Total Posts:142|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

****OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT RE: YYW*****nac

YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:10:00 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Really though, this is the question:

Do you believe that calling someone stupid or an idiot justifies a permanent ban? Please respond below.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:14:18 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16,

Just so no one that is uninformed is manipulated by this crap - the above is a blatant lie. I never spoke to Airmax and asked him ban YYW. I haven't spoken to Airmax in months actually.

I don't know if the others have but considering YYW decided to lie about me, there's a good chance he's lying about them as well.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:20:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:14:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I don't know if the others have but considering YYW decided to lie about me, there's a good chance he's lying about them as well.

He is.

I didn't mention any names or say anything about banning him (though a temp-ban was obviously implied in the context of the discussion).

In any case, I am busy at the moment, but will address this thread to the extent appropriate, in an hour or so.
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:31:39 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.

But but but, feelings are a human right. The UN said so and so did my feminist studies professor.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:32:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I think if Max wanted to ban you, it wouldn't be because you're abrasive. I'm abrasive and Max has never told me to "stop". I think the problem (I could of course be wrong) is things like this: "You are what is wrong with America." (http://www.debate.org...), "Do you have friends who are not imaginary?" (http://www.debate.org...), "ROFLMAO I'll bet you didn't even graduate high school" (http://www.debate.org...), "Like I said, you're an idiot. And not just a garden variety idiot, but rather a uniquely stupid one. You think your language there has meaning that it does not. This is because you are an idiot. I explained to you above why your language did not mean what you think it meant. You have now twice failed to understand it. That is because you are an idiot. Yet again you are trying to be clever, and failing... because you are an idiot. Be less stupid in the future, for your own sake. Until then, I shall continue to laugh at you." (http://www.debate.org...), "I often wonder if it is within Ford's ability to write coherent sentences. So far, he has yet to prove that he can." (http://www.debate.org...), "Oh... I just saw that you are 14. I might have moderated my tone if I'd seen that before I wrote the above. Your perspective is delusional, but I might not have been so demeaning if I'd realized you were just a kid." (http://www.debate.org...), "You're a terrorist sympathizer.... so... of course you're going to be blind to the crimes of Muslim refugees." (http://www.debate.org...), "You are the most dishonest person I have ever seen...You're a terrorist sympathizer, and you have no place in any western country if that is your view. Get out. Hopefully Trump will deport you...I would be ashamed to be as dishonest as you are, but then again, I'm not a terrorist sympathizer like you are, or an Islamic apologist. You'd probably have come to the Nazi's defense, too. Total garbage." (http://www.debate.org...), "If you get "monolithic" from "world wide religion" then I think there's pretty much no point in even speaking." (http://www.debate.org...), "Pathetic, you stupid troll. Just pathetic...I often wonder why people like you even bother to post on a site like this, though I'm guessing you found your way in because of the opinion section. No argument. No analysis. Just being a douche. You're pretty much a worthless member." (http://www.debate.org...), "Then you should learn to read. In fact, if you were literate, we might have fewer problems with your lack of understanding." (http://www.debate.org...), "Reality is that for me to do that would be to indulge F-16, and really no matter who I chose, he would still have an issue with it. But again, as I have said multiple times here and elsewhere, there is literally no person on this site who cares what he thinks with respect to vote moderation...He is stupid and a net detriment to this site, so I persist. I also kind of enjoy it. (http://www.debate.org...), "This is idiotic at a level unreached on DDO in many years. You are a uniquely poor commenter, and your conclusions are entirely unfounded, yet, you recalcitrantly insist on asserting them. Frankly you should leave DDO if this is all you have to offer. Utterly pathetic." (http://www.debate.org...). *Note that all of this is just from the past week so no doubt this has been a build-up*

This isn't being "abrasive". This is bullying behavior, as I mentioned to you before. It's hurtful and deplorable behavior and you should be ashamed of yourself. Max would never "ban" you because other people are out to get you. There's no "hidden agenda" no matter how hard you try to find one. Of course you don't care. You'll just dismiss this. You'll say something like "it's funny Peters thinks what she says actually matters". Or maybe you'll go an even worse route and start insulting me like you do with every one else you don't like (you've even ran members you don't like off the site, like Endark, and continue to tell those you don't like to leave the site). I hope one day you'll see an error in your ways, but it's unlikely considering you believe you are "objectively right about everything and everyone who disagrees with you is stupid". Any "consequence" you face (or have faced) is brought upon by your own doing, without anyone having a "personal vendetta" against you (especially not a mod like whiteflame). You're so lucky Max has such a heart (so much so I'm surprised he even mentioned permanently banning you) that he's so reluctant to do something about a bully like you.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:32:16 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:10:00 AM, YYW wrote:
Really though, this is the question:

Do you believe that calling someone stupid or an idiot justifies a permanent ban? Please respond below.

No, this is a debate site. Discussions get heated and out of hand, nothing wrong with that.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:32:34 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.

OK. Lets get some sh1t straight.

YYW, straight-up.

What discussion of banning?
Perm or temp?
What was the actual issue (post)?

I think, yeah, YYW is abrasive. He is an arrogant prick. Hell, its two things I like about him. However, there MAY be reason to ban you, I have no f**king clue.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:37:55 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.
First, I'd like to apologize for not being the nicest to you in the past. Second, if you are banned from this site for tackling snowflake SJWs, then I'm going to be leaving this site until further notice. This is complete nonsense. And no, someone should not be banned for calling someone else an idiot. I've been called that many times, and the perpetrator has never been reprimanded. It appears this website's moderators are biased.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
42lifeuniverseverything
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:42:06 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So you cannot learn new habits? Then that is your problem. Don't complain to us about your nature if you do not wish to change it.

Just saying.
Is Life meaningless? Is the answer 42? Will we ever know? The Great Conversation answers all.
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:42:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:32:34 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.

OK. Lets get some sh1t straight.

YYW, straight-up.

What discussion of banning?
Perm or temp?
What was the actual issue (post)?

I think, yeah, YYW is abrasive. He is an arrogant prick. Hell, its two things I like about him. However, there MAY be reason to ban you, I have no f**king clue.

There is no reason other than that i have called someone an idiot or stupid. That is literally the begining and end of it.

The problem is that people keep whining. It's always the same people. The people I mentioned.

I knew this was coming when Airmax once offered bsh1 a mod position, because only bsh1 could have such spectacularly bad judgment as to think that people should be banned for calling people idiots or stupid.
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:43:46 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:20:27 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I didn't mention any names or say anything about banning him (though a temp-ban was obviously implied in the context of the discussion).

In any case, I am busy at the moment, but will address this thread to the extent appropriate, in an hour or so.

Of course you didn't mention names, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's really going on.
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:44:35 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:32:16 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:10:00 AM, YYW wrote:
Really though, this is the question:

Do you believe that calling someone stupid or an idiot justifies a permanent ban? Please respond below.

No, this is a debate site. Discussions get heated and out of hand, nothing wrong with that.

Well I obviously agree, but there are people who want me gone. They are winning right now.
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:47:54 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Btw. I am happy, as always, to reveal PM's.

I know Airmax didn't find the initial list of reasons. It was either bsh1 or PEtersmith. Both actively harm the site.
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:48:24 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I mean, since I now know it wasn't F16, that does narrow down the list. I'm glad it wasn't him, though.
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:48:25 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:37:55 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.
First, I'd like to apologize for not being the nicest to you in the past. Second, if you are banned from this site for tackling snowflake SJWs, then I'm going to be leaving this site until further notice. This is complete nonsense. And no, someone should not be banned for calling someone else an idiot. I've been called that many times, and the perpetrator has never been reprimanded. It appears this website's moderators are biased.

Read what I posted. There's no bias here.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:49:50 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:48:25 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:37:55 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.
First, I'd like to apologize for not being the nicest to you in the past. Second, if you are banned from this site for tackling snowflake SJWs, then I'm going to be leaving this site until further notice. This is complete nonsense. And no, someone should not be banned for calling someone else an idiot. I've been called that many times, and the perpetrator has never been reprimanded. It appears this website's moderators are biased.

Read what I posted. There's no bias here.
Actually, I think there is. I've seen people say similar things to what YYW has said (the only difference being they are liberals), and they have yet to be reprimanded for their behavior.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:50:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:47:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Btw. I am happy, as always, to reveal PM's.

I know Airmax didn't find the initial list of reasons. It was either bsh1 or PEtersmith. Both actively harm the site.
I'm sure there are more. This website has its handful of snowflakes.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:51:03 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:49:50 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:48:25 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:37:55 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.
First, I'd like to apologize for not being the nicest to you in the past. Second, if you are banned from this site for tackling snowflake SJWs, then I'm going to be leaving this site until further notice. This is complete nonsense. And no, someone should not be banned for calling someone else an idiot. I've been called that many times, and the perpetrator has never been reprimanded. It appears this website's moderators are biased.

Read what I posted. There's no bias here.
Actually, I think there is. I've seen people say similar things to what YYW has said (the only difference being they are liberals), and they have yet to be reprimanded for their behavior.

As Max always says to me, there is a lot of stuff that goes on privately. YYW just decides to make his consequences public for some reason.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:53:58 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:44:35 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:32:16 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:10:00 AM, YYW wrote:
Really though, this is the question:

Do you believe that calling someone stupid or an idiot justifies a permanent ban? Please respond below.

No, this is a debate site. Discussions get heated and out of hand, nothing wrong with that.

Well I obviously agree, but there are people who want me gone. They are winning right now.

Deja vu.
I would prefer not to.
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:55:24 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:50:44 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:47:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Btw. I am happy, as always, to reveal PM's.

I know Airmax didn't find the initial list of reasons. It was either bsh1 or PEtersmith. Both actively harm the site.
I'm sure there are more. This website has its handful of snowflakes.

Indeed. Special snowflakes who are so sensitive that they think their right to not be offended means they can have people banned for being called idiots.
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:55:52 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:53:58 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:44:35 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:32:16 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:10:00 AM, YYW wrote:
Really though, this is the question:

Do you believe that calling someone stupid or an idiot justifies a permanent ban? Please respond below.

No, this is a debate site. Discussions get heated and out of hand, nothing wrong with that.

Well I obviously agree, but there are people who want me gone. They are winning right now.

Deja vu.

I know, right?

I knew this day would come. I didn't think it would come so soon, but I knew it would come.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:57:06 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:51:03 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:49:50 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:48:25 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:37:55 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:06:13 AM, YYW wrote:
Max wants to permanently ban me because I am an abrasive guy. He is tired of being hassled by bsh1, whiteflame, F16, slo, and the others on the site who want nothing more than to make me shut up and go away.

I am never not going to be abrasive. That is who I am.

So, if this continues, I'm going to be permanently banned because of members who do this. It is manifestly unreasonable, and totally unfair. But these are the facts. This has been a long time coming.

Here is the deal though...

My right to express my thoughts in the way I chose is not outweighed by someone else's right not to be offended. But, it seems Max disagrees. He's been going down this route for a while. It is sad.

It is sad because this place used to be a place where vigorous discussion was allowed, but now it is not. It's not because there are types of people here on this site who report me to Max whenever I say something that offends them.

No one has a right not to be offended. Period. But that's not how things work on DDO anymore.

It wasn't when I was banned before for doing something that everyone else does every day (i.e. cross contamination), and it's not now. There is a double standard, and it is caused by the whiny members who bitch about other people who see things differently than they do.

So this is where we are. I thought you all deserved to know.

Max is welcome to give his perspective here as well. I'm sure he will. This is what DDO has become.
First, I'd like to apologize for not being the nicest to you in the past. Second, if you are banned from this site for tackling snowflake SJWs, then I'm going to be leaving this site until further notice. This is complete nonsense. And no, someone should not be banned for calling someone else an idiot. I've been called that many times, and the perpetrator has never been reprimanded. It appears this website's moderators are biased.

Read what I posted. There's no bias here.
Actually, I think there is. I've seen people say similar things to what YYW has said (the only difference being they are liberals), and they have yet to be reprimanded for their behavior.

As Max always says to me, there is a lot of stuff that goes on privately. YYW just decides to make his consequences public for some reason.
Okay, I think I'll just stop talking to you for today and stay true to my words before, as it appears you have an extreme bias and/or dislike for YYW.

Have a nice night, Ms. Smith!
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:58:03 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:55:24 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:50:44 AM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:47:54 AM, YYW wrote:
Btw. I am happy, as always, to reveal PM's.

I know Airmax didn't find the initial list of reasons. It was either bsh1 or PEtersmith. Both actively harm the site.
I'm sure there are more. This website has its handful of snowflakes.

Indeed. Special snowflakes who are so sensitive that they think their right to not be offended means they can have people banned for being called idiots.
"Idiot" is a very mild offense, I've seen people say much worse and not get banned (I'm assuming because the moderators agree with them politically).
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
YYW
Posts: 41,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:00:12 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
It is no coincidence that Petersmith has a running list of things. She has been gunning for me to be banned for ages, which is yet another driving force.

She is just a passive aggressive vindictive troll.
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:01:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 2:00:12 AM, YYW wrote:
It is no coincidence that Petersmith has a running list of things. She has been gunning for me to be banned for ages, which is yet another driving force.

She is just a passive aggressive vindictive troll.

Just the response I expected. At least you're consistent.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:04:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 1:32:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

How do you have a list of these many posts? Did you get Bossy to digs these up?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:06:16 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/27/2016 2:04:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 1:32:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

How do you have a list of these many posts? Did you get Bossy to digs these up?

As I said, they're his posts from the past week. It really wasn't hard. I don't think that qualifies as "digging it up".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...