Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

RFD's in the Forums

Ragnar
Posts: 1,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 4:07:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

Ah no. They certainly should not be in main fourm, but they often do not fit in that little RFD box, and in the comment section they often get buried (plus broken up into several comments if they're detailed).
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
imabench
Posts: 21,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 4:12:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Stick them in the misc section, all that section is now is a montage of x-comment-wins ripoffs and general spam
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Raisor
Posts: 5,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 4:53:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

If people want to post long RFD in the forums why shouldn't they be allowed to? Sometimes people like to discuss RFD and the forum is the best venue for that.

Its ok if people have more to say bout a debate than what the limited spaced of the RFD field allows.
We gonna pull up like the ice cream truck
Ragnar
Posts: 1,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 5:05:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 3:56:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:53:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
Which president elect is in favor of banning RFD's in the forums?

Sure I have yet to release a platform I can throw that in there. It is annoying

From: http://www.debate.org...
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
sadolite
Posts: 9,687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:48:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 4:07:59 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

Ah no. They certainly should not be in main fourm, but they often do not fit in that little RFD box, and in the comment section they often get buried (plus broken up into several comments if they're detailed).

Be succinct. The RFD doesn't need top be more than two paragraphs.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:50:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 9:48:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 4:07:59 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

Ah no. They certainly should not be in main fourm, but they often do not fit in that little RFD box, and in the comment section they often get buried (plus broken up into several comments if they're detailed).

Be succinct. The RFD doesn't need top be more than two paragraphs.

Perhaps for your debates, but some of us have debates with a significant amount of complexity. Not there's something wrong with a RFD being to the point, but you're complaining because you dislike getting too much feedback.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
sadolite
Posts: 9,687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:51:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just sign or don't sign. no explanations or comments are needed. That's how petitions work if haven't ever signed one in the real world. You just sign it or refuse.
sadolite
Posts: 9,687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:55:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 9:50:58 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:48:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 4:07:59 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

Ah no. They certainly should not be in main fourm, but they often do not fit in that little RFD box, and in the comment section they often get buried (plus broken up into several comments if they're detailed).

Be succinct. The RFD doesn't need top be more than two paragraphs.

Perhaps for your debates, but some of us have debates with a significant amount of complexity. Not there's something wrong with a RFD being to the point, but you're complaining because you dislike getting too much feedback.

I'm not complaining. I am putting forth a petition to ban RFD's from the forums section. They don't belong there. They belong in the debate section. End of story.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:57:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 4:07:59 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

Ah no. They certainly should not be in main fourm, but they often do not fit in that little RFD box, and in the comment section they often get buried (plus broken up into several comments if they're detailed).

That's a problem with voting requirements. If you can't say what you need to say in that box, that's a problem. Simple and concise doesn't mean bad. Long and wordy doesn't mean good.
Axonly
Posts: 2,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:59:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

Sign anti-petition to render other votes useless.
Axonly
"Hate begets hate"
Ragnar
Posts: 1,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 10:01:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 9:55:06 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:50:58 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:48:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 4:07:59 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

Ah no. They certainly should not be in main fourm, but they often do not fit in that little RFD box, and in the comment section they often get buried (plus broken up into several comments if they're detailed).

Be succinct. The RFD doesn't need top be more than two paragraphs.

Perhaps for your debates, but some of us have debates with a significant amount of complexity. Not there's something wrong with a RFD being to the point, but you're complaining because you dislike getting too much feedback.

I'm not complaining. I am putting forth a petition to ban RFD's from the forums section. They don't belong there. They belong in the debate section. End of story.

Sorry to put words in your mouth. I'll leave it to your own words, which insist the RFD's should be 1000 characters or less and unformatted: "RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD"

There's good reasons you're the only person who signed your petition.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
tejretics
Posts: 6,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 8:34:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Someone telling Raisor to be "succinct" is like someone trying to teach Magnus Carlsen to play chess now.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
sadolite
Posts: 9,687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 5:22:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2016 10:01:15 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:55:06 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:50:58 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:48:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 4:07:59 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:51:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD. I move to ban RFD's from all forums.

Sign petition:

sadolite

Ah no. They certainly should not be in main fourm, but they often do not fit in that little RFD box, and in the comment section they often get buried (plus broken up into several comments if they're detailed).

Be succinct. The RFD doesn't need top be more than two paragraphs.

Perhaps for your debates, but some of us have debates with a significant amount of complexity. Not there's something wrong with a RFD being to the point, but you're complaining because you dislike getting too much feedback.

I'm not complaining. I am putting forth a petition to ban RFD's from the forums section. They don't belong there. They belong in the debate section. End of story.

Sorry to put words in your mouth. I'll leave it to your own words, which insist the RFD's should be 1000 characters or less and unformatted: "RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD"

There's good reasons you're the only person who signed your petition.

"RFD's belong in the debate section called RFD" Common sense, it's a curse for those who have it.