Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

**ANNOUNCING that I am RUNNING**

PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:09:28 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Users of DDO, it is now the moment that none of you have been waiting for. I've been hinting it throughout these 6 or so months and that day has finally come. I will be running for "president" of this broken website. Why you may ask? Well, for one all of the candidates are communists (as proven in this thread http://www.debate.org...). Two, none of the platforms seem ideal to me. None of them are worthy. In fact, the only platform that could ever be ideal is my own. I know they all mean well, but they just didn't think this through. There are too many problems with this site for anyone "normal" candidate to "fix" it. This site cannot be fixed and it would be unfortunate if a user didn't know that perfectly well. Nor do I want it to be fixed. Some of you look back years ago with nostalgia, believing that this site could be "great again". But no, this site was never great. How can it be if it isn't going to"evolve? And so, I present my platform:

Abolishing the Presidency

Democracy is weak and flawed. We have the irrational voter and all of the "drama" accompanied with it. Bsh and a few others were effective, I give them full marks for that, but there is inevitability. They rise only to fall. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. And that lie would be that the presidency will improve this site. That is why, my dear users, I will be abolishing the presidency. But unlike Mr. Bench, I will not be removing the office. There will be no conventions. There will only be "me". What do I mean by this? Well, the presidency will certainly be abolished, but it will also be replaced with something better. I have come to lead you. I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few: my puppets and formal rulership. The great strength of the totalitarian site is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it. I was chosen to help this site and now I will save it. You shall refer to me as the Empress, as is right. There will be no elections until I either grow old and wither away, or respectfully resign when my work here is done. Out with the old, in with the new.

Effective Moderation

With the benefit of hindsight, Maxwell's moderation is subject to criticism and is full of flaws. Despite common belief, I am his biggest criticizer. You see, it's a misfortune to have him as a moderator. Why? He's just objectively wrong with how he moderates. We shall regain our health only by eliminating the Jew from this position. His position shall be, of course, replaced by me. And there will be no room for disputing decisions. Consistency is one thing I thrive most with. But you will never learn what I am thinking. The decisions, I assure you, will be made for the greater good. I will speak with the common will. Moderation will be just, swift, and, if necessary, brutal. There is no room for...weakness, of which there will also be no mercy for. Maxwell will have use. He certainly had a cult of personality and was loved by all. But lately haven't you seen all of his "greatness" begin to crumble? He will "assist". But that is all. He will act as my...adviser, to a lesser extent. He does know how this site works, but he isn't giving it his all. He's just scratching the surface. I will surround myself with powerful people who can do what needs to be done, with my superior judgment, of course.

Bureaucracy the Likes of Which you Have Never Seen Before

If there's one thing I hate it's micromanaging. There's just so many strings leading to one person. That would be the flaw of the Absolute Sovereign. The web of control needs to be beautiful. Maxwell had the idea, but he could never see the bigger picture. There aren't enough reliable females on this site to make this site a utopia for all of you, but we'll have to settle for the stronger willed of the weaker sex of this site. There will be a "moderator" for each forum of this website (of course I will still deal with the forums I have devoted myself to). But, let's not get finicky with titles here. I will have eyes and ears everywhere. Nothing will go wrong without me or my "puppets" knowing about it. They will be everywhere. Those of you who follow the law will have nothing to worry about. These puppets will be those that are loyal and report to me directly, or the most trusted if I am unable to assist at the time. And we turn the page now to the "problematic users" that stalk the forums. We want these...inferior ones to be faithful, and they must learn fidelity. We want them to be obedient, and they must practice obedience. We want them to be peace-loving, but we do not want these subordinates to grow soft, instead we want to be hard enough so that it will be able to withstand the hardships of life. Free to express themselves, add content, but without causing...disruption. I won't tolerate toxicity, which is why they will be watched. Until reformed, of course or...justice will be unforgiving. We will destroy toxicity by all and any means.

**More to Come**
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:09:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Lack of Voting

The dissatisfied complain about the voting standards, the voting quality, the voting quantity, the voting moderation, voting this, voting that, voting, and voting. I'm tired of it. Mr. Flame is one of the only men I could ever have respect for. He's efficient, thorough, and cares. I like that. I like seeing my perfection in others. He will remain voting moderator and have access to do things himself, like I will. But that isn't going to stop the issues. There cannot be a constructive voting process between a just administration and a democracy. While I'd love to get rid of voting all together and just have those willing to give feedback on debates, there needs to be compromise. History shows that there are no invincible policies. The most powerful movements will always have differences. The common rabble have suggested something interesting. The "Select Winner" system is infinitely superior to the "7 Point system", which is why I will be making it the norm. But that still isn't enough. Voters will have to choose whether they want moderation, semi-moderation, favored moderation, or no moderation debates. The moderation debates will have RFD's required and the RFD's will be scanned for efficiency. Failure to comply with standards will result in vote removal and, if the user's vote is a disgrace, that user will be banned for 3 days to reflect on his failures. If he complains he will be banned permanently. Favored Moderation debates are slightly different. Here, RFD's are required, but the RFD will only be scanned for efficiency if either one or both of the debaters disagree on its efficiency. A puppet will then conduct a liaison between the users and decide if the vote is efficient or not. If one of the debaters disagrees with the puppet's decision, that debater will have all of his votes removed. If he continues to complain, he will be subject to public humiliation. Semi-Moderation debates will not require RFD's, but if an RFD is made it will be subject to the standard analysis process. No Moderation debates are a free-for-all, but the debaters are free to ask users to make an RFD, and are free to whine about the RFD's all they want. But there's always this "issue" with the competence of the head puppets. To solve this little issue, Mr. Flame will be directed to select his own little puppets that he will "moderate". Maxwell will then moderate Mr. Flame. And I will moderate Maxwell. So you have a three-step complaining process. Complain about the little puppets then you go to the head, complain about the head, you then go to the adviser, you complain about the adviser then you go to me, and I will then lay the final judgment. Complaining about me, who is objectively right about nearly everything, will result in a permanent banning. Thus, I consider it completely unimportant who the voter is and who the gnat is. They will all be treated the same. All debates with uninformed users will be informed of this either through PMs or comments.

Miscellaneous Things

Liaison with Juggle

Juggle is dead. If it makes you feel any better you can call me the Juggle Rep.

My Past

Although nothing I did was ever objectively wrong, I will behave as your Empress, for this position was bestowed upon me by you. It would be treachery to spit on that honor and expectations bestowed.

Tournaments and Mafia

There will be official tournaments conducted in a cycle by competent people. You are also free to make your own, unofficial tournament, which will have their own special puppets watching over it because you're probably not competent. Administration programs, mentoring, etc. are free to be created by competent, higher-level puppets, who can make little puppets. As for Mafia, you idiots do whatever you want with that stupid game. The Game's moderator will be well-versed in the art of this, and hopefully he/she will choose competent little puppets to ensure orderly and "fun" games. If I find lack of fun someone is going to be banned *cough* the unhappy ones *cough*. Mafia will also be renamed to Happyville.

Getting More Voters

One of the methods of punishment will be forcing users to vote on debates at request, and make phenomenal RFD's. Failure to do so will result in, you guessed it, a permanent ban. You should be happy to know that the future is ours entirely.

Who will be Puppets and Punishments for Incompetence

My hand is righteous and I will objectively choose the main ones. They will semi-objectively choose their little puppets. There can be multiple puppets for one thing, as well as one puppet for multiple things. If I feel a puppet fails to do their job properly, they will be subject to public humiliation, their most sensitive PM's will be read out loud, and they will be permanently banned.

Social Improvements

DDO is too social already, and to make up to it some willing puppets will make substantive posts.

Snowflakes

Snowflakes are pretty. I love the winter.

Updates

No one reads those. You can all presume everything is better than before. As for technical updates, Maxwell will happily hijack the website from Juggle, who will not notice, and work on the technical aspects of it with help if needed.

Drama

If you feel the need to be a little schmuck, you are free to deactivate or ask to be banned. If you do neither you will learn what true drama is. And, as a hint, it will be a tragedy on your part.

You Banned Blah Blah, but Didn't Ban Blee Blah Who Behaved Worse

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Guess what? Both Blah Blah, Blee Blah (if assessed to actually be a problem, which is highly unlikely considering the administrative efficiency), and you will be gone before you can hit the first keystroke.

Why is this Announcement the Day before the Election?

Oh, you silly little gnat. It's because I'm more important than you.

Moderators Can't Run for President

I'm not running for President, now am I? I'm running for Empress, hence the next point. Although, as a reminder, if someone gets enough votes they'll be forced to be President. So technically you can just say I'm making a joke thread, even if this is obviously not a joke. After all, I only tell the truth, lobbyists.

One Last Thing

I will only accept office if I gain 76% of the vote. If you disagree with me maybe one day you'll understand. Sometimes you just need a little more time. But not everyone can be brought to the light, which is why I set it at 76%. I will run as a perennial candidate with this platform until I am justly elected.

TL;DR

Empress, banning people, objectivity, bureaucracy, utility, probably Nazi and Trump quotes, something about voting, yadda, yadda, yadda. I won't tolerate the politically uninformed. Read it and weep tears of joy or tears of sadness. Be able to make an informed decision, or you will have a very hard time surviving the purity of starting again. The site made clear for us to rebuild.

That is all. I will refuse to attack any other candidate for they may be useful when I rule.

Have a rainbow day!
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:28:10 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/6/2016 11:25:58 PM, Forever23 wrote:
You have my vote!

Most appreciated.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Matriarchy!!!!!!
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:14:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

I now love you. You are the answer to all of DDO's problems.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:19:46 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/6/2016 11:09:28 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Users of DDO, it is now the moment that none of you have been waiting for. I've been hinting it throughout these 6 or so months and that day has finally come. I will be running for "president" of this broken website. Why you may ask? Well, for one all of the candidates are communists (as proven in this thread http://www.debate.org...). Two, none of the platforms seem ideal to me. None of them are worthy. In fact, the only platform that could ever be ideal is my own. I know they all mean well, but they just didn't think this through. There are too many problems with this site for anyone "normal" candidate to "fix" it. This site cannot be fixed and it would be unfortunate if a user didn't know that perfectly well. Nor do I want it to be fixed. Some of you look back years ago with nostalgia, believing that this site could be "great again". But no, this site was never great. How can it be if it isn't going to"evolve? And so, I present my platform:

Abolishing the Presidency

Democracy is weak and flawed. We have the irrational voter and all of the "drama" accompanied with it. Bsh and a few others were effective, I give them full marks for that, but there is inevitability. They rise only to fall. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. And that lie would be that the presidency will improve this site. That is why, my dear users, I will be abolishing the presidency. But unlike Mr. Bench, I will not be removing the office. There will be no conventions. There will only be "me". What do I mean by this? Well, the presidency will certainly be abolished, but it will also be replaced with something better. I have come to lead you. I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few: my puppets and formal rulership. The great strength of the totalitarian site is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it. I was chosen to help this site and now I will save it. You shall refer to me as the Empress, as is right. There will be no elections until I either grow old and wither away, or respectfully resign when my work here is done. Out with the old, in with the new.

Effective Moderation

With the benefit of hindsight, Maxwell's moderation is subject to criticism and is full of flaws. Despite common belief, I am his biggest criticizer. You see, it's a misfortune to have him as a moderator. Why? He's just objectively wrong with how he moderates. We shall regain our health only by eliminating the Jew from this position. His position shall be, of course, replaced by me. And there will be no room for disputing decisions. Consistency is one thing I thrive most with. But you will never learn what I am thinking. The decisions, I assure you, will be made for the greater good. I will speak with the common will. Moderation will be just, swift, and, if necessary, brutal. There is no room for...weakness, of which there will also be no mercy for. Maxwell will have use. He certainly had a cult of personality and was loved by all. But lately haven't you seen all of his "greatness" begin to crumble? He will "assist". But that is all. He will act as my...adviser, to a lesser extent. He does know how this site works, but he isn't giving it his all. He's just scratching the surface. I will surround myself with powerful people who can do what needs to be done, with my superior judgment, of course.

Bureaucracy the Likes of Which you Have Never Seen Before

If there's one thing I hate it's micromanaging. There's just so many strings leading to one person. That would be the flaw of the Absolute Sovereign. The web of control needs to be beautiful. Maxwell had the idea, but he could never see the bigger picture. There aren't enough reliable females on this site to make this site a utopia for all of you, but we'll have to settle for the stronger willed of the weaker sex of this site. There will be a "moderator" for each forum of this website (of course I will still deal with the forums I have devoted myself to). But, let's not get finicky with titles here. I will have eyes and ears everywhere. Nothing will go wrong without me or my "puppets" knowing about it. They will be everywhere. Those of you who follow the law will have nothing to worry about. These puppets will be those that are loyal and report to me directly, or the most trusted if I am unable to assist at the time. And we turn the page now to the "problematic users" that stalk the forums. We want these...inferior ones to be faithful, and they must learn fidelity. We want them to be obedient, and they must practice obedience. We want them to be peace-loving, but we do not want these subordinates to grow soft, instead we want to be hard enough so that it will be able to withstand the hardships of life. Free to express themselves, add content, but without causing...disruption. I won't tolerate toxicity, which is why they will be watched. Until reformed, of course or...justice will be unforgiving. We will destroy toxicity by all and any means.

**More to Come**

Heil Peters
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:21:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 12:19:46 AM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:09:28 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Users of DDO, it is now the moment that none of you have been waiting for. I've been hinting it throughout these 6 or so months and that day has finally come. I will be running for "president" of this broken website. Why you may ask? Well, for one all of the candidates are communists (as proven in this thread http://www.debate.org...). Two, none of the platforms seem ideal to me. None of them are worthy. In fact, the only platform that could ever be ideal is my own. I know they all mean well, but they just didn't think this through. There are too many problems with this site for anyone "normal" candidate to "fix" it. This site cannot be fixed and it would be unfortunate if a user didn't know that perfectly well. Nor do I want it to be fixed. Some of you look back years ago with nostalgia, believing that this site could be "great again". But no, this site was never great. How can it be if it isn't going to"evolve? And so, I present my platform:

Abolishing the Presidency

Democracy is weak and flawed. We have the irrational voter and all of the "drama" accompanied with it. Bsh and a few others were effective, I give them full marks for that, but there is inevitability. They rise only to fall. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. And that lie would be that the presidency will improve this site. That is why, my dear users, I will be abolishing the presidency. But unlike Mr. Bench, I will not be removing the office. There will be no conventions. There will only be "me". What do I mean by this? Well, the presidency will certainly be abolished, but it will also be replaced with something better. I have come to lead you. I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few: my puppets and formal rulership. The great strength of the totalitarian site is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it. I was chosen to help this site and now I will save it. You shall refer to me as the Empress, as is right. There will be no elections until I either grow old and wither away, or respectfully resign when my work here is done. Out with the old, in with the new.

Effective Moderation

With the benefit of hindsight, Maxwell's moderation is subject to criticism and is full of flaws. Despite common belief, I am his biggest criticizer. You see, it's a misfortune to have him as a moderator. Why? He's just objectively wrong with how he moderates. We shall regain our health only by eliminating the Jew from this position. His position shall be, of course, replaced by me. And there will be no room for disputing decisions. Consistency is one thing I thrive most with. But you will never learn what I am thinking. The decisions, I assure you, will be made for the greater good. I will speak with the common will. Moderation will be just, swift, and, if necessary, brutal. There is no room for...weakness, of which there will also be no mercy for. Maxwell will have use. He certainly had a cult of personality and was loved by all. But lately haven't you seen all of his "greatness" begin to crumble? He will "assist". But that is all. He will act as my...adviser, to a lesser extent. He does know how this site works, but he isn't giving it his all. He's just scratching the surface. I will surround myself with powerful people who can do what needs to be done, with my superior judgment, of course.

Bureaucracy the Likes of Which you Have Never Seen Before

If there's one thing I hate it's micromanaging. There's just so many strings leading to one person. That would be the flaw of the Absolute Sovereign. The web of control needs to be beautiful. Maxwell had the idea, but he could never see the bigger picture. There aren't enough reliable females on this site to make this site a utopia for all of you, but we'll have to settle for the stronger willed of the weaker sex of this site. There will be a "moderator" for each forum of this website (of course I will still deal with the forums I have devoted myself to). But, let's not get finicky with titles here. I will have eyes and ears everywhere. Nothing will go wrong without me or my "puppets" knowing about it. They will be everywhere. Those of you who follow the law will have nothing to worry about. These puppets will be those that are loyal and report to me directly, or the most trusted if I am unable to assist at the time. And we turn the page now to the "problematic users" that stalk the forums. We want these...inferior ones to be faithful, and they must learn fidelity. We want them to be obedient, and they must practice obedience. We want them to be peace-loving, but we do not want these subordinates to grow soft, instead we want to be hard enough so that it will be able to withstand the hardships of life. Free to express themselves, add content, but without causing...disruption. I won't tolerate toxicity, which is why they will be watched. Until reformed, of course or...justice will be unforgiving. We will destroy toxicity by all and any means.

**More to Come**

Heil Peters

I look forward to your vote.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:21:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/6/2016 11:09:28 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Users of DDO, it is now the moment that none of you have been waiting for. I've been hinting it throughout these 6 or so months and that day has finally come. I will be running for "president" of this broken website. Why you may ask? Well, for one all of the candidates are communists (as proven in this thread http://www.debate.org...). Two, none of the platforms seem ideal to me. None of them are worthy. In fact, the only platform that could ever be ideal is my own. I know they all mean well, but they just didn't think this through. There are too many problems with this site for anyone "normal" candidate to "fix" it. This site cannot be fixed and it would be unfortunate if a user didn't know that perfectly well. Nor do I want it to be fixed. Some of you look back years ago with nostalgia, believing that this site could be "great again". But no, this site was never great. How can it be if it isn't going to"evolve? And so, I present my platform:

Abolishing the Presidency

Democracy is weak and flawed. We have the irrational voter and all of the "drama" accompanied with it. Bsh and a few others were effective, I give them full marks for that, but there is inevitability. They rise only to fall. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. And that lie would be that the presidency will improve this site. That is why, my dear users, I will be abolishing the presidency. But unlike Mr. Bench, I will not be removing the office. There will be no conventions. There will only be "me". What do I mean by this? Well, the presidency will certainly be abolished, but it will also be replaced with something better. I have come to lead you. I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few: my puppets and formal rulership. The great strength of the totalitarian site is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it. I was chosen to help this site and now I will save it. You shall refer to me as the Empress, as is right. There will be no elections until I either grow old and wither away, or respectfully resign when my work here is done. Out with the old, in with the new.

Effective Moderation

With the benefit of hindsight, Maxwell's moderation is subject to criticism and is full of flaws. Despite common belief, I am his biggest criticizer. You see, it's a misfortune to have him as a moderator. Why? He's just objectively wrong with how he moderates. We shall regain our health only by eliminating the Jew from this position. His position shall be, of course, replaced by me. And there will be no room for disputing decisions. Consistency is one thing I thrive most with. But you will never learn what I am thinking. The decisions, I assure you, will be made for the greater good. I will speak with the common will. Moderation will be just, swift, and, if necessary, brutal. There is no room for...weakness, of which there will also be no mercy for. Maxwell will have use. He certainly had a cult of personality and was loved by all. But lately haven't you seen all of his "greatness" begin to crumble? He will "assist". But that is all. He will act as my...adviser, to a lesser extent. He does know how this site works, but he isn't giving it his all. He's just scratching the surface. I will surround myself with powerful people who can do what needs to be done, with my superior judgment, of course.

Bureaucracy the Likes of Which you Have Never Seen Before

If there's one thing I hate it's micromanaging. There's just so many strings leading to one person. That would be the flaw of the Absolute Sovereign. The web of control needs to be beautiful. Maxwell had the idea, but he could never see the bigger picture. There aren't enough reliable females on this site to make this site a utopia for all of you, but we'll have to settle for the stronger willed of the weaker sex of this site. There will be a "moderator" for each forum of this website (of course I will still deal with the forums I have devoted myself to). But, let's not get finicky with titles here. I will have eyes and ears everywhere. Nothing will go wrong without me or my "puppets" knowing about it. They will be everywhere. Those of you who follow the law will have nothing to worry about. These puppets will be those that are loyal and report to me directly, or the most trusted if I am unable to assist at the time. And we turn the page now to the "problematic users" that stalk the forums. We want these...inferior ones to be faithful, and they must learn fidelity. We want them to be obedient, and they must practice obedience. We want them to be peace-loving, but we do not want these subordinates to grow soft, instead we want to be hard enough so that it will be able to withstand the hardships of life. Free to express themselves, add content, but without causing...disruption. I won't tolerate toxicity, which is why they will be watched. Until reformed, of course or...justice will be unforgiving. We will destroy toxicity by all and any means.

**More to Come**

I am going to vote for you because I like to constantly change who I am voting for.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:23:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 12:21:53 AM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:09:28 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Users of DDO, it is now the moment that none of you have been waiting for. I've been hinting it throughout these 6 or so months and that day has finally come. I will be running for "president" of this broken website. Why you may ask? Well, for one all of the candidates are communists (as proven in this thread http://www.debate.org...). Two, none of the platforms seem ideal to me. None of them are worthy. In fact, the only platform that could ever be ideal is my own. I know they all mean well, but they just didn't think this through. There are too many problems with this site for anyone "normal" candidate to "fix" it. This site cannot be fixed and it would be unfortunate if a user didn't know that perfectly well. Nor do I want it to be fixed. Some of you look back years ago with nostalgia, believing that this site could be "great again". But no, this site was never great. How can it be if it isn't going to"evolve? And so, I present my platform:

Abolishing the Presidency

Democracy is weak and flawed. We have the irrational voter and all of the "drama" accompanied with it. Bsh and a few others were effective, I give them full marks for that, but there is inevitability. They rise only to fall. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. And that lie would be that the presidency will improve this site. That is why, my dear users, I will be abolishing the presidency. But unlike Mr. Bench, I will not be removing the office. There will be no conventions. There will only be "me". What do I mean by this? Well, the presidency will certainly be abolished, but it will also be replaced with something better. I have come to lead you. I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few: my puppets and formal rulership. The great strength of the totalitarian site is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it. I was chosen to help this site and now I will save it. You shall refer to me as the Empress, as is right. There will be no elections until I either grow old and wither away, or respectfully resign when my work here is done. Out with the old, in with the new.

Effective Moderation

With the benefit of hindsight, Maxwell's moderation is subject to criticism and is full of flaws. Despite common belief, I am his biggest criticizer. You see, it's a misfortune to have him as a moderator. Why? He's just objectively wrong with how he moderates. We shall regain our health only by eliminating the Jew from this position. His position shall be, of course, replaced by me. And there will be no room for disputing decisions. Consistency is one thing I thrive most with. But you will never learn what I am thinking. The decisions, I assure you, will be made for the greater good. I will speak with the common will. Moderation will be just, swift, and, if necessary, brutal. There is no room for...weakness, of which there will also be no mercy for. Maxwell will have use. He certainly had a cult of personality and was loved by all. But lately haven't you seen all of his "greatness" begin to crumble? He will "assist". But that is all. He will act as my...adviser, to a lesser extent. He does know how this site works, but he isn't giving it his all. He's just scratching the surface. I will surround myself with powerful people who can do what needs to be done, with my superior judgment, of course.

Bureaucracy the Likes of Which you Have Never Seen Before

If there's one thing I hate it's micromanaging. There's just so many strings leading to one person. That would be the flaw of the Absolute Sovereign. The web of control needs to be beautiful. Maxwell had the idea, but he could never see the bigger picture. There aren't enough reliable females on this site to make this site a utopia for all of you, but we'll have to settle for the stronger willed of the weaker sex of this site. There will be a "moderator" for each forum of this website (of course I will still deal with the forums I have devoted myself to). But, let's not get finicky with titles here. I will have eyes and ears everywhere. Nothing will go wrong without me or my "puppets" knowing about it. They will be everywhere. Those of you who follow the law will have nothing to worry about. These puppets will be those that are loyal and report to me directly, or the most trusted if I am unable to assist at the time. And we turn the page now to the "problematic users" that stalk the forums. We want these...inferior ones to be faithful, and they must learn fidelity. We want them to be obedient, and they must practice obedience. We want them to be peace-loving, but we do not want these subordinates to grow soft, instead we want to be hard enough so that it will be able to withstand the hardships of life. Free to express themselves, add content, but without causing...disruption. I won't tolerate toxicity, which is why they will be watched. Until reformed, of course or...justice will be unforgiving. We will destroy toxicity by all and any means.

**More to Come**

I am going to vote for you because I like to constantly change who I am voting for.

Real change. That's exactly what will happen. And some may cry out against me because that terrifies them.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:24:37 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 12:14:50 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

I now love you. You are the answer to all of DDO's problems.

It's unfortunate that some are incapable of seeing that, but they'll be dealt with thoroughly.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:28:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
DDO's whole future is bright.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:29:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:28:57 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
DDO's whole future is bright.

https://i.ytimg.com...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:35:30 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Hahaha. One could also argue that it's biological that men are more likely to be rulers, just like supposedly women have better fine motor skills.

I mean, in a relationship, typically the guy is the one high on testosterone and more headstrong. Not always, but usually...

and I mean... the man goes down on the woman, not the other way around, unless you're into some weird stuff...

Not saying matriarchies can't work, or that men and women aren't equal, just that men and women seem to be different and the things that are pretty universal across all cultures (like incest taboo) usually seem to come from nature, rather than nurture.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:37:15 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
It's kinda funny to see two people running for the same office whenever both vow to abolish said office if elected.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:40:24 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/6/2016 11:09:28 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Users of DDO, it is now the moment that none of you have been waiting for. I've been hinting it throughout these 6 or so months and that day has finally come. I will be running for "president" of this broken website. Why you may ask? Well, for one all of the candidates are communists (as proven in this thread http://www./forums//topic/88687/). Two, none of the platforms seem ideal to me. None of them are worthy. In fact, the only platform that could ever be ideal is my own. I know they all mean well, but they just didn't think this through. There are too many problems with this site for anyone "normal" candidate to "fix" it. This site cannot be fixed and it would be unfortunate if a user didn't know that perfectly well. Nor do I want it to be fixed. Some of you look back years ago with nostalgia, believing that this site could be "great again". But no, this site was never great. How can it be if it isn't going to"evolve? And so, I present my platform:

Abolishing the Presidency

Democracy is weak and flawed. We have the irrational voter and all of the "drama" accompanied with it. Bsh and a few others were effective, I give them full marks for that, but there is inevitability. They rise only to fall. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. And that lie would be that the presidency will improve this site. That is why, my dear users, I will be abolishing the presidency. But unlike Mr. Bench, I will not be removing the office. There will be no conventions. There will only be "me". What do I mean by this? Well, the presidency will certainly be abolished, but it will also be replaced with something better. I have come to lead you. I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few: my puppets and formal rulership. The great strength of the totalitarian site is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it. I was chosen to help this site and now I will save it. You shall refer to me as the Empress, as is right. There will be no elections until I either grow old and wither away, or respectfully resign when my work here is done. Out with the old, in with the new.

Effective Moderation

With the benefit of hindsight, Maxwell's moderation is subject to criticism and is full of flaws. Despite common belief, I am his biggest criticizer. You see, it's a misfortune to have him as a moderator. Why? He's just objectively wrong with how he moderates. We shall regain our health only by eliminating the Jew from this position. His position shall be, of course, replaced by me. And there will be no room for disputing decisions. Consistency is one thing I thrive most with. But you will never learn what I am thinking. The decisions, I assure you, will be made for the greater good. I will speak with the common will. Moderation will be just, swift, and, if necessary, brutal. There is no room for...weakness, of which there will also be no mercy for. Maxwell will have use. He certainly had a cult of personality and was loved by all. But lately haven't you seen all of his "greatness" begin to crumble? He will "assist". But that is all. He will act as my...adviser, to a lesser extent. He does know how this site works, but he isn't giving it his all. He's just scratching the surface. I will surround myself with powerful people who can do what needs to be done, with my superior judgment, of course.

Bureaucracy the Likes of Which you Have Never Seen Before

If there's one thing I hate it's micromanaging. There's just so many strings leading to one person. That would be the flaw of the Absolute Sovereign. The web of control needs to be beautiful. Maxwell had the idea, but he could never see the bigger picture. There aren't enough reliable females on this site to make this site a utopia for all of you, but we'll have to settle for the stronger willed of the weaker sex of this site. There will be a "moderator" for each forum of this website (of course I will still deal with the forums I have devoted myself to). But, let's not get finicky with titles here. I will have eyes and ears everywhere. Nothing will go wrong without me or my "puppets" knowing about it. They will be everywhere. Those of you who follow the law will have nothing to worry about. These puppets will be those that are loyal and report to me directly, or the most trusted if I am unable to assist at the time. And we turn the page now to the "problematic users" that stalk the forums. We want these...inferior ones to be faithful, and they must learn fidelity. We want them to be obedient, and they must practice obedience. We want them to be peace-loving, but we do not want these subordinates to grow soft, instead we want to be hard enough so that it will be able to withstand the hardships of life. Free to express themselves, add content, but without causing...disruption. I won't tolerate toxicity, which is why they will be watched. Until reformed, of course or...justice will be unforgiving. We will destroy toxicity by all and any means.

**More to Come**

If I can become the administrations official DJ Khaled, then I'll vote for you.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:40:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:40:24 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

If I can become the administrations official DJ Khaled, then I'll vote for you.

But akhi, voting is Kufr!
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:42:00 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:35:30 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Hahaha. One could also argue that it's biological that men are more likely to be rulers, just like supposedly women have better fine motor skills.

Well that's not true. During the first civilizations it was an egalitarian society.

I mean, in a relationship, typically the guy is the one high on testosterone and more headstrong. Not always, but usually...

Yes, because you can compare a relationship to ruling the country. And I wouldn't really call men "headstrong", considering they are biologically much more aggressive than women and war has been shown to be a "man's concept".

and I mean... the man goes down on the woman, not the other way around, unless you're into some weird stuff...

What is this even supposed to prove exactly? Technically the man would be in the servile position there.

Not saying matriarchies can't work, or that men and women aren't equal, just that men and women seem to be different and the things that are pretty universal across all cultures (like incest taboo) usually seem to come from nature, rather than nurture.

Yet the patriarchy has obviously written history and they've used their brute force and aggression to do so. Women are, after all, smarter than men, yet also discouraged from taking the sciences and participating in politics because of patriarchal domination.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:44:29 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Men with more testosterone are always more attractive to women.
Men with more testosterone are more commanding.

I mean, confidence seems to follow inherently from high testosterone levels, and that's what women apparently find so darn attractive. Unless of course, you want to say that this is all just caused by society, but I have a hard time believing that if society was brainwashing us to contradict our nature, that we'd see such huge trends.

The muscular tattooed dude with veins sticking out and arms bulging and stubbly scruff with a well-featured face, who rides a motor cycle, who isn't afraid to beat the shit out of some guy harassing his girl, and is ready to dominate her in bed, yet still treats his girlfriend decently, is usually alot more sexually attractive to a straight women than a watch maker who wears Harry Potter glasses, uses a home-made handkerchief his mom made him when he moved out at age 30, wears turtle neck sweaters, and whose voice is higher and more nasally than Ichabod Crane's nose.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:48:15 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:44:29 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Men with more testosterone are always more attractive to women.

Because women survived in the BC eras by mating with the "strongest" man to protect themselves from other "strong" men.

Men with more testosterone are more commanding.

And also more aggressive. Women could easily take charge with a clearer, more rational head.

I mean, confidence seems to follow inherently from high testosterone levels, and that's what women apparently find so darn attractive. Unless of course, you want to say that this is all just caused by society, but I have a hard time believing that if society was brainwashing us to contradict our nature, that we'd see such huge trends.

You seem to also be generalizing a lot of things. Biologically they don't want weak men, but we're also humans. We shouldn't be giving into our nature, but men seem to argue from it and revert to it most.

The muscular tattooed dude with veins sticking out and arms bulging and stubbly scruff with a well-featured face, who rides a motor cycle, who isn't afraid to beat the shit out of some guy harassing his girl, and is ready to dominate her in bed, yet still treats his girlfriend decently, is usually alot more sexually attractive to a straight women than a watch maker who wears Harry Potter glasses, uses a home-made handkerchief his mom made him when he moved out at age 30, wears turtle neck sweaters, and whose voice is higher and more nasally than Ichabod Crane's nose.

What the hell are you talking about? What some people find attractive has nothing to do with this. Stop thinking about sex all the time.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:49:49 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:42:00 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:35:30 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Hahaha. One could also argue that it's biological that men are more likely to be rulers, just like supposedly women have better fine motor skills.

Well that's not true. During the first civilizations it was an egalitarian society.

I don't know enough about that to comment on it. Sources?


I mean, in a relationship, typically the guy is the one high on testosterone and more headstrong. Not always, but usually...

Yes, because you can compare a relationship to ruling the country.

Sure, why not?

And I wouldn't really call men "headstrong", considering they are biologically much more aggressive than women and war has been shown to be a "man's concept".


Doesn't this just prove that men are more likely to go out and be the hunter/warrior?

and I mean... the man goes down on the woman, not the other way around, unless you're into some weird stuff...

What is this even supposed to prove exactly? Technically the man would be in the servile position there.

Right. But he's the one instigating it physically.


Not saying matriarchies can't work, or that men and women aren't equal, just that men and women seem to be different and the things that are pretty universal across all cultures (like incest taboo) usually seem to come from nature, rather than nurture.

Yet the patriarchy has obviously written history and they've used their brute force and aggression to do so. Women are, after all, smarter than men, yet also discouraged from taking the sciences and participating in politics because of patriarchal domination.

Eh. I dunno about that. We're now getting into public education, and how society deals with that, which is a completely new and broad topic ;)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:53:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:48:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:44:29 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Men with more testosterone are always more attractive to women.

Because women survived in the BC eras by mating with the "strongest" man to protect themselves from other "strong" men.

Have things really changed that much?


Men with more testosterone are more commanding.

And also more aggressive. Women could easily take charge with a clearer, more rational head.

Perhaps. Apparently though, female behavior is far less predictable throughout all species, as opposed to mens' behavior which is more predictable. Apparently there's evolutionary basis for this.


I mean, confidence seems to follow inherently from high testosterone levels, and that's what women apparently find so darn attractive. Unless of course, you want to say that this is all just caused by society, but I have a hard time believing that if society was brainwashing us to contradict our nature, that we'd see such huge trends.

You seem to also be generalizing a lot of things. Biologically they don't want weak men, but we're also humans. We shouldn't be giving into our nature, but men seem to argue from it and revert to it most.

Why not? Biological nature isn't necessarily bad, as long as it accords with reason.


The muscular tattooed dude with veins sticking out and arms bulging and stubbly scruff with a well-featured face, who rides a motor cycle, who isn't afraid to beat the shit out of some guy harassing his girl, and is ready to dominate her in bed, yet still treats his girlfriend decently, is usually alot more sexually attractive to a straight women than a watch maker who wears Harry Potter glasses, uses a home-made handkerchief his mom made him when he moved out at age 30, wears turtle neck sweaters, and whose voice is higher and more nasally than Ichabod Crane's nose.

What the hell are you talking about? What some people find attractive has nothing to do with this. Stop thinking about sex all the time.

You gotta admit, it was a pretty funny point ;-)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:54:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:49:49 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:42:00 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:35:30 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Hahaha. One could also argue that it's biological that men are more likely to be rulers, just like supposedly women have better fine motor skills.

Well that's not true. During the first civilizations it was an egalitarian society.

I don't know enough about that to comment on it. Sources?

Ferraro & Andreatta, 2011. Cultural Anthropology: An Applied Perspective. Wordsworth.

I mean, in a relationship, typically the guy is the one high on testosterone and more headstrong. Not always, but usually...

Yes, because you can compare a relationship to ruling the country.

Sure, why not?

I hope you don't actually believe that.

And I wouldn't really call men "headstrong", considering they are biologically much more aggressive than women and war has been shown to be a "man's concept".


Doesn't this just prove that men are more likely to go out and be the hunter/warrior?

And how is that a good thing? It also proves men are more likely to start wars, kill, and abuse women. I mean, you can just look at the statistics there.

and I mean... the man goes down on the woman, not the other way around, unless you're into some weird stuff...

What is this even supposed to prove exactly? Technically the man would be in the servile position there.

Right. But he's the one instigating it physically.

Maybe heterosexual sex isn't quite what I'm imagining here. You're both engaging physically in the act. Both sides for oral sex as well. You have no point here.

Not saying matriarchies can't work, or that men and women aren't equal, just that men and women seem to be different and the things that are pretty universal across all cultures (like incest taboo) usually seem to come from nature, rather than nurture.

Yet the patriarchy has obviously written history and they've used their brute force and aggression to do so. Women are, after all, smarter than men, yet also discouraged from taking the sciences and participating in politics because of patriarchal domination.

Eh. I dunno about that. We're now getting into public education, and how society deals with that, which is a completely new and broad topic ;)

Right...I can throw some sources at you if you would like.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:00:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:54:56 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:49:49 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:42:00 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:35:30 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Hahaha. One could also argue that it's biological that men are more likely to be rulers, just like supposedly women have better fine motor skills.

Well that's not true. During the first civilizations it was an egalitarian society.

I don't know enough about that to comment on it. Sources?

Ferraro & Andreatta, 2011. Cultural Anthropology: An Applied Perspective. Wordsworth.

Cool, will look further.


I mean, in a relationship, typically the guy is the one high on testosterone and more headstrong. Not always, but usually...

Yes, because you can compare a relationship to ruling the country.

Sure, why not?

I hope you don't actually believe that.

And I wouldn't really call men "headstrong", considering they are biologically much more aggressive than women and war has been shown to be a "man's concept".


Doesn't this just prove that men are more likely to go out and be the hunter/warrior?

And how is that a good thing? It also proves men are more likely to start wars, kill, and abuse women. I mean, you can just look at the statistics there.

Yes, that's for sure true.


and I mean... the man goes down on the woman, not the other way around, unless you're into some weird stuff...

What is this even supposed to prove exactly? Technically the man would be in the servile position there.

Right. But he's the one instigating it physically.

Maybe heterosexual sex isn't quite what I'm imagining here. You're both engaging physically in the act. Both sides for oral sex as well. You have no point here.

Well yeah, but there's a reason its physically alot easier for a man to rape a woman than vice versa, which is the point I was trying to make.


Not saying matriarchies can't work, or that men and women aren't equal, just that men and women seem to be different and the things that are pretty universal across all cultures (like incest taboo) usually seem to come from nature, rather than nurture.

Yet the patriarchy has obviously written history and they've used their brute force and aggression to do so. Women are, after all, smarter than men, yet also discouraged from taking the sciences and participating in politics because of patriarchal domination.

Eh. I dunno about that. We're now getting into public education, and how society deals with that, which is a completely new and broad topic ;)

Right...I can throw some sources at you if you would like.

Here you go:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Even if men are just better at "masking" their emotions than women, this would show that men have better self-control in regards to emotion.

Of course, I'm ready to admit that there are many things that women are better at than men. Women also feel far more empathy than men do, and like I pointed out, I believe they have better fine motor skills.

That being said, a well-functioning society needs to appreciate both men and women, and enable them to both serve in roles that allow them to best use their natural gifts.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:00:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 3:53:26 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:48:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:44:29 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Men with more testosterone are always more attractive to women.

Because women survived in the BC eras by mating with the "strongest" man to protect themselves from other "strong" men.

Have things really changed that much?

Well, not all women prefer the "strongest man" now. And if it hasn't changed enough that's a problem. Although it also doesn't really matter. You need to create genetically superior children, so the "strongest man" would also be looking for the woman with the most positive traits physically and mentally. You're observing this too much from a man's perspective.

Men with more testosterone are more commanding.

And also more aggressive. Women could easily take charge with a clearer, more rational head.

Perhaps. Apparently though, female behavior is far less predictable throughout all species, as opposed to mens' behavior which is more predictable. Apparently there's evolutionary basis for this.

And how does this prove anything? It doesn't matter if it's predictable or not. What it does matter is what it's predicting. We "predict" that men are going to be more aggressive. That isn't a comfort. And we can also predict what women are statistically not going to do. You're not making a point here.

I mean, confidence seems to follow inherently from high testosterone levels, and that's what women apparently find so darn attractive. Unless of course, you want to say that this is all just caused by society, but I have a hard time believing that if society was brainwashing us to contradict our nature, that we'd see such huge trends.

You seem to also be generalizing a lot of things. Biologically they don't want weak men, but we're also humans. We shouldn't be giving into our nature, but men seem to argue from it and revert to it most.

Why not? Biological nature isn't necessarily bad, as long as it accords with reason.

Reason? Nature controls "reason". You don't try to control it, especially since you're saying it "isn't bad". Just look at the world today. That's what biological nature does. Right now you're saying it's okay for a man to biologically be more inclined to harm the world.

The muscular tattooed dude with veins sticking out and arms bulging and stubbly scruff with a well-featured face, who rides a motor cycle, who isn't afraid to beat the shit out of some guy harassing his girl, and is ready to dominate her in bed, yet still treats his girlfriend decently, is usually alot more sexually attractive to a straight women than a watch maker who wears Harry Potter glasses, uses a home-made handkerchief his mom made him when he moved out at age 30, wears turtle neck sweaters, and whose voice is higher and more nasally than Ichabod Crane's nose.

What the hell are you talking about? What some people find attractive has nothing to do with this. Stop thinking about sex all the time.

You gotta admit, it was a pretty funny point ;-)

It wasn't funny and it also wasn't a point.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:12:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 4:00:18 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:53:26 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:48:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:44:29 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:32:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:30:42 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/7/2016 12:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/6/2016 11:54:09 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Matriarchy!!!!!!

It's the only effective way.

You know, there have been very very few matriarchies that actually worked, or that weren't actually patriarchies where women had power but had to play by men's rules.

There have also been very very few matriarchies (I can't actually recall any). And the ones that didn't work obviously it would be because men are terrified of women ruling, mainly because they refuse to give up their power. Like Maxwell here.

Men with more testosterone are always more attractive to women.

Because women survived in the BC eras by mating with the "strongest" man to protect themselves from other "strong" men.

Have things really changed that much?

Well, not all women prefer the "strongest man" now. And if it hasn't changed enough that's a problem. Although it also doesn't really matter. You need to create genetically superior children, so the "strongest man" would also be looking for the woman with the most positive traits physically and mentally. You're observing this too much from a man's perspective.

Yeah, lots of women prefer women, that's true... ;)

Though yes, I agree, the strongest man is not just a physical attribute, it's also emotional.


Men with more testosterone are more commanding.

And also more aggressive. Women could easily take charge with a clearer, more rational head.

Perhaps. Apparently though, female behavior is far less predictable throughout all species, as opposed to mens' behavior which is more predictable. Apparently there's evolutionary basis for this.

And how does this prove anything? It doesn't matter if it's predictable or not. What it does matter is what it's predicting. We "predict" that men are going to be more aggressive. That isn't a comfort. And we can also predict what women are statistically not going to do. You're not making a point here.

Fair point.


I mean, confidence seems to follow inherently from high testosterone levels, and that's what women apparently find so darn attractive. Unless of course, you want to say that this is all just caused by society, but I have a hard time believing that if society was brainwashing us to contradict our nature, that we'd see such huge trends.

You seem to also be generalizing a lot of things. Biologically they don't want weak men, but we're also humans. We shouldn't be giving into our nature, but men seem to argue from it and revert to it most.

Why not? Biological nature isn't necessarily bad, as long as it accords with reason.

Reason? Nature controls "reason". You don't try to control it, especially since you're saying it "isn't bad". Just look at the world today. That's what biological nature does. Right now you're saying it's okay for a man to biologically be more inclined to harm the world.

Lol. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being made a certain way, in the sense that you can't be held accountable for it. Whether or not men would be better if they were less aggressive, I'm not sure. Probably yes.

However, like I said, we can use reason to realize that some things aren't "good" for us. You can reason that cheating on your spouse is bad, or that murdering your children is bad... Even if you had a naturally occurring inclination to do something like this, you should temper it with your reason. However, I must point out, this is pretty impossible to do without self-control, which, like literally no guys have nowadays, considering they can't even go a day without watching porn.

So yeah, in this regards, guys are doing absolutely horrible, and it's mandatory that they change if we want a healthy society.


The muscular tattooed dude with veins sticking out and arms bulging and stubbly scruff with a well-featured face, who rides a motor cycle, who isn't afraid to beat the shit out of some guy harassing his girl, and is ready to dominate her in bed, yet still treats his girlfriend decently, is usually alot more sexually attractive to a straight women than a watch maker who wears Harry Potter glasses, uses a home-made handkerchief his mom made him when he moved out at age 30, wears turtle neck sweaters, and whose voice is higher and more nasally than Ichabod Crane's nose.

What the hell are you talking about? What some people find attractive has nothing to do with this. Stop thinking about sex all the time.

You gotta admit, it was a pretty funny point ;-)

It wasn't funny and it also wasn't a point.

Aww shucky darn.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:37:11 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/7/2016 4:00:05 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
Well yeah, but there's a reason its physically alot easier for a man to rape a woman than vice versa, which is the point I was trying to make.

Are you serious? What you just said here proves that there's a problem. "The point I'm trying to make includes that for men it's physically easier to rape women". That's not okay, nor should it even be a problem. But it is a problem because men give into their instinct.
Here you go:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Even if men are just better at "masking" their emotions than women, this would show that men have better self-control in regards to emotion.

Of course, I'm ready to admit that there are many things that women are better at than men. Women also feel far more empathy than men do, and like I pointed out, I believe they have better fine motor skills.

That being said, a well-functioning society needs to appreciate both men and women, and enable them to both serve in roles that allow them to best use their natural gifts.

I said I would be throwing the sources at you: Women have greater fine-motor coordination, they are healthier, they have larger vocabularies and can read better, girls are better in arithmetic and have greater basic math concepts, girls remember the identity of objects and locations more accurately as well as having more elaborate descriptions of past events (including faces), girls are better able to identify and express emotions, girls are more likely to form group harmony, girls are better at regulating behaviors, inhibit inappropriate responding, and focus their attention (Kail, 2015). The studies used are: Verbal: is Feldman et al., 2000; Leaper and Smith, 2004. Spatial (rotating in two dimensions): Miller and Halperin, 2014. Mathematics: Lindberg et al, 2010. Memory: Miller and Halpern, 204; Voyer et al, 2007; Herlitz and Loven, 2013; and Grysman and Hudson, 2013. Emotional identification: Alexander and Wilcox, 2012; Thompson and Voyer, 2014. Social harmony: Strough and Berg, 2000. Effortful control: Else-Quest et al., 2006; Gagne, Miller, and Goldsmith, 2012. Women are also holistic thinkers while men have specialized thinking. Also, IQ tests are have been constructed so that there are no overall score differences between females and males (Neisser et al., 1996). However, apparently an WJ III IQ test showed that females in adolescence and adulthood have higher IQs then men (Keith et al.,2008). There was also a test conducted by a Missouri researcher who found that women were, in general, worse at math than men, which resulted in a policy change that massively defunded female math programs (study done by Benbow and Stanley, 1983). However, when actually analyzed and corrected of mistakes, there was no significant difference and if you cut off the outliers, women actually scored better in the sciences overall than men (Hyde, 1981 (done beforehand); Rossi, 1983; Friedman, 1989; Hyde, Fennema, & Lamon, 1990; Nowell & Hedges, 1998; and of course Feingold, 1993). I will also mention the original Stanford"Binet IQ test showed a higher average intelligence in women, but it'd be unfair to actually include that considering IQ test advances.

In sum, men are naturally more aggressive and not as intelligent as women. Women have greater fine-motor coordination, girls are healthier, they have larger vocabularies and can read better, girls are better in arithmetic and have greater basic math concepts, girls remember the identity of objects and locations more accurately as well as having more elaborate descriptions of past events, girls are better able to identify and express emotions, girls are more likely to form group harmony, girls are better at regulating behaviors, inhibit inappropriate responding, and focus their attention (Kail, 2015). There are a lot of women, usually ignored, who did great things http://www.debate.org.... We live in a male-written history.

Here's a source for war being a "man's concept": http://www.the-american-interest.com...

As for your little spiel on biological attraction, modern love now focuses on need satisfaction and personality characteristics, on both sides, as well as similarity in backgrounds and values with the development of "love" (Rubin, Journal of personality and Social Psychology 1970 and 1974, Foundations of Personal Attraction; as well as Walster and Walster, 1978).
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...