Good debaters start debating again

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 1:13:03 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Join the revolution.

I'll do more debates after July 1st because the last week of June is *really* busy for me due to irl debate and similar stuff.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 3:41:15 PM
At 6/21/2016 1:13:03 PM, tejretics wrote:
Join the revolution.

I'll do more debates after July 1st because the last week of June is *really* busy for me due to irl debate and similar stuff.

Ive already paid my dues by fighting in those trenches..... Ive had more debates I lost then some people have had total.... I SPENT TWELVE YEARS IN AZKABAN, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 4:02:22 PM
Join the revolution.

I've actually already been doing this. I haven't done that many debates in the last one and a half years, except during summers, because university has been so time consuming. But, it's summer now, and I've already done six debates, with more to come.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 4:04:39 PM
At 6/21/2016 4:02:22 PM, Subutai wrote:
Join the revolution.

I've actually already been doing this. I haven't done that many debates in the last one and a half years, except during summers, because university has been so time consuming. But, it's summer now, and I've already done six debates, with more to come.

Cool -- I read your debate with Wylted, I might vote soon.

Join the revolution and vote Imabench 2016!

[note: I don't really care about the results of the presidential election at this point, all three candidates would probably be a net positive for the site.]
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:41:04 PM
Join the revolution.

I'm down for that. I was actually thinking of running the gauntlet shortly after my 500th debate with BOT.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:48:07 PM
Join the revolution.

I don't know if I count as a "good" debater (probably not) but I think the thing that deters me from doing it more is that I have a really narrow interest in topics, topics that I feel people (other good debaters) generally don't like to debate.

Philosophy, religion, specific social issues, etc.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:50:49 PM
At 6/21/2016 6:48:07 PM, TUF wrote:
Join the revolution.

I don't know if I count as a "good" debater (probably not) but I think the thing that deters me from doing it more is that I have a really narrow interest in topics, topics that I feel people (other good debaters) generally don't like to debate.

Everyone has there own thing, you'll find people out there with the same interests as you I'm sure.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:21:35 PM
Join the revolution.

I'm doing my best :P. We still need to do that intervention debate after the tournament and my debate with bsh.
42lifeuniverseverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:22:58 PM
Join the revolution.

I mean, what qualifies as a good debater? Because honestly no such thing exists. There are only good debates, because debaters can be good or bad depending on the topic they are arguing with someone about. That is why debate is just as much about continual learning, then reaching a "peak" where it is claimed one is the "good debater". It is all in the debate that is being fought in that moment.

At least, that is how I see it.
Is Life meaningless? Is the answer 42? Will we ever know? The Great Conversation answers all.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 8:45:24 PM
Join the revolution.

Me and Danielle have been going overboard in debating in the past few weeks, debating noobs and experienced debaters left and right. It looks like Subutai is busy doing it as well. This was a silent revolution until you mentioned it
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 8:47:30 PM
Join the revolution.

What social issues? Maybe we can make ours more interesting?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 9:05:48 PM
At 6/21/2016 8:45:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
Join the revolution.

Me and Danielle have been going overboard in debating in the past few weeks, debating noobs and experienced debaters left and right. It looks like Subutai is busy doing it as well. This was a silent revolution until you mentioned it

So when are we going to debate? I've been waiting for you <3
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 9:38:51 PM
At 6/21/2016 8:47:30 PM, Wylted wrote:
Join the revolution.

Gay marriage, Gun rights, News related stuff, etc.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:21:02 PM
At 6/21/2016 9:05:48 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Join the revolution.

Whenever wherever, as long as it is the right time and place
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:22:14 PM
At 6/21/2016 9:38:51 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/21/2016 8:47:30 PM, Wylted wrote:
Join the revolution.

Philosophy,b
religion, specific social issues, etc.

Gay marriage, Gun rights, News related stuff, etc.

News related the rest is probably boring.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:24:25 PM
At 6/21/2016 10:21:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Join the revolution.

Middle of town, high noon, no cops are allowed. We gunna have a shoot-out.

(In all seriousness, let's chat in a PM and see if we can do something, it'd be cool since we're right next to each other on the leaderboard).
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:25:50 PM
At 6/21/2016 10:24:25 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/21/2016 10:21:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Join the revolution.

Middle of town, high noon, no cops are allowed. We gunna have a shoot-out.

(In all seriousness, let's chat in a PM and see if we can do something, it'd be cool since we're right next to each other on the leaderboard).

DK is right in front of me. I tried to give him a chance to defend his spot months ago, but he has been ducking me. I will not duck you, yeah PM me
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:32:12 PM
Join the revolution.

I'm on it right after I finish my DDO research ;)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 11:16:01 PM
Join the revolution.

It's only a revolution if you say it in a Brooklyn accent.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:53:18 AM
I noticed. And bsh and whiteflame are doing a debate, and even mikal is doing one. I always do debates, and I don't count myself as a good debater, but in the summer I will do more debates.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:53:41 AM
Join the revolution.

You did quite a lot of debates this month.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 10:55:09 AM
Join the revolution.

Just start a debate on whatever topic you want and put it in the challenge period - problem solved.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 12:07:37 PM
At 6/22/2016 10:55:09 AM, tejretics wrote:
Join the revolution.

Just start a debate on whatever topic you want and put it in the challenge period - problem solved.

Duh