Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

**\*/** Fifth DDO Census Debate **\*/**

donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:36:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
\\==**== Introduction ==**==//

IMPORTANT UPDATE on the Grand Prize. For this debate alone, the Grand Prize is upped to $100.

The DDO Census Debate is a grand debate with a cash prize.

Once, halfway through every other month, a DDO Census Debate is held. The topic is the most popular, or controversial, topic of the month. Everyone who wants to partake can sign up, and discuss who will represent them in the debate.

Both parties may rework the Resolution to fit. For this reason the resolution given is only a guideline for the general topic. Members will be chosen to represent by June 15th (the start of the debate).

For prior Census Debates, visit here:https://www.facebook.com...

== This Month's Topic ==

Presidency v Abolition (can change)

== The Debate ==

The Debate will be 4-5 rounds long. Debaters may pick a Source/Arguments only voting system or a Choose Winner voting system. The grand prize is a $100 gift card for Walmart or Amazon (winner's pick).

Rules:
- No wars (source wars or definition wars, etc...)
- No kritiking.
- Sources may be in external links.
- Proper formatting must be used (and consistent).

All Pro and Con users may vote on who will represent their side. Comment here if you are willing to debate or vote on a debater. The representative chosen may pick one person to be their adviser.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:58:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Pro President
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
MrVindication
Posts: 86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 2:26:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 4:36:43 AM, donald.keller wrote:
\\==**== Introduction ==**==//

IMPORTANT UPDATE on the Grand Prize. For this debate alone, the Grand Prize is upped to $100.

The DDO Census Debate is a grand debate with a cash prize.

Once, halfway through every other month, a DDO Census Debate is held. The topic is the most popular, or controversial, topic of the month. Everyone who wants to partake can sign up, and discuss who will represent them in the debate.

Both parties may rework the Resolution to fit. For this reason the resolution given is only a guideline for the general topic. Members will be chosen to represent by June 15th (the start of the debate).

For prior Census Debates, visit here:https://www.facebook.com...

== This Month's Topic ==

Presidency v Abolition (can change)

== The Debate ==

The Debate will be 4-5 rounds long. Debaters may pick a Source/Arguments only voting system or a Choose Winner voting system. The grand prize is a $100 gift card for Walmart or Amazon (winner's pick).

Rules:
- No wars (source wars or definition wars, etc...)
- No kritiking.
- Sources may be in external links.
- Proper formatting must be used (and consistent).

All Pro and Con users may vote on who will represent their side. Comment here if you are willing to debate or vote on a debater. The representative chosen may pick one person to be their adviser.

Pro Presidency. This is TheProphett, by the way. I am totally down with doing this debate and I believe that I should be given a chance to argue for the presidency. Go establishment!
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 2:31:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 2:26:06 AM, MrVindication wrote:
At 6/30/2016 4:36:43 AM, donald.keller wrote:
\\==**== Introduction ==**==//

IMPORTANT UPDATE on the Grand Prize. For this debate alone, the Grand Prize is upped to $100.

The DDO Census Debate is a grand debate with a cash prize.

Once, halfway through every other month, a DDO Census Debate is held. The topic is the most popular, or controversial, topic of the month. Everyone who wants to partake can sign up, and discuss who will represent them in the debate.

Both parties may rework the Resolution to fit. For this reason the resolution given is only a guideline for the general topic. Members will be chosen to represent by June 15th (the start of the debate).

For prior Census Debates, visit here:https://www.facebook.com...

== This Month's Topic ==

Presidency v Abolition (can change)

== The Debate ==

The Debate will be 4-5 rounds long. Debaters may pick a Source/Arguments only voting system or a Choose Winner voting system. The grand prize is a $100 gift card for Walmart or Amazon (winner's pick).

Rules:
- No wars (source wars or definition wars, etc...)
- No kritiking.
- Sources may be in external links.
- Proper formatting must be used (and consistent).

All Pro and Con users may vote on who will represent their side. Comment here if you are willing to debate or vote on a debater. The representative chosen may pick one person to be their adviser.

Pro Presidency. This is TheProphett, by the way. I am totally down with doing this debate and I believe that I should be given a chance to argue for the presidency. Go establishment!

I vouch for him to be in this debate.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 2:32:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 2:26:06 AM, MrVindication wrote:
Pro Presidency. This is TheProphett, by the way. I am totally down with doing this debate and I believe that I should be given a chance to argue for the presidency. Go establishment!

I'll vote for Vindi to represent the pro side.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 3:31:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
The Reddit Libertarians march on.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:35:00 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 2:32:50 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 2:26:06 AM, MrVindication wrote:
Pro Presidency. This is TheProphett, by the way. I am totally down with doing this debate and I believe that I should be given a chance to argue for the presidency. Go establishment!

I'll vote for Vindi to represent the pro side.

+1

Don't have the time myself.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 6:41:02 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I'll vote Lannan to debate in favor of the Presidency, but Proph/Vindication is capable in his own right to debate it. Either could put in a good fight, but I think Lannan is more in tune with the site right now, and Proph is more disengaged - thus I think Lannan should be the one to do this.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
famousdebater
Posts: 3,934
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 7:06:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 2:32:50 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 2:26:06 AM, MrVindication wrote:
Pro Presidency. This is TheProphett, by the way. I am totally down with doing this debate and I believe that I should be given a chance to argue for the presidency. Go establishment!

I'll vote for Vindi to represent the pro side.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy