Jump to topic:

Airmax vs. Cuber

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:08:00 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I am unabashedly promoting and asking for everyone to read and vote on this debate.

http://www.debate.org...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:09:28 AM
Unashamedly, unabashedly, and unambiguously promoting much voting.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:10:52 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:08:00 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am unabashedly promoting and asking for everyone to read and vote on this debate.

The sad thing is that no matter who wins in this debate airmax wins since he's the one who would remove the swear filter, but he also doesn't have the technical abilities to do so.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:14:06 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:10:52 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

The sad thing is that no matter who wins in this debate airmax wins since he's the one who would remove the swear filter, but he also doesn't have the technical abilities to do so.

Don't underestimate a large amount of people who all believe and want the same thing.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:15:15 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:14:06 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

Don't underestimate a large amount of people who all believe and want the same thing.

Unless one of those people are willing to either purchase the site or hack it, there's no way the swear filter can be removed.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:30:25 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:15:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Unless one of those people are willing to either purchase the site or hack it, there's no way the swear filter can be removed.

Airmax hacked the site before to change votes in one of Danielles debates. The debate is in the HOF, I believe.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:33:34 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:30:25 AM, Wylted wrote:

Airmax hacked the site before to change votes in one of Danielles debates. The debate is in the HOF, I believe.

He can't "hack the site". He has access to the mod admin which allows him to do that. And as I said, even if he could change the filter it's ultimately his decision. A debate won't make him do something.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:35:52 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:33:34 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

He can't "hack the site". He has access to the mod admin which allows him to do that. And as I said, even if he could change the filter it's ultimately his decision. A debate won't make him do something.

NOpe, I don't even think he was a mod at the time. Hold on I will link to the debate, he literally used his Johnny Newmonnic skills to change votes on a debate
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:38:03 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:33:34 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Yep here is where he went all "NEO from the Matrix" http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:41:27 AM

Allright, here we go again. I had thought that we established that you don't work for Juggle, and I believed you until I read posts like this. It's the way you word things, I guess: "...., there's no way the swear filter can be removed."

How do you know there's "no way the swear filter can be removed"?

I may continue the debate - lol, but I will not personally attack you, and I will refute the way that Wylted has attempted to paint you. Like I said before, I have nothing against you, unless have inside information about Juggle, and somehow represent Juggle while pretending to be a member. In that case it is probably just a "gig" for you. The thing is, there are members on this site who socially interact here. Many members may not be excessively social to me or you for that matter, but they deserve to not be deceived, if indeed they are being deceived by you or anyone else.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:41:32 AM

Do you actually believe I hacked the site in that instance or are you just trolling?
Debate.org Moderator
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:43:28 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:41:27 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Allright, here we go again. I had thought that we established that you don't work for Juggle, and I believed you until I read posts like this. It's the way you word things, I guess: "...., there's no way the swear filter can be removed."

I may continue the debate - lol, but I will not personally attack you, and I will refute the way that Wylted has attempted to paint you. Like I said before, I have nothing against you, unless have inside information about Juggle, and somehow represent Juggle while pretending to be a member. In that case it is probably just a "gig" for you. The thing is, there are members on this site who socially interact here. Many members may not be excessively social to me or you for that matter, but they deserve to not be deceived, if indeed they are being deceived by you or anyone else.

You got me. I can't hide it anymore. I revealed it in this thread http://www.debate.org... because I just had to get it out. I do work for Juggle. I'm a freelance writer for them getting paid 5 cents for every forum post and poll I remove. It's not great, but it's work.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:43:48 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:41:32 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Do you actually believe I hacked the site in that instance or are you just trolling?

Just kidding. I think you would have more sense than to put your own name down as an rfd for every vote hacked if you did.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:45:21 AM

It is a reasonable and logical conclusion. The only entity that can legitimately remove the filter is the company that owns the site (and that isn't likely, as Peters is alluding to). There are ways to bypass the filter, and I suppose in theory someone could hack the site and remove it (but this is extremely unlikely), but most people would come to the same logical conclusion that PetersSmith posted above.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:48:16 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:43:48 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/19/2016 4:41:32 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Just kidding. I think you would have more sense than to put your own name down as an rfd for every vote hacked if you did.

Alright, I'm happy to hear you don't actually believe that. That was a nightmare scenario for me, and plenty of people did believe at the time that I was involved in mischief, or something unprofessional at least. Thankfully Juggle clarified the whole thing (making it clear I didn't have anything to do with the incident) and then we spent some time improving security and fixing the bug that allowed that to happen.
Debate.org Moderator
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:48:39 AM

I have not painted Peter Smith in any light. Nobody who read what I said and knows nothing else of Peter smith should come away thinking she is good or bad, smart or dumb. mature or immature, athletic or unathaletic.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:52:40 AM

Alright, I'm happy to hear you don't actually believe that. That was a nightmare scenario for me, and plenty of people did believe at the time that I was involved in mischief, or something unprofessional at least. Thankfully Juggle clarified the whole thing (making it clear I didn't have anything to do with the incident) and then we spent some time improving security and fixing the bug that allowed that to happen.

I had no clue anybody ever seriously thought you were involved with that. I know who my main suspect is, and even though they are no longer a member I still would not even be comfortable seriously speculating they did it.

I can't imagine people thinking you have such an emotional stake in that debate that you would risk your reputation or honor.

I'm shocked to hear your honor was questioned there. I don't agree with you on everything, but I think you know I would never question your honor.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:59:40 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:52:40 AM, Wylted wrote:

I had no clue anybody ever seriously thought you were involved with that. I know who my main suspect is, and even though they are no longer a member I still would not even be comfortable seriously speculating they did it.

I can't imagine people thinking you have such an emotional stake in that debate that you would risk your reputation or honor.

I'm shocked to hear your honor was questioned there. I don't agree with you on everything, but I think you know I would never question your honor.

There wasn't any precedent for such a thing happening, so people just made assumptions. I had no connection to that debate at all, so assuming that I wanted the results to go one way or another didn't make sense either.

People thought that Freedo (My VP at the time) and I were just playing a joke, and if they were right, it would have been extremely unprofessional and I should have been impeached and "Fired" from my moderation role, if that was in fact the case.

So I think people just jumped to a conclusion about it, especially since I was so busy dealing with the issue that I had a conspicuous absence for the next day or so, that the event just took a life of its own, and my involvement was the prevailing theory. But it was quickly dispelled when I clarified it for people, and especially when Juggle posted a thread explaining what had happened.

So I don't blame anyone for thinking it was me at first... it was a weird event, and people just didn't know what was going on.
Debate.org Moderator
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:36:57 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:43:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

You got me. I can't hide it anymore. I revealed it in this thread http://www.debate.org... because I just had to get it out. I do work for Juggle. I'm a freelance writer for them getting paid 5 cents for every forum post and poll I remove. It's not great, but it's work.

I was trolling you - lol - but at least you know approximately what they (Juggle via OneSpace) actually pays freelancers which is what I wanted my debate to highlight. I was messing with you since you reclaimed your popularity through my debate.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:38:53 AM
At 6/19/2016 5:36:57 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I was trolling you - lol - but at least you know approximately what they (Juggle via OneSpace) actually pays freelancers which is what I wanted my debate to highlight. I was messing with you since you reclaimed your popularity through my debate.

But you were right all along.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:41:49 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:45:21 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

It is a reasonable and logical conclusion. The only entity that can legitimately remove the filter is the company that owns the site (and that isn't likely, as Peters is alluding to). There are ways to bypass the filter, and I suppose in theory someone could hack the site and remove it (but this is extremely unlikely), but most people would come to the same logical conclusion that PetersSmith posted above.

Lol, I guess I'm not logical then, either that or I noticed many members including had been YYW bypassing the filter for weeks. There was a whole thread with no filter, about no filter, so several members were able to bypass the filter, which reeks of arbitrary allowences. A member, I forget who, had #nofilter in their signature. I tried it but it didn't work, or I didn't know how to format it.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:42:23 AM

haha I don't think Peters is actually making much more than that being my secretary, taking my messages, and getting me coffee... in my defense though, her salary wasn't negotiated through me

Thanks for your vote on the debate btw
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:44:40 AM
At 6/19/2016 5:41:49 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Lol, I guess I'm not logical then, either that or I noticed many members including had been YYW bypassing the filter for weeks. There was a whole thread with no filter, about no filter, so several members were able to bypass the filter, which reeks of arbitrary allowences. A member, I forget who, had #nofilter in their signature. I tried it but it didn't work, or I didn't know how to format it.

haha yeah was just saying that one needn't be a Juggle employee to know that the filter is just gona be around forever... and yeah, the filter isn't a big deal... it's easily bypassed through creative characters, but I still do think it's best we not just outright allow profanity in excess, especially if it's used in a hostile way... but most of that is argued in the debate anyway
Debate.org Moderator
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:49:41 AM
At 6/19/2016 5:42:23 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

haha I don't think Peters is actually making much more than that being my secretary, taking my messages, and getting me coffee... in my defense though, her salary wasn't negotiated through me

.........;)
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 6:02:24 AM
At 6/19/2016 5:44:40 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

haha yeah was just saying that one needn't be a Juggle employee to know that the filter is just gona be around forever... and yeah, the filter isn't a big deal... it's easily bypassed through creative characters, but I still do think it's best we not just outright allow profanity in excess, especially if it's used in a hostile way... but most of that is argued in the debate anyway

Well it's really unfair if some members know how to bypass the filter while others don't. I clicked "reply" to respond to a post a few weeks ago, not looking for a way to bypass the filter and what I noticed was several spaces between "a ss", for example, and the word posted as one word, but it didn't work when I tried it. Not that I cuss constantly (swearing is an oath in my mind and why I say cuss) but I'd prefer to sound literate when I do.

I would have voted different on the debate, btw, had Zmike specifically brought up that some members could use words that others can't.
*hell (just a test)
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 6:19:30 AM
At 6/19/2016 6:02:24 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Well it's really unfair if some members know how to bypass the filter while others don't. I clicked "reply" to respond to a post a few weeks ago, not looking for a way to bypass the filter and what I noticed was several spaces between "a ss", for example, and the word posted as one word, but it didn't work when I tried it. Not that I cuss constantly (swearing is an oath in my mind and why I say cuss) but I'd prefer to sound literate when I do.

I would have voted different on the debate, btw, had Zmike specifically brought up that some members could use words that others can't.
*hell (just a test)

Fair enough, but as I argued in that debate, I do believe this whole thing as it relates to the filter, is entirely frivolous.
Debate.org Moderator
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 6:36:41 AM
At 6/19/2016 5:49:41 AM, Emmarie wrote:

.........;)

I know the truth is hard to accept now, but soon your conspiracy will be that I don't work for Juggle.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 6:38:03 AM
At 6/19/2016 6:19:30 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/19/2016 6:02:24 AM, Emmarie wrote:

*hell (just a test)

Fair enough, but as I argued in that debate, I do believe this whole thing as it relates to the filter, is entirely frivolous.

Not if there really is a DDO elite, that I know is often joked about, but I'm beginning to think there are groups of members who communicate via PMs and share info like the swearing filter that excludes everyone from having the option of cussing with the correct spelling. It kinda shows who is the "in" group, and arbitrarily excludes the "out" group. Zmike calling out the swearing filter, has made me realize that it is indeed a problem on DDO, for the fact that some members can bypass the filter, while others can't. I wish he had highlighted this premise in the debate.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 6:46:52 AM
At 6/19/2016 6:36:41 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

.........;)

I know the truth is hard to accept now, but soon your conspiracy will be that I don't work for Juggle.
What is truth?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 6:47:58 AM
At 6/19/2016 6:46:52 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 6/19/2016 6:36:41 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

.........;)

What is truth?

That I work for Juggle. Airmax even clarified.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln