Jump to topic:

Nominate me for debate judge on Religion

AtheistBrony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 11:51:19 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I am an atheist who can retain neutrality in favor of a out of the box, and inside the box, thorough logical thinking about the potential realities being infinite thus potentially infinite religions can exist(until the size of the universe is known and that its proven there is no multiverse), so to determine which of the potentially infinite spiritual or religious is most true I would say their degree of truth is all equally 1/infinite if I were to start at a neutral position.

I would do research on my own time and decide ONLY based on what evidences or arguments are presented, not what reality appears to be.

Because of this you can expect me to be a logically favoring neutral atheist and I can prove I know some about debating, its not hard (for me, cant speak for the rest of the religion forum).
https://upload.wikimedia.org...'s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg/1280px-Graham's_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg.png
This is a simple and effect method of determining what is true and I shall strive to adhere to it.

But I will note what people say and what I read it as can differ. I am not a theologian. I have studied an ok amount on my spare time though enough to determine no religion is true more than another and I think I am being very honest and fair.

The sort of things I have studied on my own time are at least one nomadic mythology and at least one sedentary mythology from each continent to spot similarities and try understanding the differences. Why I am an atheist is because none of those cultures had technology unexplained which was passed down from a deity as an omniscient deity would obviously do if it was honest and did prefer such a group of people. There is also the problem of why is it local and not widespread and why do they all conflict with each other? And none of them were eternal.

You might supposed I believe in science, yes, you are currently on a computer running on electricity aren't you? Scientific knowledge helped develop monitors cpu cooling systems and stuff. Of course its real.

But again I will debate from a perspective that is only considering the arguments, not which side is true from the start, so if an atheist for example were to use ad hominems during the debate then I would obviously, presuming the opposition didn't as well, vote against them for the round. If both resort to ad hominems I will have to raise my consciousness to that of reality, because if both are trying to discredit each other and all ad hominems are equal (unless I can vote for neither of them) then I do need to consider which ones seem the most accurate which does depend on external knowledge to the debate, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Cheers, and best of luck for your future debates.
They say they want to save people from hell, but I see them trying to save people with hell. They deny science when on a computer. They say the bible is metaphors for some parts and not others, and follow some parts and not others. They believe their culture more than their bible they supposedly follow, and will deny any contradictions of the bible. Then say we are the dishonest ones? Since we don't believe in a deity which is equally as convincing as any other then god made the devil knowingly?
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 11:56:18 PM
You have the worst username I've ever seen.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 12:08:52 AM
At 7/5/2016 11:56:18 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 5:55:57 PM
No thank you.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:05:08 PM
At 7/6/2016 12:08:52 AM, someloser wrote:
At 7/5/2016 11:56:18 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JohnF.Kennedy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:17:52 PM
In an ideal world people like you would be sent to gulags
I actually do not care at all about any refugees, I have said time and time again that Europes external borders should be maintained by autonomous 30mm grenade launchers firing air burst rounds.