Jump to topic:

Can't open comments or post

thesnare7000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 10:49:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I looked to see if this has been brought up (google search with this as the domain) debate.org/forums, but I can hardly ever open the comments to posts. It worked at one time, and has worked once since then, but almost always when I click it to open it, nothing will happen. I also tried to post a message on a poll about homeopathy a few minutes ago, submit button wouldn't react when I clicked on it
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 11:21:04 PM
At 6/16/2016 10:49:23 PM, thesnare7000 wrote:
I looked to see if this has been brought up (google search with this as the domain) debate.org/forums, but I can hardly ever open the comments to posts. It worked at one time, and has worked once since then, but almost always when I click it to open it, nothing will happen. I also tried to post a message on a poll about homeopathy a few minutes ago, submit button wouldn't react when I clicked on it

1) Polls are nearly broken
2) What do you mean "open the comments to posts." Are you saying you cant open the threads themselves?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 11:23:49 PM
At 6/16/2016 10:49:23 PM, thesnare7000 wrote:

The comments on the polls are VERY slow to submit. So you just have to wait a bit on the page. Any other issue you're experiencing cannot and will not be fixed due to lack of maintenance.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
thesnare7000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:39:09 AM
2) What do you mean "open the comments to posts." Are you saying you cant open the threads themselves?

No, I mean I can't open the comments that are appended to a particular post. Say someone posts something either on the pro or con side, and the comments below to that post you'll need to (but, of course it doesn't work 99.999999% of the time) click the comments icon to see them.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:40:38 AM
At 6/17/2016 3:39:09 AM, thesnare7000 wrote:

No, I mean I can't open the comments that are appended to a particular post. Say someone posts something either on the pro or con side, and the comments below to that post you'll need to (but, of course it doesn't work 99.999999% of the time) click the comments icon to see them.

I see. The opinions section then, right? Try turning ad-blocking off, but like polls, it is almost completely broken.