Jump to topic:

Chill People, Chill

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 4:47:54 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I've come back for a few minutes and noticed all of that controversy going on. That was some of the biggest bullsh!t Ive seen in years. Chill you guys, it doesnt matter if someone gets banned for a week. This is just an online community. YYW is cool, but just because he got banned for 1 week doesnt mean that the whole site has to boycott and make 200 threads about how it happened. If someone here insults you, dont give them a fvck. Again, just online. Why do you care? If you dont like something here, why dont any of you leave?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:02:09 PM
At 7/3/2016 4:47:54 PM, Forever23 wrote:
I've come back for a few minutes and noticed all of that controversy going on. That was some of the biggest bullsh!t Ive seen in years. Chill you guys, it doesnt matter if someone gets banned for a week. This is just an online community. YYW is cool, but just because he got banned for 1 week doesnt mean that the whole site has to boycott and make 200 threads about how it happened. If someone here insults you, dont give them a fvck. Again, just online. Why do you care? If you dont like something here, why dont any of you leave?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 11:43:24 PM
I've come back for a few minutes

you left?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:06:50 PM
At 7/3/2016 9:58:42 PM, XLAV wrote:
Did you know that telling people to chill doesn't chill them at all?

Meh. Just a tip.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:07:12 PM
At 7/3/2016 11:43:24 PM, imabench wrote:
I've come back for a few minutes

you left?

More or less... I do log on occasionally tho
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:29:02 PM
Why don't you leave? This is the healthiest thing that can happen, is people airing their grievances rather than being tethered to only freely expressing via PMs, which leads to the harboring of resentments and feelings of exclusion.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:37:01 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:29:02 PM, Emmarie wrote:
Why don't you leave? This is the healthiest thing that can happen, is people airing their grievances rather than being tethered to only freely expressing via PMs, which leads to the harboring of resentments and feelings of exclusion.

I did leave :) This is a site Emmarie, just a site. The point is that instead of arguing how it should run, (thats up to the mods and not for you to change) you should either just debate topics or leave. Bottom line is, you deal with the rules or just go away. As the saying goes, square up or square out.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 9:13:29 PM
*Lays back in the backseat of a hippy bus, runs his hand through his dreads and takes a draw from his joint*

"yeah bruh, everyone just chill"
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 9:14:50 PM
At 7/4/2016 9:13:29 PM, Hayd wrote:
*Lays back in the backseat of a hippy bus, runs his hand through his dreads and takes a draw from his joint*

https://www.youtube.com...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 9:23:02 PM
At 7/4/2016 9:14:50 PM, YYW wrote:

http://giphy.com...
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 9:24:55 PM
At 7/4/2016 9:23:02 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 7/4/2016 9:14:50 PM, YYW wrote:

http://giphy.com...

Omg... Only you XD
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 11:27:25 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:37:01 PM, Forever23 wrote:

I did leave :) This is a site Emmarie, just a site. The point is that instead of arguing how it should run, (thats up to the mods and not for you to change) you should either just debate topics or leave. Bottom line is, you deal with the rules or just go away. As the saying goes, square up or square out.
Who are you to tell me how to express myself? I have a right to air my grievances and support others who do. Members have quite a bit of influence on the site about how it is run. Whiners have influenced moderation, so those of us who are more lax can also attempt to express our ideas with the hopes of influencing moderation. Beyond being a debate site it is an ideas website, and members come here for various reasons. At least I debate, more than I can say for *some* members.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:25:02 PM
At 7/4/2016 11:27:25 PM, Emmarie wrote:
At 7/4/2016 8:37:01 PM, Forever23 wrote:

Who are you to tell me how to express myself?
I am a mere mortal and can not tell you how to express yourself. Only suggest.

I have a right to air my grievances and support others who do. Members have quite a bit of influence on the site about how it is run. Whiners have influenced moderation, so those of us who are more lax can also attempt to express our ideas with the hopes of influencing moderation. Beyond being a debate site it is an ideas website, and members come here for various reasons.

Emmarie, I am not telling you that saying whats bad about the site is no good. Of course, if you know a way to enhance the site, by all means, say it. But when it comes to banning, that is not something that you should be critiquing. Max knows the site rules better than all of us and when he decides to ban someone, there is always a reason. YYW has violated the TOS and was therefore banned. I dont know why you cant stay calm about that and let Max to his work. You mention how its lazy moderation... Well, when something bad happens, the players are expected to report it. If they dont bother spending 30 second to fill out a form, then its not such a big deal.
At least I debate, more than I can say for *some* members.
Mhm... If you mean me, I have around 40 debates, compared to your 11.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:57:47 PM

YYW got banned again?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 10:45:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/6/2016 7:57:47 PM, Vaarka wrote:

YYW got banned again?

I think