Jump to topic:

Yes, or No

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 5:22:20 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Just say in this forum if you will run for president, or if you will not, to make things easier.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 5:22:38 PM
I am not running in this election, maybe next time.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 6:47:02 PM
I will NOT be running for DDO President, but I may next cycle.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 7:16:35 PM
At 6/18/2016 5:22:20 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Just say in this forum if you will run for president, or if you will not, to make things easier.

Technically, all users are running for president because if they get majority vote, even if they didn't announce anything, they'd be forced to be president.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 8:57:17 PM
I don't plan on running for President.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:10:37 PM
My Fellow DDO'ers,

This is a hard time for us all. You see, when Edeb8 sends its people, it's not sending its best. They're bringing spammers, they're bringing flame wars, they're votebombers, and some I assume are good people. We have no other choice: we need to build a great, big, beautiful wall with Edeb8 that Lars will pay for. We have no choice: we need to make DDO great again!

That is why today I am announcing that I am not running for the presidency of DDO. Make someone else make DDO great again!
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
anna0128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:12:17 PM
At 6/18/2016 9:10:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
My Fellow DDO'ers,

This is a hard time for us all. You see, when Edeb8 sends its people, it's not sending its best. They're bringing spammers, they're bringing flame wars, they're votebombers, and some I assume are good people. We have no other choice: we need to build a great, big, beautiful wall with Edeb8 that Lars will pay for. We have no choice: we need to make DDO great again!

That is why today I am announcing that I am not running for the presidency of DDO. Make someone else make DDO great again!

lol
anna0128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:12:29 PM
My Fellow DDO'ers,

where is edeb8?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:14:44 PM
At 6/18/2016 9:12:29 PM, anna0128 wrote:
My Fellow DDO'ers,

where is edeb8?

http://www.edeb8.com...

Lars, who is a former DDO member who comes around every so often to advertise his annual tournament, launched it a few years back. It only has a few members, but the features are quite exceptional. Of course, it's technically DDO's "competition," so Trumpian analogies to Mexico are fair game, lol....

DDO's Economics Messiah
anna0128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:16:17 PM
At 6/18/2016 9:14:44 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
My Fellow DDO'ers,

where is edeb8?

Lars, who is a former DDO member who comes around every so often to advertise his annual tournament, launched it a few years back. It only has a few members, but the features are quite exceptional. Of course, it's technically DDO's "competition," so Trumpian analogies to Mexico are fair game, lol....

there is a big difference, and the top ELO is in the 18--
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:21:36 PM
At 6/18/2016 9:16:17 PM, anna0128 wrote:
My Fellow DDO'ers,

where is edeb8?

The scale or formula for ELO might be different, but the volume of debates is far lower on edeb8 for obvious reasons.

DDO's Economics Messiah
anna0128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:22:29 PM
At 6/18/2016 9:21:36 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
My Fellow DDO'ers,

where is edeb8?

The scale or formula for ELO might be different, but the volume of debates is far lower on edeb8 for obvious reasons.

and those secret debates are weird, I hate it.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:24:26 PM
My Fellow DDO'ers,

You know it hurts when coffee spurts out of your nose.
ThinkBig
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:30:47 PM
At 6/18/2016 9:24:26 PM, ThinkBig wrote:
My Fellow DDO'ers,

You know it hurts when coffee spurts out of your nose.

lol.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:31:31 PM
At 6/18/2016 9:22:29 PM, anna0128 wrote:
At 6/18/2016 9:21:36 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
My Fellow DDO'ers,

where is edeb8?

and those secret debates are weird, I hate it.

Agreed.

DDO's Economics Messiah
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 11:52:57 AM
At 6/18/2016 9:31:31 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Agreed.

Really, you think "secret topics" are bad?

I think just choosing whatever topics you like to debate doesn't help you grow as a debater nearly as much as picking a random past PF topic.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 12:20:15 PM
At 6/18/2016 5:22:20 PM, fire_wings wrote:

You do realize that if another candidate declares they are running, that they wouldn't use this thread.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:58:12 PM
At 6/19/2016 11:52:57 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 6/18/2016 9:31:31 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Agreed.

Really, you think "secret topics" are bad?

Not "bad" by any means; I only agreed that some were a bit weird, and while some people might jump at the opportunity to debate any random topic, I like to specialize.

I think just choosing whatever topics you like to debate doesn't help you grow as a debater nearly as much as picking a random past PF topic.

I would agree with this, though in my case, my time is probably my heaviest opportunity cost, lol...

DDO's Economics Messiah