Jump to topic:

Brainstorming Session to Remove Toxicity

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 6:49:12 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I have been thinking and we need to remove all toxicity from DDO as soon as possible. If we do that, DDO will improve demonstrably.

So, I am creating a thread for theorizing the best solution to the problem.

My idea is that every user is given three strikes. The first one being a warning via a mod. The second is a temp ban for one week. The final strike is a perma-ban, or, in the second variant, a temp-ban for a month and THEN a perma ban if the fourth strike is reached. However, there should be a way to appeal your ban, sort of how 4chan allows you to appeal your ban after one week, and then one month.

Any ideas?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 6:55:52 PM
At 6/29/2016 6:49:12 PM, TheChristian wrote:
I have been thinking and we need to remove all toxicity from DDO as soon as possible. If we do that, DDO will improve demonstrably.

My idea is that every user is given three strikes. The first one being a warning via a mod. The second is a temp ban for one week. The final strike is a perma-ban, or, in the second variant, a temp-ban for a month and THEN a perma ban if the fourth strike is reached. However, there should be a way to appeal your ban, sort of how 4chan allows you to appeal your ban after one week, and then one month.

Any ideas?

Ban everyone who participates in the religion forum, as well as anyone who starts a drama thread. All toxicity has now been removed.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:02:38 PM
At 6/29/2016 6:55:52 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Any ideas?

Ban everyone who participates in the religion forum, as well as anyone who starts a drama thread. All toxicity has now been removed.

Except who defines "Drama" and banning people who talk about religion is just a violation of 1st amendment. Toxicity is still here in the form of Special Snowflake Syndrome.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:27:36 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:02:38 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

Except who defines "Drama" and banning people who talk about religion is just a violation of 1st amendment. Toxicity is still here in the form of Special Snowflake Syndrome.

Ban the special snowflakes who think the rules don't apply to them?

Regardless, the term would be "decrease," as we'll never have some utopian environment.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:31:39 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:27:36 PM, Ragnar wrote:

Any ideas?

Regardless, the term would be "decrease," as we'll never have some utopian environment.

I think we should ban ALL the snowflakes. But that's too much and then we start labeling dissidents snowflakes. But do you have any ideas?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:35:23 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:31:39 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

I think we should ban ALL the snowflakes. But that's too much and then we start labeling dissidents snowflakes. But do you have any ideas?

What do you think classifies a 'snowflake?'
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:37:28 PM

Any ideas?

I hope you realizing she was being a smart arse.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:37:47 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:35:23 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any ideas?

Difficult to define, easy to identify. Someone who doesn't abide by rules, someone who whines, the spoiled brats of DDO
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:38:29 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:37:28 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any ideas?

I hope you realizing she was being a smart arse.

Great, another genius
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:38:31 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:37:47 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

Difficult to define, easy to identify. Someone who doesn't abide by rules, someone who whines, the spoiled brats of DDO

So you right?

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:39:56 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:38:31 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any ideas?

So you right?

Haha... very funny. Another comedian!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:43:06 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:39:56 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

So you right?

I'm being serious. Doesn't bide by the rules, but doing cross thread contamination. You're whinning about YYW being banned and the 'special snowflakes' on DDO. You clearly fit all of these. Let's ban you since you fit the definition that you yourself provided.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:44:24 PM

Any ideas?

Weren't you just threatening to leave for Airmax trying to stop toxicity?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 7:49:43 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:44:24 PM, Wylted wrote:

Any ideas?

Yeah, and he came back the next day, though he never actually logged off to leave.

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:02:48 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:43:06 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any ideas?

So you right?

I'm being serious. Doesn't bide by the rules, but doing cross thread contamination. You're whinning about YYW being banned and the 'special snowflakes' on DDO. You clearly fit all of these. Let's ban you since you fit the definition that you yourself provided.

Quite frankly, YYW is not even a concern. I'm just saying that minimizing toxicity should be the main concern of DDO. I am trying to see what would fix the toxicity problem. I abide by the rules and try my best to fix the problems of rule breaking. I don't pretend that I am a perfect person who doesn't need to obey the rules. This thread is for people to actually try to fix the problem, not witch hunt people and call people snowflakes
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:04:01 PM

Any ideas?

No. I was trying to call out the snowflakes and now I'm trying to fix the problem.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:04:42 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:02:48 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

So you right?

Quite frankly, YYW is not even a concern. I'm just saying that minimizing toxicity should be the main concern of DDO. I am trying to see what would fix the toxicity problem. I abide by the rules and try my best to fix the problems of rule breaking. I don't pretend that I am a perfect person who doesn't need to obey the rules. This thread is for people to actually try to fix the problem, not witch hunt people and call people snowflakes

I would suggest reading this thread to help clear some things up for you. http://www.debate.org...

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:05:10 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:49:43 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any ideas?

Yeah, and he came back the next day, though he never actually logged off to leave.

Never said I was leaving
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:06:58 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:05:10 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

Never said I was leaving

Ah, sorry, I was thinking of NLC.

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:08:40 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:06:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any ideas?

Never said I was leaving

It's fine. People seem to think I was threatening to leave yet I wasn't and said specifically I wasn't leaving.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:16:38 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:08:40 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

Never said I was leaving

It's fine. People seem to think I was threatening to leave yet I wasn't and said specifically I wasn't leaving.

It could be worse, we use to have a Devilsadvocate and Devilsadvocate1 on the site at the same time as well as a Mongoose and Mongeese.

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:17:34 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:04:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/29/2016 8:02:48 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

So you right?

I would suggest reading this thread to help clear some things up for you. http://www.debate.org...

Okay, first of all, did you just send that to me because I had my name in it?

If that is the case, allow me to explain the reasoning behind my post which probably was why he mentioned me. I was saying that if people having the right not to be offended, then I have a list of people he should ban, which was 99% political satire which people took too serious and 1% me being serious and saying that if people have the right not to be offended, then more people than YYW should be banned and I provided a private list to Airmax which sparked an intelligent conversation which is ongoing and pretty much adds up to "No, people do NOT have the right not to be offended".

Second of all, I am not a snowflake. I just make comments that are seen as serious when they are meant as satire and comments on how DDO today is going. I will now reply to that thread and explain my comment there. And I won't go off the deep end and call Airmax about it because, like I said, I am NOT a snowflake
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:17:39 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:04:01 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

No. I was trying to call out the snowflakes and now I'm trying to fix the problem.

Didn't you threaten to leave because you wanted YYW to be a special snowflaje who did not have to follow the rules?
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:18:52 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:17:39 PM, Wylted wrote:

Any ideas?

Didn't you threaten to leave because you wanted YYW to be a special snowflaje who did not have to follow the rules?

Nope. Never threatened to leave and said specifically I wasn't
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:21:11 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:16:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any ideas?

Never said I was leaving

It could be worse, we use to have a Devilsadvocate and Devilsadvocate1 on the site at the same time as well as a Mongoose and Mongeese.

Oh that is just... confusing
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:21:40 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:18:52 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

A temp leave is still a leave. You were literally crying and being a pvssy because certain people were not treated like special snowflakes. Are you saying you are no longer a pvssy and now everyone should be held to the same standards?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:22:30 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:21:11 PM, TheChristian wrote:
At 6/29/2016 8:16:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Any ideas?

Never said I was leaving

Oh that is just... confusing

The same is happening here, but it's not as bad.

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:24:58 PM
At 6/29/2016 7:30:11 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What exactly is toxicity?

Sorry, your comment was lost in the explosion of new replies I keep getting. Toxicity is where we have the snowflakes whine and moan and complain and make statements that overall are not helping DDO instead are harming it by pretty much making people who can't bear to be offended. 995 of them leave and never return, but some of then=m stay and toxify the environment
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 8:26:49 PM
At 6/29/2016 8:21:40 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2016 8:18:52 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Any ideas?

A temp leave is still a leave. You were literally crying and being a pvssy because certain people were not treated like special snowflakes. Are you saying you are no longer a pvssy and now everyone should be held to the same standards?

Once again, I didn't even temp leave or even whine about it. I made a comment/thread that people read too far into. There seems to be some confusion between me and some other user. I have no idea what you people are talking about.