Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

At times like this

Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:16:22 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At times like this it's best not to forget the pertinence of the presidency and its efficacy in regards to what it actually does for the site. The office in its current state holds no value, and this election has done nothing more than reiterate the concerns of the abolitionist movement. Do not fret at the outcome of the election because soon we will be given an ultimatum to repair this situation before it comes irreparable(referendum). I have posted screen shots and have shown what Wylted plans to do with the office. I call upon and urge all people who value this site to permanently expunge this office.

Even pro presidency supporters should drastically consider the options that are open to them at this point. On one hand you have someone who wants to devalue the office and it destroy its legitimacy in such a way that its detrimental to the sites health. This would not just harm the office, but detract new members and radiate toxicity in ways that are inconceivable. This site is a beyond satisfactory and offers a great experience irregardless of the opinions of a select minority. You are not kidults, and just because you are younger that does not mean you have no voice. Being young does not take away your right to participate in and engage in intellectual discussion, and the very thought of that is discrimination and is disgusting at its core. This site is not dead, its not dying, it's adjusting and shifting to its user base. Over time the form the site takes will shift again, as it always does. We are a community who come together, love, fight, and then make up. We are spirited and passionate about our ideals and we fight for it. On the other hand you have a movement that wants to delete the office due to how it spawns drama and the divisive aura that has become some ingrained within the office. The positive side to this stance is that we can implement conventions and if the office ever has value, we can restore it. Conventions give the community a voice in what happens with moderation and everyone is welcome to participate and offer input.

I would urge everyone to consider abolishing this office in the referendum. Do not let the site undergo what its about to undergo. Don't get mad at what happened with this election, get even. Every voice counts, and with enough voices we can finally put an end to this.

I would also urge everyone to vote in YYWS thread. While it's not official, with enough participation it would offer max incentive to speed up the referendum process because he can gauge the community.

The thread is found here

http://www.debate.org...

I leave you with this thought

" Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi (or in this case site)
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:52:45 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 6:16:22 PM, Mikal wrote:
" Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi (or in this case site)

No, that was clearly from Confucius.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:53:49 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 6:52:45 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 7/10/2016 6:16:22 PM, Mikal wrote:
" Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi (or in this case site)

No, that was clearly from Confucius.

No, as can be seen by your sig quote...the above saying was too intelligent for Confucius.

'Man who walk through airport door sideways is going to Bangkok.'--Confucius.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:27:12 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 8:02:16 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
I'm surprised you think your PM with Wylted means anything.

He doesn't
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:43:55 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 7:53:49 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/10/2016 6:52:45 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 7/10/2016 6:16:22 PM, Mikal wrote:
" Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi (or in this case site)

No, that was clearly from Confucius.

No, as can be seen by your sig quote...the above saying was too intelligent for Confucius.

'Man who walk through airport door sideways is going to Bangkok.'--Confucius.

Wise words from Master Kongzi
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:53:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/11/2016 12:43:55 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 7/10/2016 7:53:49 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/10/2016 6:52:45 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 7/10/2016 6:16:22 PM, Mikal wrote:
" Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi (or in this case site)

No, that was clearly from Confucius.

No, as can be seen by your sig quote...the above saying was too intelligent for Confucius.

'Man who walk through airport door sideways is going to Bangkok.'--Confucius.

Wise words from Master Kongzi

Oh yeah
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'