J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 1:31:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/15/2010 1:01:34 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Win. Pure, absolute win.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I about pee'd myself laughing.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:13:01 PM
At 12/15/2010 2:04:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Are the new owners enforcing askbob's ban, cause he really can open a new account now.

I'm surprised he hasn't made a new one yet. Figured that would be top priority on the list of things to do today. If he is banned I think it will tell us a lot of the owners.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:14:24 PM
Are the new owners enforcing askbob's ban, cause he really can open a new account now.
And he can get banned over and over again.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:17:23 PM
At 12/15/2010 2:14:24 PM, Mirza wrote:

Askbobs past banning was on a past infringement. Since Phil wiped most of his accounts from the forums, proving such infringement will be hard.

Regardless, I see no reason for him to be banned, let alone not come back regardless.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:33:45 PM
I wasn't around during the askbob period, but why exactly was he banned? There seemed to be mixed reviews on him. It would make some sense to keep the ban intact if he does 'harass other members'. He wasn't here for long, but his comment about mirza "terrorist with small penis" was uncalled for.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:35:02 PM
At 12/15/2010 2:13:01 PM, jharry wrote:

I'm surprised he hasn't made a new one yet. Figured that would be top priority on the list of things to do today. If he is banned I think it will tell us a lot of the owners.

That is because he is hoping to come back on legitimate grounds. We are discussing the matter with the new owner.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:36:51 PM
At 12/15/2010 2:33:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I wasn't around during the askbob period, but why exactly was he banned? There seemed to be mixed reviews on him. It would make some sense to keep the ban intact if he does 'harass other members'. He wasn't here for long, but his comment about mirza "terrorist with small penis" was uncalled for.

That is all in jest and not a big deal at all. Jokes like that are not grounds for banning.

As for his original banning, it was due mostly to a personal dispute between him and Phil (the former owner).
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:38:30 PM

He's the friendly neighborhood troll. He seems your run-of-the-mill troll, but he legitimately cares for DDO's community, but sees people such as Mirza and Insert pests.

He's usually a lot of fun and only people who are prudish or have given him a legitimate reason to target them need fear him.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:39:21 PM
At 12/15/2010 2:38:30 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

He's the friendly neighborhood troll. He seems your run-of-the-mill troll, but he legitimately cares for DDO's community, but sees people such as Mirza and Insert pests.

He's usually a lot of fun and only people who are prudish or have given him a legitimate reason to target them need fear him.

Fear??? LOL.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:43:02 PM
At 12/15/2010 2:38:30 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Yes, his antics really are harmless. People like Mirza and INH need to learn to take him less seriously. Then they wouldn't get offended at harmless jokes.

He is a valuable asset to the community otherwise. He has been as active in promoting the community as people like myself, PoeJoe, theLwerd, Volkov, Kleptin, and BrittWaller (RIP), among others.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:45:06 PM

You realize he made that comment after Mirza had repeatedly called him shameful filth and threatened "corporal punishment," right? Besides, he was joking, he wasn't trying to seriously insult, just trying to make lulz.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 2:53:34 PM
At 12/15/2010 2:45:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

You realize he made that comment after Mirza had repeatedly called him shameful filth and threatened "corporal punishment," right? Besides, he was joking, he wasn't trying to seriously insult, just trying to make lulz.

Trying to?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:00:41 PM

It was a lulz, although that's not the point. Just wanted to know if he is mean spirited or not. He seems well liked enough, although there were many people in my high school that were 'popular' but complete a-holes.
Phil stated that he 'continues to harass other members'. He was banned before I was a member so I really can't judge if his return will be a positive or negative.
Open borders debate:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:02:12 PM
At 12/15/2010 2:17:23 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/15/2010 2:14:24 PM, Mirza wrote:

Askbobs past banning was on a past infringement. Since Phil wiped most of his accounts from the forums, proving such infringement will be hard.

Regardless, I see no reason for him to be banned, let alone not come back regardless.
I do, and if he doesn't swift the attitude, he will have more reasons to be banned.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:03:40 PM
he's generally a real prick to all new people... but he lets up so long as it doesn't get to them...

He's also funny though... and does contribute to actual conversations sometimes...

all in all I don't think he should be banned... just called out and trolled when he's being a prick.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:06:00 PM
First and foremost, I never called him shameful filth. Second, I did not threaten him with anything. I reflected my views on threatening behavior, which, if turned severe, should extend to corporal punishment. That was not personal. But his attitude many a times is shameful filth, yes.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:07:31 PM
and.. with insert and Cerebral.. he took things a bit far.

calling cerebral a pedo a little might be funny.. but.. he was gettin ridiculous.

and with insert too... askbob seems to really drive home the trolling with all the gals...
and... call me chivalrous 8) .. but pickin on girls is pretty D*ckish in my book.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:13:02 PM
On top of what I already said, please reconsider defending his sleazily attitude twice before actually doing it. Before I even made an criticism of him this time, he said this:

"You're a muslim and live in the desert so its not like you have access to milk anyway."

Including other similar grave nonsense. Keep laughing at his worthless "jokes" and defend his attitude for all times to come, but it is not worth your time.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:14:35 PM
At 12/15/2010 3:13:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
On top of what I already said, please reconsider defending his sleazily attitude twice before actually doing it. Before I even made an criticism of him this time, he said this:

"You're a muslim and live in the desert so its not like you have access to milk anyway."

Including other similar grave nonsense. Keep laughing at his worthless "jokes" and defend his attitude for all times to come, but it is not worth your time.

lulz are always worth my time. Lighten up.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:15:40 PM
At 12/15/2010 3:07:31 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

calling cerebral a pedo a little might be funny.. but.. he was gettin ridiculous.

and with insert too... askbob seems to really drive home the trolling with all the gals...
and... call me chivalrous 8) .. but pickin on girls is pretty D*ckish in my book.

This and what you said about him being a prick to being new people is a good enough reason to continue the ban.

I respect Phil as a businessman and founder of this website, so he must have some reason to ban him, besides being a prick. If he insults and harrasses members to the extent that he causes members to leave, then that would warrant a ban. This is a for-profit site so keeping both new and old members is key.
Open borders debate:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:17:15 PM

I don't recall him doing that. I thought Zetsubou started that and everyone did the same (despite my frustration with Cerebral, I was one of the few who did not call him a pedo). The only thing Askbob did was make that HILARIOUS demotivational picture with Cereb and Insert.

Eh...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:19:25 PM
At 12/15/2010 3:14:35 PM, JBlake wrote:

Tell him to lighten up, and stop the biased nonsense. You tell me to lighten up when I am accused of shameful lies, while askbob is praised for coming with filthy jokes (which everyone can do; post a video and write a few words), and for driving a valuable member off of the site? She has the nice attitude to welcome new people, and he drives people away. You lighten up please, and tell your friend to do the same.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:21:31 PM
At 12/15/2010 3:15:40 PM, darkkermit wrote:

This and what you said about him being a prick to being new people is a good enough reason to continue the ban.

I respect Phil as a businessman and founder of this website, so he must have some reason to ban him, besides being a prick. If he insults and harrasses members to the extent that he causes members to leave, then that would warrant a ban. This is a for-profit site so keeping both new and old members is key.

i think his trolling ppl snowballed bigger and bigger b/c he had been banned so many times before (for reasons I don't know)

I have to imagine he wasn't so prickish before he was banned in the first place..

and I would think he can prolly control himself if he's able to get a legitimate account here again.
clearly with his coming back as soon as Possible, after over a year-long blackout on his presence, he REALLY wants to be able to have an account... and I'd imagine he could eat his pride a bit and tone down his trolling a bit.

Metaphysics:
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:23:07 PM
At 12/15/2010 3:21:31 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
i think his trolling ppl snowballed bigger and bigger b/c he had been banned so many times before (for reasons I don't know)

I have to imagine he wasn't so prickish before he was banned in the first place..

and I would think he can prolly control himself if he's able to get a legitimate account here again.
clearly with his coming back as soon as Possible, after over a year-long blackout on his presence, he REALLY wants to be able to have an account... and I'd imagine he could eat his pride a bit and tone down his trolling a bit.

This is precisely the case.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:24:17 PM
At 12/15/2010 3:19:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/15/2010 3:14:35 PM, JBlake wrote:

Tell him to lighten up, and stop the biased nonsense. You tell me to lighten up when I am accused of shameful lies, while askbob is praised for coming with filthy jokes (which everyone can do; post a video and write a few words), and for driving a valuable member off of the site? She has the nice attitude to welcome new people, and he drives people away. You lighten up please, and tell your friend to do the same.

You're telling a person who jokes around most of the time, to lighten up?Are you serious???
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:26:26 PM
At 12/15/2010 3:24:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You're telling a person who jokes around most of the time, to lighten up?Are you serious???
Yes.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 3:28:12 PM

Reckon he has the same problem in RL?

Seriously though. He will have a HUGE influence on the direction of this site if the new owners are going to be as liberal as they appear to be.

Back in the old days panda was his only loyal cheerleader. His "lulz" were generally kept in check by the other members here like PoeJoe and some others. Jblake used to pull on the cheerleader skirt sometimes but he seems different now. And of course Phil when he went to certain extremes.

There is a totally new make up on this site now. There are far more people here that are in it for the 'lulz" then there were back then. And there are enough cheerleaders now to fuel askbob into even further extremes. Take, cody, panda, freedo, ann, and them put em in mini skirts and give em some pom poms and the rest will be history.

Did you notice how much cody/panda types backed off when askbob wasn't here? Truth is they aren't good enough to do it by themselves and need someone as original as askbob to make up for what they lack.

When scissorhands/askbob first got here he wasn't that way. It was the whole CWO war that brought that out in him. But in classic askbob fashion he kept going and took it past what Phil would allow, I think it was fueled by the cheerleaders at the time. Opinion only.

Please don't get me wrong, askbob is effective at getting rid of real trolls and spammers. But he will have to decide how to use this influence, I guess it will be a personal decision on what he thinks is best for this site that jblake said he cares about.

We will see.