Jump to topic:

Another Election Poll!

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:05:07 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
We haven't had one of these in a while, so why not?

https://www.surveymonkey.com...

This one is perhaps more interesting than some of the others because not only can you write a candidate in, but you have to offer some type of explanation -- could even be a few words -- for why you made that choice. When I report the results, I'll offer some qualitative summary of the rationale behind the decision. Obviously this is anonymous, but I will be checking for multivoting and/or spam voting (i.e., not offering any reason is a signal of a spam vote, and it will likely be removed).

With that, carry on! I will update results roughly every night for the next week.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:15:38 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:05:07 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

This one is perhaps more interesting than some of the others because not only can you write a candidate in, but you have to offer some type of explanation -- could even be a few words -- for why you made that choice. When I report the results, I'll offer some qualitative summary of the rationale behind the decision. Obviously this is anonymous, but I will be checking for multivoting and/or spam voting (i.e., not offering any reason is a signal of a spam vote, and it will likely be removed).

With that, carry on! I will update results roughly every night for the next week.

DON'T VOTE FOR ANY OF THOSE COMMUNISTS!
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:18:39 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:15:38 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

lol.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:28:00 PM
Maybe I need to redo this whole "explanation" thing....

Of 4 responses, 2 of them included joke explanations.

I'm your new Goddess, a better one. So, you will bow down and profess your love to me, your Lady, or I shall destroy you.
6/16/2016 3:20 PM View respondent's answers

f*ck off nsa
6/16/2016 3:12 PM View respondent's answers

I don't want to outright remove these because what I really care about are the answers to the first question -- so I think what I will do is not require, but strongly encourage an explanation so that I can actually come to some sort of meaningful conclusion on why people voted as they did. With that said, I'm not going to remove votes unless there are outright spam voting.

What do you all think?

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:32:57 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:28:00 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

I'm your new Goddess, a better one. So, you will bow down and profess your love to me, your Lady, or I shall destroy you.

f*ck off nsa

I don't want to outright remove these because what I really care about are the answers to the first question -- so I think what I will do is not require, but strongly encourage an explanation so that I can actually come to some sort of meaningful conclusion on why people voted as they did. With that said, I'm not going to remove votes unless there are outright spam voting.

What do you all think?

Well, mine was purposefully for a joke. Otherwise I think you should remove the ones that are with "spam" explanations. If you wanted to make a poll without explanations then you would have done so.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:33:28 PM
I have it on good authority that 100% of likely voters want JMK to debate thett on open borders
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:35:32 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:32:57 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

f*ck off nsa

What do you all think?

Well, mine was purposefully for a joke.

I noticed, lol.

Otherwise I think you should remove the ones that are with "spam" explanations. If you wanted to make a poll without explanations then you would have done so.

Fair enough, though I tend to think that it just adds an unneeded layer of complexity. I mean, I'd rather have a sample of 30 votes than 10 votes, assuming the 20 in question weren't write-ins. Write-ins are a lot easier to remove because they don't affect the results (though I don't feel particularly inclined to remove yours for obvious reasons), but the remainder could very well make the difference in such a tight race.

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:36:16 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:35:32 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

f*ck off nsa

What do you all think?

I noticed, lol.

Otherwise I think you should remove the ones that are with "spam" explanations. If you wanted to make a poll without explanations then you would have done so.

Fair enough, though I tend to think that it just adds an unneeded layer of complexity. I mean, I'd rather have a sample of 30 votes than 10 votes, assuming the 20 in question weren't write-ins. Write-ins are a lot easier to remove because they don't affect the results (though I don't feel particularly inclined to remove yours for obvious reasons), but the remainder could very well make the difference in such a tight race.

You could do it publicly, technically. Like what Imabench did for the Juggle thing.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:36:17 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:33:28 PM, thett3 wrote:
I have it on good authority that 100% of likely voters want JMK to debate thett on open borders

I'd like to see the polling methodology.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:37:07 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:36:16 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

f*ck off nsa

What do you all think?

I noticed, lol.

You could do it publicly, technically. Like what Imabench did for the Juggle thing.

I'm not familiar with this. Do you mean publish each vote anonymously with the explanations?

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:38:29 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:37:07 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

f*ck off nsa

What do you all think?

I noticed, lol.

I'm not familiar with this. Do you mean publish each vote anonymously with the explanations?

http://www.debate.org... Problem is that it won't be anonymous, but it will be the most accurate votes you'll ever get.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:47:07 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:15:38 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Tell everyone you didn't take seen shots of your communist thread . And read it a few times , chuckling to yourself.
Credit where credit is due.
Good game Good game.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:50:59 PM
At 6/16/2016 7:38:29 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/16/2016 7:37:07 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

f*ck off nsa

What do you all think?

I noticed, lol.

http://www.debate.org... Problem is that it won't be anonymous, but it will be the most accurate votes you'll ever get.

Ahh, okay. I remember this. It's an interesting idea, though it probably wouldn't really allow people to write in responses. It might be a good idea for a secondary poll.

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:17:53 PM

f*ck off nsa

What do you all think?

I gave a serious answer.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:23:47 PM
At 6/16/2016 8:17:53 PM, lannan13 wrote:

f*ck off nsa

What do you all think?

I gave a serious answer.

Good, good.

DDO's Economics Messiah
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:49:14 PM

YES. Please. DO this. Please. Please. Please. This will renew my faith in humanity.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:22:05 AM
Results from Day 1

Preliminary note: There was an "other" option in this survey. SurveyMonkey did not include these votes in the denominator of each tally. I see no reason to recalculate these percentages at present since they don't materially impact the outcome of the election. If that were to change, I would adjust these tallies as necessary. At present, the current two "other" votes are obvious jokes, anyway.

With that said, PetersSmith and Rosalie each received one vote. PetersSmith's voter remarked that she is a goddess and we should bow down before her and profess our love for her. Rosalie's vote was from a "secret admirer" of some sorts who wants to defend Rosalie from "us heathens," whoever that is.

Moving into the preliminary tally.

*drum roll*

Sorry, I need to build some suspense. I should really have my own radio show. I think I'd do a darned good job.

As of Thursday, June 16th, 2016, with 14 total votes (16 w/ the omitted "other" ballots), the tally is as follows:

DK/TUF are currently in 1st place with 6 votes and 42.86% of the vote.

Imabench is currently in 2nd place with 4 votes and 28.57% of the vote.

1harder/solon/hayd are currently in 3rd place with 3 votes and 21.43% of the vote.

Seventh/Skep have 1 vote and 7.14%.

Geogeer currently doesn't have any votes.

I'm going to hold off on commenting on the explanations people gave until I have a large enough sample of substantive responses.

DDO's Economics Messiah
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:16:11 AM
At 6/17/2016 12:27:27 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Verification of the above: http://prntscr.com...

Seventh? Really?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:26:32 AM
At 6/17/2016 1:16:11 AM, imabench wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:27:27 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Verification of the above: http://prntscr.com...

Seventh? Really?

They got one vote, lol. It doesn't materially affect the outcome, anyway. I included an "other" option last time I did a poll called "none of the above, including seventh/skep" and was criticized for it. I thought I might as well include one trollish campaign, if only to act as the residual in the equation.

DDO's Economics Messiah
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:24:54 PM

You'll win.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:36:06 AM
At 6/16/2016 9:49:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

YES. Please. DO this. Please. Please. Please. This will renew my faith in humanity.

ok help me pressure him into it
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:36:21 AM
At 6/17/2016 1:24:54 PM, tejretics wrote:

You'll win.

Well I can't be beaten
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:40:51 AM
At 6/18/2016 12:36:21 AM, thett3 wrote:

You'll win.

Well I can't be beaten

Except for by Cuber the Wise
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 1:10:57 AM
Results for Day 2

With 24 votes, not counting the two write-ins which SurveyMonkey excluded from the percentage tallies, I bring you the following the results. Again, I'm going to hold off on discussing the written portions until I have a larger sample of substantive replies.

In 1st place is DK/Tuf with 11 votes or 45.83%.

In 2nd place is Imabench with 8 votes and 33.33%.

In 3rd place is 1harder/solon/hayd with 3 votes and and 12.50%.

In a tie for 4th place are Seventh/Skep and Geogeer with 1 vote apiece or 4.17% each.

Verification: http://prntscr.com...

DDO's Economics Messiah
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 1:52:02 AM
At 6/18/2016 1:10:57 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Results for Day 2

With 24 votes, not counting the two write-ins which SurveyMonkey excluded from the percentage tallies, I bring you the following the results. Again, I'm going to hold off on discussing the written portions until I have a larger sample of substantive replies.

In a tie for 4th place are Seventh/Skep and Geogeer with 1 vote apiece or 4.17% each.

hey

Cuber the Wise, the new king of debate.org, has mandated that we debate open borders
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 1:55:58 AM
At 6/18/2016 1:52:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
Results for Day 2

hey

Cuber the Wise, the new king of debate.org, has mandated that we debate open borders

I don't believe in top-down government mandates, especially from an unelected king.

DDO's Economics Messiah
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:10:49 AM
At 6/18/2016 1:55:58 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Results for Day 2

hey

I don't believe in top-down government mandates, especially from an unelected king.

come on i am itching to have a stab at that 100-0 record
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:12:38 AM
At 6/18/2016 2:10:49 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 6/18/2016 1:55:58 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Results for Day 2

hey

come on i am itching to have a stab at that 100-0 record

Lol, I'm aware.

DDO's Economics Messiah
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:31:08 AM
At 6/18/2016 12:36:21 AM, thett3 wrote:

You'll win.

Well I can't be beaten

Lol it would be cool to see you debate RoyLatham on a permanent moratorium on immigration, pretty sure he's Con.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass