Jump to topic:

I'm Leaving - too much serious drama

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 6:46:50 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
The days of having fun online are over! Members threatening to commit suicide is making me sick to my stomach. The advice to these members is almost as disturbing as the suicide threats because people aren't supportive of one another until they threaten to take their own lives. Then they are paid lip service. I hope for any member who is down, that they will find the strength to continue living and overcome whatever is troubling them.

I have enjoyed much of the dialog that I read here, but issues that are serious and for which we are powerless over are not what I spend time online for. I hope this website can rebuild a sense of community where people are supportive of one another before they cry out like two members recently have.

I have responsibilities that need my attention in face to face life.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 6:54:56 AM
At 7/8/2016 6:46:50 AM, Emmarie wrote:
The days of having fun online are over! Members threatening to commit suicide is making me sick to my stomach. The advice to these members is almost as disturbing as the suicide threats because people aren't supportive of one another until they threaten to take their own lives. Then they are paid lip service. I hope for any member who is down, that they will find the strength to continue living and overcome whatever is troubling them.

The internet does that. It's filled with horrible, uncaring people. The internet causes the Dark Tetrad traits, it's not "unique" to just this website (although it might actually be worse on this website).

I have enjoyed much of the dialog that I read here, but issues that are serious and for which we are powerless over are not what I spend time online for. I hope this website can rebuild a sense of community where people are supportive of one another before they cry out like two members recently have.

That's too bad. Only you knew the truth about my schemes.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:48:05 AM

Thats the internet sweetie

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:49:55 AM

One less moron on this website, thank you for getting off this website ^_^
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 8:01:51 AM
At 7/8/2016 7:49:55 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

I don't think you understand why she's leaving. We have people that are suicidal and there have been close calls and she can't take the stress. Sure you may be happy with her being gone, but the reason why she's leaving is serious especial since these people can be dead. Do you understand that? There are people's lives that are on the line and you take it as a joke. WTF?!?!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 8:14:39 AM
At 7/8/2016 8:01:51 AM, lannan13 wrote:

I don't think you understand why she's leaving. We have people that are suicidal and there have been close calls and she can't take the stress. Sure you may be happy with her being gone, but the reason why she's leaving is serious especial since these people can be dead. Do you understand that? There are people's lives that are on the line and you take it as a joke. WTF?!?!

No one here has actually committed suicide, not that I know of
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 8:39:00 AM

oh well
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 8:39:51 AM
At 7/8/2016 8:39:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

oh well

What do you mean 'oh well.'
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 8:48:53 AM
At 7/8/2016 8:39:51 AM, lannan13 wrote:

oh well

What do you mean 'oh well.'

exactly what I mean
Semiya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 10:40:42 AM

oh well

You don't feel any empathy?
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 2:09:14 PM
At 7/8/2016 10:40:42 AM, Semiya wrote:

oh well

well do I?
Semiya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 2:20:19 PM
At 7/8/2016 2:09:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 7/8/2016 10:40:42 AM, Semiya wrote:

oh well

well do I?

I don't know. I'm asking you.
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 3:37:03 PM

While I never got to know you intimately, it is regretful that you have decided to leave. Just as it does you, it pains me to see young people such as myself who feel as if suicide is the only way out. Considering both have done this (or thought about doing this) because of bullying to some degree, I hope certain members on the site silently take note of this. Good luck with all future endeavors.

-Objectivity
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:13:31 PM
At 7/8/2016 7:09:23 PM, YYW wrote:
So F16 bullied someone off the site, yet he invented a fairy tale about me doing that. Searing hypocracy.

You know you like it... ;) I feel there's sexual tension between you two
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:18:20 PM
At 7/8/2016 7:13:31 PM, Rosalie wrote:
So F16 bullied someone off the site, yet he invented a fairy tale about me doing that. Searing hypocracy.

F16 is not my type. Mental and emotional stability are prerequisites for dating me, after all.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:27:48 PM
At 7/8/2016 7:18:20 PM, YYW wrote:

F16 is not my type. Mental and emotional stability are prerequisites for dating me, after all.

Mhmm......pretty sure you've proven that statement to be wrong, a few times. ;)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:35:52 PM
At 7/8/2016 7:45:18 AM, lord_megatron wrote:
Oh a member leaving? No one cares

Stop to think if you really should have posted this. Like really, was it necessary?
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:37:37 PM

oh well

I'm not going to assume you've never been suicidal, but still, Lannan is 100% right, this is no f ucking joke.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:42:02 PM

What bad advices are these? My experience is people have been really supportive here, surprisingly so. If you are saying people are supportive only when people get suicidal, I don't think so, a lot of people here turn out to be empathetic. But, maybe I've just missed these bad posts.

I'm sorry, I've been away from DDO, who are these two again? I think I only know one of them.
Emmarie, you are one of the most wonderful people on this site. Now I'll regret not conversing with you more when you were here.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 7:45:28 PM
At 7/8/2016 7:37:37 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

oh well

I'm not going to assume you've never been suicidal, but still, Lannan is 100% right, this is no f ucking joke.

when did I make a joke about it?
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 8:57:36 PM
At 7/8/2016 7:27:48 PM, Rosalie wrote:

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 9:01:06 PM

Savage.

https://d1lfxha3ugu3d4.cloudfront.net...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 9:27:46 PM
At 7/8/2016 9:01:06 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Savage.

https://d1lfxha3ugu3d4.cloudfront.net...

Savage is my middle name.

Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 9:49:47 PM
At 7/8/2016 6:54:56 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

The internet does that. It's filled with horrible, uncaring people. The internet causes the Dark Tetrad traits, it's not "unique" to just this website (although it might actually be worse on this website).

That's too bad. Only you knew the truth about my schemes.

Really?
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 9:57:33 PM

http://prntscr.com...
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 9:59:17 PM
At 7/8/2016 9:57:33 PM, Objectivity wrote:

http://prntscr.com...

Alright, fvckboy. I'm sure you can relate.