Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Do we really need moderation (except votes)?

lord_megatron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 11:58:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Except moderating unfair voting, do we need moderation? What's the worse you can do on the internet, cap's lock me to death or hashtag me into a coma? If someone calls you a single cell battery, walk it off
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:14:52 PM
At 7/7/2016 11:58:28 AM, lord_megatron wrote:
Except moderating unfair voting, do we need moderation? What's the worse you can do on the internet, cap's lock me to death or hashtag me into a coma? If someone calls you a single cell battery, walk it off

Post inappropriate content, invade someone's privacy (read: someone from IRL revealings someone else's real name or identity), phishing, and advertise/spam (causing deterrence from site usage). Also, certain levels of harassment will cause members to leave--and could even cause psychological harms.
Just because you're magic doesn't mean you aren't real.

http://gotejas.com...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:21:45 PM
At 7/7/2016 11:58:28 AM, lord_megatron wrote:

Why would we need to moderate votes?
Stooge the Worst

#StandWithBossy

#UnbanTheCuntMan

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

"SeventhProfessor is actually a surprisingly good poster."
~Devilry

https://docs.google.com...
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:56:01 PM
I'm a redditor. Some of the best subreddits are those that are heavily and strictly moderated.

Why? Because it keeps the discussion at a high level of quality and on topic for that particular subreddit. It's something this site could use a bit of.