Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Imabench Abolitionist Victory Speech

imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:16:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
About 2 months ago I announced my candidacy in a thread titled 'Lets raise some hell and end the presidency'...... We certainly appear to have done both of those things if these last few days are any indication XD

Prior to this election, abolition and its supporters werent recognized as a legitimate force or a legitimate goal to pursue. We were unorganized, without leadership, and simply repeating over and over how expendable and pointless the presidency has become ever since Juggle left the site..... I dont know what I was doing when I first thought of the idea of DDO Conventions, nor did I know if I would even pitch it to other members when I first hammered it out, but I immediately figured out that an abolition can become a legitimate option in a presidency if an abolitionist candidate produces a different form of site-governance that the site can transition to, in order to get rid of the presidency......... Which is something no other abolitionist has done before.

After Wylted tried to make Bsh his Co-VP 3 days after announcing his candidacy (like the moron he is), the opportunity opened for an actual abolitionist to take the lead since Wylted only ever prefers to do whatever makes him popular, rather then pick a side and sticking to it..... Wylted never identified as an abolitionist, and abolitionists only supported him in the previous election because they felt he would be so incompetent that if elected, he would destroy the office on his own....... Siding with Bsh and trying to get the entire voter base behind him spectacularly backfired, showing him for the incredibly poor strategist he is.....

So I announced my idea for Conventions as a way of making abolition a legitimate option. Although it may not be representative of 'pure' abolition members hopped on board almost immediately. DK announced his own pro-presidency campaign a day or so later, and he locked down the pro-presidency vote (until 1harder came into the picture and exceeded everyones expectations)

Due to the recent hijacking of the election though, a referendum on the presidency is now 'probable' according to the big man himself, which means that even if Wylted cons enough people to vote for him to get the most votes when voting ends, it all gets wiped away anyways and replaced with another election he wont be able to rig..... We do not know what it is Wylted planned to do with the nomination, since he has only ever said whatever makes him more popular and likable to people since being honest and open always seems to backfire tremendously for him...... The referendum could include a 'Convention' option people could vote for, or it could straight up be a vote to keep or abolish the presidency, which would likely result in abolition since all those who supported Conventions are much more likely to favor pure abolition over keeping the presidency.

This means that one way or another, the Presidency will likely be abolished, which was the goal I strived for since I first announced my candidacy.

While people expected me to be the dirtiest candidate running the dirtiest campaign in the race, I believed I proved those people wrong by agreeing to non-aggression pacts with many other candidates, not PM'ing voters to vote for me when voting started, and by also openly being a candidate in the first place rather then try to rig the election in any nefarious way. While voting certainly didnt play out the way I thought it would, in the end, we are at the same destination I set out for: The abolition of the presidency..... Although abolition is not currently set in stone since we will need another referendum to accomplish that, all current indications point to a majority of voters preferring the presidency be done away with, which will likely be reflected in the upcoming referendum whenever it takes place. This would not have been possible without the outpouring of support from people for taking the site in a new direction, a direction that doesnt involve a presidency or pointless elections

Thank you to everyone who voted abolitionist in the election, whether it be directly or indirectly. Let us now use this thread to gauge whether or not people would want for there to be a 'Conventions' option on the referendum.

==================================================================

Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:19:35 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:16:43 AM, imabench wrote:
About 2 months ago I announced my candidacy in a thread titled 'Lets raise some hell and end the presidency'...... We certainly appear to have done both of those things if these last few days are any indication XD

Prior to this election, abolition and its supporters werent recognized as a legitimate force or a legitimate goal to pursue. We were unorganized, without leadership, and simply repeating over and over how expendable and pointless the presidency has become ever since Juggle left the site..... I dont know what I was doing when I first thought of the idea of DDO Conventions, nor did I know if I would even pitch it to other members when I first hammered it out, but I immediately figured out that an abolition can become a legitimate option in a presidency if an abolitionist candidate produces a different form of site-governance that the site can transition to, in order to get rid of the presidency......... Which is something no other abolitionist has done before.

After Wylted tried to make Bsh his Co-VP 3 days after announcing his candidacy (like the moron he is), the opportunity opened for an actual abolitionist to take the lead since Wylted only ever prefers to do whatever makes him popular, rather then pick a side and sticking to it..... Wylted never identified as an abolitionist, and abolitionists only supported him in the previous election because they felt he would be so incompetent that if elected, he would destroy the office on his own....... Siding with Bsh and trying to get the entire voter base behind him spectacularly backfired, showing him for the incredibly poor strategist he is.....

So I announced my idea for Conventions as a way of making abolition a legitimate option. Although it may not be representative of 'pure' abolition members hopped on board almost immediately. DK announced his own pro-presidency campaign a day or so later, and he locked down the pro-presidency vote (until 1harder came into the picture and exceeded everyones expectations)

Due to the recent hijacking of the election though, a referendum on the presidency is now 'probable' according to the big man himself, which means that even if Wylted cons enough people to vote for him to get the most votes when voting ends, it all gets wiped away anyways and replaced with another election he wont be able to rig..... We do not know what it is Wylted planned to do with the nomination, since he has only ever said whatever makes him more popular and likable to people since being honest and open always seems to backfire tremendously for him...... The referendum could include a 'Convention' option people could vote for, or it could straight up be a vote to keep or abolish the presidency, which would likely result in abolition since all those who supported Conventions are much more likely to favor pure abolition over keeping the presidency.

This means that one way or another, the Presidency will likely be abolished, which was the goal I strived for since I first announced my candidacy.

While people expected me to be the dirtiest candidate running the dirtiest campaign in the race, I believed I proved those people wrong by agreeing to non-aggression pacts with many other candidates, not PM'ing voters to vote for me when voting started, and by also openly being a candidate in the first place rather then try to rig the election in any nefarious way. While voting certainly didnt play out the way I thought it would, in the end, we are at the same destination I set out for: The abolition of the presidency..... Although abolition is not currently set in stone since we will need another referendum to accomplish that, all current indications point to a majority of voters preferring the presidency be done away with, which will likely be reflected in the upcoming referendum whenever it takes place. This would not have been possible without the outpouring of support from people for taking the site in a new direction, a direction that doesnt involve a presidency or pointless elections

Thank you to everyone who voted abolitionist in the election, whether it be directly or indirectly. Let us now use this thread to gauge whether or not people would want for there to be a 'Conventions' option on the referendum.

==================================================================

Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - rosalie
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:24:19 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie
2 - Harder
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:31:46 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Option C = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list Abolition.

1 - TheGreatAndPowerful
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:33:21 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:31:46 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Option C = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list Abolition.

You dont really know how referendums work do you?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:33:23 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:24:19 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie
2 - Harder
3 -lannan13
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:36:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:33:21 AM, imabench wrote:
At 7/10/2016 1:31:46 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Option C = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list Abolition.

You dont really know how referendums work do you?

What do you expect from a Wylted supporter? Sad!
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:39:12 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:36:34 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 7/10/2016 1:33:21 AM, imabench wrote:
At 7/10/2016 1:31:46 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Option C = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list Abolition.

You dont really know how referendums work do you?

What do you expect from a Wylted supporter? Sad!

You deserve a goddamn medal for staying in character this well for this long XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:42:20 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:33:23 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/10/2016 1:24:19 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie
2 - Harder
3 -lannan13
4 - Mikal
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:53:23 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Christ I forgot to sign my own poll XD

Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie
2 - Harder
3 - Lannan13
4 - Mikal
5 - Imabench
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:22:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
From what I could tell (and asked) even voting for you would make this election come up again in 6 months (or whatever) for someone else to run, which means people would start campaigning (oh god) in the forums in like 2 months.

I didn't read this whole thread cuz I g2g, but I told some of my smart friends about this site in the hopes to revitalize some dialog with bright people. But now I'm embarrassed and hope these threads are all gone before they show up. Please sign me up on whatever lists vote to abolish this nonsense once and for all, ASAP, thanks.
President of DDO
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:26:37 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 2:22:44 AM, Danielle wrote:
From what I could tell (and asked) even voting for you would make this election come up again in 6 months (or whatever) for someone else to run, which means people would start campaigning (oh god) in the forums in like 2 months.

Thats actually not true at all. People could only vote to have the presidency be brought back, but they wouldnt be able to run for it themselves and campaign like normal.

Please sign me up on whatever lists vote to abolish this nonsense once and for all, ASAP, thanks.

Well both have abolition as an option, the question is whether or not youd prefer to see conventions as an option as well, since the site is faced with a boatload of problems that wont be fixed just by abolishing the presidency
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:39:16 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie
2 - Harder
3 - Tej (but if Conventions + Abolition votes together are greater than Preservation, abolish the Presidency in some manner)
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:44:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 2:39:16 AM, tejretics wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie the powerful
2 - Harder the almighty
3 - Sir Tej (but if Conventions + Abolition votes together are greater than Preservation, abolish the Presidency in some manner)
4 -Axonly the great
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
Meh!
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 3:15:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 2:44:43 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/10/2016 2:39:16 AM, tejretics wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie the powerful
2 - Harder the almighty
3 - Sir Tej (but if Conventions + Abolition votes together are greater than Preservation, abolish the Presidency in some manner)
4 -Axonly the great
5 - TBR
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 3:19:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 3:15:57 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/10/2016 2:44:43 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/10/2016 2:39:16 AM, tejretics wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie the powerful
2 - Harder the almighty
3 - Sir Tej (but if Conventions + Abolition votes together are greater than Preservation, abolish the Presidency in some manner)
4 -Axonly the great
5 - TBR
6 - Emmarie
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 3:30:37 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie
2 - Harder
3 - Lannan13
4 - Mikal
5 - Imabench
6 - Tejretics
7 - Axonly
8 - TBR
9 - Emmarie
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 3:58:45 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 3:15:57 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/10/2016 2:44:43 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/10/2016 2:39:16 AM, tejretics wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie the powerful
2 - Harder the almighty
3 - Sir Tej (but if Conventions + Abolition votes together are greater than Preservation, abolish the Presidency in some manner)
4 -Axonly the great
5 - TBR the wise
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
Meh!
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:26:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 3:58:45 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/10/2016 3:15:57 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/10/2016 2:44:43 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/10/2016 2:39:16 AM, tejretics wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie the powerful
2 - Harder the almighty
3 - Sir Tej (but if Conventions + Abolition votes together are greater than Preservation, abolish the Presidency in some manner)
4 -Axonly the great
5 - TBR the wise
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

???
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:33:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie
2 - Harder
3 - Lannan13
4 - Mikal
5 - Imabench
6 - Tejretics
7 - Axonly
8 - TBR
9 - Emmarie
10 - Torton
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:55:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 6:33:44 AM, Torton wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Axonly
2 - Harder
3 - Lannan13
4 - Mikal
5 - Imabench
8 - Tejretics
7 - Rosalie
6 - TBR
9 - Emmarie
10 - Torton
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
Meh!
Bob13
Posts: 710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:11:12 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 3:30:37 AM, imabench wrote:
Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 - Rosalie
2 - Harder
3 - Lannan13
4 - Mikal
5 - Imabench
6 - Tejretics
7 - Axonly
8 - TBR
9 - Emmarie
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 - Bob
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
I don't have a signature. :-)
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:36:30 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 1:16:43 AM, imabench wrote:
About 2 months ago I announced my candidacy in a thread titled 'Lets raise some hell and end the presidency'...... We certainly appear to have done both of those things if these last few days are any indication XD

Prior to this election, abolition and its supporters werent recognized as a legitimate force or a legitimate goal to pursue. We were unorganized, without leadership, and simply repeating over and over how expendable and pointless the presidency has become ever since Juggle left the site..... I dont know what I was doing when I first thought of the idea of DDO Conventions, nor did I know if I would even pitch it to other members when I first hammered it out, but I immediately figured out that an abolition can become a legitimate option in a presidency if an abolitionist candidate produces a different form of site-governance that the site can transition to, in order to get rid of the presidency......... Which is something no other abolitionist has done before.

After Wylted tried to make Bsh his Co-VP 3 days after announcing his candidacy (like the moron he is), the opportunity opened for an actual abolitionist to take the lead since Wylted only ever prefers to do whatever makes him popular, rather then pick a side and sticking to it..... Wylted never identified as an abolitionist, and abolitionists only supported him in the previous election because they felt he would be so incompetent that if elected, he would destroy the office on his own....... Siding with Bsh and trying to get the entire voter base behind him spectacularly backfired, showing him for the incredibly poor strategist he is.....

So I announced my idea for Conventions as a way of making abolition a legitimate option. Although it may not be representative of 'pure' abolition members hopped on board almost immediately. DK announced his own pro-presidency campaign a day or so later, and he locked down the pro-presidency vote (until 1harder came into the picture and exceeded everyones expectations)

Due to the recent hijacking of the election though, a referendum on the presidency is now 'probable' according to the big man himself, which means that even if Wylted cons enough people to vote for him to get the most votes when voting ends, it all gets wiped away anyways and replaced with another election he wont be able to rig..... We do not know what it is Wylted planned to do with the nomination, since he has only ever said whatever makes him more popular and likable to people since being honest and open always seems to backfire tremendously for him...... The referendum could include a 'Convention' option people could vote for, or it could straight up be a vote to keep or abolish the presidency, which would likely result in abolition since all those who supported Conventions are much more likely to favor pure abolition over keeping the presidency.

This means that one way or another, the Presidency will likely be abolished, which was the goal I strived for since I first announced my candidacy.

While people expected me to be the dirtiest candidate running the dirtiest campaign in the race, I believed I proved those people wrong by agreeing to non-aggression pacts with many other candidates, not PM'ing voters to vote for me when voting started, and by also openly being a candidate in the first place rather then try to rig the election in any nefarious way. While voting certainly didnt play out the way I thought it would, in the end, we are at the same destination I set out for: The abolition of the presidency..... Although abolition is not currently set in stone since we will need another referendum to accomplish that, all current indications point to a majority of voters preferring the presidency be done away with, which will likely be reflected in the upcoming referendum whenever it takes place. This would not have been possible without the outpouring of support from people for taking the site in a new direction, a direction that doesnt involve a presidency or pointless elections

Thank you to everyone who voted abolitionist in the election, whether it be directly or indirectly. Let us now use this thread to gauge whether or not people would want for there to be a 'Conventions' option on the referendum.

==================================================================

Option A = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should list choices for Preservation, Abolition, and Conventions.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Option B = I prefer that the upcoming referendum should only list choices for Preservation and Abolition.

1 - Bob
2 - dsjpk5
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Thanks for your efforts.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax