**Harder Campaign: What can I do for you?**

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 7:11:07 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Goooooood morninggg--Vietnaaaaaaam!

I mean...hello, DDO. It's been a while - this thread will serve as a reminder for what I stand for - not only as a potential President - but as a member of this site.

I'm back from a few days of vacation in Tennessee with my uncle/aunt and cousins, and I was a bit inactive during that time. Well, I'm back - and I have nothing going on now. Recently, Zmikecuber came back to the site after some months of absence. He quickly posted some criticism of the direction of the site, and as someone who is trying to become President I thought it'd be good to respond to this criticism - as I would represent the site's direction moving forward if elected.

"DDO Is A Wreck"

Like Zmike, I have concern over the state of the site - that's why I'm running to be President. However, I don't think it's a "wreck" - at least not yet. People have a natural nostalgic bias - and I think that shows in Zmike's memtion of old members who are no longer here. And that's a legitimate problem - people outgrow the site, or become too busy to use it, and sometimes different reasons. To counteract this, new members fill the void.

There have been great users to blossom in the past year, like Tejretics, Hayd, Solon (was here previously as a mafia-only member), and members with lots of potential - like Sapphique (who now runs beginner's mafia and has been involved in the Bsh1 admin) and Missbailey8 (who has recently become a good part of the community).

The Presidency is a tool for introducing new members to the community. I currently have two people in my new member mentoring pilot program, and I have identified issues with certain approaches, and I will work tomorrow on a revised system. After I finish that, I plan on adding two or three members to the program.

With this program, I want to fill voids left by members who are fading away. The phrase "the more the merrier" applies to DDO - the President ought to be active in attempts at achieving a vibrant userbase.

So this is what I will do - I will actively work to make sure the future of the DDO userbase is secure, and I hope many of you support this effort. If I am elected, I want my Presidency to be looked at as a something that drove for the security of the site's future. Nothing is more important to me than this - what we do now can have long-lasting effects. We should aim to do something great.

Quantity of voting is extremely important, and thus the site is worse with less quantity

I understand Zmike's position on this: a site where more people vote is a site where more people read the debates - debates being the purpose of the site. However, I fully agree with the existence of voting standards. With these standards, voters that may have just been CVB'ing previously are actively engaged with the arguments. The sheer number of votes may be lessened, but the real engagement isn't much different, if it hasn't gotten better.

That is not to say I do not recognize the need for higher numbers of votes. I think my lack of voting is one of my worst flaws on the site. But the solution to these problems is not to get rid of standards and let DDO be a pure Wild West. The solution is to increase participation in voting through the help of older members. I hope that my mentoring program can help people come into the debate/voting fold and teach them, and therefore it is something I will try to address - though perhaps a bit more indirectly than some other things.

---

Non-Zmike inspired issues

---

The essence of the Presidency

I strongly believe a good President must actively work and lead in the community building of the site. A President who doesn't put in the effort to lead breaks that essence in not following what remains of the Presidency's use.

I will lead, if elected. I will not "delegate" programs to people outside the administration, and benefit off of their hard work. No - if you elect me, you give me the mandate to put as much effort into helping the community as possible. If I fail to do that when leading those aspects of the site, I will have failed at my democratically mandated duty to the site and its members.

DK vs me

Let's be honest, I won't win if DK stays in. However, if I stay in, he might actually have a better chance at winning. This is because a lot of my base is comprised of people who would otherwise vote for Bench. So if I drop out, Bench will win - I guarantee that.

DK is no leader. He delegates, delegates, and delegates more. There is no true difference between such a figurehead and Bench's conventions. Sure, he has the Facebook, but it doesn't exactly take a lot of effort to post content on Facebook, and he can do it now already. Then he plans on cutting some programs from Bsh's administration.

He also has the Elective Administration, which is headed by TUF. So again, DK does not actively participate in the community aspect of his own Presidency. DK will respond to this and say that I am trying to "demonize" him, "slander" his campaign, and things along those lines. I invite anyone reading this to look at his platform - the facts are all there.

What kind of President I would be

I'm not interested in fake power, or stupid things like that. I hate Presidential drama. You all know me. I don't stand for people's BS, and I never will. I am not afraid to take people on - but I know how to respect other people. If someone has the support of any standard of reason, I will respect their view. If not, I will fight their view head-on until it is obvious that nobody is falling for their stupid sh!t, and/or any further conversation with them would be an exercise in futility.

Some of you reading that may think I'm unfit to be the President. Well, I'm not afraid of controversy - and therefore I say that if you think I'm doing something wrong, or I am failing to be fair or fulfill the position correctly, call me out on my sh!t. If I need to change, and I haven't recognized the problem yet, you can call me out. If you have merit, and enough people tell me that I should change something about myself, I will change.

In fact, I'm thinking of writing something up that I would implement if elected - something that would allow users to restrict me and any President who comes after me. I plan on drafting a term limit system, a democratic override rule, a recall system, and some other additions to the Presidential system that I will put through Max during the first week, if elected. I will then put my planned proposals through a public vote, and if the nay vote doesn't go to my planned override threshold (I don't expect to be, given what would be proposed), I will give the members of DDO the ability to restrict me and remove me from office if I fvck up enough - on top of my blessing to publicly call me out on whatever is fitting to be criticized.

If I'm elected, I want the people of DDO to keep me in check. I won't hide behind sycophants and cronies.

Liaison to Max and conflicts

I will work directly with Max for anyone who asks for my assistance. If called upon for peacemaking, I have proposed a system for member-led conflict resolution - and I myself will be available to anyone who asks for advice.

This isn't just about keeping the site clean from any drama. I love a hippie-love party as much as the next guy, but the nature of the site gets people at each others' throats. Drama is a force for good, if used correctly.

Anyway, I'm running out of space. If elected, I will be a President for you - the collective of DDO. I don't care about the title, I want to use the position for leveraging programs to benefit the community. I want to help users in conflict. What I want, and what many others do as well, is for the site to grow and prosper now and in the future.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 7:45:04 AM
At 6/22/2016 7:11:07 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Well, the lawn could be mowed...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 7:47:03 AM
At 6/22/2016 7:45:04 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Well, the lawn could be mowed...

Lol

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 8:01:32 AM
My criticism would be your thoughts on delegation. Real leaders do delegate a lot. You delegate tasks that get in the way of you doing more important things. Delegation allows you to do more. This is not to say you should not also serve. A leader should serve more than anyone, but they can serve more by delegating things to people who can do them better, or delegating menial tasks that get in the way of having time for the bigger picture things.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 12:52:19 PM
He also has the Elective Administration, which is headed by TUF. So again, DK does not actively participate in the community aspect of his own Presidency. DK will respond to this and say that I am trying to "demonize" him, "slander" his campaign, and things along those lines. I invite anyone reading this to look at his platform - the facts are all there.

If you are not going to delegate your VP, or Hayd to do anything, what exactly is their role in your ticket?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:16:30 PM
At 6/22/2016 8:01:32 AM, Wylted wrote:
My criticism would be your thoughts on delegation. Real leaders do delegate a lot. You delegate tasks that get in the way of you doing more important things. Delegation allows you to do more. This is not to say you should not also serve. A leader should serve more than anyone, but they can serve more by delegating things to people who can do them better, or delegating menial tasks that get in the way of having time for the bigger picture things.

My issue is not delegation of *some work* but of entire programs.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:19:31 PM
At 6/22/2016 12:52:19 PM, TUF wrote:

If you are not going to delegate your VP, or Hayd to do anything, what exactly is their role in your ticket?

Hayd helps me with outreach and mentoring, and Solon keeps me in check and will play a role in all of my programs.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:30:19 PM
At 6/22/2016 4:16:30 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Who's to say that it's really delegation in the first place?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:31:35 PM
At 6/22/2016 4:30:19 PM, lannan13 wrote:

In what regard? And for the entire program or smaller things?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:32:39 PM
At 6/22/2016 4:31:35 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

What I'm talking about is how some people could really just be appart of his campaign, but aren't really publically. It would appeal to the abbies, but in all reality, he's the one running the show behind the scenes.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:34:39 PM
At 6/22/2016 4:32:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/22/2016 4:31:35 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

What I'm talking about is how some people could really just be appart of his campaign, but aren't really publically. It would appeal to the abbies, but in all reality, he's the one running the show behind the scenes.

Nobody is running my administration that isn't me. As for DK, I'd say TUF has more power than him.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 7:02:33 PM

Why? Should the CEO of Walmart personally be in charge of every program and running it personally? Marketing? Security? Incentive programs? Recruiting? Human resourcess?

It seems he could do a better job if he let somebody more qualified take care of those things so he could glfocus on creating new programs and expanding.

It also seems like he can spend more time on important stuff, if he decides not to clean the bathrooms, change the trashcans and power wash the sidewalk.

Whoever told you that delegation is bad, or told you a leader should do most of the work is wrong. A leader should lead. Delegating does not mean ceding control.

I've never seen a successful organization, even a small one, where the leader is not delegating a massive amount of things.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 8:26:35 PM
At 6/22/2016 7:02:33 PM, Wylted wrote:

Whoever told you that delegation is bad, or told you a leader should do most of the work is wrong. A leader should lead. Delegating does not mean ceding control.

The literal definition of delegate in verb form is "to entrust (a task or responsibility) to another person", meaning that yes, delegating does mean ceding control to someone else
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 11:53:31 PM
At 6/22/2016 8:26:35 PM, imabench wrote:

The literal definition of delegate in verb form is "to entrust (a task or responsibility) to another person", meaning that yes, delegating does mean ceding control to someone else

I don't think so. Are you really giving up control if you are monitoring progress, setting benchmarks and creating policies for somebody to follow?

You are still managing those areas, despite delegating those tasks to somebody else.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 8:26:10 PM

Why? Should the CEO of Walmart personally be in charge of every program and running it personally? Marketing? Security? Incentive programs? Recruiting? Human resourcess?

It seems he could do a better job if he let somebody more qualified take care of those things so he could glfocus on creating new programs and expanding.

It also seems like he can spend more time on important stuff, if he decides not to clean the bathrooms, change the trashcans and power wash the sidewalk.

I've never seen a successful organization, even a small one, where the leader is not delegating a massive amount of things.

I feel like delegating in this small of an area is just laziness.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 5:23:25 PM

I love that movie!

I mean...hello, DDO. It's been a while - this thread will serve as a reminder for what I stand for - not only as a potential President - but as a member of this site.

I'm back from a few days of vacation in Tennessee with my uncle/aunt and cousins, and I was a bit inactive during that time. Well, I'm back - months of absence. He quickly posted some criticism of the direction of the site, and as someone who is trying to become President I thought it'd be good to respond to this criticism - as I would represent the site's direction moving forward if elected.

"DDO Is A Wreck"

Like Zmike, I have concern over the state of the site - that's why I'm running to be President. However, I don't think it's a "wreck" - at least not yet. People have a natural nostalgic bias - and I think that shows in Zmike's memtion of old members who are no longer here. And that's a legitimate problem - people outgrow the site, or become too busy to use it, and sometimes different reasons. To counteract this, new members fill the void.

There have been great users to blossom in the past year, like Tejretics, Hayd, Solon (was here previously as a mafia-only member), and members with lots of potential - like Sapphique (who now runs beginner's mafia and has been involved in the Bsh1 admin) and Missbailey8 (who has recently become a good part of the community).

The Presidency is a tool for introducing new members to the community. I currently have two people in my new member mentoring pilot program, and I have identified issues with certain approaches, and I will work tomorrow on a revised system. After I finish that, I plan on adding two or three members to the program.

With this program, I want to fill voids left by members who are fading away. The phrase "the more the merrier" applies to DDO - the President ought to be active in attempts at achieving a vibrant userbase.

So this is what I will do - I will actively work to make sure the future of the DDO userbase is secure, and I hope many of you support this effort. If I am elected, I want my Presidency to be looked at as a something that drove for the security of the site's future. Nothing is more important to me than this - what we do now can have long-lasting effects. We should aim to do something great.

Quantity of voting is extremely important, and thus the site is worse with less quantity

I understand Zmike's position on this: a site where more people vote is a site where more people read the debates - debates being the purpose of the site. However, I fully agree with the existence of voting standards. With these standards, voters that may have just been CVB'ing previously are actively engaged with the arguments. The sheer number of votes may be lessened, but the real engagement isn't much different, if it hasn't gotten better.

That is not to say I do not recognize the need for higher numbers of votes. I think my lack of voting is one of my worst flaws on the site. But the solution to these problems is not to get rid of standards and let DDO be a pure Wild West. The solution is to increase participation in voting through the help of older members. I hope that my mentoring program can help people come into the debate/voting fold and teach them, and therefore it is something I will try to address - though perhaps a bit more indirectly than some other things.

---

---

I strongly believe a good President must actively work and lead in the community building of the site. A President who doesn't put in the effort to lead breaks that essence in not following what remains of the Presidency's use.

I will lead, if elected. I will not "delegate" programs to people outside the administration, and benefit off of their hard work. No - if you elect me, you give me the mandate to put as much effort into helping the community as possible. If I fail to do that when leading those aspects of the site, I will have failed at my democratically mandated duty to the site and its members.

DK vs me

Let's be honest, I won't win if DK stays in. However, if I stay in, he might actually have a better chance at winning. This is because a lot of my base is comprised of people who would otherwise vote for Bench. So if I drop out, Bench will win - I guarantee that.

DK is no leader. He delegates, delegates, and delegates more. There is no true difference between such a figurehead and Bench's conventions. Sure, he has the Facebook, but it doesn't exactly take a lot of effort to post content on Facebook, and he can do it now already. Then he plans on cutting some programs from Bsh's administration.

I'm not interested in fake power, or stupid things like that. I hate Presidential drama. You all know me. I don't stand for people's BS, and I never will. I am not afraid to take people on - but I know how to respect other people. If someone has the support of any standard of reason, I will respect their view. If not, I will fight their view head-on until it is obvious that nobody is falling for their stupid sh!t, and/or any further conversation with them would be an exercise in futility.

Some of you reading that may think I'm unfit to be the President. Well, I'm not afraid of controversy - and therefore I say that if you think I'm doing something wrong, or I am failing to be fair or fulfill the position correctly, call me out on my sh!t. If I need to change, and I haven't recognized the problem yet, you can call me out. If you have merit, and enough people tell me that I should change something about myself, I will change.

In fact, I'm thinking of writing something up that I would implement if elected - something that would allow users to restrict me and any President who comes after me. I plan on drafting a term limit system, a democratic override rule, a recall system, and some other additions to the Presidential system that I will put through Max during the first week, if elected. I will then put my planned proposals through a public vote, and if the nay vote doesn't go to my planned override threshold (I don't expect to be, given what would be proposed), I will give the members of DDO the ability to restrict me and remove me from office if I fvck up enough - on top of my blessing to publicly call me out on whatever is fitting to be criticized.

If I'm elected, I want the people of DDO to keep me in check. I won't hide behind sycophants and cronies.

I will work directly with Max for anyone who asks for my assistance. If called upon for peacemaking, I have proposed a system for member-led conflict resolution - and I myself will be available to anyone who asks for advice.

This isn't just about keeping the site clean from any drama. I love a hippie-love party as much as the next guy, but the nature of the site gets people at each others' throats. Drama is a force for good, if used correctly.

Anyway, I'm running out of space. If elected, I will be a President for you - the collective of DDO. I don't care about the title, I want to use the position for leveraging programs to benefit the community. I want to help users in conflict. What I want, and what many other
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 5:33:28 PM
At 6/25/2016 5:23:25 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

I love that

"DDO Is A Wreck"

---

---

DK vs me

some people would call what you are doing right now .
Unethical.
How long have you been searching for bad DK posts ?
Keep looking. This kind of makes me want to vote for DK now.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 10:46:13 PM
At 6/25/2016 5:33:28 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 6/25/2016 5:23:25 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
some people would call what you are doing right now .
Unethical.
How long have you been searching for bad DK posts ?
Keep looking. This kind of makes me want to vote for DK now.

So what do you want me to do? Not point out what I perceive as flaws in another platform? How am I supposed to argue why my position is better without stating the opposition?

You're telling me to tell into an echo chamber of people who already support me. To run a campaign you have to argue your position to undecided voters. Nobody is holding hands in a circle here.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 10:55:41 PM
What can I do for you?

Can you make me a sandwich?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 10:59:53 PM
At 6/25/2016 10:55:41 PM, Fkkize wrote:
What can I do for you?

Can you make me a sandwich?

I can. The question is how to get this sandwich to you.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:17:22 AM
At 6/22/2016 1:41:05 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
What can I do for you?

1. Drastically reduce vote moderation.
2. Resign.

Yes, that would be lovely.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:19:28 AM

If elected, what is your administration's first and most immidate priority.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:35:27 AM
At 6/26/2016 12:19:28 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Establishing and manning my programs.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:39:46 AM
At 6/26/2016 12:35:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Which one is the most important, in your opinion?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:40:32 AM
At 6/26/2016 12:39:46 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Outreach.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:49:25 AM
At 6/26/2016 12:40:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Outreach.

Good touch, very good.

What makes your Outreach program, better than DK's?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:49:49 AM
At 6/26/2016 12:49:25 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Outreach.

Good touch, very good.

His doesn't exist.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:54:22 AM
At 6/26/2016 12:49:49 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:49:25 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Outreach.

Good touch, very good.

His doesn't exist.

Ah, I see.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:22:14 PM

The Presidency is a tool for introducing new members to the community.

Why can't new members introduce themselves? Why do they the Presidency for that?

That literally makes no sense at all.

So this is what I will do - I will actively work to make sure the future of the DDO userbase is secure

What does that even mean? How is a userbase secure? Again, makes no sense.

Word salad.

You're failing right now.

I'm not interested in fake power, or stupid things like that.

And yet, the Presidency has no power, it's all fake.

I hate Presidential drama.

Yet, you create it.

You all know me. I don't stand for people's BS, and I never will. I am not afraid to take people on - but I know how to respect other people. If someone has the support of any standard of reason, I will respect their view. If not, I will fight their view head-on until it is obvious that nobody is falling for their stupid sh!t, and/or any further conversation with them would be an exercise in futility.

Your OP is full of stupid sh1t, why aren't you fighting that?

Some of you reading that may think I'm unfit to be the President.

On the contrary, you are fit to be the President here, as would be any buffoon who wishes to do so.

Fake facades don't require sycophants and cronies.

Your advice is as worthless as any other, having the title "President" will not change that.

This isn't just about keeping the site clean from any drama. I love a hippie-love party as much as the next guy, but the nature of the site gets people at each others' throats.

Is that because it's an online forum where people debate things? You're a friggin genius.

Drama is a force for good, if used correctly.

Anyway, I'm running out of space. If elected, I will be a President for you - the collective of DDO. I don't care about the title, I want to use the position for leveraging programs to benefit the community. I want to help users in conflict. What I want

Yes, it is all about what you want.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth