Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Amidst the politics...

Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 11:05:31 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I've waited until the official election of the president to do this.

I, fire_wings, HeavenlyPanda, (and maybe MWonderWolf), are reviving the fanfics on the Entertainment section.

Ima made some damn good points in the past about why fanfics failed:

"Fanfictions died because many of them never ended properly, went on for way too long, or simply werent that interesting to begin with.... Any efforts to try to 'bring them back' wont work simple because of the nature of fanfictions..... They are long and drawn out that take forever to come to a close, which DDOians dont like. DDOians prefer things to be crisp and to the point. Instant Gratification."


I agree all too painfully.

Except I don't.

Remember DDO Waking Dead: Uprising? Man that series was good. And it went on for 12 episodes. When I was sick of playing mafia, I'd go read that and have a really good time.

And it was short, no longer than two posts. That's my point. Fanfics need to be short, digestible. And there also needs to be a lot of them. Enough competition that people can choose what they want to read. That's how activity naturally increases.

Heavenly made a fanfic about a grumpy old man who lost a debate on DDO and who took too many laxatives.

I made a fanfic about a small survival group. There's gruesome deaths involved. It's also interactive and players can make choices.

Fire made a fanfic about Wylted's presidency, or his rise to power. It's also about attacking Edeb8.

Why not give any of these a try? And even better yet, why not try making your own fanfic?

I want to make DDO more fun than it was before. And I want to increase activity in the Entertainment section.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:27:44 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 12:33:00 PM, Semiya wrote:
What's a fanfic?-

It's a story made that's based on people on DDO. An example would the DDO Walking Dead, which is based on the tv show but also has characters with real member names.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:30:40 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Best of luck with your fan fic endeavors!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Semiya
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:32:25 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:27:44 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 12:33:00 PM, Semiya wrote:
What's a fanfic?-

It's a story made that's based on people on DDO. An example would the DDO Walking Dead, which is based on the tv show but also has characters with real member names.

So it's based on the people or it's based on other shows? Is it original or not?
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:40:37 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:32:25 PM, Semiya wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:27:44 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 12:33:00 PM, Semiya wrote:
What's a fanfic?-

It's a story made that's based on people on DDO. An example would the DDO Walking Dead, which is based on the tv show but also has characters with real member names.

So it's based on the people or it's based on other shows? Is it original or not?
Based more on the people, more often than not. And most are based on exiting fiction, but sometimes you get some originals.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Semiya
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:42:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:40:37 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:32:25 PM, Semiya wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:27:44 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 12:33:00 PM, Semiya wrote:
What's a fanfic?-

It's a story made that's based on people on DDO. An example would the DDO Walking Dead, which is based on the tv show but also has characters with real member names.

So it's based on the people or it's based on other shows? Is it original or not?
Based more on the people, more often than not. And most are based on exiting fiction, but sometimes you get some originals.

Oh, okay.
Why do people post fanfiction on a debate site? How did that happen? Why not, say, Fanfiction.net or something?
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:45:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:42:54 PM, Semiya wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:40:37 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:32:25 PM, Semiya wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:27:44 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 12:33:00 PM, Semiya wrote:
What's a fanfic?-

It's a story made that's based on people on DDO. An example would the DDO Walking Dead, which is based on the tv show but also has characters with real member names.

So it's based on the people or it's based on other shows? Is it original or not?
Based more on the people, more often than not. And most are based on exiting fiction, but sometimes you get some originals.

Oh, okay.
Why do people post fanfiction on a debate site? How did that happen? Why not, say, Fanfiction.net or something?

It's part of the fun side of DDO. Like Mafia for instance, in the games section.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Semiya
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:51:12 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:45:53 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:42:54 PM, Semiya wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:40:37 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:32:25 PM, Semiya wrote:
At 7/11/2016 1:27:44 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/11/2016 12:33:00 PM, Semiya wrote:
What's a fanfic?-

It's a story made that's based on people on DDO. An example would the DDO Walking Dead, which is based on the tv show but also has characters with real member names.

So it's based on the people or it's based on other shows? Is it original or not?
Based more on the people, more often than not. And most are based on exiting fiction, but sometimes you get some originals.

Oh, okay.
Why do people post fanfiction on a debate site? How did that happen? Why not, say, Fanfiction.net or something?

It's part of the fun side of DDO. Like Mafia for instance, in the games section.

Are there any you would recommend?
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:59:18 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:51:12 PM, Semiya wrote:

It's part of the fun side of DDO. Like Mafia for instance, in the games section.

Are there any you would recommend?
The older ones are classics: http://www.debate.org...
But they're long and are more fun to read if they were still running.

The only ones running are mine, Fire's, and Panda's. Until more are written, I can't say which to read yet, without self advertising.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Peepette
Posts: 1,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 12:43:43 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I've very much enjoy the fanpics. Even the long ones. I go back and reread some of the multi chapter stories. Some have not been updated in a while, nor have ended which is disappointing. There are several clever writers on this site, and I'd love to see more material developed short or long.
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 3:34:13 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:26:31 AM, Wylted wrote:
Good luxk with this. Did firewings post his yet?

He has 2 episodes out. Check em out! :D
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 3:36:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:43:43 AM, Peepette wrote:
I've very much enjoy the fanpics. Even the long ones. I go back and reread some of the multi chapter stories. Some have not been updated in a while, nor have ended which is disappointing. There are several clever writers on this site, and I'd love to see more material developed short or long.

Come check us out now! More readers, the more writers become interested. Then, the more fanfics.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us