Jump to topic:

Results of best presidential poll so far

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:35:14 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I sent out a poll to who I felt were the 100 or so people most likely to vote. Here is what the questions looked like, and it was as informal as possible so I could attempt to get as much information as possible.

Just trying to take an informal poll that is accurate, on the DDO election. Your help would be appreciated. all answers are anonymous.

1. Who if anyone do you support for DDO presidency?

2. How strongly do you support them?

3. Do you think the president effects your experience on the site in any significant way?

I did do a few things that may be odd here. I did not poll the candidates or their administrations and just put there answers in for them. For example I assumed that Imabench supported himself pretty strongly.

If a candidate had really vocal supporters who refused to answer my poll, I intuited their answers. For example Rosalie ignored my PM, but She has openly supported DK and even has a support DK type hashtag in her signature. I sent a message to 100 people and had a 60% plus response. The members who told me they did not care and seemed unlikely to vote at all, had their responses excluded from the polls.

I do stand behind the accuracy of this poll. I asked people directly so it was completely open. It also recorded the answers of people who would otherwise be unlikely to even bother filling out polls.

Here are the results:

Imabench

Votes-19

Strong support-10

Presidential influence-2

Geogeer

Votes-6

Strong support-5

Presidential influence-1

1harder

Votes-9

Strong support-7

Presidential influence-6

DK/Tuf

Votes-10

Strong support-10

Presidential influence-7

Seventh Professor

Votes-1

Strong support-1

Presidential influence-0

Undecided Voters

Votes-21

Strong support-N/A

Presidential influence-2

Some Interesting Findings

I sometimes prodded people for explanations for their choices. I also had votes like "Harder/Bench" or "Anybody but Bench". So these odd votes and conversations gave me some unique insights.

It is the common perception that 1harder and DK are cutting into each other's voter base. I found that though DK's voters are more likely to opt for 1harder should he drop out, 1Harder's voters were more liely to vote for Bench should he drop out. If the pro president people want to win they stand a better chance if DK drops out. If I were pro president, I wold encourage DK to drop out of the race and support 1harder.

Another interesting thing I discovered is that about 30-40 percent of Bench's voters prefer Geogeer. If they did not view Geogeer as somebody who did not stand a chance, we could easily have a 4 way race. All Geogeer has to do is show some leadership skills and he could perform a coup, on the abolition party. It also seemed that the Geogeer supporters voting for bench tended to be more influential members, so if they switched sides, they would drag people with them. Looking at this makes me think a primary would be a good ideal. A winner of the abolitionist primary would take a commanding lead over both 1harder and DK.

Another trend I noticed is that the undecideds do not find their presence on the site effected by a president. This is a large opportunity for abolitionists to win the undecided votes. The pro presidency people may want to start educating people on their position, because it looks like the undecideds will heavily fall to abolitionists.

Anyway, that is my take. Any questions?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:42:34 AM
At 6/22/2016 4:35:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
It is the common perception that 1harder and DK are cutting into each other's voter base. I found that though DK's voters are more likely to opt for 1harder should he drop out, 1Harder's voters were more liely to vote for Bench should he drop out. If the pro president people want to win they stand a better chance if DK drops out. If I were pro president, I wold encourage DK to drop out of the race and support 1harder.

http://i.imgur.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:44:30 AM
At 6/22/2016 4:42:34 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I was actually shocked by that fact
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:45:57 AM
At 6/22/2016 4:44:30 AM, Wylted wrote:

I've known for a while. My support actually cuts more directly into Bench than DK. This is why I'm so annoyed at high-horse DK supporters and the campaign itself for their collective attitude towards me.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:47:20 AM
At 6/22/2016 4:45:57 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I've known for a while. My support actually cuts more directly into Bench than DK. This is why I'm so annoyed at high-horse DK supporters and the campaign itself for their collective attitude towards me.

If DK wins, he should than you for staying in the race.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:48:33 AM
At 6/22/2016 4:47:20 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/22/2016 4:45:57 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

If DK wins, he should than you for staying in the race.

He won't win without a miracle for a multitude of reasons.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:52:54 AM

It is the common perception that 1harder and DK are cutting into each other's voter base. I found that though DK's voters are more likely to opt for 1harder should he drop out, 1Harder's voters were more liely to vote for Bench should he drop out.

On the list of things I never would have suspected, that is definitely one of the things that I would never have expected
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:54:55 AM
At 6/22/2016 4:52:54 AM, imabench wrote:

It is the common perception that 1harder and DK are cutting into each other's voter base. I found that though DK's voters are more likely to opt for 1harder should he drop out, 1Harder's voters were more liely to vote for Bench should he drop out.

On the list of things I never would have suspected, that is definitely one of the things that I would never have expected

I'm Bernie - my base is comprised of all people in favor of a liberal governance. But if someone brings an establishment politician to the fold, my base will vote for Trump over that candidate.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:55:43 AM

That shocked the hell out of me also. I wonder if a lot of pro president people just dislike him on a personal level, or if it is something I am overlooking.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:58:53 AM
At 6/22/2016 4:55:43 AM, Wylted wrote:

That shocked the hell out of me also. I wonder if a lot of pro president people just dislike him on a personal level, or if it is something I am overlooking.

His platform for some, and for others the attitude DK and TUF take.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:59:05 AM
At 6/22/2016 4:58:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/22/2016 4:55:43 AM, Wylted wrote:

His platform for some, and for others the attitude DK and TUF take.

Or both.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:01:15 AM
If either of you feel that the presidency has value in itself beyond only if you win, then you should hold a primary to decide who will run. That's the only way either of you stand a chance of winning. A primary ensures that in the event you don't win, your second choice wins.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:02:07 AM
You know, people should listen to me more.

And, I did say that I'm probably the most in tune with the personal-level community of the candidates, so that helps.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:08:30 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:01:15 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
If either of you feel that the presidency has value in itself beyond only if you win, then you should hold a primary to decide who will run. That's the only way either of you stand a chance of winning. A primary ensures that in the event you don't win, your second choice wins.

According to my poll DK is unlikely to win a primary. However if he does most of 1harder's votes go to Bench. I guess an endorsement of DK and aggressively helping him campaign on 1harder's part could mitigate that, but this is DDO. People have a mind of their own
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:09:14 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:02:15 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Actually scratch that. That may not be a good idea.

You know that, if I drop out, Bench wins, right?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:09:25 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:02:15 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Actually scratch that. That may not be a good idea.

I read this after my response. Sorry
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:10:35 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:08:30 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/22/2016 5:01:15 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

According to my poll DK is unlikely to win a primary. However if he does most of 1harder's votes go to Bench. I guess an endorsement of DK and aggressively helping him campaign on 1harder's part could mitigate that, but this is DDO. People have a mind of their own

DK's Presidency is about as effective as Bench's conventions. Personally, I think I would have more mobility to help the site with a Bench election than DK.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:17:22 AM
This is actually fvcking hilarious to me. I guess there what happens when you get so sick and tired of other people's sh!t.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:19:20 AM
A poll made via PMs isn't much of a poll. Especially when it's finding are entirely contradictory to 100% of every poll made so far. If every poll says A, and yours says the complete opposite, it makes yours a likely outlier.

Lannan's poll, TBR's poll, IR's poll, and all other polls oppose the findings of your PM-based survey.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:19:21 AM
Question: What does the "Presidential Influence" measurement that each candidate has below their numbers?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:25:21 AM
I strongly like the idea of a primary.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:26:14 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:19:20 AM, donald.keller wrote:
A poll made via PMs isn't much of a poll. Especially when it's finding are entirely contradictory to 100% of every poll made so far. If every poll says A, and yours says the complete opposite, it makes yours a likely outlier.

Lannan's poll, TBR's poll, IR's poll, and all other polls oppose the findings of your PM-based survey.

Yeah, fvck Wylted and his larger sample sizes.

This poll captured more pro-abolition for some reason. I think it accurately shows that more abbies exist than you thought, but it under-represents our combined support.

All in all, this election will probably be a 5-10 vote win for abolition or a 5-10 vote win for the Presidency. I don't think it will be another 1-vote affair, but it is up for grabs.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:32:48 AM

Those types of polls will have the most passionate responders clicking while others sit out. If you look at your supporters they all strongly support you, so they are more likely to complete a poll than say either Bench's supporters or 1harders who are less passionate about the peeson they are backing.

Like I said, 1harder's people also could easily vote Bench, and Bench's could just as easily vote Geogeer.

Less passionate people need prodding to answer polls. I did the prodding, and if you have any potential of making a decision off of this, should it be accurate, I am willing to have the poll audited by a mod.

People gave me answers expecting anonymity. I am willing to give the names to Whiteflame, or BOT or Airmax to have them audit it, but I assure you that you will find no better information to base a campaign strategy on.

Sure other polls may be different. I say they are less accurate for the reasons mentioned.

I even had to pad your numbers a bit to get you that high..

Rosalie and famous debater for example ignored my PM's so I went ahead and assumed they were voting in your favor. I only put in famous and rosalie's answers in regards to the main candidates. I did this in Geogeers behalf for Envisage, and did not assume anything outside of the candidates themself for either the Bench or Harder campaign.

If this is going to be ignored no matter how accurate or inaccurate it is proven, so be it. However if you will base any decisions off of the poll, I did conduct it in a way that allows auditing and am happy to let a moderater audit it, not by revealing the anonymous response, but by revealing to them who is polled and letting them re-ask.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:36:14 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:19:21 AM, imabench wrote:
Question: What does the "Presidential Influence" measurement that each candidate has below their numbers?

I asked them if they felt like the president influenced how their experience was on the site. People that answered zero felt like the president had no influence on their experience here.

I will disclose that plenty of people voting you said the president had a negative influence on their experience here, those people were not included in the list of "president experience" only people who said the president positively influenced their experience on the site.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:39:00 AM
This is very, very interesting indeed. Strategy will be discussed.

The accuracy of this poll is beyond doubt.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:39:04 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:32:48 AM, Wylted wrote:

https://66.media.tumblr.com...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:41:59 AM
At 6/22/2016 5:32:48 AM, Wylted wrote:

Those types of polls will have the most passionate responders clicking while others sit out. If you look at your supporters they all strongly support you, so they are more likely to complete a poll than say either Bench's supporters or 1harders who are less passionate about the peeson they are backing.

^ I can vouch that that is true.... When I did that surveymonkey poll a while back, just about all the people who voted on it were people who are alreayd clearly backing a candidate or strongly support one campaign.

Like I said, 1harder's people also could easily vote Bench, and Bench's could just as easily vote Geogeer.

He hasnt been online in 4 days so I dont think thats gonna happen XD

Less passionate people need prodding to answer polls. I did the prodding, and if you have any potential of making a decision off of this, should it be accurate, I am willing to have the poll audited by a mod.

People gave me answers expecting anonymity. I am willing to give the names to Whiteflame, or BOT or Airmax to have them audit it, but I assure you that you will find no better information to base a campaign strategy on.

Sure other polls may be different. I say they are less accurate for the reasons mentioned.

Rosalie and famous debater for example ignored my PM's so I went ahead and assumed they were voting in your favor. I only put in famous and rosalie's answers in regards to the main candidates. I did this in Geogeers behalf for Envisage, and did not assume anything outside of the candidates themself for either the Bench or Harder campaign.

If this is going to be ignored no matter how accurate or inaccurate it is proven, so be it. However if you will base any decisions off of the poll, I did conduct it in a way that allows auditing and am happy to let a moderater audit it, not by revealing the anonymous response, but by revealing to them who is polled and letting them re-ask.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:49:19 AM
He hasnt been online in 4 days so I dont think thats gonna happen XD

I agree, and the longer he stays gone the more likely his voters will vote for you. Though I think half of his voters hate you and the presidency, so you won't get more than half of them.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:54:17 AM
After conducting this poll and having access to information that can shift who will win the election and giving it a few days thought, I have also decided to be just an impartial observer and abstain from voting in the election. It was tempting to attempt to influence the election, (I played around with the ideal) but it would harm my chances of conducting accurate polling in the future, and I think I want to have accurate polls, more than I want to influence who wins.