Jump to topic:

=*=VOTE: Referendum On the Presidency=*=

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:21:34 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
This thread shall serve as the voting thread, for the referendum on the presidency. This is the official thread, as was announced earlier this week.

**********BACKGROUND:***********

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

http://www.debate.org...

As you will note, the thread there did not specify who would post the referendum. The thread said only that the referendum will "take place on Wednesday July 13th. The reason the thread said only what it did is because this must come from the community, and Airmax has stated as such:

"I have publicly stated that I have removed myself from the issue, and I don't plan to change that for any reason. For this issue to be resolved, and for it to be legitimate, the community must, on its own, without any interference from me, take it upon itself to make their desire heard. If this means that the community takes some type of action, and the results of this action makes it clear to me that the community largely has a particular desire, I will, to the extent that my view, actions, or involvement in any way may impact this, will respect the results of that community action."

This thread serves that purpose. You should all realize that this has never happened before so there is no "official protocol" beyond which is outline in this thread. There is no requirement that only a moderater or a sitting president could hold such a referendum. The only requirement is that the community speak.

The only implication to holding a thing like this is that it could come from Max, because that would be improper, as he has acknowledged, for reasons most people readily understand.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHETHER THIS THREAD IS THE OFFICIAL REFERENDUM, you should direct them to Airmax, where he will explain to you that this is the official thread, and he will respect and recognize whatever decision the community comes to.

**********PROCEDURE:**********

All DDO members are eligible to vote once, subject to compliance with the TOS. That means that while you may not multi-account (and this will be checked), if you have an account, your voice counts. This is designed to ensure the most fairness and greatest representation. Objections to this requirement are moot, because this is the protocol.

Just because you are eligible does not mean that you are required to vote. You may vote, or you may not vote.

Voting will begin at the posting of this thread, and will end exactly at 11:59:59 DDO Time (Central Time) in one week, on July 20, 2016. All votes cast within that time frame by valid account holders will be counted. Members may vote once, and may not change your vote, just like the elections.

Vote counts may be periodically posted by me, YYW, or by other members. I will tabulate the final results, however.

Please select ONE of the two options described below, and bold your vote.

**********THE SOLE ISSUE BEFORE US IS WHETHER TO KEEP OR ABOLISH THE PRESIDENCY**********

The sole issue here is whether to keep or abolish the presidency. There are two options:

(1) KEEP

or

(2) ABOLISH

If the "KEEP" camp receives the majority, then the office will continue to exist until such time as the community, of which you are a part, decides otherwise.

if the "ABOLISH" camp receives the majority, then the office will CEASE TO EXIST immediately. Elections will not happen again until the community decides otherwise.

Many people, including the sitting president himself who campaigned on this happening, have expressed strong desires to hold a referendum. Here it is.

Voting begins now.
Tsar of DDO
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:24:08 AM
Keep
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:28:41 AM
KEEP

We can have an abolishment next time, with more members being aware of the concept. I think Wylted deserves this, he came close to winning last time. It seems clear to me that the people on DDO wanted him, and they still do.

New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:34:52 AM
OfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNotice

IMPORTANT NOTICE - PLEASE READ

Referendums are to be held by the community. YYW is not the community's elected representative. This thread is a fraud. The community's elected representative is Wylted as per the latest election. Legitimate referenda can only be held by Wylted. If any random person is able to hold a referendum, that makes it trivial and nothing less than spam.

Airmax does not have the authority to authorize referenda. If you PM him, he will let you know that he has removed himself from all discussion about the matter.

The correct person to ask is Wylted. You may send him a PM here (http://www.debate.org...).

Unless authorized by Wylted, referenda will have no effect on the presidency. To abolish the presidency, elect someone who runs of that platform.

To repeat, this thread is a fraud. If you want to preserve the presidency, ignore it. YYW has created this thread solely to mislead newer members and create disruption on the site.

Again, this thread is not a referendum. It is a fraud. For legitimate possibilities of having a referendum, send a PM to Wylted (http://www.debate.org...). , the community's elected representative. YYW is not the community's elected representative.

OfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNotice
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:36:01 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:28:41 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
KEEP

We can have an abolishment next time, with more members being aware of the concept. I think Wylted deserves this, he came close to winning last time. It seems clear to me that the people on DDO wanted him, and they still do.

This thread is illegitimate and only meant to mislead and "trick" people into believing that the presidency has been abolished. If you want to keep the presidency, ignore this thread and PM Wylted about his plans.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:41:10 AM
People are encouraged to contact Airmax if they have questions regarding this thread.

F16 does not speak for Airmax, for Wylted, or for anyone on the site other than himself, and he has no more authority than anyone else here.
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:43:32 AM
Referenda come from the community. YYW will be unable to provide a link showing where the community elected him to represent them. Wylted was the one elected. I'm just writing it out here so YYW doesn't "trick" or deceive new members.

Airmax has no authority as a moderator to comment on anything related to community interests. Airmax as a person has his own personal opinion which is to stay away from discussion of the issue. There is no reason he will point you to this thread as opposed to say, seventhprofessor's thread.

YYW is lying as usual.

The correct person to ask is Wylted. PM Wylted if in doubt.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:45:16 AM
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

ABOLISH: (3)

(1) YYW, (2) Objectivity, (3) Omniscient_Debater

KEEP: (2)

(1) Seventh, (2) Adam_Godzilla
Tsar of DDO
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:45:48 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:34:52 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

IMPORTANT NOTICE - PLEASE READ

Referendums are to be held by the community. YYW is not the community's elected representative. This thread is a fraud. The community's elected representative is Wylted as per the latest election. Legitimate referenda can only be held by Wylted. If any random person is able to hold a referendum, that makes it trivial and nothing less than spam.

Airmax does not have the authority to authorize referenda. If you PM him, he will let you know that he has removed himself from all discussion about the matter.

The correct person to ask is Wylted. You may send him a PM here (http://www.debate.org...).

Unless authorized by Wylted, referenda will have no effect on the presidency. To abolish the presidency, elect someone who runs of that platform.

To repeat, this thread is a fraud. If you want to preserve the presidency, ignore it. YYW has created this thread solely to mislead newer members and create disruption on the site.

Again, this thread is not a referendum. It is a fraud. For legitimate possibilities of having a referendum, send a PM to Wylted (http://www.debate.org...). , the community's elected representative. YYW is not the community's elected representative.

I'm sorry, is this an official notice? I didn't quite catch that from your post.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:47:41 AM
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

ABOLISH: (4)

(1) YYW, (2) Objectivity, (3) Omniscient_Debater, (4) Torton

Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:49:11 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:47:48 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/14/2016 12:45:52 AM, Torton wrote:
Abolish

Just so you know, this is not a legitimate thread. PM me or Wylted for more info.

You have no authority.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:50:24 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:46:57 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/14/2016 12:43:32 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

This is embarrassing for you.

He's becoming exceedingly belligerent
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:50:50 AM
NOTE:

As was easily predictable, F16 who either does not understand a referendum or who is actively lying on wylted's behalf is trying to silence people.

Cast your vote. If you have questions about whether this is the legitimate thread, you may ask them here, PM me, PM Airmax (whereupon he will confirm that he said what I said he said), or the like.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:51:11 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:50:24 AM, Mikal wrote:

He really is. It looks horrible. The optics are shameful.
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:52:29 AM
PMing YYW is useless. He's not the elected representative. Wylted is.

Airmax has nothing to do with this as YYW correctly states in the OP. You are welcome to PM him and he will tell you that this is a community endeavor and will direct you to Wylted, the point person for community issues.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:52:38 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:50:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon is a fraud. Members can always PM Wylted (http://www.debate.org...) if they want to hear it straight out of the DDO president's mouth.

Fixed.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:52:51 AM
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

ABOLISH: (4)

(1) YYW, (2) Objectivity, (3) Omniscient_Debater, (4) Torton, (5) Mikal

Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:53:34 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:51:11 AM, YYW wrote:

When you spend your days arguing
with teenagers while strengthing the internal bias within you, it requires he find self worth somewhere I suppose
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:53:48 AM
Vote abolish
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:55:05 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:53:34 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/14/2016 12:51:11 AM, YYW wrote:

When you spend your days arguing
with teenagers while strengthing the internal bias within you, it requires he find self worth somewhere I suppose

I think you hit the nail on the head. He is really making himself look terrible, and what is sad is that he doesn't understand how badly it looks that he is actively lying and trying to subvert the community on Wylted's behalf.
Tsar of DDO
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 12:55:05 AM
At 7/14/2016 12:52:29 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
PMing YYW is useless. He's not the elected representative. Wylted is.

Airmax has nothing to do with this as YYW correctly states in the OP. You are welcome to PM him and he will tell you that this is a community endeavor and will direct you to Wylted, the point person for community issues.
Who cares? If it's not official, then nothing will come of it, anyway, so why fight as hard as you are, right now?