Jump to topic:

Damn DDO

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:51:28 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I'll post my musings here since this is the only forum with any traction. Does anyone else find it painfully depressing and kinda pathetic that the only forum that has any activity right now is the Debate.org forum where people are posting threads about "referendums" and that fvcking fvcktactular fvckshow of a "presidency?" For fvcks sake people. Stop talking about yourselves and your silly online politics. Let's play games, challenge our intellect in interesting debates, increase our knowledge in scholarly pursuits, talk about controversial sh!t in society, socialize, educate ourselves, watch me smoke pot on Google hangouts... anything but this :(

Just look at the Debate.org forum and see how red it is with constant posts every second in threads just ripping other members apart for no reason, long-winded theories about meaningless elections, and talking about "representatives" and voting for silly nonsense. Don't you people have anything interesting or insightful to contribute? The irony is that you're all fighting over a site that has specifically become a site about sustaining site politics. It's not even about legitimate discussions or debates anymore. The Debate.org forum blowing up while the Philosophy, Society, Religion, Economics and EVEN Politics sections aren"t seeing any activity is shameful and proves what this site has become.

I'm sure someone will make a snarky remark in reply about the hypocrisy of "my caring" or some sh!t (big deal) and that's fine but seriously. Just think about what this site has become when the entire online community is not debating or having any kind of intelligent conversation at all -- but posting about DDO politics and not REAL POLITICS. Sorry but it just makes me sad. Enough with the referendums. Just drop it. Don't hold elections in 6 months or ever again. Just let it go. And that's my $0.02.
President of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:52:50 AM
Vote abolition and help end it once and for all
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:53:32 AM
At 7/14/2016 3:51:28 AM, Danielle wrote:
watch me smoke pot on Google hangouts... anything but this :(

Well I haven't even seen you in Hangouts yet so that hasn't been an option yet.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:57:22 AM
I'll post my musings here since this is the only forum with any traction. Does anyone else find it painfully depressing and kinda pathetic that the only forum that has any activity right now is the Debate.org forum where people are posting threads about "referendums" and that fvcking fvcktactular fvckshow of a "presidency?" For fvcks sake people. Stop talking about yourselves and your silly online politics. Let's play games, challenge our intellect in interesting debates, increase our knowledge in scholarly pursuits, talk about controversial sh!t in society, socialize, educate ourselves, watch me smoke pot on Google hangouts... anything but this :(

Just look at the Debate.org forum and see how red it is with constant posts every second in threads just ripping other members apart for no reason, long-winded theories about meaningless elections, and talking about "representatives" and voting for silly nonsense. Don't you people have anything interesting or insightful to contribute? The irony is that you're all fighting over a site that has specifically become a site about sustaining site politics. It's not even about legitimate discussions or debates anymore. The Debate.org forum blowing up while the Philosophy, Society, Religion, Economics and EVEN Politics sections aren"t seeing any activity is shameful and proves what this site has become.

I'm sure someone will make a snarky remark in reply about the hypocrisy of "my caring" or some sh!t (big deal) and that's fine but seriously. Just think about what this site has become when the entire online community is not debating or having any kind of intelligent conversation at all -- but posting about DDO politics and not REAL POLITICS. Sorry but it just makes me sad. Enough with the referendums. Just drop it. Don't hold elections in 6 months or ever again. Just let it go. And that's my $0.02.

I agree - for the most part, but allowing a manipulative member to remain with a title he manipulated members into getting, is distracting me from wanting to express myself elsewhere. The ironic thing is, he actually had very interesting contributions before he moved forward with his plans to make a power grab.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:57:29 AM
At 7/14/2016 3:52:50 AM, imabench wrote:

Which thread? There have been about 10 abolition threads and then more threads about the threads of abolition threads.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:58:09 AM
At 7/14/2016 3:53:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I was there the other night. I would go now but I'm also watching Netflix, so meh.
President of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:59:07 AM
At 7/14/2016 3:57:29 AM, Danielle wrote:

Which thread? There have been about 10 abolition threads and then more threads about the threads of abolition threads.

Observe F-16's behavior and let that make up your mind.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:59:12 AM
At 7/14/2016 3:58:09 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 7/14/2016 3:53:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I was there the other night. I would go now but I'm also watching Netflix, so meh.

Whelp, I missed you on the rare occassion I'm not there. There's nobody there anyway, right now.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:00:34 AM
I see. I guess I'll watch Netflix and come back later to see if anyone's around or if there is anything interesting to talk about. Goodnight ya'll.
President of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:00:40 AM

The election is already over. The next one is in six months from now.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:04:41 AM
Yessss! I couldn't have put it any better.

Like i said in another thread. I voted in the referendum but that's more about me idly just saying that this presidency thing is bogus and not worth our time.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:06:30 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:00:40 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

The election is already over. The next one is in six months from now.

Abolition or not, this statement is true.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:06:45 AM

I think people are being immensely childish and selfish for stirring all this drama and not giving a crap on the toll this would have on airmax. You want to know my vote? I vote to have the mods, specifically airmax, to be the community representatives and rule it as such. Some people may not like it, but tough for them. This has all just gotten constantly worse and people just have been so careless and unsympathetic. This is the kind of stuff that would go on in a "mock US Congress" class...if it were for 5th graders. This is what happens when there's no control and order. It is just sad, really. I started in the polls to educate myself on issues and various things, as well as hear opinions, and then when that broke I started to post in the forum to do the same thing (certainly not effective). Everything on this site has been dying, and it seems I joined to watch it slowly happen. And what's going to happen in the aftermath? Daisies and rainbows? No. It may even get worse. This is more personal to people than it should be and the consequences of that are quite clear.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:07:58 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:06:45 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I think people are being immensely childish and selfish for stirring all this drama and not giving a crap on the toll this would have on airmax. You want to know my vote? I vote to have the mods, specifically airmax, to be the community representatives and rule it as such. Some people may not like it, but tough for them. This has all just gotten constantly worse and people just have been so careless and unsympathetic. This is the kind of stuff that would go on in a "mock US Congress" class...if it were for 5th graders. This is what happens when there's no control and order. It is just sad, really. I started in the polls to educate myself on issues and various things, as well as hear opinions, and then when that broke I started to post in the forum to do the same thing (certainly not effective). Everything on this site has been dying, and it seems I joined to watch it slowly happen. And what's going to happen in the aftermath? Daisies and rainbows? No. It may even get worse. This is more personal to people than it should be and the consequences of that are quite clear.

Actually Airmax is not what he's cracked up to be. He has selectively manipulated some events of this which I'll bring to light slowly over the next few months through PMs and ultimately to Juggle.
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:08:58 AM

^^ This is the reason I'm mostly active on the hangouts
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:10:50 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:07:58 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Actually Airmax is not what he's cracked up to be. He has selectively manipulated some events of this which I'll bring to light slowly over the next few months through PMs and ultimately to Juggle.
If you had anything, you release it now, all at once. Otherwise, that claim is super empty, and no one has any reason to take it seriously.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:11:27 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:10:50 AM, Torton wrote:
If you had anything, you release it now, all at once. Otherwise, that claim is super empty, and no one has any reason to take it seriously.

No. It will be released through PMs over the next few months.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:12:31 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:11:27 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Youve got nothing at all mate

Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:14:22 AM

Unlikely. This is literally the formula for fake. "I have this thing, but you'll have to wait for me to release it."
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:15:01 AM

Wow - I could have guessed - PMs.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:15:20 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:14:22 AM, Torton wrote:

Unlikely. This is literally the formula for fake. "I have this thing, but you'll have to wait for me to release it."

I'm not trying to convince you of anything so you can believe what you want.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:15:45 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:07:58 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

What? Are you going to turn into the next YYW except this time focus on airmax instead of whiteflame? You can't do anything nor should you. No one on this site would be able to deal with the crap he has to deal with, and here you are now accusing him of being "bad" in a sense. Get over yourself. You should be respecting him, whether you like him or not. And if you have a problem with him, then contact him. You don't like his response then suck it up or deactivate. There is absolutely nothing you can do. Juggle will not listen. Not because you're insignificant, but because it's fairly clear they don't care about this site and yet you want to jump ahead and ask them to do something about airmax. The one person trying so desperately to keep this site together, where unfortunately users have been making it increasingly difficult for him. So go ahead, be selfish and waste your time.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:20:49 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:15:45 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
What? Are you going to turn into the next YYW except this time focus on airmax instead of whiteflame? You can't do anything nor should you. No one on this site would be able to deal with the crap he has to deal with, and here you are now accusing him of being "bad" in a sense. Get over yourself. You should be respecting him, whether you like him or not. And if you have a problem with him, then contact him. You don't like his response then suck it up or deactivate. There is absolutely nothing you can do. Juggle will not listen. Not because you're insignificant, but because it's fairly clear they don't care about this site and yet you want to jump ahead and ask them to do something about airmax. The one person trying so desperately to keep this site together, where unfortunately users have been making it increasingly difficult for him. So go ahead, be selfish and waste your time.

Airmax has lost his integrity and acted in an unethical manner. That's enough to organize a coalition of members to talk to Juggle. It's going to be a few months to get together because the current situation on the site is a sh1tshow,
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:23:07 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:20:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Airmax has lost his integrity and acted in an unethical manner. That's enough to organize a coalition of members to talk to Juggle. It's going to be a few months to get together because the current situation on the site is a sh1tshow,

Yep, you've turned into YYW. And if you're complaining about this site being a "sh*tshow" currently, then that's quite hypocritical since you certainly are not helping. But good luck with that.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:23:49 AM

I planned to type up a big OP for the society forum tonight, but logged on to find a bunch of mental midgets backing F-16 into a corner and poking him with sticks, with the rest of the site dead.

Not really in the mood now.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:23:52 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:23:07 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Yep, you've turned into YYW. And if you're complaining about this site being a "sh*tshow" currently, then that's quite hypocritical since you certainly are not helping. But good luck with that.
Keep sucking up to Airmax without knowing the details instead of you know PMing me.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:25:56 AM

You criticize me for allegedly appealing to authority to override the decisions of the community in the election, and are now planning to appeal to authority to override the decisions of the community in the referendum

Your stupidity trumps everything but your hypocrisy. You should leave the site.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:26:40 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:23:52 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/14/2016 4:23:07 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Keep sucking up to Airmax without knowing the details instead of you know PMing me.

I don't "suck up to airmax". I am actually one of his biggest critics. And you could state whatever "dirt you have on him" right here, publicly. Unless you're afraid to, or you're losing it.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:27:45 AM
At 7/14/2016 4:25:56 AM, imabench wrote:

You criticize me for allegedly appealing to authority to override the decisions of the community in the election, and are now planning to appeal to authority to override the decisions of the community in the referendum

Your stupidity trumps everything but your hypocrisy. You should leave the site.
Are you a moron? I have no idea what you are even blabbering about.

Community decisions are made by the community's elected representative. Not by the mod. Not by YYW. So, continue with your stupid referendum. It's not going to change jack.