Jump to topic:

Presidential Role or Presidential Control - 2

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 11:37:35 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
A post by Wylted about the what he planned on doing as president was apparent 3 months ago. The following quote can be found on this post of the thread, wylted AMA: [http://www.debate.org...]
"If I lose to Bench, I will start acting as president. I will ignore that he even has the role. I will do everything to make the seat as good as empty with him in it.

If I lose to DK/Tuf I will work with their administration to bring about the best for DDO. I have talked with them a bit behind the scenes and I think they are open to working with me, as I am to them and anyone else who cares about the site.

Othwr than the above answers to your questions, my main focus is on molding the new and young members of this site into valuable contributora and natural leaders."

I have bolded the mentality that bothers me the most. Is this the type of person that we really want leading the site? A hypocrite who expects members to recognize his authority, when he openly admitted that if Bench had won LEGITIMATELY that he wouldn't have recognized his authority, is not the type of President that DDO needs. I suck at typing, and make many typos, but he doesn't even care enough to correct his own typos, why should he have the authority to mold new and young members into what he values?

He also admitted to being less than transparent months ago. The link is to post #27 on this thread titled, DDO Presidential Endorsement: [http://www.debate.org...] Here is a quote from Wylted, "Let me let you in on a little secret. I don't lose. Not when I care about winning, and now winning the election is my thing. I was reluctant to run and tried to back down at a few different points, but Rosalie encouraged me to keep pushing forward. If anyone is being used it is me, by her."

and also Wylted's words, "Yes there is. All types of secret stuff. You are not a part of the club. All of us have reached out to each other behind the scenes to make all types of top secret deals. All of us are purposely being vague with our platforms until election draws closer, all of us are using hidden strategy to win the campaign."

Do we want a President to control DDO from behind the scenes? This is what Wylted has done to win this election and it will only get worse if we do not vote to abolish the Presidency or even impeach him and allow Zmikecuber to reign as president.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 12:20:48 AM
At 7/12/2016 11:37:35 PM, Emmarie wrote:

I have bolded the mentality that bothers me the most. Is this the type of person that we really want leading the site?

No. No one should be "leading" the site.

A hypocrite who expects members to recognize his authority, when he openly admitted that if Bench had won LEGITIMATELY that he wouldn't have recognized his authority, is not the type of President that DDO needs

Wylted won legitimately. Imabench is really recognizing his authority. So that basically puts imabench in the same category as Wylted.

I suck at typing, and make many typos, but he doesn't even care enough to correct his own typos, why should he have the authority to mold new and young members into what he values?

Complaining about typos is stretching.

Do we want a President to control DDO from behind the scenes?

No. I don't want a President at all.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 3:12:52 AM
A post by Wylted about the what he planned on doing as president was apparent 3 months ago. The following quote can be found on this post of the thread, wylted AMA: [http://www.debate.org...]
"If I lose to Bench, I will start acting as president. I will ignore that he even has the role. I will do everything to make the seat as good as empty with him in it.

This alone shows how retarded Wylted truly is.....

Im not running to BE the president, and that was never the goal to begin with.... I ran to END it by REPLACING it with a totally different system..... I never would have spent any significant amount of time as president before formally declaring it dead if I were elected. It would have lasted 1 week tops.

Wylted is a power hungry maniac who is handcuffed by the fact that he is a complete dipsh*t. Anybody who is an abolitionist has no reason to support him in the upcoming referendum which is a straight yes-no vote on keeping the presidency, and any pro-presidency voter who cares more about the quality of the site then the status of the presidency should not vote for preserving it either, since a Wylted Presidency this term would harm the site 10 times worse than abolition ever could
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 10:42:34 AM
At 7/13/2016 12:20:48 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

I have bolded the mentality that bothers me the most. Is this the type of person that we really want leading the site?

No. No one should be "leading" the site.
no duh... neither do I. I used the word leading because that is what Wylted intends on, and the purpose for my OP. This quote of Wylted sums up his mentality concerning "leading" the site: " my main focus is on molding the new and young members of this site into valuable contributora and natural leaders"

A hypocrite who expects members to recognize his authority, when he openly admitted that if Bench had won LEGITIMATELY that he wouldn't have recognized his authority, is not the type of President that DDO needs

Wylted won legitimately. Imabench is really recognizing his authority. So that basically puts imabench in the same category as Wylted.

I suck at typing, and make many typos, but he doesn't even care enough to correct his own typos, why should he have the authority to mold new and young members into what he values?

Complaining about typos is stretching.
no, I'm the furthest person from a grammar nazi, but if Wylted has such high aspirations as to MOLD new members, he should at least care about his presentation.

Do we want a President to control DDO from behind the scenes?

No. I don't want a President at all.
Good, me neither then vote to abolish.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 10:43:40 AM
At 7/13/2016 3:12:52 AM, imabench wrote:

Im not running to BE the president, and that was never the goal to begin with.... I ran to END it by REPLACING it with a totally different system..... I never would have spent any significant amount of time as president before formally declaring it dead if I were elected. It would have lasted 1 week tops.

Wylted is a power hungry maniac who is handcuffed by the fact that he is a complete dipsh*t. Anybody who is an abolitionist has no reason to support him in the upcoming referendum which is a straight yes-no vote on keeping the presidency, and any pro-presidency voter who cares more about the quality of the site then the status of the presidency should not vote for preserving it either, since a Wylted Presidency this term would harm the site 10 times worse than abolition ever could

I know, I already called myself an idiot for falling for his shenanigans.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:00:11 AM
At 7/13/2016 10:43:40 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 7/13/2016 3:12:52 AM, imabench wrote:

bump

I know, I already called myself an idiot for falling for his shenanigans.