Upcoming elections and other stuff

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 7:25:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
DDO Elections:

The DDO Presidential Elections will start on Thursday July 7th, sometime in the evening, probably around 8pm Central time. Voting will close on Sunday July 10th, exactly 72 hours after voting begins (to the exact second of the time stamp when the thread was posted).

The voting requirements are as follows:

The member's account must have 2 months minimum of membership on the site, and must also meet just one of the following bullet points:

- 1,000 posts
- 5 debates without any forfeits AND 100 posts
- 3 debates without any forfeits AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods AND 100 posts
- 500 posts AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods

DDO Hall of Fame:

Every 6 months, just after the presidential elections, we hold Hall of Fame elections. There have been some suggestions that we change the frequency of the HoF voting, to be once a year, instead of twice a year. So in practice, this would mean that instead of following HoF voting right after the July and January prez elections, we would reserve HoF voting for just once a year, and I think if there's enough support for this, we should just do so every January following those elections.

I have no idea if there is any support for this beyond the member's who have suggested it, so I figured I'd post this asking members about their thoughts on the idea.

So are you fine with the twice yearly HoF voting? Would you prefer it be just once a year?

Currently every 6 months we vote in 3 members, 3 threads and debates. Should we adjust that as well? In other words do it once a year, but increase the totals? Or rather, keep doing it every 6 months, but lower the number that get voted in in each voting period? Perhaps we should increase the numbers? Or change the format entirely...

Please feel encouraged to share your thoughts on HoF changes in general, and any other suggestion you might have for how this should be changed, if at all.

Thanks
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 7:42:26 PM
I actually think it's a good idea to reduce HoF voting to once a year. We've already got most of the legendary members in the HoF, keeping voting the same would o my allow for more mediocre members to be initiated

I still want my HoF entry to be fuckin updated though <3
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 7:50:16 PM
For a breakdown on the campaigns: http://www.debate.org...
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 7:51:07 PM
This sucks. I will be working when the election starts, and will miss the normal opening drama
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 7:51:11 PM
Once a year. I also motion to have presidential elections once a year.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:09:14 PM
At 7/4/2016 7:25:51 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
So are you fine with the twice yearly HoF voting? Would you prefer it be just once a year?

Currently every 6 months we vote in 3 members, 3 threads and debates. Should we adjust that as well? In other words do it once a year, but increase the totals? Or rather, keep doing it every 6 months, but lower the number that get voted in in each voting period? Perhaps we should increase the numbers? Or change the format entirely...

Please feel encouraged to share your thoughts on HoF changes in general, and any other suggestion you might have for how this should be changed, if at all.

Once a year, leave the format as is. No increase in the number. The quality of site is in decline and at the current pace of additions, we're going to be watering down what it means to be in the HoF.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:11:06 PM
Everyone should be in the HoF because we're all special and deserve participation trophies <3
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:12:53 PM
5 people a year.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:14:22 PM
DDO Elections:

The DDO Presidential Elections will start on Thursday July 7th, sometime in the evening, probably around 8pm Central time. Voting will close on Sunday July 10th, exactly 72 hours after voting begins (to the exact second of the time stamp when the thread was posted).

The voting requirements are as follows:

The member's account must have 2 months minimum of membership on the site, and must also meet just one of the following bullet points:

- 1,000 posts
- 5 debates without any forfeits AND 100 posts
- 3 debates without any forfeits AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods AND 100 posts
- 500 posts AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods

DDO Hall of Fame:

Every 6 months, just after the presidential elections, we hold Hall of Fame elections. There have been some suggestions that we change the frequency of the HoF voting, to be once a year, instead of twice a year. So in practice, this would mean that instead of following HoF voting right after the July and January prez elections, we would reserve HoF voting for just once a year, and I think if there's enough support for this, we should just do so every January following those elections.

I have no idea if there is any support for this beyond the member's who have suggested it, so I figured I'd post this asking members about their thoughts on the idea.

Thanks

can we unvote?

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:15:11 PM
At 7/4/2016 7:51:11 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

presidential elections every 4 years

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:16:10 PM
3 people and debates a year, but 6 threads a year seems reasonable.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:20:44 PM
I agree with once a year.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:23:57 PM
you already know i'm in with once a year at 3 entries

I've been badgering you about this for the better part of a year, thank you for posting this finally
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:25:49 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:25:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/4/2016 8:14:22 PM, fire_wings wrote:

can we unvote?

No.

ok

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:26:09 PM
I don't need to go to all the drama after 3 days!!!

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:33:00 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:15:11 PM, fire_wings wrote:

That would actually be interesting to have the DDO Presidential elections every 4 years to coincide with the US Presidential elections.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:33:30 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:33:00 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

That would actually be interesting to have the DDO Presidential elections every 4 years to coincide with the US Presidential elections.

But I won't prefer it

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:34:14 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:33:30 PM, fire_wings wrote:

But I won't prefer it

Neither would I. Maybe every two years
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:40:09 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:34:14 PM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 7/4/2016 8:33:30 PM, fire_wings wrote:

But I won't prefer it

Neither would I. Maybe every two years

I like 6 months.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:46:34 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:09:14 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Once a year, leave the format as is. No increase in the number. The quality of site is in decline and at the current pace of additions, we're going to be watering down what it means to be in the HoF.

Are you in the HoF? I can't remember.
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:50:38 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:46:34 PM, YYW wrote:

You can check.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:52:16 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:50:38 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/4/2016 8:46:34 PM, YYW wrote:

You can check.

So.... no?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:54:04 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:53:03 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/4/2016 8:52:16 PM, YYW wrote:
So.... no?

Check and see.

Ah yes! I recall now. I actually helped FT write your entry, if I recall. I should have remembered...

(Note: even though I think you're too emotional and sensitive, I don't dislike you lol)
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:57:44 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:54:04 PM, YYW wrote:
So.... no?

Check and see.

Ah yes! I recall now. I actually helped FT write your entry, if I recall. I should have remembered...

(Note: even though I think you're too emotional and sensitive, I don't dislike you lol)

Oh, I'm sure you are lying about that as you lie about everything else. I don't care whether you like or dislike me.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:58:52 PM
At 7/4/2016 8:57:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/4/2016 8:54:04 PM, YYW wrote:
So.... no?

Check and see.

Oh, I'm sure you are lying about that as you lie about everything else. I don't care whether you like or dislike me.

lol ask FT

You are so weird.
Tsar of DDO