Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

The Presidency is what this site deserves.

TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:30:08 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I was going to vote imabench. He seemed to offer the platform most aligned with my views. Not ideal, a compromise, but there it is. Clearly better than any alternative.

Then Wylted happened.

Glorious, glorious Wylted.

You see, imabench offers a form of abolition of the system via the mechanisms of the system itself. But that is self defeating. The system cannot abolish itself. If people vote to abolish the system, that just demonstrates the validity and utility of that very system!

It doesn't go away simply because you vote it away. It's just temporarily suppressed until the next cycle.

No, it goes away only when it implodes, when it rots from the inside out and people are so nauseated by the stench of it that its very mention causes them to gag. It must sour in people's mouths such that they reflexively shout down any poor sap that muses about its return.

And that's what Wylted offers.

Wylted is the putrid accumulated mass of filth that has burst its head from the stomach like some Alien.

And it is the best thing that has ever happened.

And the response is great. The response proves everything everyone has ever said against the presidency.

The drama? That's cause by the pro-presidency people. Anti-presidency people aren't causing this drama, it's you, throwing your tantrums and whining. That's the drama we don't want to see anymore.

Look at yourselves, you curse and spit because someone allegedly reneged on a promise to appoint you to a fictitious position in a farcical government on web page populated mainly by 14-year old MRA acolytes.

You have mental breakdowns when you don't win the 6-month popularity contest by a big enough margin.

Wylted has revealed the presidency for what it is: members of a self-appointed elite club picking out who is the elite-est.

Most of the people voting for Wylted probably don't know what is going on. Wylted or zmike simply sent them a PM asking them to vote. No promises. Just: "Can you vote Wylted?" And they did, and it has sent everything in to disarray.

That's how democracy works: by masses of the uninformed voting on people they know nothing about. So why does this bother you? Because most of those people aren't part of your club. This is true democracy, not the inbred self-selection of who is the bestest club member that you've come to expect and have grown used to.

Does this spell the end for this mess? Maybe. Maybe not. But it's the closest we've come so far.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:49:40 AM
And look at everyone talking about how we have to elect so and so in order to return the site to glory. This site was fun and interesting back when the presidency was created as a joke. The mischief and boyish camaraderie that people claim are 'immature' and blame for 'ruining the site'? That's what it used to be like back when it was 'great'. The 'Golden Age' of DDO that people hark back to was full of fighting, feuds, trolling, AND great debates and discussions. But sterile bureaucracy and vainglorious posturing don't play a part in any of my recollections.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:52:31 AM
Debate.org deserves better than Lyin' Wylted and Crooked zmike. We're going to Make Debate.org Great Again!
Adam2isback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:23:14 AM
At 7/10/2016 1:49:40 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
And look at everyone talking about how we have to elect so and so in order to return the site to glory. This site was fun and interesting back when the presidency was created as a joke. The mischief and boyish camaraderie that people claim are 'immature' and blame for 'ruining the site'? That's what it used to be like back when it was 'great'. The 'Golden Age' of DDO that people hark back to was full of fighting, feuds, trolling, AND great debates and discussions. But sterile bureaucracy and vainglorious posturing don't play a part in any of my recollections.

He's gonna win. Deal with it
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:24:24 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:23:14 AM, Adam2isback wrote:

Lol, not likely. Wylted is going to win, and it's glorious.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Adam2isback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:26:57 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:24:24 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

That's what I meant, bro. Wylted is going to win.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:27:41 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:26:57 AM, Adam2isback wrote:

Lol, I don't know how you got the idea that I don't support Wylted from my post...
- Hilaire Belloc -
Adam2isback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:28:36 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:27:41 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Lol, I don't know how you got the idea that I don't support Wylted from my post...

Did I reply to you? If so it was a mistake. I meant to reply to the OP. He was complaining about Wylted win and I meant to say "Get over it"
Adam2isback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:29:21 AM
At 7/10/2016 1:30:08 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
I was going to vote imabench. He seemed to offer the platform most aligned with my views. Not ideal, a compromise, but there it is. Clearly better than any alternative.

Then Wylted happened.

You see, imabench offers a form of abolition of the system via the mechanisms of the system itself. But that is self defeating. The system cannot abolish itself. If people vote to abolish the system, that just demonstrates the validity and utility of that very system!

It doesn't go away simply because you vote it away. It's just temporarily suppressed until the next cycle.

No, it goes away only when it implodes, when it rots from the inside out and people are so nauseated by the stench of it that its very mention causes them to gag. It must sour in people's mouths such that they reflexively shout down any poor sap that muses about its return.

Wylted is the putrid accumulated mass of filth that has burst its head from the stomach like some Alien.

And the response is great. The response proves everything everyone has ever said against the presidency.

The drama? That's cause by the pro-presidency people. Anti-presidency people aren't causing this drama, it's you, throwing your tantrums and whining. That's the drama we don't want to see anymore.

Look at yourselves, you curse and spit because someone allegedly reneged on a promise to appoint you to a fictitious position in a farcical government on web page populated mainly by 14-year old MRA acolytes.

You have mental breakdowns when you don't win the 6-month popularity contest by a big enough margin.

Wylted has revealed the presidency for what it is: members of a self-appointed elite club picking out who is the elite-est.

Most of the people voting for Wylted probably don't know what is going on. Wylted or zmike simply sent them a PM asking them to vote. No promises. Just: "Can you vote Wylted?" And they did, and it has sent everything in to disarray.

That's how democracy works: by masses of the uninformed voting on people they know nothing about. So why does this bother you? Because most of those people aren't part of your club. This is true democracy, not the inbred self-selection of who is the bestest club member that you've come to expect and have grown used to.

Does this spell the end for this mess? Maybe. Maybe not. But it's the closest we've come so far.

Too bad, he's gonna win. Get over it.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:30:05 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:28:36 AM, Adam2isback wrote:

Did I reply to you? If so it was a mistake. I meant to reply to the OP. He was complaining about Wylted win and I meant to say "Get over it"

He's not complaining, he's reveling in it.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Adam2isback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:31:25 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:30:05 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Yeah it's annoying. Like it's too bad. Imabench is not gonna win. Wylted is. And thank God.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:33:08 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:31:25 AM, Adam2isback wrote:

Yeah it's annoying. Like it's too bad. Imabench is not gonna win. Wylted is. And thank God.

... never mind.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Adam2isback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:34:06 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:33:08 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

... never mind.

Why?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:34:19 AM

... never mind.

Adam2 is breathtakingly retarded if you havent already figured that out
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Adam2isback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:39:07 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:34:19 AM, imabench wrote:

... never mind.

And you sound like a drugged up loser with a messed up mind.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:56:40 AM
At 7/10/2016 2:34:19 AM, imabench wrote:

... never mind.

^^^^
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:58:21 AM

You get me.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:43:11 PM
At 7/10/2016 1:30:08 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Then Wylted happened.

Well said. I can hear the grinding of teeth and wringing of hands from the self-appointed elitiest. Music to my ears.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth