Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

New Forum Categories

JuliaD
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:07:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Several members have mentioned that they would like to see some additional forum categories created on DDO. I am trying to build a list of suggested forum categories to add to the site and would like to gather suggestions. I already have two categories that several members have mentioned - Philosophy and a Mafia forum.

If you have suggestions can you list the top 3 forum categories that you would like to see added the site? For example,

1) Philosophy
2) Mafia
3) Guns n Roses

Thanks - Julia
FREEDO
Posts: 21,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:14:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:12:48 PM, Puck wrote:
1. Philosophy

2. Games (Mafia + the rest)

Yes, perhaps not just Mafia but all such games in one.

3. Blog (?) - no real idea. :P
THE CHOSEN ONE

Also Grand Poobah of DDO
FREEDO
Posts: 21,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:21:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:18:04 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
1. Philosophy
2. Economics
3. Maybe an Environment/Global Warming/Eco board

Economics isn't too close to politics?
THE CHOSEN ONE

Also Grand Poobah of DDO
FREEDO
Posts: 21,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:21:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:20:17 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Also, maybe a "Personal" board where people can post or discuss personal issues.

If lovelife gets her own thread I want one too.
THE CHOSEN ONE

Also Grand Poobah of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:23:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I think what also needs to be addressed in a merging of boards, for example, Arts and Entertainment.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:23:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:22:44 PM, Puck wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:18:04 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
3. Maybe an Environment/Global Warming/Eco board

We have science. :P

That's why I changed it. You could technically give it its own board, though. I mean, seriously--health and sports could fit under science and entertainment.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:24:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
1. Philosophy
2. Games/Mafia (I'd prefer a board for just mafia, because of those mafia-board specific features that someone suggested in that other thread)
3. Economics
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:25:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Why don't we add unclassifiable . . . ?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:25:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:23:19 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I think what also needs to be addressed in a merging of boards, for example, Arts and Entertainment.

Agreed. It shall be called....Arts & Entertainment.
THE CHOSEN ONE

Also Grand Poobah of DDO
FREEDO
Posts: 21,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:27:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I think a philosophy board is the big one. Too many times I've had to put something in religion that doesn't really belong there.
THE CHOSEN ONE

Also Grand Poobah of DDO
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:28:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:27:02 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I think a philosophy board is the big one. Too many times I've had to put something in religion that doesn't really belong there.

I know what you mean sometimes I put things in society and they do not belong there either . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:31:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:18:22 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:18:04 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
1. Philosophy
2. Economics
3. Forum Games

This.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:34:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Suggested boards & proponents:

Philosophy:
Puck
FREEDO
Cody_Franklin
JBlake
mongeese

Games:
Puck
FREEDO
JBlake
mongeese

Blog:
Puck
FREEDO
Cody_Franklin
JBlake

Economics:
Cody_Franklin
JBlake
mongeese

Merging of Arts and Entertainment:
I-am-a-panda
FREEDO
THE CHOSEN ONE

Also Grand Poobah of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:38:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:21:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:20:17 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Also, maybe a "Personal" board where people can post or discuss personal issues.

If lovelife gets her own thread I want one too.

Yeah, that's an invitation to a bad direction.

Also any environmental issues can be covered in either science or politics depending.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:38:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:34:35 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Suggested boards & proponents:

Philosophy:
Puck
FREEDO
Cody_Franklin
JBlake
mongeese
SuperRobotWars

Games:
Puck
FREEDO
JBlake
mongeese

Blog:
Puck
FREEDO
Cody_Franklin
JBlake

Economics:
Cody_Franklin
JBlake
mongeese

Merging of Arts and Entertainment:
I-am-a-panda
FREEDO
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:39:44 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:38:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:21:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:20:17 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Also, maybe a "Personal" board where people can post or discuss personal issues.

If lovelife gets her own thread I want one too.

Yeah, that's an invitation to a bad direction.

Also any environmental issues can be covered in either science or politics depending.

I actually like the blog idea. There's a lot of personal stuff that gets said on DDO, especially in misc.
THE CHOSEN ONE

Also Grand Poobah of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:40:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:38:48 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:34:35 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Suggested boards & proponents:

Philosophy:
Puck
FREEDO
Cody_Franklin
JBlake
mongeese
SuperRobotWars

Games:
Puck
Cody
FREEDO
JBlake
mongeese

Blog/Personal:
Puck
FREEDO
Cody_Franklin
JBlake

Economics:
Cody_Franklin
JBlake
mongeese

Merging of Arts and Entertainment:
I-am-a-panda
FREEDO

I posted a revise with my support for a Forum Games board. :P
innomen
Posts: 10,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2010 4:41:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/17/2010 4:39:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:38:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:21:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/17/2010 4:20:17 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Also, maybe a "Personal" board where people can post or discuss personal issues.

If lovelife gets her own thread I want one too.

Yeah, that's an invitation to a bad direction.

Also any environmental issues can be covered in either science or politics depending.

I actually like the blog idea. There's a lot of personal stuff that gets said on DDO, especially in misc.

That would be Charlesb's forum.