Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

4th July tip for photos.

TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 5:26:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I am be no means an expert, but I know a couple of pro photographers, and dabble. Thought I might do this quick for everyone who messes-up their nights photos every damn time.

IF your phone/camera allows for some manual settings, its very easy, but black is white, up is down. Its all backwards from what you think it "normal"

1) Set your ISO like its bright daylight ~200
2) Set your shutter like you are shooting portrait photos in the 1800's > 20sec
3) f-stop (if you have any idea what this is, you should know) set like you are "opening" your eye just like you are seeing them. WIDE OPEN. Start with 1 - 1.4.

If you want that HUGE shot, DON'T use telephoto lenses. Use a zoom, and set yourself back from the action.

Basically, everything flip all intuition on its a$$

have fun.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 9:26:09 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 7/4/2016 5:26:32 AM, TBR wrote:
I am be no means an expert, but I know a couple of pro photographers, and dabble. Thought I might do this quick for everyone who messes-up their nights photos every damn time.

IF your phone/camera allows for some manual settings, its very easy, but black is white, up is down. Its all backwards from what you think it "normal"

1) Set your ISO like its bright daylight ~200
2) Set your shutter like you are shooting portrait photos in the 1800's > 20sec
3) f-stop (if you have any idea what this is, you should know) set like you are "opening" your eye just like you are seeing them. WIDE OPEN. Start with 1 - 1.4.

If you want that HUGE shot, DON'T use telephoto lenses. Use a zoom, and set yourself back from the action.

Basically, everything flip all intuition on its a$$

have fun.

Why use a low ISO if the scene is dark enough to warrant ultra low shutter speeds and wide f-stops? I don't understand.

Probably missing something obvious... I know little about photography.
"If it comes down to Trump or Clinton, I'd vote Trump."

"Well, long story short, the video I thought was of a wedding was of kinky lesbian porn"

"Feminists may just be some of the most petty people ever."

"Shoutout to [...] Shab for being entertaining to listen to in Hangouts.

Extra shoutout to Shab for his excellent taste of film.
[...] he is fantastic company"

"Stray Dog - Mifune
Yojimbo - Mifune"

~ MissBailey8, Noted White Nationalist
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 3:56:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 7/4/2016 9:26:09 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 7/4/2016 5:26:32 AM, TBR wrote:
I am be no means an expert, but I know a couple of pro photographers, and dabble. Thought I might do this quick for everyone who messes-up their nights photos every damn time.

IF your phone/camera allows for some manual settings, its very easy, but black is white, up is down. Its all backwards from what you think it "normal"

1) Set your ISO like its bright daylight ~200
2) Set your shutter like you are shooting portrait photos in the 1800's > 20sec
3) f-stop (if you have any idea what this is, you should know) set like you are "opening" your eye just like you are seeing them. WIDE OPEN. Start with 1 - 1.4.

If you want that HUGE shot, DON'T use telephoto lenses. Use a zoom, and set yourself back from the action.

Basically, everything flip all intuition on its a$$

have fun.

Why use a low ISO if the scene is dark enough to warrant ultra low shutter speeds and wide f-stops? I don't understand.

Probably missing something obvious... I know little about photography.

What you want to do is have the shutter OPEN for a long time. Some exposures might be 5sec. This way you will get the HUGE launch, explosion, and shape.

Like I said, up is down. Think of it this way. Watch a firework explode. How long did it take? Longer than you think?
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 11:14:39 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:56:43 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/4/2016 9:26:09 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 7/4/2016 5:26:32 AM, TBR wrote:
I am be no means an expert, but I know a couple of pro photographers, and dabble. Thought I might do this quick for everyone who messes-up their nights photos every damn time.

IF your phone/camera allows for some manual settings, its very easy, but black is white, up is down. Its all backwards from what you think it "normal"

1) Set your ISO like its bright daylight ~200
2) Set your shutter like you are shooting portrait photos in the 1800's > 20sec
3) f-stop (if you have any idea what this is, you should know) set like you are "opening" your eye just like you are seeing them. WIDE OPEN. Start with 1 - 1.4.

If you want that HUGE shot, DON'T use telephoto lenses. Use a zoom, and set yourself back from the action.

Basically, everything flip all intuition on its a$$

have fun.

Why use a low ISO if the scene is dark enough to warrant ultra low shutter speeds and wide f-stops? I don't understand.

Probably missing something obvious... I know little about photography.

What you want to do is have the shutter OPEN for a long time. Some exposures might be 5sec. This way you will get the HUGE launch, explosion, and shape.

Like I said, up is down. Think of it this way. Watch a firework explode. How long did it take? Longer than you think?

Ah, okay, I see what you mean. Cheers
"If it comes down to Trump or Clinton, I'd vote Trump."

"Well, long story short, the video I thought was of a wedding was of kinky lesbian porn"

"Feminists may just be some of the most petty people ever."

"Shoutout to [...] Shab for being entertaining to listen to in Hangouts.

Extra shoutout to Shab for his excellent taste of film.
[...] he is fantastic company"

"Stray Dog - Mifune
Yojimbo - Mifune"

~ MissBailey8, Noted White Nationalist