***OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT RE: The Election***

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 5:47:05 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Before I begin this announcement, I want to preface it with the following:

Everything here is ok. You are all ok. The world is not burning. Life still goes on. Your friends are still your friends. All of the intensity surrounding the election is temporal. Almost all of us (with very few exceptions, however vocal they are) are friends here.

Now, realize the following:

The election will not change your lives. It is a popularity contest on the internet, with a lot of noise and rancor, but which has no meaning outside this context.

Whether there is a president or not, whether we abolish the office or not, whether there is a referendum which is successful or which fails at any time after, is of no consequence.

The president does very little, if anything, to benefit this site. What scant little the president does do, will not necessarily go away if the office is abolished.

Likewise, what scant little the president does do, may not remain, depending on who if anyone is elected.

But, at the same time, I recognize that many of you have very strong feelings on the subject and feel the need to voice them. That is fine, and you're free to do that. No one is silencing you.

To those who wish the drama would go away, my advice is this: let it ride. This too will pass, just like every other instance of drama on the site.

There are certain people here who give their lives meaning by complaining about other people and other things. We know who they are. Let them have time to find something else to whine about, as they surely will, or until they get bored because they're not getting anywhere with anyone.

Just let it ride.

If you have questions or concerns, as always feel free to PM me or discuss things here, which ever you are more comfortable with.
Tsar of DDO
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 6:00:09 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/9/2016 5:47:05 PM, YYW wrote:
Before I begin this announcement, I want to preface it with the following:

Everything here is ok. You are all ok. The world is not burning. Life still goes on. Your friends are still your friends. All of the intensity surrounding the election is temporal. Almost all of us (with very few exceptions, however vocal they are) are friends here.

Now, realize the following:

The election will not change your lives. It is a popularity contest on the internet, with a lot of noise and rancor, but which has no meaning outside this context.

Whether there is a president or not, whether we abolish the office or not, whether there is a referendum which is successful or which fails at any time after, is of no consequence.

The president does very little, if anything, to benefit this site. What scant little the president does do, will not necessarily go away if the office is abolished.

Likewise, what scant little the president does do, may not remain, depending on who if anyone is elected.

But, at the same time, I recognize that many of you have very strong feelings on the subject and feel the need to voice them. That is fine, and you're free to do that. No one is silencing you.

To those who wish the drama would go away, my advice is this: let it ride. This too will pass, just like every other instance of drama on the site.

There are certain people here who give their lives meaning by complaining about other people and other things. We know who they are. Let them have time to find something else to whine about, as they surely will, or until they get bored because they're not getting anywhere with anyone.

Just let it ride.

If you have questions or concerns, as always feel free to PM me or discuss things here, which ever you are more comfortable with.

Yes, it's similar to getting into a car crash, the damage is done but it too shall pass, until the next car crash. Just let it ride.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth