Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

DDO Purge

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Why do we have long time respected members being banned for being a dick? Why can't Bench release another weekly stupid or harass idiots off the site.

If we were just allowed a half day of anarchy every year, then we can get all the negative stuff out. We can cleanse ourselves. YYW could wait until purge day to attack SJWs. Bench could harass idiots off the site. I could have inappropriate profile picture without demands from Airmax to take them down.

We can post links to websites whose names rhyme with pemonlarpy.com without being banned.

The purge would have rules. We can't attack debate.org officials who are level ten or higher, but for the most part it would be good fun to have one day a year to cleanse ourselves. Airmax can kick it off with the following message:

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted. DDO officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the end of this post, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and DDO, a website reborn. May God be with you all."

___________

It's almost stupid not to have a purge. Are any of the presidential candidates for a purge?
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:44:24 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why do we have long time respected members being banned for being a dick? Why can't Bench release another weekly stupid or harass idiots off the site.

If we were just allowed a half day of anarchy every year, then we can get all the negative stuff out. We can cleanse ourselves. YYW could wait until purge day to attack SJWs. Bench could harass idiots off the site. I could have inappropriate profile picture without demands from Airmax to take them down.

We can post links to websites whose names rhyme with pemonlarpy.com without being banned.

The purge would have rules. We can't attack debate.org officials who are level ten or higher, but for the most part it would be good fun to have one day a year to cleanse ourselves. Airmax can kick it off with the following message:

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted. DDO officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the end of this post, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and DDO, a website reborn. May God be with you all."

___________

It's almost stupid not to have a purge. Are any of the presidential candidates for a purge?

So what you're suggesting is one day where there's no moderation?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:08:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:45:04 AM, Wylted wrote:
Yep

Well it is the 1st
Sounds unreal.
But if there is a day for it , it will probably lessen the affect of someone popping up out of the blue and just letting fly. With sexual racist comments about my dear old uncle dad.

It might be good to make a couple of rules like not be able to comment back at the person that attacks you.
Thus getting in and just letting rip At as many as possible.
Good game.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:15:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Sounds like every day over at the Religion forum.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:24:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:15:26 AM, Ragnar wrote:
Sounds like every day over at the Religion forum.

That's not that bad .
See if you new the purge was coming up, it would allow you a little time to do some homework and read up on people's profiles and post history.
Then bammmmmmm. Bring it on home.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:28:23 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:24:56 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:15:26 AM, Ragnar wrote:
Sounds like every day over at the Religion forum.

That's not that bad .
See if you new the purge was coming up, it would allow you a little time to do some homework and read up on people's profiles and post history.
Then bammmmmmm. Bring it on home.

Knew
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 6:43:38 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I've heard interesting arguments (convincing ones mainly from Skep) in favor of a free-for-all forum. I've yet to hear one for a purge day.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:21:35 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 6:43:38 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I've heard interesting arguments (convincing ones mainly from Skep) in favor of a free-for-all forum. I've yet to hear one for a purge day.

Your welcome. Put it on your platform now.
lord_megatron
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:24:58 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Yup I am a presidential candidate and I am pro-purge. Should be fun, and the moderators/other leaders could benefit from staying offline for at least 1 day. Everyone needs to relax.
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 6:27:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why do we have long time respected members being banned for being a dick? Why can't Bench release another weekly stupid or harass idiots off the site.

Ah the good ole days.....

If we were just allowed a half day of anarchy every year, then we can get all the negative stuff out. We can cleanse ourselves. YYW could wait until purge day to attack SJWs. Bench could harass idiots off the site. I could have inappropriate profile picture without demands from Airmax to take them down.

We can post links to websites whose names rhyme with pemonlarpy.com without being banned.

The purge would have rules. We can't attack debate.org officials who are level ten or higher, but for the most part it would be good fun to have one day a year to cleanse ourselves. Airmax can kick it off with the following message:

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted. DDO officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the end of this post, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and DDO, a website reborn. May God be with you all."

___________

It's almost stupid not to have a purge. Are any of the presidential candidates for a purge?

I shall consider it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Posts: 36,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:25:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I strongly support a DDO purge, but more than that, I support the absence of moderation entirely.

Arguments have been had that we need moderation to ensure civility on the forums. I think civility is overrated.
Tsar of DDO
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:35:26 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why do we have long time respected members being banned for being a dick? Why can't Bench release another weekly stupid or harass idiots off the site.

If we were just allowed a half day of anarchy every year, then we can get all the negative stuff out. We can cleanse ourselves. YYW could wait until purge day to attack SJWs. Bench could harass idiots off the site. I could have inappropriate profile picture without demands from Airmax to take them down.

We can post links to websites whose names rhyme with pemonlarpy.com without being banned.

The purge would have rules. We can't attack debate.org officials who are level ten or higher, but for the most part it would be good fun to have one day a year to cleanse ourselves. Airmax can kick it off with the following message:

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted. DDO officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the end of this post, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and DDO, a website reborn. May God be with you all."

___________

It's almost stupid not to have a purge. Are any of the presidential candidates for a purge?

Good idea, though I would support having a purge monthly or bi-monthly instead of just once a year.
YYW
Posts: 36,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:40:59 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 4:35:26 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why do we have long time respected members being banned for being a dick? Why can't Bench release another weekly stupid or harass idiots off the site.

If we were just allowed a half day of anarchy every year, then we can get all the negative stuff out. We can cleanse ourselves. YYW could wait until purge day to attack SJWs. Bench could harass idiots off the site. I could have inappropriate profile picture without demands from Airmax to take them down.

We can post links to websites whose names rhyme with pemonlarpy.com without being banned.

The purge would have rules. We can't attack debate.org officials who are level ten or higher, but for the most part it would be good fun to have one day a year to cleanse ourselves. Airmax can kick it off with the following message:

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted. DDO officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the end of this post, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and DDO, a website reborn. May God be with you all."

___________

It's almost stupid not to have a purge. Are any of the presidential candidates for a purge?

Good idea, though I would support having a purge monthly or bi-monthly instead of just once a year.

Monthly would be better. I think that's a fair compromise.
Tsar of DDO
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:46:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 4:40:59 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2016 4:35:26 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why do we have long time respected members being banned for being a dick? Why can't Bench release another weekly stupid or harass idiots off the site.

If we were just allowed a half day of anarchy every year, then we can get all the negative stuff out. We can cleanse ourselves. YYW could wait until purge day to attack SJWs. Bench could harass idiots off the site. I could have inappropriate profile picture without demands from Airmax to take them down.

We can post links to websites whose names rhyme with pemonlarpy.com without being banned.

The purge would have rules. We can't attack debate.org officials who are level ten or higher, but for the most part it would be good fun to have one day a year to cleanse ourselves. Airmax can kick it off with the following message:

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted. DDO officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the end of this post, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and DDO, a website reborn. May God be with you all."

___________

It's almost stupid not to have a purge. Are any of the presidential candidates for a purge?

Good idea, though I would support having a purge monthly or bi-monthly instead of just once a year.

Monthly would be better. I think that's a fair compromise.

I agree, but I am unsure if airmax would really be open to a purge every month.
YYW
Posts: 36,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:49:41 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 4:46:04 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 7/3/2016 4:40:59 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/3/2016 4:35:26 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why do we have long time respected members being banned for being a dick? Why can't Bench release another weekly stupid or harass idiots off the site.

If we were just allowed a half day of anarchy every year, then we can get all the negative stuff out. We can cleanse ourselves. YYW could wait until purge day to attack SJWs. Bench could harass idiots off the site. I could have inappropriate profile picture without demands from Airmax to take them down.

We can post links to websites whose names rhyme with pemonlarpy.com without being banned.

The purge would have rules. We can't attack debate.org officials who are level ten or higher, but for the most part it would be good fun to have one day a year to cleanse ourselves. Airmax can kick it off with the following message:

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted. DDO officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the end of this post, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and DDO, a website reborn. May God be with you all."

___________

It's almost stupid not to have a purge. Are any of the presidential candidates for a purge?

Good idea, though I would support having a purge monthly or bi-monthly instead of just once a year.

Monthly would be better. I think that's a fair compromise.

I agree, but I am unsure if airmax would really be open to a purge every month.

Well what airmax does... who knows. Whether it is a good idea is more relevant to me.
Tsar of DDO
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 7:46:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 4:25:05 PM, YYW wrote:
I strongly support a DDO purge, but more than that, I support the absence of moderation entirely.

Arguments have been had that we need moderation to ensure civility on the forums. I think civility is overrated.

Harassing members off the site is one thing, but telling members who continuously say objectively stupid things that what they said/who they are is stupid is different altogether.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 8:02:17 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Extend the proposal to 356 days per year, and you're gold.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
YYW
Posts: 36,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 9:12:33 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 8:02:17 PM, someloser wrote:
Extend the proposal to 356 days per year, and you're gold.

I doubt that will ever happen.
Tsar of DDO
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 1:08:07 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:15:26 AM, Ragnar wrote:
Sounds like every day over at the Religion forum.

Amen to that.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:36:58 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted..."

I believe the purge has begun. There's no way Airmax could hope to keep up with the current [unmentionable] show the main forum has turned into.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 7:39:45 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 4:36:58 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:42:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the Juggle. Class 4 trolling and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other trolling is restricted..."

I believe the purge has begun. There's no way Airmax could hope to keep up with the current [unmentionable] show the main forum has turned into.

I think a purge should come with increased mpderation on non purge days.