Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

How greats this presidential election ?

Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,611
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 6:45:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Out of 10 potatoes , 1 being poor , 10 being fantastic.
How many potatoes do you score it.?

The clarity of it ?

The professionalism ?

The maturity shown by the so called DDO elite ?
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 12:47:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 7/8/2016 6:45:44 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Out of 10 potatoes , 1 being poor , 10 being fantastic.
How many potatoes do you score it.?

The clarity of it ?

The professionalism ?

The maturity shown by the so called DDO elite ?

I found the last one funny, but haven't followed this one, which, to the extent that I've noticed it, has been irritating.

Three members have lobbied me by private message for votes. I've defriended two of them for being spammy, cynical and patronising. The third withdrew the request and had already earned my respect for other reasons, thus escaping my axe.

Meanwhile, to answer your question... the potato is actually a member of the nightshade family, and it happens that green potatoes can be toxic (not because of the green, which is just chlorophyll, but due to production of the toxin solanine, which can occur in the presence of light.) [https://en.wikipedia.org...]

So just on casual impressions, I'm rating it Three Green Potatoes, Deb-8-tey, and reckon that's two and a half green potatoes too many. :(
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 12:57:33 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 7/9/2016 12:56:00 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
This election is the single greatest thing that has ever happened on this web site, ever.

^^^

Pretty much this. It's given me something to laugh at while drinking for a solid two days now.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 1:09:46 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 7/9/2016 12:47:57 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/8/2016 6:45:44 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Out of 10 potatoes , 1 being poor , 10 being fantastic.
How many potatoes do you score it.?

The clarity of it ?

The professionalism ?

The maturity shown by the so called DDO elite ?

I found the last one funny, but haven't followed this one, which, to the extent that I've noticed it, has been irritating.

Three members have lobbied me by private message for votes. I've defriended two of them for being spammy, cynical and patronising. The third withdrew the request and had already earned my respect for other reasons, thus escaping my axe.

Meanwhile, to answer your question... the potato is actually a member of the nightshade family, and it happens that green potatoes can be toxic (not because of the green, which is just chlorophyll, but due to production of the toxin solanine, which can occur in the presence of light.) [https://en.wikipedia.org...]

So just on casual impressions, I'm rating it Three Green Potatoes, Deb-8-tey, and reckon that's two and a half green potatoes too many. :(

This election is even more hilarious than the last one. Basically, here's the chain of events starting the day before the election:

1. The three main candidates are harder, bench, and donald. It's anyone's game.
2. harder drops out, and bench has a basically guaranteed win.
3. donald and bench agree to not lobby users for votes.
4. Election begins. Bench gets an early 5-1 lead. But then something magical happens.
5. Wylted gets his first vote. He was not running, so it's probably a fluke, right? Wrong. He gets 5 or 6 votes within the next hour.
6. Wylted is now the presumptive victor, having not publicly campaigned at all.
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 1:23:46 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 7/9/2016 1:09:46 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 7/9/2016 12:47:57 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/8/2016 6:45:44 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Out of 10 potatoes , 1 being poor , 10 being fantastic.
How many potatoes do you score it.?

The clarity of it ?

The professionalism ?

The maturity shown by the so called DDO elite ?

I found the last one funny, but haven't followed this one, which, to the extent that I've noticed it, has been irritating.

Three members have lobbied me by private message for votes. I've defriended two of them for being spammy, cynical and patronising. The third withdrew the request and had already earned my respect for other reasons, thus escaping my axe.

Meanwhile, to answer your question... the potato is actually a member of the nightshade family, and it happens that green potatoes can be toxic (not because of the green, which is just chlorophyll, but due to production of the toxin solanine, which can occur in the presence of light.) [https://en.wikipedia.org...]

So just on casual impressions, I'm rating it Three Green Potatoes, Deb-8-tey, and reckon that's two and a half green potatoes too many. :(

This election is even more hilarious than the last one. Wylted is now the presumptive victor, having not publicly campaigned at all.
Hi. 7thP,

This is the second election in which I've seen vote-spam lobbying from Wylted. I thought the public campaigning last time was funny, but found the private lobbying irritating. It has been irritating this time too while the campaigning seems not to be very entertaining.

I don't mind if members want to play a game where they pretend they're not playing a pointless social metagame while playing a pointless social metagame. :) I just think it should be opt-in, not opt-out.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 1:26:51 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 7/9/2016 1:23:46 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/9/2016 1:09:46 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 7/9/2016 12:47:57 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/8/2016 6:45:44 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Out of 10 potatoes , 1 being poor , 10 being fantastic.
How many potatoes do you score it.?

The clarity of it ?

The professionalism ?

The maturity shown by the so called DDO elite ?

I found the last one funny, but haven't followed this one, which, to the extent that I've noticed it, has been irritating.

Three members have lobbied me by private message for votes. I've defriended two of them for being spammy, cynical and patronising. The third withdrew the request and had already earned my respect for other reasons, thus escaping my axe.

Meanwhile, to answer your question... the potato is actually a member of the nightshade family, and it happens that green potatoes can be toxic (not because of the green, which is just chlorophyll, but due to production of the toxin solanine, which can occur in the presence of light.) [https://en.wikipedia.org...]

So just on casual impressions, I'm rating it Three Green Potatoes, Deb-8-tey, and reckon that's two and a half green potatoes too many. :(

This election is even more hilarious than the last one. Wylted is now the presumptive victor, having not publicly campaigned at all.
Hi. 7thP,

This is the second election in which I've seen vote-spam lobbying from Wylted. I thought the public campaigning last time was funny, but found the private lobbying irritating. It has been irritating this time too while the campaigning seems not to be very entertaining.

I don't mind if members want to play a game where they pretend they're not playing a pointless social metagame while playing a pointless social metagame. :) I just think it should be opt-in, not opt-out.

the pointless social metagame is how every election has been won for the past two years, ever since Mikal set the precedent. Wylted is using this election to highlight the absurdity of the office.
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:03:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 7/9/2016 1:26:51 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Wylted is using this election to highlight the absurdity of the office.

I applaud Wylted's efforts for highlighting the absurdity of the Presidency. He has shown in spades the sheer lunacy, immaturity and stupidity of all those involved and just how much damage this and every other election causes. All the effort and hullabaloo the others have created and their whining now is hilarious. Brilliant.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth