Jump to topic:

******************Acceptance*****************

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:04:16 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Abolitionists, Prezzies, all of DDO, there is no fancy way to say this. Thank you for the nomination.

Many of you have contributed to what will go down in history as DDO's most memorable campaign for the presidency, but one person has contributed more than anyone else. My partner, my friend and the greatest vice president ever- Zmikecuber.

We must begin to bridge the divide.

I reached out to people on all sides of the aisle, abolitionists who want to destroy the presidency, and those who would save it, both decided to give me a chance. They voted for me not because of a platform but because they believed in me. That means a lot to me. Thanks.

Abolitionists and prezzies came together to elect me, and you won't regret it. Just like both sides came together when I ran for president, we will come together while I serve as president. Whether we come together to abolish the presidency, or to save it. Hopefully we are granted sufficient time to do this.

First I will work hard to structure the presidency so it is acceptable to abolitionists. If the problem is drama we will seek ways to reduce drama together. If it is the extra layers of bureaucracy, then we will fight to roll them back. If it is all of the above, we will solve all of the above problems.

If the presidency cannot be made acceptable to abolitionists, then we will make it's eradication acceptable to Prezzies. Whatever it is they seek in the presidency, we will work at providing it without the presidency. We move forward together.

We must bridge the divide

We need not have half the site mad that they lost something they love, or have half the site mad they have to live with something they can't. With the right measures we can get 75% support for either option.

I ask that in the coming weeks and months during my administration that you give peace a chance. That you create threads on how to reform the presidency to make it acceptable to abolitionists. I call for vigorous debate on in other threads dedicated to how we can make abolition acceptable to prezzies.

While you guys are debating this publicly and sharpening your views, coming together to create solutions and otherwise driving the site forward I will privately be PMing every person who has voted in this election and having a conversation about how each person would like to move forward. The exception to that would be the people who have me blocked, of course.

To abolish the presidency without the consent and help of the majority of people currently for president is not to abolish it at all. There will just be unsanctioned elections with an appointed "Leader", taking everyone's concerns to Airmax, and engaging in community organizing. This will do nothing to eliminate all the negativity that abolitionists associate with the office. This is abolitionism without the benefits of it.

Similarly with the near even divide in abolitionists with prezzies, any convention system would at some point embolden the prezzies to bring the presidency back at some point, just wasting everyone's time. I do support an occasional referendum vote on various matters which would be at Airmax's discretion, but an open semiannual convention would lead back to what brought it about to start with. An odd cycle that I do not and cannot support. We should have complete abolition or complete reform of the presidential office. This half abolition measure is bound to stir up the same types of things so many people hated about the presidency to start.

We cannot keep the presidency if we do not address the concerns of abolitionists. The office should be completely reformed to appease abolitionists, or be completely abolished. Maintaining the status quo is unacceptable.

So I ask for the good of the site to come together.

I have a different view of the presidency then BSH1. He was a great president. None were better at doing what he did. I just have a different view of the proper role of president. I will not use the position to increase bureaucracy, but to decrease it. He was a liberal on DDO politics, I am a conservative.

A president should do his work mostly behind the scenes, like a proper God he should do his work without being seen or heard. He should gently influence the culture of the site, instead of forcing it. If voting reform is needed, then we apply gentle pushes to make it happen instead of a comprehensive overreaching system of vote removal. It is better to provide rewards for good votes, then to alienate 12 year old kids trying to provide a service to the debaters, doing his best, then being chastised for it.

He should work to dismantle a tournament system that is so bureaucratic even to unofficial tournaments. If we don't want conflict with good tournaments we can do them quarterly and then have the winners all face up to see who is to be crowned the champion of DDO. You don't destroy competition by handicapping the competitors, you do it by becoming better than them. The best debate tournament should not be the world cup hosted by edeb8, It should be the DDO champions tournament where the tournament winner from each quarter faces off.

That is just a few examples of how a conservative president on DDO would try to effect change. People want to know my vision for the presidency, well there you have it. My vision is an invisible president that fights Bureaucracy, that messages every single voter in the election to ask them how we should move forward together, that brings camps with radically different ideologies together.

I understand that a lot of you will be upset, The prezzies that voted for me may not want to radically alter what the normal functions of what a president is to appease the abolitionists. The abolitionists may not want to make concessions to make abolishing the presidency more acceptable to prezzies, but you need to get over your differences. We need to work together to make the site better. We need to bridge this divide we have.

Thank you DDO for electing me by a huge majority. You may regret it now, but you will not regret it later.

Thank you Mikal for allowing me to be a part of your campaign for presidency, it has given me the skills I needed to challenge BSH1.

Thank you BSH1 for being such a fierce rival that you taught me to not take anything for granted, to dig deep. You were not only an amazing president, but an amazing electioneer. I could not have won without you.

Thank you Thett for helping me with my ground game, had you not came over to help, this election would have been too close for comfort.

There are too many people to thank, to be honest, and I've already thanked many of you personally.

I understand I have had differences with many of you during he course of this campaign, and I hope we can come together and move past that.

I will be PMing each and every one of you very soon to discuss a way forward. I appreciate Bench's gracious concession posted a few hours ago and would offer him a position in my cabinet, if he wants to help move the site forward together. I extend that same courtesy to Donald Keller, Tuf, Hayd, Solon and 1harder. I am willing to work with all of you to better the site.

We may have our personal difference, some of you may even hate me, We may not agree on policies, or whether or not Shabshoral sucks at mafia, but we all care aabout DDO, and can unite over that.

I ask that neither the candidates nor citizens of DDO, allow a contentious election to get in the way of doing good

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:10:26 AM
good platform, but what should we do with the divide?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:10:58 AM
I was gonna do my own thing regardless of who got elected, so w/e.

Just don't do rape week.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:13:13 AM
At 7/10/2016 6:10:58 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Just don't do rape week.

Do you really want to cancel THE social event of the season?!
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:13:33 AM
Note: Wylted thinks I suck at mafia because of this sequence of events:

We start on the same scum team

DP2, Wylted claims to be character cop and says that I AM MAFIA BECAUSE OF MY CHARACTER, AND OUTS MY ACTUAL CHARACTER FOR NO REASON

I frantically fake-claim and obviously try to get Wylted lynched BY PROVING HOW NONSENSICAL HIS CLAIMS WERE

I succeed, and end up winning the game essentially single-handedly
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:14:41 AM
At 7/10/2016 6:13:13 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/10/2016 6:10:58 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Just don't do rape week.

Do you really want to cancel THE social event of the season?!

Lol
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:19:12 AM
At 7/10/2016 6:10:26 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
good platform, but what should we do with the divide?

Let's build a bridge!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:20:40 AM
At 7/10/2016 6:13:33 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
Note: Wylted thinks I suck at mafia because of this sequence of events:

We start on the same scum team

DP2, Wylted claims to be character cop and says that I AM MAFIA BECAUSE OF MY CHARACTER, AND OUTS MY ACTUAL CHARACTER FOR NO REASON

I frantically fake-claim and obviously try to get Wylted lynched BY PROVING HOW NONSENSICAL HIS CLAIMS WERE

I succeed, and end up winning the game essentially single-handedly

My acceptance speech is no plave to bring up mafia
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:48:57 AM
At 7/10/2016 6:04:16 AM, Wylted wrote:

I will be PMing each and every one of you very soon to discuss a way forward. I appreciate Bench's gracious concession posted a few hours ago and would offer him a position in my cabinet, if he wants to help move the site forward together.

I didnt concede, and you didnt offer me anything.

Typical. Resorting to lies yet again since you know people would reject the reality you so desperately want to conceal from them.

The fight has only begun b*tch ;)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:52:36 AM
At 7/10/2016 6:48:57 AM, imabench wrote:

I will be PMing each and every one of you very soon to discuss a way forward. I appreciate Bench's gracious concession posted a few hours ago and would offer him a position in my cabinet, if he wants to help move the site forward together.

Typical. Resorting to lies yet again since you know people would reject the reality you so desperately want to conceal from them.

I am offering you this great opportunity publicly, and took your "victory speech" as some sort of sarcastic concession. Sorry if I misunderstood you,

For me the fight is a fight to bridge divides.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:55:16 AM
At 7/10/2016 6:52:36 AM, Wylted wrote:

I am offering you this great opportunity publicly

You can take it and shove it up your a**

and took your "victory speech" as some sort of sarcastic concession. Sorry if I misunderstood you

You misunderstand lots of things.

For me the fight is a fight to bridge divides.

Because the last time you tried to unite abolitionists and pro-preisdency supporters behind you, it worked out so well XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:59:45 AM
Because the last time you tried to unite abolitionists and pro-preisdency supporters behind you, it worked out so well XD

As a statesman I can only do what is right, it is ultimately up to the people to decide their own fate.

Good luck in your crusade.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:00:45 AM
At 7/10/2016 6:59:45 AM, Wylted wrote:

As a statesman I can only do what is right, it is ultimately up to the people to decide their own fate.

Crash and burn while I point and laugh

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:02:32 AM
At 7/10/2016 7:00:45 AM, imabench wrote:
At 7/10/2016 6:59:45 AM, Wylted wrote:

Crash and burn while I point and laugh

-:)
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:05:18 AM
I'm going to bed, and I think you both should as well...enough arguing for the night, get some rest for tomorrows war. XD
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:06:47 AM
At 7/10/2016 7:05:18 AM, Rosalie wrote:
I'm going to bed, and I think you both should as well...enough arguing for the night, get some rest for tomorrows war. XD

Good night.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:15:38 AM
Congrats on being elected :)

Seems like a decent platform.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:19:59 AM
At 7/10/2016 7:15:38 AM, tejretics wrote:
Congrats on being elected :)

Seems like a decent platform.

Thank you.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:40:35 PM
Abolitionists, Prezzies, all of DDO, there is no fancy way to say this. Thank you for the nomination

Engaging in vote suppression?

Many of you have contributed to what will go down inn has contributed more than anyone else. My partner, my friend and the greatest vice president ever- Zmikecuber.

I reached out to people on all sides of the aisle, abolitionists who want to destroy the presidency, and those who would save it, both decided to give me a chance. They voted for me not because of a platform but because they believed in me. That means a lot to me. Thanks.

Abolitionists and prezzies came together to elect me, and you won't regret it. Just like both sides came together when I ran for president, we will come together while I serve as president. Whether we come together to abolish the presidency, or to save it. Hopefully we are granted sufficient time to do this.

First I will work hard to structure the presidency so it is acceptable to abolitionists. If the problem is drama we will seek ways to reduce drama together. If it is the extra layers of bureaucracy, then we will fight to roll them back. If it is all of the above, we will solve all of the above problems.

If the presidency cannot be made acceptable to abolitionists, then we will make it's eradication acceptable to Prezzies. Whatever it is they seek in the presidency, we will work at providing it without the presidency. We move forward together.

We need not have half the site mad that they lost something they love, or have half the site mad they have to live with something they can't. With the right measures we can get 75% support for either option.

I ask that in the coming weeks and months during my administration that you give peace a chance. That you create threads on how to reform the presidency to make it acceptable to abolitionists. I call for vigorous debate on in other threads dedicated to how we can make abolition acceptable to prezzies.

While you guys are debating this publicly and sharpening your views, coming together to create solutions and otherwise driving the site forward I will privately be PMing every person who has voted in this election and having a conversation about how each person would like to move forward. The exception to that would be the people who have me blocked, of course.

To abolish the presidency without the consent and help of the majority of people currently for president is not to abolish it at all. There will just be unsanctioned elections with an appointed "Leader", taking everyone's concerns to Airmax, and engaging in community organizing. This will do nothing to eliminate all the negativity that abolitionists associate with the office. This is abolitionism without the benefits of it.

Similarly with the near even divide in abolitionists with prezzies, any convention system would at some point embolden the prezzies to bring the presidency back at some point, just wasting everyone's time. I do support an occasional referendum vote on various matters which would be at Airmax's discretion, but an open semiannual convention would lead back to what brought it about to start with. An odd cycle that I do not and cannot support. We should have complete abolition or complete reform of the presidential office. This half abolition measure is bound to stir up the same types of things so many people hated about the presidency to start.

We cannot keep the presidency if we do not address the concerns of abolitionists. The office should be completely reformed to appease abolitionists, or be completely abolished. Maintaining the status quo is unacceptable.

So I ask for the good of the site to come together.

I have a different view of the presidency then BSH1. He was a great president. None were better at doing what he did. I just have a different view of the proper role of president. I will not use the position to increase bureaucracy, but to decrease it. He was a liberal on DDO politics, I am a conservative.

A president should do his work mostly behind the scenes, like a proper God he should do his work without being seen or heard. He should gently influence the culture of the site, instead of forcing it. If voting reform is needed, then we apply gentle pushes to make it happen instead of a comprehensive overreaching system of vote removal. It is better to provide rewards for good votes, then to alienate 12 year old kids trying to provide a service to the debaters, doing his best, then being chastised for it.

He should work to dismantle a tournament system that is so bureaucratic even to unofficial tournaments. If we don't want conflict with good tournaments we can do them quarterly and then have the winners all face up to see who is to be crowned the champion of DDO. You don't destroy competition by handicapping the competitors, you do it by becoming better than them. The best debate tournament should not be the world cup hosted by edeb8, It should be the DDO champions tournament where the tournament winner from each quarter faces off.

That is just a few examples of how a conservative president on DDO would try to effect change. People want to know my vision for the presidency, well there you have it. My vision is an invisible president that fights Bureaucracy, that messages every single voter in the election to ask them how we should move forward together, that brings camps with radically different ideologies together.

I understand that a lot of you will be upset, The prezzies that voted for me may not want to radically alter what the normal functions of what a president is to appease the abolitionists. The abolitionists may not want to make concessions to make abolishing the presidency more acceptable to prezzies, but you need to get over your differences. We need to work together to make the site better. We need to bridge this divide we have.

Thank you DDO for electing me by a huge majority. You may regret it now, but you will not regret it later.

Thank you Mikal for allowing me to be a part of your campaign for presidency, it has given me the skills I needed to challenge BSH1.

Thank you BSH1 for being such a fierce rival that you taught me to not take anything for granted, to dig deep. You were not only an amazing president, but an amazing electioneer. I could not have won without you.

Thank you Thett for helping me with my ground game, had you not came over to help, this election would have been too close for comfort.

There are too many people to thank, to be honest, and I've already thanked many of you personally.

I understand I have had differences with many of you during he course of this campaign, and I hope we can come together and move past that.

I will be PMing each and every one of you very soon to discuss a way forward. I appreciate Bench's gracious concession posted a few hours ago and would offer him a position in my cabinet, if he wants to help move the site forward together. I extend that same courtesy to Donald Keller, Tuf, Hayd, Solon and 1harder. I am willing to work with all of you to better the site.

We may have our personal difference, some of you may even hate me, We may not agree on policies, or whether or not Shabshoral sucks at mafia, but we all care aabout DDO, and can unite over that.

I ask that neither the candidates nor citizens of DDO, allow a contentious election
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 1:42:14 PM
At 7/10/2016 1:01:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
Engaging in vote suppression?

I'm not sure what you mean by that

It was a joke anyway, so it doesn't matter.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:29:20 PM

Whatever happened to that fun loving, care free, story teller and movie maker? Now, you're just a bitter curmudgeon.

A fine example of what the Presidency is all about.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 2:46:32 PM
Yo so when is that referendum to abolish the presidency coming
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 3:18:44 PM
At 7/10/2016 2:46:32 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

Soon

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 3:20:10 PM
At 7/10/2016 2:29:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Whatever happened to that fun loving, care free, story teller and movie maker? Now, you're just a bitter curmudgeon.

A fine example of what the Presidency is all about.

He was always like that. He's notorious for PMing people and telling them to commit suicide, calling them faggots, etc.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 4:07:28 PM

That is entirely up to Airmax, and unfortunately i seem to be getting information after everyone else on it.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 4:13:16 PM
At 7/10/2016 4:07:28 PM, Wylted wrote:

That is entirely up to Airmax, and unfortunately i seem to be getting information after everyone else on it.

Voting begins now.