Is gore really that bad?

Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:26:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
http://www.debate.org...

This poll originally had THREE answers, not one but someone decided to tamper with my poll and remove TWO of the answers because those two answers contained gory images!

I am utterly frustrated because I worked so hard on this poll and now, it's pretty much just a one-answer poll because some people just can't handle looking at what MAKES UP their body!

I thought DDO was supposed to be a website where people could discuss controversial topics but it seems like this isn't always the case as many of my polls have been considered inappropiate or spammy by some people who shall not be named!

My question is this. Is gore really so bad? Those gory images I put on my poll weren't Call of Duty gory. They were more like mildly gory, in other words not gory to the point where you feel nauseous! What is the big deal with blood and why is blood considered inappropiate?!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:40:05 AM
Just re-add the answers just with out whatever you had. I don't know what you had as your descriptions, but some people really are tramatised by what has happened with their own self harm. Your images could trigger some sort of actual psychological trauma.

If you have an issue with the polling moderation, you can contact the Poll Mod, PetersSmith. http://www.debate.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:40:10 AM
At 6/30/2016 4:26:53 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:

This poll originally had THREE answers, not one but someone decided to tamper with my poll and remove TWO of the answers because those two answers contained gory images!

I am utterly frustrated because I worked so hard on this poll and now, it's pretty much just a one-answer poll because some people just can't handle looking at what MAKES UP their body!

I thought DDO was supposed to be a website where people could discuss controversial topics but it seems like this isn't always the case as many of my polls have been considered inappropiate or spammy by some people who shall not be named!

My question is this. Is gore really so bad? Those gory images I put on my poll weren't Call of Duty gory. They were more like mildly gory, in other words not gory to the point where you feel nauseous! What is the big deal with blood and why is blood considered inappropiate?!

I didn't do that.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:46:50 AM
At 6/30/2016 4:40:05 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Just re-add the answers just with out whatever you had. I don't know what you had as your descriptions, but some people really are tramatised by what has happened with their own self harm. Your images could trigger some sort of actual psychological trauma.

If you have an issue with the polling moderation, you can contact the Poll Mod, PetersSmith. http://www.debate.org...

I did what you said and added back the answers! I changed the images to more appropiate images that won't be as triggering or traumatizing.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:47:21 AM

I would have just deleted the whole thing since the poll became kind of pointless once I deleted the two images, but some glitch happened that prevented the poll from being removed... I'll figure that glitch thing out tomorrow

I'm sorry that your hard work on this poll ultimately went to waste, but putting up an image of a guy lying in a pool of blood with a gun next to him with his brains leaking out of the remaining half of his head is a bit much for the DDO polls section.

I thought DDO was supposed to be a website where people could discuss controversial topics

What does the image (described above) have to do with discussing things? If you want to discuss this topic, create a forum thread on it. No one is going to stop you.

but it seems like this isn't always the case as many of my polls have been considered inappropiate or spammy by some people who shall not be named!

Why not name them? The name of this person is Airmax1227, I removed two of your poll answers, and I'm the one who removes poll spam. This isn't some mystery or anything.

My question is this. Is gore really so bad?

I don't know, maybe yes, maybe not. If you want to discuss gore as it pertains to society create a thread on it. I'm sure it will be an interesting discussion.

"Those gory images I put on my poll weren't Call of Duty gory. They were more like mildly gory, in other words not gory to the point where you feel nauseous! What is the big deal with blood and why is blood considered inappropiate?!

I believe that image was a bit much, so I removed it.

Feel free to create the poll again and not use such a graphic image next time.
Debate.org Moderator
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:49:08 AM
At 6/30/2016 4:47:21 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

I would have just deleted the whole thing since the poll became kind of pointless once I deleted the two images, but some glitch happened that prevented the poll from being removed... I'll figure that glitch thing out tomorrow

I'm sorry that your hard work on this poll ultimately went to waste, but putting up an image of a guy lying in a pool of blood with a gun next to him with his brains leaking out of the remaining half of his head is a bit much for the DDO polls section.

I thought DDO was supposed to be a website where people could discuss controversial topics

What does the image (described above) have to do with discussing things? If you want to discuss this topic, create a forum thread on it. No one is going to stop you.

but it seems like this isn't always the case as many of my polls have been considered inappropiate or spammy by some people who shall not be named!

Why not name them? The name of this person is Airmax1227, I removed two of your poll answers, and I'm the one who removes poll spam. This isn't some mystery or anything.

I don't know, maybe yes, maybe not. If you want to discuss gore as it pertains to society create a thread on it. I'm sure it will be an interesting discussion.

"Those gory images I put on my poll weren't Call of Duty gory. They were more like mildly gory, in other words not gory to the point where you feel nauseous! What is the big deal with blood and why is blood considered inappropiate?!

Don't worry! I redid it with more appropiate images and I'm sorry for posting images that were way too gory and extreme! I guess I got carried away.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:49:35 AM
At 6/30/2016 4:49:08 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:

Don't worry! I redid it with more appropiate images and I'm sorry for posting images that were way too gory and extreme! I guess I got carried away.

I appreciate that, thank you
Debate.org Moderator
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 5:13:42 AM

How do you decide what is a "bit much"?

"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 5:15:56 AM
At 6/30/2016 5:13:42 AM, SamStevens wrote:

I look at the image
Debate.org Moderator
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 5:19:58 AM
At 6/30/2016 5:15:56 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

I look at the image

Kind of hard to make an accurate assessment on whether or not an image qualifies as a "bit much" when you have an objectively flawed morality.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 5:51:15 AM
At 6/30/2016 5:19:58 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:15:56 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

I look at the image

Kind of hard to make an accurate assessment on whether or not an image qualifies as a "bit much" when you have an objectively flawed morality.

Somehow I manage
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:05:32 AM
tyrrany
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:11:28 AM
At 6/30/2016 6:05:32 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
tyrrany

I may have been a bit snarky with Sam, and I apologize for that... but I think the standards for images in the n the polls section is something people just need to use their best judgement on. I don't think we really need an exhaustive explanation for what that is, and I'm not going to do so at 1am. People just need to avoid things like nudity and things overly graphic. If it happens to go too far, which I think we probably could all at least come to the same area of agreement, then the only risk is that it gets removed.

In any case, I'm not sure how serious this discussion is supposed to be, but I figured I'd offer that for now, and if people still have some concern over it then I'll do my best to clarify at some point in the future.
Debate.org Moderator
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 3:34:04 PM
At 6/30/2016 7:09:24 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Based on some previous polls made by this guy, I am seriously questioning the mental stability of this guy...

Like what?

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:20:44 PM
At 6/30/2016 3:34:04 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Based on some previous polls made by this guy, I am seriously questioning the mental stability of this guy...

Like what?

Polls asking if death is beautiful, if you can have a romantic relationship with death, whether you prefer goths or emos, etc.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:22:43 PM

Like what?

Oh, and the fact that this person sees nothing wrong with gore (and defending it) makes me question how mentally stable Foodiesoul is.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:58:37 PM
At 6/30/2016 4:22:43 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Like what?

Oh, and the fact that this person sees nothing wrong with gore (and defending it) makes me question how mentally stable Foodiesoul is.
I know, I saw those and tried to reply, but my internet crashed.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:11:52 PM

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015