Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Announcing my Candidacy for a (new) Position

TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:26:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

Cute
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:32:59 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:00:04 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What qualifies you for this?

Well you don't see anyone else lining up for it.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:34:23 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:32:59 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:00:04 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What qualifies you for this?

Well you don't see anyone else lining up for it.

Is that you only qualifying feature? That you are the only person in line for a line you just made up?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:34:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:26:41 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

Cute

Something wrong, Ma'am? I believe I finished our business in our PM. If not, it is because you refused to answer to my statements. Feminist or not, at least answer my arguments, even in PM form. Do you have a question?
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:36:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:34:23 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:32:59 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:00:04 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What qualifies you for this?

Well you don't see anyone else lining up for it.

Is that you only qualifying feature? That you are the only person in line for a line you just made up?

I am also fair and impartial. And, once again, until someone runs against me, then I'm all you have.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:37:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:34:57 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:26:41 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

Cute

Something wrong, Ma'am? I believe I finished our business in our PM. If not, it is because you refused to answer to my statements. Feminist or not, at least answer my arguments, even in PM form. Do you have a question?

No. I just think it's cute that you believe there's any chance that you'll attain this made up "position". And as to the PM, I don't respond to idiocy, concession, and insults.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:40:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:34:23 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:32:59 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:00:04 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What qualifies you for this?

Well you don't see anyone else lining up for it.

Is that you only qualifying feature? That you are the only person in line for a line you just made up?

I vote for myself.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:45:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

So. A position even more ineffectual than the presidency, run buy a guy who few know or have any reason to listen to.

Yea, I don't think this is going anywhere.
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:45:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:37:40 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:34:57 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:26:41 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

Cute

Something wrong, Ma'am? I believe I finished our business in our PM. If not, it is because you refused to answer to my statements. Feminist or not, at least answer my arguments, even in PM form. Do you have a question?

No. I just think it's cute that you believe there's any chance that you'll attain this made up "position". And as to the PM, I don't respond to idiocy, concession, and insults.

Fine. I think, Ma'am, that you do not know the answer to my arguments. I agree with you on the subject. However, due to me pointing out your argument flaws, you had a temper tantrum, said I should be "Put down" according to my own religion, and I defended myself according to MY religion, which you threw in my face. In a verse that would be thrown out by most rational individuals. Organized religion disagreed, I made a statement. State and federal law disagreed. I made a statement. I did not intend to insult. However, you refused to let up on it and had a temper tantrum. Now, I contended, I made intelligent arguments, and called you a feminist, nothing more or less. Or perhaps you would like to argue PUBLICALLY.
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:48:04 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:45:06 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

So. A position even more ineffectual than the presidency, run buy a guy who few know or have any reason to listen to.

Yea, I don't think this is going anywhere.

You know I was counting the seconds until someone said something like that
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:49:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:48:04 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:45:06 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

So. A position even more ineffectual than the presidency, run buy a guy who few know or have any reason to listen to.

Yea, I don't think this is going anywhere.

You know I was counting the seconds until someone said something like that

Well, glad I could be the one to point out the obvious.
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:59:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:49:05 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:48:04 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:45:06 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

So. A position even more ineffectual than the presidency, run buy a guy who few know or have any reason to listen to.

Yea, I don't think this is going anywhere.

You know I was counting the seconds until someone said something like that

Well, glad I could be the one to point out the obvious.

I predict events weeks in advance. This was bound to happen. Though, as to who, it was a toss-up
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:01:15 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:59:18 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:49:05 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:48:04 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:45:06 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

So. A position even more ineffectual than the presidency, run buy a guy who few know or have any reason to listen to.

Yea, I don't think this is going anywhere.

You know I was counting the seconds until someone said something like that

Well, glad I could be the one to point out the obvious.

I predict events weeks in advance. This was bound to happen. Though, as to who, it was a toss-up

Hardly Nostradamus. You are unknown, and the position you propose is MORE worthless than the presidency, so what is it I should think is interesting about you "knowing" someone would say so?
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:07:59 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 2:01:15 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:59:18 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:49:05 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:48:04 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:45:06 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

So. A position even more ineffectual than the presidency, run buy a guy who few know or have any reason to listen to.

Yea, I don't think this is going anywhere.

You know I was counting the seconds until someone said something like that

Well, glad I could be the one to point out the obvious.

I predict events weeks in advance. This was bound to happen. Though, as to who, it was a toss-up

Hardly Nostradamus. You are unknown, and the position you propose is MORE worthless than the presidency, so what is it I should think is interesting about you "knowing" someone would say so?

Nostradamus wrote vague predictions that people read into a little too deep. I keep my predictions to myself. if they are wrong, I'm spared public humiliation. if I'm right, well, I get to enjoy the knowledge that I was right.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:19:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 2:07:59 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 2:01:15 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:59:18 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:49:05 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:48:04 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:45:06 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

So. A position even more ineffectual than the presidency, run buy a guy who few know or have any reason to listen to.

Yea, I don't think this is going anywhere.

You know I was counting the seconds until someone said something like that

Well, glad I could be the one to point out the obvious.

I predict events weeks in advance. This was bound to happen. Though, as to who, it was a toss-up

Hardly Nostradamus. You are unknown, and the position you propose is MORE worthless than the presidency, so what is it I should think is interesting about you "knowing" someone would say so?

Nostradamus wrote vague predictions that people read into a little too deep. I keep my predictions to myself. if they are wrong, I'm spared public humiliation. if I'm right, well, I get to enjoy the knowledge that I was right.

Have fun with your thread. That is all this will amount to.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:21:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:48:38 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
No.

You should vote for me. My only promise and goal is to keep the other guy out of his own made up spot.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:37:39 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 2:21:13 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:48:38 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
No.

You should vote for me. My only promise and goal is to keep the other guy out of his own made up spot.

On behalf of 6PAC, I endorse you.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:39:42 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

What's the purpose of this?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:43:58 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 3:39:42 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

What's the purpose of this?

Give people a sort of deciding force to keep flame wars from happening
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:59:16 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 3:43:58 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 3:39:42 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

What's the purpose of this?

Give people a sort of deciding force to keep flame wars from happening

How do you plan to do that?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Lsumichiganfan
Posts: 267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 4:05:16 PM
Posted: 5 months ago

So. A position even more ineffectual than the presidency, run buy a guy who few know or have any reason to listen to.

Yea, I don't think this is going anywhere.

+1
Please vote on this debate: http://www.debate.org...
"You have displayed the political understanding of a tortoise thus far in this election" -Harder
Lsumichiganfan
Posts: 267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 4:06:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 3:43:58 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 3:39:42 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

What's the purpose of this?

Give people a sort of deciding force to keep flame wars from happening

LOL. Isn't that what a moderator is for? AND WHO IN THE WORLD SAID THAT THIS POSITION IS UP FOR GRABS?
Please vote on this debate: http://www.debate.org...
"You have displayed the political understanding of a tortoise thus far in this election" -Harder
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 5:55:55 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 4:06:37 PM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:
At 6/17/2016 3:43:58 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 3:39:42 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

What's the purpose of this?

Give people a sort of deciding force to keep flame wars from happening

LOL. Isn't that what a moderator is for? AND WHO IN THE WORLD SAID THAT THIS POSITION IS UP FOR GRABS?

The mods get swamped because they are mods. I'm NOT a mod. If Airmax had to deal with every flame war, nothing else would ever happen. And... I DID!
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,002
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:34:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 1:34:23 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:32:59 AM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:00:04 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What qualifies you for this?

Well you don't see anyone else lining up for it.

Is that you only qualifying feature? That you are the only person in line for a line you just made up?

Amen!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,002
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:36:23 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

I nominate myself as king emperor for life!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
TheChristian
Posts: 1,031
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 2:46:30 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 2:36:23 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 6/17/2016 12:35:24 AM, TheChristian wrote:
I would like to run for a new position. This position is DDO Judge. I will be sort of like a moderator but not with the ability to delete or formally penalize users. This might lessen the load on Airmax.

I will answer any questions asked about this position

I nominate myself as king emperor for life!

1. Department of Redundancy Department

2. Emperors are hideously outdated