPs? Yes, of course it does! On a debate it would be impossible to derail the dialog that candidates should be having(2).

1) If you don't like it, why are you even on the forums?!? I thought the whole reason was to shift it from the forums to the debates section. Why are you sitting here chewing everybody out while you could talk to Airmax or something.
I don't call in airmax for every little thing like some members, I'd rather call them out myself and make examples of them derailing my thread the same way they do on presidential platform threads.
It's not like it would do anything.

2) have you ever heard of the word "troll"?
have you, troll?
I don't think bashing everyone that stands against your ideas is such a good tactic.

I never bashed anyone, I dished it back. Is the portion of your comment that I underlined a threat? I had every right to call you and bench out for derailing my thread, when it was the point of this thread in the first place: To explain how the forums aren't an ideal place for interaction and dialog about presidential issues / platforms, because they often get derailed. It's the whole reason I'd like to see a presidential debate tournament.

A: you didn't underline anything.
lol - you are correct - I accidentally hit the italic button, when it was already italicized.

B: When did I ever threaten you? And exactly when did I "derail" this thread? In fact, you're kind of derailing it yourself for calling people out on it. If you would have let Bench's go, we wouldn't still be talking about it, and thus not derailing the thread more than necessary.

You stating that chewing people out wasn't a good tactic, implies there is a repercussion for doing so, otherwise why do you care what effect my tactic has on what members think? (You don't seem very "caring" - no offence) As a matter a fact, some members may be entertained by my ability to "roll with the punches" and get up and continue to defend. My purpose is to show members how to have dialog that involves conflict without being a crybaby tattle tale and running to airmax over petty sh!t..
yomama12
Posts: 340
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2016 1:57:25 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 5:26:08 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/19/2016 2:35:20 AM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/18/2016 1:49:56 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:48:51 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 10:08:36 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 3:27:09 PM, yomama12 wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:30:52 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:14:36 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/16/2016 5:07:34 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2016 4:32:59 AM, imabench wrote:
10) Presidential debates result in scripted answers to questions about one's policies, whereas in the forums youre more likely to get honest and open answers since candidates are not under increased pressure to choose their words carefully like they would in a debate.

I have a question, He Who Speaks His Mind and Tells the Harsh Truths:

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Its far easier to snort and hide in your car from the fuckin cops

Frozen or Frozen 2?

Frozen 2, because its all the fun of the first Frozen, except without fuckin Hans in it

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens, because Taylor Swift likes kittens more then puppies, and thats all I need to know to make an informed decision here.
Perfect example of a thread getting derailed on the FORUMS!! (1)Like this doesn't happen on presidential platform OPs? Yes, of course it does! On a debate it would be impossible to derail the dialog that candidates should be having(2).

1) If you don't like it, why are you even on the forums?!? I thought the whole reason was to shift it from the forums to the debates section. Why are you sitting here chewing everybody out while you could talk to Airmax or something.
I don't call in airmax for every little thing like some members, I'd rather call them out myself and make examples of them derailing my thread the same way they do on presidential platform threads.
It's not like it would do anything.

2) have you ever heard of the word "troll"?
have you, troll?
I don't think bashing everyone that stands against your ideas is such a good tactic.

I never bashed anyone, I dished it back. Is the portion of your comment that I underlined a threat? I had every right to call you and bench out for derailing my thread, when it was the point of this thread in the first place: To explain how the forums aren't an ideal place for interaction and dialog about presidential issues / platforms, because they often get derailed. It's the whole reason I'd like to see a presidential debate tournament.

A: you didn't underline anything.
lol - you are correct - I accidentally hit the italic button, when it was already italicized.

B: When did I ever threaten you? And exactly when did I "derail" this thread? In fact, you're kind of derailing it yourself for calling people out on it. If you would have let Bench's go, we wouldn't still be talking about it, and thus not derailing the thread more than necessary.

You stating that chewing people out wasn't a good tactic, implies there is a repercussion for doing so, otherwise why do you care what effect my tactic has on what members think? (You don't seem very "caring" - no offense) As a matter a fact, some members may be entertained by my ability to "roll with the punches" and get up and continue to defend. My purpose is to show members how to have dialog that involves conflict without being a crybaby tattle tale and running to airmax over petty sh!t..

I never stated that there is a repercussion for chewing people out, I said that it derails the thread even more, and thus contradicting your quote on not liking it when people derail forums. Hypocrisy in a nutshell.

What exactly do you mean when you say that I'm "not caring"? And wtf did you call ME a troll?

I'm not saying to be a tattletale, but you shouldn't just run the report button dry and tell people not to report anything, there would be too many @ssholes that can bully people whenever they want.
"Psycotic. Thats a three syllable word that explains ideas too big for little minds" -Alexander Luthor

"I choose not to take sides. No matter which I choose, someone's gonna be pissy with me." -Me.

"If I had wanted to be sober, I wouldn't have gotten drunk." -Unity

"Some people say I'm not smart. Those people get my fist." -Farkas