Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Note the lack of arguments against f-16.

ShabShoral
Posts: 3,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:06:51 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
title
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:08:14 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:06:51 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
title

Yep. The idea of any user being able to make a binding referendum is even more hilarious than the idea of taking a popularity contest on a debating website seriously.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:10:16 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:08:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:06:51 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
title

Yep. The idea of any user being able to make a binding referendum is even more hilarious than the idea of taking a popularity contest on a debating website seriously.

Bing Bing Bing

Abolitionists hate the presidency because it has no power.

Abolitionists try to abolish it by making useless referendums which have no power.

lol
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:11:41 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:10:16 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:08:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:06:51 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
title

Yep. The idea of any user being able to make a binding referendum is even more hilarious than the idea of taking a popularity contest on a debating website seriously.

Bing Bing Bing

Abolitionists hate the presidency because it has no power.

Abolitionists try to abolish it by making useless referendums which have no power.

lol
YYW's thread was sanctioned by Airmax.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:13:02 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:11:41 AM, Torton wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:10:16 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:08:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:06:51 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
title

Yep. The idea of any user being able to make a binding referendum is even more hilarious than the idea of taking a popularity contest on a debating website seriously.

Bing Bing Bing

Abolitionists hate the presidency because it has no power.

Abolitionists try to abolish it by making useless referendums which have no power.

lol
YYW's thread was sanctioned by Airmax.

And he'll sanction a thread made the day after to reenact the presidency, if he's consistent. This does literally nothing.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:17:29 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:11:41 AM, Torton wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:10:16 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:08:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:06:51 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
title

Yep. The idea of any user being able to make a binding referendum is even more hilarious than the idea of taking a popularity contest on a debating website seriously.

Bing Bing Bing

Abolitionists hate the presidency because it has no power.

Abolitionists try to abolish it by making useless referendums which have no power.

lol
YYW's thread was sanctioned by Airmax.

Under what conditions? He didn't prompt it. Can anyone make a referendum about anything? Why is YYW's thread better than the others? Does YYW have a special power to post referendums? Or does a user need Airmax's proposal for a specific referendum? If Airmax backs this referendum, why not do so outright? The whole premiseis so hilariously absurd that it make the idea of a debate site president look reasonable.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:20:14 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:17:29 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 2:11:41 AM, Torton wrote:
YYW's thread was sanctioned by Airmax.

If Airmax backs this referendum, why not do so outright?

He's kind of a p*ssy when it comes to intervening and doing things, if you havent noticed.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:24:13 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I voted in the referendum but honestly, it's just more of a statement about how irrelevant the presidency seems at this point to this site functioning and functioning well than a genuine attempt to wield some form of legitimate power to end it.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:29:50 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 2:06:51 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
title

For a thread you think has no impact, you seem very concerned about it.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:36:15 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
There are no arguments made against him because he is not making arguments. He's rambling incessantly about something that he has no authority in while maintaining his demeanor as a toxic detriment to everything and everyone he comes into contact with.

The only argument that needs to be made is that if the community wants wylted out of power, it will happen by a plurality. Which will happen judging by the content of that thread. Community consent is all max needs to disavow wylted.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:36:47 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:36:15 AM, Mikal wrote:
There are no arguments made against him because he is not making arguments. He's rambling incessantly about something that he has no authority in while maintaining his demeanor as a toxic detriment to everything and everyone he comes into contact with.

The only argument that needs to be made is that if the community wants wylted out of power, it will happen by a plurality. Which will happen judging by the content of that thread. Community consent is all max needs to disavow wylted.

This is not a referendum to impeach Wylted.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:37:46 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:36:47 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:36:15 AM, Mikal wrote:
There are no arguments made against him because he is not making arguments. He's rambling incessantly about something that he has no authority in while maintaining his demeanor as a toxic detriment to everything and everyone he comes into contact with.

The only argument that needs to be made is that if the community wants wylted out of power, it will happen by a plurality. Which will happen judging by the content of that thread. Community consent is all max needs to disavow wylted.

This is not a referendum to impeach Wylted.

It's a referendum to abolish the presidency, which by extent impeaches him with it .
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:38:28 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:37:46 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:36:47 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:36:15 AM, Mikal wrote:
There are no arguments made against him because he is not making arguments. He's rambling incessantly about something that he has no authority in while maintaining his demeanor as a toxic detriment to everything and everyone he comes into contact with.

The only argument that needs to be made is that if the community wants wylted out of power, it will happen by a plurality. Which will happen judging by the content of that thread. Community consent is all max needs to disavow wylted.

This is not a referendum to impeach Wylted.

It's a referendum to abolish the presidency, which by extent impeaches him with it .

But it's not a referendum to impeach him.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:40:05 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:38:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:37:46 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:36:47 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:36:15 AM, Mikal wrote:
There are no arguments made against him because he is not making arguments. He's rambling incessantly about something that he has no authority in while maintaining his demeanor as a toxic detriment to everything and everyone he comes into contact with.

The only argument that needs to be made is that if the community wants wylted out of power, it will happen by a plurality. Which will happen judging by the content of that thread. Community consent is all max needs to disavow wylted.

This is not a referendum to impeach Wylted.

It's a referendum to abolish the presidency, which by extent impeaches him with it .

But it's not a referendum to impeach him.

It's a referendum to abolish it, which by extent removes him. Even pro presidency people see that

To quote you via summary.

" Only sane people are voting for TUF and DK, and no sane person would abolish the presidency"

The two people you voted for are voting to abolish it now because they see its broken , congrats
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:51:59 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 3:38:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:37:46 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:36:47 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:36:15 AM, Mikal wrote:
There are no arguments made against him because he is not making arguments. He's rambling incessantly about something that he has no authority in while maintaining his demeanor as a toxic detriment to everything and everyone he comes into contact with.

The only argument that needs to be made is that if the community wants wylted out of power, it will happen by a plurality. Which will happen judging by the content of that thread. Community consent is all max needs to disavow wylted.

This is not a referendum to impeach Wylted.

It's a referendum to abolish the presidency, which by extent impeaches him with it .

But it's not a referendum to impeach him.

If you want to have that one too, fine. It would seem obvious if we don't want a president at all, then the question is moot, but whatever. Run that one, and watch the results.

Wylted is hated at this point. Whatever illegitimate it had he destroyed.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:03:39 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Max should at least publicly say he's recognizing the results. The fact that he's being silent is totally confusing. Why not make it only official to those who PM you?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:11:03 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 4:03:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Max should at least publicly say he's recognizing the results. The fact that he's being silent is totally confusing. Why not make it only official to those who PM you?

Either he's sadistically wanting to watch the site burn for a few days or is taking into account the utter shitshow it looks like from afar - it makes it much easier for him to decide on abolition when the votes roll in for it.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:16:43 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 4:11:03 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:03:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Max should at least publicly say he's recognizing the results. The fact that he's being silent is totally confusing. Why not make it only official to those who PM you?

Either he's sadistically wanting to watch the site burn for a few days or is taking into account the utter shitshow it looks like from afar - it makes it much easier for him to decide on abolition when the votes roll in for it.

Blaming this on the presidency is ridiculous. If Max would have said flat-out no to a referendum, we would have moved on, just like we did when Bsh won despite massive discontent. The utter shitshow is a predictable result of the referendum.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:18:20 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 4:16:43 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:11:03 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:03:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Max should at least publicly say he's recognizing the results. The fact that he's being silent is totally confusing. Why not make it only official to those who PM you?

Either he's sadistically wanting to watch the site burn for a few days or is taking into account the utter shitshow it looks like from afar - it makes it much easier for him to decide on abolition when the votes roll in for it.

Blaming this on the presidency is ridiculous. If Max would have said flat-out no to a referendum, we would have moved on, just like we did when Bsh won despite massive discontent. The utter shitshow is a predictable result of the referendum.

I'm not blaming this on the Presidency - I'm blaming this on the actions of a person who has severely devalued the worth of considering the Presidency.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:19:09 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 4:16:43 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:11:03 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:03:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Max should at least publicly say he's recognizing the results. The fact that he's being silent is totally confusing. Why not make it only official to those who PM you?

Either he's sadistically wanting to watch the site burn for a few days or is taking into account the utter shitshow it looks like from afar - it makes it much easier for him to decide on abolition when the votes roll in for it.

Blaming this on the presidency is ridiculous. If Max would have said flat-out no to a referendum, we would have moved on, just like we did when Bsh won despite massive discontent. The utter shitshow is a predictable result of the referendum.

I blame Max for this.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:19:36 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 4:18:20 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:16:43 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:11:03 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:03:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Max should at least publicly say he's recognizing the results. The fact that he's being silent is totally confusing. Why not make it only official to those who PM you?

Either he's sadistically wanting to watch the site burn for a few days or is taking into account the utter shitshow it looks like from afar - it makes it much easier for him to decide on abolition when the votes roll in for it.

Blaming this on the presidency is ridiculous. If Max would have said flat-out no to a referendum, we would have moved on, just like we did when Bsh won despite massive discontent. The utter shitshow is a predictable result of the referendum.

I'm not blaming this on the Presidency - I'm blaming this on the actions of a person who has severely devalued the worth of considering the Presidency.

Who, Max, YYW, or Bench?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:21:49 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/14/2016 4:19:36 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:18:20 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:16:43 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:11:03 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:03:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Max should at least publicly say he's recognizing the results. The fact that he's being silent is totally confusing. Why not make it only official to those who PM you?

Either he's sadistically wanting to watch the site burn for a few days or is taking into account the utter shitshow it looks like from afar - it makes it much easier for him to decide on abolition when the votes roll in for it.

Blaming this on the presidency is ridiculous. If Max would have said flat-out no to a referendum, we would have moved on, just like we did when Bsh won despite massive discontent. The utter shitshow is a predictable result of the referendum.

I'm not blaming this on the Presidency - I'm blaming this on the actions of a person who has severely devalued the worth of considering the Presidency.

Who, Max, YYW, or Bench?

Well, two people. And none of those three.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King