Jump to topic:

Leaving temporarily

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 8:54:27 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I'm leaving Debate.org temporarily as a form of protest against YYW's ban.

I find it to be unfair, disappointing, and it gives a bad name to a debating website.

Debates get heated occasionally, this is a reality that we must accept. On a site like this, we shouldn't be so weak that we ban everyone who calls someone an "idiot."

Ultimately, I encourage you to partake in this protest that will occur from now (June 27th) until next Sunday (July 3rd).

Thank you for participating. This will be my last post.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 8:59:24 PM
At 6/27/2016 8:54:27 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

I find it to be unfair, disappointing, and it gives a bad name to a debating website.

Debates get heated occasionally, this is a reality that we must accept. On a site like this, we shouldn't be so weak that we ban everyone who calls someone an "idiot."

Ultimately, I encourage you to partake in this protest that will occur from now (June 27th) until next Sunday (July 3rd).

Lol, bye. Enjoy your break.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:40:57 PM
At 6/27/2016 8:59:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

He'll probably be back tomorrow.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:42:39 PM

Why do you think that saying this is important. On top of that, why do you think that you leaving is going to somehow impact the site to the point where we re-evaluate our rules and regs? No offense, but no one really knows who you are, so any impact you are trying for is pratically useless. Just stop with this publicity stunt.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:54:46 PM
At 6/27/2016 9:42:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Why do you think that saying this is important. On top of that, why do you think that you leaving is going to somehow impact the site to the point where we re-evaluate our rules and regs? No offense, but no one really knows who you are, so any impact you are trying for is pratically useless. Just stop with this publicity stunt.

Why was he banned?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:58:36 PM
At 6/27/2016 9:54:46 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Why was he banned?

http://www.debate.org...

TL;DR: Repeated insulting and incredibly hostile behavior, despite being warned several times.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:03:25 PM
At 6/27/2016 9:40:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:

"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:04:44 PM
At 6/27/2016 10:03:25 PM, SamStevens wrote:

He's still on as well.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:06:27 PM
Do you even know what he was banned for?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:21:34 PM
I absolutely agree. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and temporarily leave the site too. Together, we'll show everybody who's boss! This may seem like a meaningless exercise in moral posturing, but in reality, by depriving the site of our irreplaceable presences, we'll bring DDO to its proverbial knees. Airmax will be forced to change his ways and lift the ban on YYW.

Join us in our fight for justice & liberty!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:31:37 PM

Dont come back
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:36:48 PM
For the record, insulting others is not necessary or useful for debate. Truly good debate should set aside ad hominems in favor of substantive commentary.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:39:07 PM
I understand YYW is a popular guy. He is even well loved, but does anyone honestly think Airmax was out of line?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:42:02 PM
Good bye random member#7362. We will miss your outstanding intelect and presence in the site. I'm sure your protest will leave a mark and improve DDO for the greater good.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:44:11 PM
At 6/27/2016 11:39:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
I understand YYW is a popular guy. He is even well loved, but does anyone honestly think Airmax was out of line?

Obviously this guy who made the thread.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:46:43 PM
At 6/27/2016 11:44:11 PM, XLAV wrote:

I bet he has never even communicated with YYW. Seems like the type of person YYW would have little patience for.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:54:14 PM
At 6/27/2016 11:46:43 PM, Wylted wrote:

I bet he has never even communicated with YYW. Seems like the type of person YYW would have little patience for.

He's the kind of guy who thinks YYW is the messiah.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:56:00 PM
At 6/27/2016 11:54:14 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:46:43 PM, Wylted wrote:

He's the kind of guy who thinks YYW is the messiah.

Yeah well. That is as much as I say. It is kinda cowardly to talk sh1t when he is gone.

I like some things about him and dislike some things, and that is as far as I go.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 1:13:38 AM
At 6/27/2016 9:58:36 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/27/2016 9:54:46 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Why was he banned?

TL;DR: Repeated insulting and incredibly hostile behavior, despite being warned several times.

Sounds like he deserves to be banned.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:33:50 PM

Wrong.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:40:22 PM
Obviously there are many things to say about Airmax's objectively wrong decision to ban me for one week. Many have weighed in on the subject.

What I have to say about that is highly controversial, and, frankly, I don't care to hear the clearly wrong perspectives of such disgraced members as have opined in my absence... we know who they are, and no one cares about their opinion at all. We know no one cares about their opinions because no one responded to them.

But, if you are interested in my thoughts on the matter.... PM me. I do not like keeping things to PM's, because I prefer to discuss people and things openly, but some people on the site are too emotionally unstable and childish to handle being mentioned.

These snowflakes lose their minds at even being mentioned, consider disagreement with them a personal attack, regard ongoing debate as oppression, and the like. But even they are not as regretful as the sycophants who do all they can to garner Max's good favor by acts of brown-nosing.

It is sad, though not surprising. If you want to know, contact me. If you think I have something to say about you in particular, feel free to PM me to find out...
Tsar of DDO